AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-10-19, 12:40   Link #61
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Because an artificial Zoan would fit better then Drake still being on the same island after 2 years. And please show me where it was ever stated that Drake joined Kaido's crew, because I must have missed that.
Really?

2 years ago we saw Drake using practically the exact same devil fruit. We see him challenge Scotch to a mano a mano, so we know he has interacted with Kaidou's crew.

2 years later, we see Caribou step onto the island that Drake was on (Kaidou's territory), fight Scotch who Drake fought before and encounter a dinosaur fruit user, a fruit which is said to be as rare as logias. The only dinosaur fruit user that we know is Drake.

So what do we have here? Drake is a dinosaur fruit user with known connections to Kaidou. Caribou is fighting a dinosaur fruit user on Kaidou's territory. Not to mention the hairdo.

Is it just me or are the dots pretty much connected for you already? Why do people deliberately ignore the obvious?

I'm not saying it cannot be an artificial DF..but seriously. The evidence is there for all to see.
Old 2013-10-19, 14:03   Link #62
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
Nothing suggest that it's Drake other than the basic shape of the thing.
More things suggest that it's not him and that it could just be another artificial zoan type user.
What exactly are these "more things"?

And who said the person biting Caribou was in their full beast mode as opposed to hybrid? Or partial transformations? In which case hair remains
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-19, 21:50   Link #63
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Why not both?
Was it ever explicitly stated, that the fruit Drake ate were a genuine one?

But if this is really Drake, then he is most likely the Supernova with the least progress at all, beeing still on the same island as two years ago.
Definitely. But based on experience, the new animesuki ( compared back in the old days when people were much nicer) can't handle it.

If i mentioned that i am going to be called a troll, person with no sense, ... . So i have learned to avoid it as much as possible.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 00:00   Link #64
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
It's a possibility. Not a more likely possibility.

If you make no sense then you will be called out for it. If you don't want to be called out for it then don't post nonsensical bull shit.

Cheers.
Old 2013-10-20, 04:43   Link #65
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Here's XDrake's image and transformation post time skip:
I have a better idea. How about just Photoshop Drake's face on that blackened picture. I must admit though, it's very creative/imaginative coloring.

I remember many different imaginative coloring when it was the case with Aokiji. People were saying it's a hat if i remember correctly. But it ended up being an animal sort of figure.

Quote:

And that image was just a basic coloring.
This .
Quote:
Nothing suggest that it's Drake other than the basic shape of the thing.
More things suggest that it's not him and that it could just be another artificial zoan type user.
I am finding myself to agree with you more and more on majority stuff each chapter .

I personally think it "could be" Drake, but plot wise it would be more interesting if he wasn't.

Also i agree with you that there is no clear black and white suggestion that it must be drake.

A lot of people are saying it is "Obvious" that it's drake and that i disagree with . I agree with you on this. Nothing suggest that it "must be" drake.

Oda's writing has never been that obvious as to it must be drake.

I personally can see why many people think it is drake. It is the first thing that comes to mind. But knowing Oda it could very well not be drake.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2013-10-20 at 04:57.
Old 2013-10-20, 06:10   Link #66
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
We don't know for certain that Drake has been situated on that island only for the past 2 years. Perhaps he got word of what was going on at that island and was sent to investigate (he may have come from somewhere else in the New World).
This is hard to prove and to disprove since we have no idea what the timeline is for Caribou's stay on the island. If it's only been a day or two there's no way Scotch would have had back up from another island which would suggest that the Dino was already there. Then again Caribou might've been there for 2 weeks or so which is ample time to request back up.
But without a time line nothing can be said for certain.

Quote:
It was never stated that Drake joined Kaido's crew. That's just something that some people have theorized (myself included). Think about it. We know that in the New World if one runs into an emperor they have two choices: 1) join their crew or 2) get slaughtered. Pre-skip, Drake goaded Kaido's wrath by starting a fight with one of his bodyguards (the one Caribou got into a scuffle with in the recent cover story). So we can see that Drake wanted Kaido's attention for whatever reason. Then we find out that Kaido and his followers/army have a zoan theme associated with them, which Drake himself fits into. And now, with this chapter that just came out, we see a T-rex attacking Caribou sporting a hairdo that looks very much like post-skip Drake's hairdo. That being said, Drake becoming a core part of Kaido's crew is plausible.
I think those 2 choices are too limited on what is possible in the new world. There could be all kinds of divergences even in those 2 options and I think simply joining a Yonkou or being destroyed seems too limited for the supernova's.
If we look at Law he was a Shichibukai and Kid has probably spent all those 2 years fighting the Yonkou's. There's just no telling what each individual supernova has been up to.

Any way having Drake join Kaido is not unlikely but just because we saw a Dino appear (even when it's likely Drake) doesn't mean he has joined Kaido, that's too much of an assumption.
Remember that the last time we saw Drake he was hellbent on picking a fight with Kaido, so him joining his crew after that seems a bit off. But no it's not entirely impossible just a bit of a stretch without any info to back it up.
Also a Dino attacking Caribou after said person having taken over Kaido's island is not really proof of allegiance without any form of context.

Quote:
^Just like BDK said. Plus ancient mythical zoan are suppose to be more rare than logias. Having an artificial ancient zoan would only make it look cheap, not to mention the similarities in it. Unless of course XDrake got killed and Kaido gave his DF to 1 of his subordinates. I'm guessing that Kaido's artificial zoan df's are all regular animals like elephants, pigs and tigers.
I can't remember how rare Drake's fruit really is but yes it's unlikely that the artificial zoan's includes those rare types. Doesn't necessarily mean it isn't another ancient zoan type but I do agree that this does make the Dino being Drake more likely.
Any way it's not like I don't agree with likelihood of the Dino being Drake I just don't want to be too hasty and rule out other possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Really?

2 years ago we saw Drake using practically the exact same devil fruit. We see him challenge Scotch to a mano a mano, so we know he has interacted with Kaidou's crew.

2 years later, we see Caribou step onto the island that Drake was on (Kaidou's territory), fight Scotch who Drake fought before and encounter a dinosaur fruit user, a fruit which is said to be as rare as logias. The only dinosaur fruit user that we know is Drake.

So what do we have here? Drake is a dinosaur fruit user with known connections to Kaidou. Caribou is fighting a dinosaur fruit user on Kaidou's territory. Not to mention the hairdo.

Is it just me or are the dots pretty much connected for you already? Why do people deliberately ignore the obvious?

I'm not saying it cannot be an artificial DF..but seriously. The evidence is there for all to see.
I'm not ignoring the obvious just stating other possibilities. "Assumptions is the mother of all fuck ups" And though I agree that the dino being Drake is more along the line of connecting the dots him being part of Kaido's crew is not, that's just assuming way too much.

PS: This just crossed my mind, but what if Kaido can control Zoan type devil fruit users? It could explain why possibly Drake "joined" him. Would also explain why he's called king of the beasts.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 08:38   Link #67
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
I think those 2 choices are too limited on what is possible in the new world. There could be all kinds of divergences even in those 2 options and I think simply joining a Yonkou or being destroyed seems too limited for the supernova's.
If we look at Law he was a Shichibukai and Kid has probably spent all those 2 years fighting the Yonkou's. There's just no telling what each individual supernova has been up to.
These are Law's words on how the New World works. We've known for a long while now that the emperors run the show there, and this information all the more confirms that. Why do you think the World Government sees them as huge threats? They're so powerful already to the point where they rule those seas virtually uncontested and they have the potential to keep expanding their power and influence. That's a very problematic issue. And remember, I said IF one runs into an emperor, they're given two options. That's the norm, but there may be an exception here and there depending on circumstances/negotiation. Again, overall the norm prevails, hence the WG's concern.
Old 2013-10-20, 16:14   Link #68
marvelB

Putting aside the Drake arguments for a moment, I'm really curious as to how the tournament's semifinals will play out? Apparently the preliminary winners have to face 4 Dofla officers before they have the chance to face Diamante, but what about the winners themselves? Won't they have to fight each other, as well? I mean, just how will the semifinals be structured? Will they be a series of one-on-one fights ala Dragonball? Another battle royal like the prelims? Or maybe Oda will pull a Kinnikuman and have the semis be a tag team match? If the last one, I think it would be VERY interesting if each prelim winner were teamed with a Dofla officer (after all, I don't see Luffy being very keen about teaming up with Burgess, for instance). Man, there's just so many possibilities for how the remainder of the tournament can go down, considering that it doesn't get interrupted.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-20, 16:39   Link #69
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm really curious as to how the tournament's semifinals will play out? Apparently the preliminary winners have to face 4 Dofla officers before they have the chance to face Diamante, but what about the winners themselves? Won't they have to fight each other, as well? I mean, just how will the semifinals be structured? Will they be a series of one-on-one fights ala Dragonball? Another battle royal like the prelims? Or maybe Oda will pull a Kinnikuman and have the semis be a tag team match? If the last one, I think it would be VERY interesting if each prelim winner were teamed with a Dofla officer (after all, I don't see Luffy being very keen about teaming up with Burgess, for instance). Man, there's just so many possibilities for how the remainder of the tournament can go down, considering that it doesn't get interrupted.....
You want to see a cross bomber or a muscle docking, don't you ? Yeah, this is something that I've been pondering myself. I'd imagine another battle royal like the prelims, but I have my suspicions that things won't play out so straight-forward. I'm expecting some kind of interruption (especially now that Fujitora is headed back over there).
Old 2013-10-21, 00:44   Link #70
JonSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post

PS: This just crossed my mind, but what if Kaido can control Zoan type devil fruit users? It could explain why possibly Drake "joined" him. Would also explain why he's called king of the beasts.
Hmm... nice theory. Like a beast master of some sort.

Quote:
You want to see a cross bomber or a muscle docking, don't you ? Yeah, this is something that I've been pondering myself. I'd imagine another battle royal like the prelims, but I have my suspicions that things won't play out so straight-forward. I'm expecting some kind of interruption (especially now that Fujitora is headed back over there).
Doflamingo is still a Shichibukai, so the interruption won't be coming from the marines. It would be nice if we at least see the 4 block winners fight against the Donquixote family representatives.
Old 2013-10-21, 02:05   Link #71
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Drake was looking for Kaido to more than likely join Kaido.

There is a high chance that Drake is/was looking for Kaido because he was most likely the only person who was both interested and could stop a secrete ( probably kuma) weapon program.

Why would he want it to be stopped? Probably if not stopped the worlds nobles or some bad elements in WG would take control and it would be chaos or something like that.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2013-10-21 at 02:26.
Old 2013-10-21, 02:57   Link #72
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Putting aside the Drake arguments for a moment, I'm really curious as to how the tournament's semifinals will play out? Apparently the preliminary winners have to face 4 Dofla officers before they have the chance to face Diamante, but what about the winners themselves? Won't they have to fight each other, as well? I mean, just how will the semifinals be structured? Will they be a series of one-on-one fights ala Dragonball? Another battle royal like the prelims? Or maybe Oda will pull a Kinnikuman and have the semis be a tag team match? If the last one, I think it would be VERY interesting if each prelim winner were teamed with a Dofla officer (after all, I don't see Luffy being very keen about teaming up with Burgess, for instance). Man, there's just so many possibilities for how the remainder of the tournament can go down, considering that it doesn't get interrupted.....
I think your last sentence is the most important one: How likely is it, that the tournament is going to proceed as planned?
With the dwarf army beeing on the move, I don't think we will see the end of this tournament.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 04:24   Link #73
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Drake joining Kaidou makes me think of the possibility that he's a double agent for the marines.
Old 2013-10-21, 08:39   Link #74
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Doflamingo is still a Shichibukai, so the interruption won't be coming from the marines. It would be nice if we at least see the 4 block winners fight against the Donquixote family representatives.
Yes, but there are numerous pirate outlaws participating in the tournament, all of whom the marines plan on arresting.
Old 2013-10-21, 10:04   Link #75
mrShady

Quote:
These are Law's words on how the New World works. We've known for a long while now that the emperors run the show there, and this information all the more confirms that. Why do you think the World Government sees them as huge threats? They're so powerful already to the point where they rule those seas virtually uncontested and they have the potential to keep expanding their power and influence. That's a very problematic issue. And remember, I said IF one runs into an emperor, they're given two options. That's the norm, but there may be an exception here and there depending on circumstances/negotiation. Again, overall the norm prevails, hence the WG's concern.
I think that's underestimating the importance of the supernova's. They aren't your run of the mill pirates and if their new nickname is any indication they've all made some sort of impact on the NW.
Any way whatever the worst generation did that doesn't mean it's impossible for them to have joined up with a Yonkou, however it would have to be under special circumstances. Either way without more info we can only speculate, so we are better off waiting on new info to find out who was right.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 10:23   Link #76
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ This isn't a matter of underestimating the supernovas. I'm simply stating how things generally work in the NW. Until proven otherwise, we are to go by what's been said.
Old 2013-10-21, 12:40   Link #77
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
^Just like BDK said. Plus ancient mythical zoan are suppose to be more rare than logias. Having an artificial ancient zoan would only make it look cheap, not to mention the similarities in it. Unless of course XDrake got killed and Kaido gave his DF to 1 of his subordinates. I'm guessing that Kaido's artificial zoan df's are all regular animals like elephants, pigs and tigers.
Momo ate an artificial devil fruit and gained a mystical dragon zoan ability.
Really, try thinking more thorough.
Old 2013-10-21, 14:39   Link #78
JonSnow

Quote:
I was talking about Xdrake's ancient df. Like I said, it's rare. Out of 700+ chapters of one piece, they only showed 1 ancient zoan, which is XDrake and 1 mythical zoan, which is Marco. Momonosuke ate an artificial zoan which transforms him into an eastern dragon made by vegapunk, not CC. You can call it mystical if you want but there's no mystical df mentioned in one piece yet.
Old 2013-10-21, 15:02   Link #79
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Out of 700+ chapters of one piece, they only showed 1 ancient zoan, which is XDrake and 1 mythical zoan, which is Marco.
In regards to what was explicitly stated in the manga, you are correct. However, Oda confirmed in the Volume 60 SBS that Sengoku's Buddha ability belongs to the mythical zoan class.
Old 2013-10-21, 18:12   Link #80
marvelB

Quote:
You want to see a cross bomber or a muscle docking, don't you ?

D'oh, you caught me! But in all seriousness, I do agree that it's more likely that the semis will be another battle royal. Nonetheless, I am still rather fond of that tag-team idea (I mean c'mon, we even have a literal wrestler dude taking part in the semis, for crying out loud!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think your last sentence is the most important one: How likely is it, that the tournament is going to proceed as planned?
With the dwarf army beeing on the move, I don't think we will see the end of this tournament.

Actually, the dwarf army doesn't necessarily have to make a difference. Remember, the factory is underneath the arena, so we could see their assault on the factory taking place at the same time as the semifinals/finals. I mean, it's not exactly guaranteed that they'll make the arena collapse as soon as they bust into the factory, after all!

Though honestly, I'm sorta still sticking with the idea that the factory raid will take place at midnight. I'm just basing this on the fact that the toy people have a curfew that they're forced to obey, so the dwarf army could take advantage of that (since even Thunder Soldier is forced to obey the curfew, so they could just follow his lead to the factory). And we don't really know for sure if the arena is active at nighttime, do we.....?

Quote:

Pretty sure JonSnow was referring more to genuine DFs in this case. Momo's fruit may be based off a mythical creature, but it's still artificial, so it most likely wouldn't count....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote