AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 13 19.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 29.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-10-13, 23:53   Link #81
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Someone on 2ch had an interesting thought

"I'm serious about this post.
Saki is pregnant, Haruto wants to kill all the Kamitsuki, including her child. She will leave Haruto and NewJOIR, will join Cain and the Magius and will have a relevant role in the VVV Empire 200 years after, still watching over her grandgrandgrandsons and defending them from the attacks of Shoko's empire."

http://archive.foolz.us/a/search/text/haruto/page/48/
That would be amazing, and I hope it happens.

But, right now, Haruto doesn't seem to have it in for the other Kamitsuki. He does want the curse to end with him, and doesn't want any more Kamitsuki to be created...but there doesn't really seem to be any aggression from him that's directed towards the other people on his team. So if he does go all "rargh destroy all the magius including my friends" it's going to have to be at the end of quite a bit of character development.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 00:00   Link #82
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Haruto is just biting L-Elf and taking his "Runes" because he feels that L-Elf isn't some innocent like Saki is so it's okay to hurt L-Elf in his eyes. He also doesn't want to rape Saki as he has gained feelings for her and a ton of guilt which confuses him quite a bit.
Haruto still holding a grudge over being stabbed.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 00:29   Link #83
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
That would be amazing, and I hope it happens.

But, right now, Haruto doesn't seem to have it in for the other Kamitsuki. He does want the curse to end with him, and doesn't want any more Kamitsuki to be created...but there doesn't really seem to be any aggression from him that's directed towards the other people on his team. So if he does go all "rargh destroy all the magius including my friends" it's going to have to be at the end of quite a bit of character development.
Agreed. If they do have Haruto go down that path then having him experience a tragedy or great personal loss would be the first thing I could think of to do set him off. Going by Okouchi-sensei's track record it is possible.

At this point all I can hope for Haruto is some more character development. I like his character and I'm able to understand where he's coming from in terms of his situation.
Old 2013-10-14, 02:28   Link #84
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Someone on 2ch had an interesting thought

"I'm serious about this post.
Saki is pregnant, Haruto wants to kill all the Kamitsuki, including her child. She will leave Haruto and NewJOIR, will join Cain and the Magius and will have a relevant role in the VVV Empire 200 years after, still watching over her grandgrandgrandsons and defending them from the attacks of Shoko's empire."

http://archive.foolz.us/a/search/text/haruto/page/48/
Someone there wants Shoko to get raped by anyone but Haruto because they believe that she would enjoy it, all that matters is they want Shoko raped as Saki was raped.

Why would Shoko enjoy being raped by anyone?! Furthermore, just because Saki was raped doesn't mean that Shoko should also be raped to even it out just because they're both female leads!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 05:23   Link #85
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

You know, just because it's Haruto and not L-Elf possibly having a kid with Shoko, doesn't mean it mean it has to be by rape? Is the thought of Haruto and Shoko having consensual sex because they're in love out of the question?
Old 2013-10-14, 05:37   Link #86
Key Board
Donut

right now Haruto is in the "Valvraves are evil. I must destroy all Valvraves when this is over phase"

but I don't think he will always have this mindset
Old 2013-10-14, 06:12   Link #87
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
That actually sounds like pretty sound speculation. I can see Haruto's want to destroy the Magius becoming an obsession, though it would have to be something very drastic to happen to make him go all genocide like that, especially considering the child would be his.

It would be really interesting if the good guys and bad guys traded places, with JIOR becoming evil ruled by Haruto, and Cain and the Magius on the defensive trying to save their people.
That would be interesting but I don't see it at the moment. I am very sure there some people who would like that especially shippers...
Old 2013-10-14, 09:36   Link #88
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
That would be interesting but I don't see it at the moment. I am very sure there some people who would like that especially shippers...
I don't see it right now either, but I can see it happening in the future. The thing is Haruto doesn't know anything about what he is as a Magius yet or who the Magius are. (They're still calling themselves kamitsukis at the moment.) It could be that once he finds out who they are and what they've done it could change his outlook. However, even then I think it would take some really dark tragedy for him to completely turn that prejudice against them, especially since he's one of them.

I don't really ship for this show, so I really don't care about that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Someone there wants Shoko to get raped by anyone but Haruto because they believe that she would enjoy it, all that matters is they want Shoko raped as Saki was raped.

Why would Shoko enjoy being raped by anyone?! Furthermore, just because Saki was raped doesn't mean that Shoko should also be raped to even it out just because they're both female leads!
What did the post have to do with Shoko getting raped? It only mentions Saki having a child, and she was already raped. If you're talking about the 2ch/4ch comments, well, there are some people who may not care for Shoko as much as you do...

For the record, I think for them to have another rape scene would be ridiculous, and pushing it. And I don't think Shoko will be raped, or even have consensual sex, with anyone. As for Shoko's roll in this, I think it will stick to a government type role sort of like that with Cagalli, and may shift to that of a martyr if the story calls for it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 09:44   Link #89
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!

All that Haruto want to kill all kamitsuki/Magius including Saki(included their child if there one) should be proven false by the future scene in episode 12. But maybe it just that he wipe out all enemie that is Magius since we don't see any enemy that piloted a Valvrave-like mecha.

Edit: On whether Saki pregnant or not, I believe that there a strong chance for it. The reason why berserk-mode Haruto did what he did in ep 10 must have some reason behind it, I then believe it for procreation. Saki didn't not tell Haruto because she doesn't want him to take responsibility, but when Haruto tried to do something stupid like sacrificing his life or something that when Saki'll used the "I'm pregnant" card on Haruto keep him alive.

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2013-10-14 at 12:20.
DevilHighDxD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 11:17   Link #90
Destined_Fate

As long as he still has baggage with Saki and keeps these things from Shoko those two should never have sex because of Haruto's guilt and him not trusting Shoko. He raped Saki, keeping that a secret than getting Shoko in the bedroom? No, that's a huge no. She has a right to know that Haruto had raped Saki than tried to marry her without even letting Shoko know ahead of the time. Had Saki accepted than Shoko would have learned that not only did Haruto kill her father in the same day but he got with Saki too as her husband. Such a thing being kept a secret is just plain wrong and it's messed up for Shoko and Saki.

Quote:
I don't see it right now either, but I can see it happening in the future. The thing is Haruto doesn't know anything about what he is as a Magius yet or who the Magius are. (They're still calling themselves kamitsukis at the moment.) It could be that once he finds out who they are and what they've done it could change his outlook. However, even then I think it would take some really dark tragedy for him to completely turn that prejudice against them, especially since he's one of them.

I don't really ship for this show, so I really don't care about that...

What did the post have to do with Shoko getting raped? It only mentions Saki having a child, and she was already raped. If you're talking about the 2ch/4ch comments, well, there are some people who may not care for Shoko as much as you do...

For the record, I think for them to have another rape scene would be ridiculous, and pushing it. And I don't think Shoko will be raped, or even have consensual sex, with anyone. As for Shoko's roll in this, I think it will stick to a government type role sort of like that with Cagalli, and may shift to that of a martyr if the story calls for it.
Go to the link, quite a few on 2ch, and a person in that link, want Shoko to be raped to even things out because Saki was raped. The person than said that Shoko would even enjoy being raped by Haruto so someone else should rape her. Shoko being raped shouldn't happen nor should she enjoy being raped by anyone as rape isn't something that should ever be portrayed as something enjoyable ever.

It's like you two didn't read at all what I said. I specifically said this.

[Someone there wants Shoko to get raped by anyone but Haruto because they believe that she would enjoy it, all that matters is they want Shoko raped as Saki was raped.]
Old 2013-10-14, 12:25   Link #91
DuelGundam2099

*Reads the last few posts* Okay, clearly I missed something here. I'm confused, does the Shoko getting raped part of another 2chan rumor about what might happen in a later episode or some angry comment on 4chan that DF is commenting about? I'm also trying really hard not to argue about.... *cough*

I will return one day, I promise that much.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 12:28   Link #92
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
*Reads the last few posts* Okay, clearly I missed something here. I'm confused, does the Shoko getting raped part of another 2chan rumor about what might happen in a later episode or some angry comment on 4chan that DF is commenting about? I'm also trying really hard not to argue about.... *cough*
Someone in 2chan speculated that Vampire-Mode Haruto will also *cough* to Shoko as well as making a "offspring".
Old 2013-10-14, 12:38   Link #93
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

Oh ok. He was talking about another post on there. I thought DF was talking about the theory from there that I posted on here. Sorry about that DF.

As for the theory of Haruto getting possessed again and assaulting Shoko, spare me Sunrise. I thought it was cheap for when they did that Saki. And I will continue to think that until they offer a good justification for why he had to assault Saki, rather than just bite her to get runes. It felt like it was there for shock value to get people talking about the show and relationship melodrama.
Old 2013-10-14, 12:39   Link #94
Frontier

An exciting and enjoyable return by Valvrave !

After finally hearing the proper TV version of "Kakumeiki Dualism" (Would that be translated as "Liberating Dualism?"), and with visuals, I have to say I really like it. It has energy and some really nice imagery and action to go along with the music. I also kinda liked the "Kakumeiki Valvrave Starts" . It's still no Preserved Roses, but I can live with it as the second opening for Valvrave.

I was hoping for a big fight between Valvraves I and II to close out season ones finale, so it was nice to finally get to see it here. It went about as well as I expected for Unit I . Still, I think Haruto did an admirable job fighting back, and at the very least he was able to annoy Cain. It was cool to see Valvrave I improvise with the Vurutoga destroyed, and even appropriate Valvrave III's Armstrong Cannon.

I felt Haruto really stepped up as main protagonist in this episode. He refuses to let the curse get the better of him and force him to hurt someone against his will. He'll use L-Elf as much as L-Elf is using him, and with L-Elf as his Rune supplier, the Valvraves will keep working, the pilots won't go crazy, and no one innocent will have to endure what Saki went through. He also made a pretty heroic declaration that he'll find out the truth about the Valvraves and set things right, ending the curse and making them human again. Of course, the flashes to the future indicate that's far from what will happen, though I hope that Haruto is able to achieve some victory for himself by the end of the series.

If the opening is any indication, it looks like the love triangle will still be a major part of the series. In this episode we have Saki extremely worried about Haruto and more than willing to be his personal source of Rune, and hoping he'll be the same for her. With the two together for the mission on Earth, I wonder if Saki will keep up her idol stance towards their relationship or make a move while Haruto's away from Shoko? Speaking of, Shoko hasn't confessed to Haruto because she's focused primarily on running JIOR but obviously still really cares for him. She also appears very appreciative towards L-Elf, though I doubt it's anything more than that. I wonder how much focus she, and I guess what's going on with JIOR in general, will get focused on when more of the main cast is off to Earth?

As for L-Elf, as much as I think he's coming to respect Haruto and Shoko, I'm still sure he'd be willing to kill either of them if it suited his objectives. Not really your ideal love interest...

"Beast High?" Really Kyuuma ? Well, considering his last name is Inuzuka, I guess it's somewhat appropriate for Valvrave V. So that leaves I and VI as the only Units without nicknames.

So if a member of the Magius possessed the Dorsian Fuhrer, does that mean Cain isn't actually Cain ? That also makes me wonder if the Saki we've seen in the future is really Saki...

So the new uniforms are just for the team going to Earth? Shame we didn't get to see Saki in hers just yet .

Looks like the next episode is an Akira focused one, and I'm hoping to see more interactions between her and the other Valvrave pilots.

Last edited by Frontier; 2013-10-19 at 15:09.
Frontier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 14:32   Link #95
Destined_Fate

I would say that he has changed a great deal since Season 1 already. I don't see L-Elf choosing to kill Haruto or Shoko or any of the other pilots for that matter anymore. They're important pieces on the board and L-Elf, after seeing Cain go super saiyan on them, should have already realized that things are a lot bigger than he thought they were. He needs as many allies as he can get, all are too important for him right now since he has so little information at this time.

So I can see why he's going to Earth, to get info and than to plot what happens next.
Old 2013-10-14, 16:28   Link #96
Irenesharda

Quote:

As for the theory of Haruto getting possessed again and assaulting Shoko, spare me Sunrise. I thought it was cheap for when they did that Saki. And I will continue to think that until they offer a good justification for why he had to assault Saki, rather than just bite her to get runes. It felt like it was there for shock value to get people talking about the show and relationship melodrama.
I rather doubt that Sunrise will be brave enough to try that again. As for Saki, I think it will probably have some influence on the plot. We clearly saw that with Saki, Haruto was not thinking about runes. His eyes turned a completely different color and he never tried to bite her neck. His rabid mind was on one thing and one thing only.

The more I think about it, the more I think she might be pregnant. It might not be by chance that they chose two months as their time skip. The third month is usually when a woman can begin to feel evidence of pregnancy, so we should observe Saki carefully to see if she exhibits any changes to her behavior. Fatigue, headaches, sore muscles, getting sick, and then the clincher: vomiting.

So we'll see in the next few episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I felt Haruto really stepped up as main protagonist in this episode. He refuses to let the curse get the better of him and force him to hurt someone against his will. He'll use L-Elf as much as L-Elf is using him, and with L-Elf as his Rune supplier, the Valvraves will keep working, the pilots won't go crazy, and no one innocent will have to endure what Saki went through. He also made a pretty heroic declaration that he'll find out the truth about the Valvraves and set things right, ending the curse and making them human again. Of course, the flashes to the future indicate that's far from what will happen, though I hope that Haruto is able to achieve some victory for himself by the end of the series.

If the opening is any indication, it looks like the love triangle will still be a major part of the series. In this episode we have Saki extremely worried about Haruto and more than willing to be his personal source of Rune, and hoping he'll be the same for her. With the two together for the mission on Earth, I wonder if Saki will keep up her idol stance towards their relationship or make a movie while Haruto's away from Shoko? Speaking of, Shoko hasn't confessed to Haruto because she's focused primarily on running JIOR but obviously still really cares for him. She also appears very appreciative towards L-Elf, though I doubt it's anything more than that. I wonder how much focus she, and I guess what's going on with JIOR in general, will get focused on when more of the main cast is off to Earth?

As for L-Elf, as much as I think he's coming to respect Haruto and Shoko, I'm still sure he'd be willing to kill either of them if it suited his objectives. Not really your ideal love interest...

"Beast High?" Really Kyuuma ? Well, considering his last name is Inuzuka, I guess it's somewhat appropriate for Valvrave V. So that leaves I and VI as the only Units without nicknames.

So if a member of the Magius possessed the Dorsian Fuhrer, does that mean Cain isn't actually Cain ? That also makes me wonder if the Saki we've seen in the future is really Saki...

So the new uniforms are just for the team going to Earth? Shame we didn't get to see Saki in hers just yet .

Looks like the next episode is an Akira focused one, and I'm hoping to see more interactions between her and the other Valvrave pilots.
I agree with you about L-elf. He might be warming up a little, but he's no cuddly teddy-bear. He was serious about the fact that if Haruto didn't want the responsibility, he'd kill him and then replace him. L-11 is nothing if not efficient.

I think we see Saki in her new uniform. If you missed it, look in the OP, she's show a couple of times there in it. And yes there were others who had the new uniform as well, but those guys might as well be extras, so they don't really count.

With the Magius, I'm not so sure that it's switching bodies or anything like that. What the council did to Amadeus was completely different from what Haruto's done several times. Either Amadeus was completely physically transformed and is himself (he was given a new name when joining the Magius), or he was completely physically transformed and another took presence permanently took over his body. However, for it to be another presence now living in Amadeus' body, that presence would have to literally become him. It would have to take on his personality, emotions, memories, habits, secrets, everything to get away with it. If Mirko is indeed another person, he would in essence have to become Amadeus. I lean more towards the theory that Amadeus was just turned into a Magius in a more complicated way than Haruto did. Either way, I doubt there is anyway to reverse it, it looks to be permanent. As for Cain, Cain is Cain. As I said, he acts, sounds, and remembers everything from before he became a Magius and he's called Cain in and out of the council, so I don't think he's the product of any sort of body swap.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-14, 18:38   Link #97
Frontier

Quote:
I rather doubt that Sunrise will be brave enough to try that again. As for Saki, I think it will probably have some influence on the plot. We clearly saw that with Saki, Haruto was not thinking about runes. His eyes turned a completely different color and he never tried to bite her neck. His rabid mind was on one thing and one thing only.

The more I think about it, the more I think she might be pregnant. It might not be by chance that they chose two months as their time skip. The third month is usually when a woman can begin to feel evidence of pregnancy, so we should observe Saki carefully to see if she exhibits any changes to her behavior. Fatigue, headaches, sore muscles, getting sick, and then the clincher: vomiting.

So we'll see in the next few episodes.

I agree with you about L-elf. He might be warming up a little, but he's no cuddly teddy-bear. He was serious about the fact that if Haruto didn't want the responsibility, he'd kill him and then replace him. L-11 is nothing if not efficient.

I think we see Saki in her new uniform. If you missed it, look in the OP, she's show a couple of times there in it. And yes there were others who had the new uniform as well, but those guys might as well be extras, so they don't really count.

With the Magius, I'm not so sure that it's switching bodies or anything like that. What the council did to Amadeus was completely different from what Haruto's done several times. Either Amadeus was completely physically transformed and is himself (he was given a new name when joining the Magius), or he was completely physically transformed and another took presence permanently took over his body. However, for it to be another presence now living in Amadeus' body, that presence would have to literally become him. It would have to take on his personality, emotions, memories, habits, secrets, everything to get away with it. If Mirko is indeed another person, he would in essence have to become Amadeus. I lean more towards the theory that Amadeus was just turned into a Magius in a more complicated way than Haruto did. Either way, I doubt there is anyway to reverse it, it looks to be permanent. As for Cain, Cain is Cain. As I said, he acts, sounds, and remembers everything from before he became a Magius and he's called Cain in and out of the council, so I don't think he's the product of any sort of body swap.
I meant in the show proper ... though your'e right about it being in the opening.

For all we know, proper Magius' have access to the memories of their hosts bodies. Or, failing that, just need to worry about having important details about their host when impersonating them. Such as that the original Cain was friends with Amadeus and that they started a revolution together. The council likely called him Cain in the meeting because Amadeus wouldn't get who they were talking about otherwise.
Frontier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 20:39   Link #98
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

For all we know, proper Magius' have access to the memories of their hosts bodies. Or, failing that, just need to worry about having important details about their host when impersonating them. Such as that the original Cain was friends with Amadeus and that they started a revolution together. The council likely called him Cain in the meeting because Amadeus wouldn't get who they were talking about otherwise.
I thought about it, and perhaps your right. Magius drain their victims of runes through their blood. Runes are the very essence of information. Whether this be information of memories, emotions, habits, or your very DNA. So if the Magius is experienced enough he could probably absorb all of the information via the runes into his own being.

There's probably different levels of bites as well. There's the ones that only do temporary body jacks, like the ones Haruto does with anyone he bites. He only transfers consciousness, he doesn't get memories or secrets but only a few of the habits.

And then there's the longer ones that with the help of "vampiric magic?" it transforms the victim's body so that it's now immortal, and the Magius absorbs everything there is that makes up his victim's very essence. This time the body jack is most likely permanent.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-14, 20:59   Link #99
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

@Irendsharda Then that would lead into the theory that the curse takes over the host and raw instincts. Feeding and reproducing.

What you said in terms of Saki potentially being pregnant corresponding to the time skip makes a lot of sense. But, with all due to respect to the people involved in writing Valvrave, I'm skeptical that they're gonna come with something that clever. But your theory is so good, I'm hoping they do.
Old 2013-10-14, 21:28   Link #100
Irenesharda

I have another theory regarding Haruto and company being the "third generation".

Now Haruto and the other pilots were probably changed via some kind of essence that came from Pino. This was powerful enough that it would simply change a person without the need for magic, and Cain calls Pino and Prue an original pair. I think they are some of the second generation Magius, the immediate children of the primogenitors. This would mean then that Haruto and fellow pilots are third generation. They were changed via Pino, a progenitor, and so therefore their clan is the original Magius clan (why the symbol on Haruto’s blood is the same as the one that marks the skin).

That’s my theory anyway.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu