AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-01-01, 21:50   Link #1741
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Convenient coincidence, this questionnaire also gives us a server list.

Now to submit the Highlander, the western European variant of the Samurai.
Old 2014-01-01, 22:59   Link #1742
Aggelos
The one whom passes by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Convenient coincidence, this questionnaire also gives us a server list.

Now to submit the Highlander, the western European variant of the Samurai.

There can only be ONE... server for highlander. lol
Aggelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 23:45   Link #1743
Fawkslen

Kamami?

So guys can any of you link,where i can read Kamamis part of story?
Old 2014-01-01, 23:58   Link #1744
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkslen View Post
So guys can any of you link,where i can read Kamamis part of story?
I think it's only in Japanese and Chinese. I know someone posted a link somewhere.
Old 2014-01-02, 01:46   Link #1745
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Not sure if it is intended, I noticed something about position of the main class:

When divided this way:

First Group: Guardian, Assassin, Cleric, Sorcerer

Second Group: Samurai, Swashbuckler, Druid, Summoner

Third Group: Monk, Bard, Kannagi, Enchanter

=
The first group fits the usual MMORPG role the best.
E.g.
Vanguard: Tank
Guardian suit the role the best. Heavy defense with aggro ability

Weapon Attack: Physical DPS
Assassin suit the role the best. Highest Physical damages

Healer: Healing
Cleric with lots of healing skill.

Mage: Magic DPS
Sorcerer deal magical damages...lots of it.

=

While the last Grouping is the furthest away from the usual role. They are more like support class to the role

E.g.
Monk is more of an attacker that contribute to damage. Continuous attack with low cooldown means this class can draw aggro away but can't tank (Probably draw heat away from the Main Tanks for them to cooldown)

Weapon Attack: Physical DPS
Bard, front-line support class (Increase Damage dealt)

Healer: Healing
Kannagi's more on damage migration and healing ability was not as good. But support the Healers (reduce the need for strong healing spell due to damage mitigation and assist in healing process with their weak heal)

Mage: Magic DPS
Enchanter, magic support class

=
The second group is not as good as the first but still better than the last group. In fact I believe this group is more of a hybrid version of first and third group.

May be I am just over-thinking.....
Old 2014-01-02, 04:29   Link #1746
J4n1

might be.
first group is the gold standard, best at what they do, but can't really contribute outside it.
second group is not quite as good, but can offer advantages other than their main function.
third group is not all that great at their main "focus", but they're damn awesome as a support after the main function has been filled.

And with group size being 6, you can get all the core functions and couple support classes to make a very good group. Or even make a group just out of tier 2 and 3 classes, but because of the buffs and other support abilities they have, they'll be just as good as a group.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 04:49   Link #1747
WhiteJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
might be.
first group is the gold standard, best at what they do, but can't really contribute outside it.
second group is not quite as good, but can offer advantages other than their main function.
third group is not all that great at their main "focus", but they're damn awesome as a support after the main function has been filled.

And with group size being 6, you can get all the core functions and couple support classes to make a very good group. Or even make a group just out of tier 2 and 3 classes, but because of the buffs and other support abilities they have, they'll be just as good as a group.
Another thing to note is that the game seems built around parties and attrition-style battles which means that while a sorc can probably out-nuke nearly anybody they'll also likely run out of mana faster and have more frequent down periods allowing DPS types who aren't as high burst to catch up in total damage dealt. The Swashbuckler seems to be this type which starts off slow but once you get all the debuffs up it's damage should spike higher or at least provide debuffs that balance out the lower DPS rate.
WhiteJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 04:54   Link #1748
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

In my opinion, the difference between tier 1 and tier 2 is only the play style- Overall performance they are only slightly inferior, but not by much.

Tier 3 on the other hand is not only very different, but also more difficult to play.... With the exception of the monk, they are harder to solo.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 05:16   Link #1749
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire

A Minor Question : are there magical accessories to enhance stats like magical rings or bracelets and the like for the players to equip in the game ?
Old 2014-01-02, 05:35   Link #1750
Estavali
あなたはそこにいますか

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
A Minor Question : are there magical accessories to enhance stats like magical rings or bracelets and the like for the players to equip in the game ?
Yup. One is mentioned in volume four: the pair of magic gauntlets that the juniors got from the boss in their dungeon training. Increases max MP of the wearer =3

Though if you're talking about stuff like STR, VIT, etc, then I'm not sure

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 05:54   Link #1751
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire

Yeah, I'm looking for the ones that increase defense and strength
Old 2014-01-02, 06:08   Link #1752
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
Yeah, I'm looking for the ones that increase defense and strength
In Shiroe's new equipment. if I remember it right. this might be mixed up because I can't remember the exact detail but there should be an equipment that Increase Defense based on wisdom and it also increase magic attack damage. There is also the equipment that lessen the lost of XP when dying. Though I'm not sure if the magic attack damage and increase in defense is from accessory or new coat. there should be also an increase in resistance for mind effecting status effect.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 06:14   Link #1753
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In my opinion, the difference between tier 1 and tier 2 is only the play style- Overall performance they are only slightly inferior, but not by much.

Tier 3 on the other hand is not only very different, but also more difficult to play.... With the exception of the monk, they are harder to solo.
The difference between tiers is not performance or power, but focus.
Tier 1 is focused on the holy trinity, with pure classes and maybe some room for speccing outside it (Naotsugu being pure tank, Isaac and Krusty being damage based tanks).
Tier 2 is more muddled, but still fairly deeply in the holy trinity territory.
Tier 3 is almost completely out of the trinity,
the tank is actually dps,
melee dps is actually buffer,
magic dps is actually buffer/debuffer/cc
and healer is less healer and more damage preventer.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 06:16   Link #1754
Tenzen12

Lessen the lost of XP? I wonder if that means it protect ones memories as well...
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 06:21   Link #1755
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
In Shiroe's new equipment. if I remember it right. this might be mixed up because I can't remember the exact detail but there should be an equipment that Increase Defense based on wisdom and it also increase magic attack damage. There is also the equipment that lessen the lost of XP when dying. Though I'm not sure if the magic attack damage and increase in defense is from accessory or new coat. there should be also an increase in resistance for mind effecting status effect.
Is there a capacity limit on how many accessories a player can equip ?
Old 2014-01-02, 06:21   Link #1756
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Lessen the lost of XP? I wonder if that means it protect ones memories as well...
that was speculated when the new equipment shows up and can you notice. that out of everyone in the top tier players. Shiroe is the only one who equip such equipment and he is not even in a battle guild.

There should be more to lost of exp so its probably to also prevent lost of memory.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 09:36   Link #1757
Cruor

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
E.g.
Monk is more of an attacker that contribute to damage. Continuous attack with low cooldown means this class can draw aggro away but can't tank (Probably draw heat away from the Main Tanks for them to cooldown)
Evasion tanks are an actual thing. They usually have abilities which makes attacking them pointless for short amounts of time and can sometimes even spam such moves. Usually these abilities are on Assassins and other things in some mmos but I think Elder Tale is going the EQ approach and giving Assassins imbalancedly high damage output but with no very good escapes (you get a lot of invisibility though). And giving Monks a lot of Evasion through passive buffs.

Meanwhile in something like GW2 Assassins (and Rangers) have insanely high evasion (heck I've even seen some evasion tank builds from these two) because they have a lot of skills that make you think you can hit them but it turns out you can't because of constant evasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Actually, according to the chart its supposed to be easiest to solo with the Monk class.
Cruor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 09:53   Link #1758
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Buff classes like Bards and Enchanters really only start to shine in a raid environment. In regular dungeons, the DPS buff they give merely should put them on the level of other DPS classes at most, and I imagine players could easily consider swapping for a pure DPS class. But in a raid environment, a single Bard or Enchanter can buff multiple parties at once, vastly increasing the DPS being thrown out.
Old 2014-01-02, 17:01   Link #1759
DQueenie13

Can anyone summarize what happens in part two of Chapter 41? It was different than the published volume's section. All I can understand is that Nyanta made dinner for Shiroe when Krusty and Isaac join him.
Old 2014-01-02, 19:18   Link #1760
rcaladlr

Where can I find the illustrations for Volume 7?
rcaladlr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers