AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2014-07-29, 19:44   Link #3221
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Given how I've had only FOUR 46cm guns during the last event (and that was on a different account!), I can't care much for the differences it provides for support fleet bombardment. Heck, I used 36.5 cms in bulk during that event.

Now I have 3 46cms. Can't see the worry now either.
Old 2014-07-29, 20:04   Link #3222
Nemesis

Okay, here's a query regarding the Kai Nis of Kanmusus released in recent patches.
How well do the following Kanmusus perform compared to other Kanmusus in their roles?

1.Ayanami Kai Ni
2.Souryuu Kai Ni
3.Hiryuu Kai Ni
4.Ryuujou Kai Ni

I was thinking of raising them eventually for the next event.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 20:16   Link #3223
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
For that kind of question, it is best to simply check the kai ni stats and compare with other ships to have a rough idea how good it is. I say that because this is also the best way to figure if a new kanmusu is any good or not.

In any case, save perhaps Ryuujou (due to her poor AA), those you listed are actually good kai ni.
In general sense, all kai ni are good to go, except Kinugasa, Bismark Zwei, Leebe Zwei and Maxx Zwei.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 21:11   Link #3224
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Kinugasa kai2 is not done for the sake of kai2... it's done for the sake of the gun. I too, plan to farm Cobra.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 21:34   Link #3225
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

You people are crazy, as crazy as people wanting to farm Sendai for her star shells. Crazy, all of you, given the effort to even GET to that level.
Old 2014-07-29, 21:52   Link #3226
Cyprene

I remember being absolutely astonished to find out that "Makigumo farming" is actually a thing. Where the hell do you get enough Makigumos to farm them? Why would you farm them for a type 3 depth charge that's trivial to get?
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 21:54   Link #3227
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Kinugasa kai2 is not done for the sake of kai2... it's done for the sake of the gun. I too, plan to farm Cobra.
...I must agree with Myssa here: what the hell?
I'm starting to get baffled by your decisions: as of late, you refuse to craft beyond the dailies for equipement, yet you are willing to grind ships for stock equipements, despite they cost WAY more in the process, while said process takes ages?
I would understand if you meant Mikuma and other regular kai for stock equipment, but Kinugasa...?

With all due respect, I can't compute this. Be it for enjoyment or efficiency sake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
I remember being absolutely astonished to find out that "Makigumo farming" is actually a thing. Where the hell do you get enough Makigumos to farm them? Why would you farm them for a type 3 depth charge that's trivial to get?
Makigumo is actually a frequent drop if you grind 2-3 with submarines.
I actually got 15 of my sonar 3 with Makigumo and grinding a DD to lvl30 is not exactly a feat.

And no, due to how sonar and depth charge recipe works, it is arguably not trivial, especially not when development kits are hard to get by when you are spending them with LSC (even if that recipe yield penguins quite often, you are also prone to have very crappy cannons and bauxite decrease quite easily with it).
Old 2014-07-29, 21:54   Link #3228
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Lv.60 CL is only like a couple days of pvp and 4-3 cruising.
TBH anything under Lv.75 is cake walk if the ship class allows easy MVPing

Though I wouldn't really farm Sendai. I don't really need more than 3 star shells. Would rather spend the resources on KTKM and Souryuu instead if I were to farm anything.

And I agree Mikuma > Kinugasa any day, and since Mikuma drops like rain during events, there really isn't much point in farming her in regular map anymore.

Quote:
Eh, crafting sonars kinda sucks. It takes like 50 tries to get a pop of it and half of those would be wasted dev mats, so back in my early days Makigumo farm is a much more favorable option since she drops like rain in 2-3 and now 5-4 (again, daily pvp does the trick for leveling, no need for MVP).

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-07-29 at 22:04.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 22:06   Link #3229
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
You people are crazy, as crazy as people wanting to farm Sendai for her star shells. Crazy, all of you, given the effort to even GET to that level.
That's the reason why i am so selective on which Kanmusu is to be kept on my fleet- I just dont have enough resources to raise someone i dont need.

On the subject of Ryuujou Kai Ni and Hiryuu Kai Ni......given they have high attack power,should'nt they be amongst the stronger ones of their class?
(Hiryuu Kai Ni has more attack power than even Taihou,btw.)

Or is it the general spread of stats that determine the better Kanmusu most of the time?
Old 2014-07-29, 22:09   Link #3230
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

For CVs it's slot plane count > firepower > other things
And Taihou gets an extra niche for being able to attack at medium health
Old 2014-07-29, 22:10   Link #3231
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
TOn the subject of Ryuujou Kai Ni and Hiryuu Kai Ni......given they have high attack power,should'nt they be amongst the stronger ones of their class?
(Hiryuu Kai Ni has more attack power than even Taihou,btw.)

Or is it the general spread of stats that determine the better Kanmusu most of the time?
Simply factoring attack power isn't enough, especially with CV in general.

Ryuujou has the best attack power among all CVL, but she has a very crappy AA which means that if you don't have air supremacy, a flagship wo-class or nu-class can nuke her from green to red (already tested her with 5-2 and 5-5. I'm not going to bring her to 5-5 ever again).
Chitose and Chiyoda are still the best CVL in general.

As for Hiryuu, she is quite potent, but she is still "only" the third best CV, because Kaga has much better plane slots, while Taihou has the best inherent ability with great stats to boot.

You need to consider every combat stats in there, especially plane slots for CV.
Old 2014-07-29, 22:11   Link #3232
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm starting to get baffled by your decisions: as of late, you refuse to craft beyond the dailies for equipement, yet you are willing to grind ships for stock equipements, despite they cost WAY more in the process, while said process takes ages?
I'm thinking it's really the hoarder's mentality. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Fencedude (of the Seaslugs blog), but during the Spring Event he had MORE than enough resources to not only outfit a fleet, but BUILD the missing ships to fill in his lineup (Yamato and Mutsu specifically)... Yet didn't. Because it was apparently too expensive. Except he had something like 200k resources. o_o

Take note at that point I had barely scraped together 100k resources (see my posts from that period).
Old 2014-07-29, 22:14   Link #3233
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(Ashamed to admit that I do farm for Mikuma. I farm Makigumo semi-religiously too.)
No, not for Kinugasa to be serious. I guess coming from a person that wants to farm Hiryuu and Soryuu makes it questionable.

Well, you get 13 devmats a day in total, 4 out of these goes to building ships. That leaves you with 9 to craft whatever. My devmat count has flatlined since I end up using all that I've gained. (got 1 Ryuusei Kai today. woo-)
Devmat is a much harder thing to accumulate than buckets. I guess I still wouldn't go negative if I can help it.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2014-07-29, 22:17   Link #3234
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Probably not Hiryuu since her stock torp bomber isn't better than Ryuusei Kai.
Souryuu's Egusa Type 99 is a different story though.
It takes a bit of work but not unreasonable given how far behind Suisei 12A is than Ryuusei Kai.
Wouldn't mind having an extra 1 or 2 of those Egusa dive bombers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
4 out of these goes to building ships
Er... you do know you get at least half of those back right?
Old 2014-07-29, 22:18   Link #3235
Nemesis

Quote:
Simply factoring attack power isn't enough, especially with CV in general.

Ryuujou has the best attack power among all CVL, but she has a very crappy AA which means that if you don't have air supremacy, a flagship wo-class or nu-class can nuke her from green to red (already tested her with 5-2 and 5-5. I'm not going to bring her to 5-5 ever again).
Chitose and Chiyoda are still the best CVL in general.

As for Hiryuu, she is quite potent, but she is still "only" the third best CV, because Kaga has much better plane slots, while Taihou has the best inherent ability with great stats to boot.

You need to consider every combat stats in there, especially plane slots for CV.
I knew those two CVL were actually good when raised to max,but i didn't have time to figure out how exactly they worked.Do i really have to remodel them that many times?

Because,they dont seem very combat capable,thus i shelved them.
Old 2014-07-29, 22:20   Link #3236
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

You cannot skip remodel process if you want Chitose and Chiyoda CVL Kai ni.
That said, you should keep them as Sea Tender A (lvl12) until they reach the CVL Kai form (lvl35). Immediately remodeling them into the first CVL form (lvl15) is a bad idea considering the blunt stats drop. So keep them as AV up to lvl35, then remodel them twice.

Just read the wiki carefully since every steps are explained for every subject.
Old 2014-07-29, 22:23   Link #3237
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Just read the wiki carefully since every steps are explained for every subject.
Kind of terrified of visiting the wiki now with the event so close, as I'll be treated by the same kind of idiocy that plagued the Spring event.
Old 2014-07-29, 22:24   Link #3238
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

You do more damage by sticking ChitoChiyo full of torps as tenders than you do stacking them with planes, although if you level them in 3-2, it would only matter if you want them to get MVP as flagship. I did Chiyoda as a tender and Chitose as CVL. Chitose just leeched xp from dailies while Chiyoda was flag at 3-2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Er... you do know you get at least half of those back right?
Well yes, but 13 is the gross without taking account of what you used up in the dailies.

Old 2014-07-29, 22:25   Link #3239
Cyprene

Quote:
You cannot skip remodel process if you want Chitose and Chiyoda CVL Kai ni.
That said, you should keep them as Sea Tender A (lvl12) until they reach the CVL Kai form (lvl35). Immediately remodeling them into the first CVL form (lvl15) is a bad idea considering the blunt stats drop. So keep them as AV up to lvl35, then remodel them twice.
This isn't necessarily true if you're leveling them in 3-2-1, is it? Their stats are certainly better, but if you give them a good plane loadout they can get MVP much easier as a carrier.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 22:28   Link #3240
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Kind of terrified of visiting the wiki now with the event so close, as I'll be treated by the same kind of idiocy that plagued the Spring event.
Just don't read visitors comments. That said, when it comes to event information, I double check them with jp wiki.
Quote:
This isn't necessarily true if you're leveling them in 3-2-1, is it? Their stats are certainly better, but if you give them a good plane loadout they can get MVP much easier as a carrier.
No, actually it is way easier to have MVP with them as a sea tender than non kai CVL.

Tags
browser game, ship girls