AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-11-24, 13:29   Link #881
DragoMuseveni
Shadow Realm Ruler

Send a message via Yahoo to DragoMuseveni Send a message via Skype™ to DragoMuseveni
So sun wukong , Dulio and slash dog will train issei . what power he will awake cause i believe in a far far future he will posses a powe far greater than ophis and great red
Old 2013-11-24, 15:54   Link #882
peinmaximus@

guys,what you think that will happen in vol 17?and whom you think that will be the main enemy of this vol?maybe some norse god who works to rizevim?
peinmaximus@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 19:45   Link #883
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Not likely. Ise probably won't be ready to take on gods until maybe vol. 20+. But by then Rias may have to reconsider her ambition on the rating games, because when you have to develop sure-kill techniques to handle actual threats... the protective precautions taken for the RGs don't seem to be that sufficient anymore. I can see at least one accidental death happening to illustrate that even if the process of "retiring" is in action while an attack is hitting, it may not be fast enough to save the victim from dying mid-transport. Which may get Rias or one of the others of the Gremory group banned from the RGs.
Old 2013-11-24, 19:52   Link #884
G147

Well no one said Issei would have to fight the God 1-on-1, he can just battle together with his friends as usual. This is what i like about DxD fight, there's no focus on the MC only but there is also focus on the others, in this case the main group being the ORC.

Last edited by G147; 2013-11-25 at 01:47.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 23:46   Link #885
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Not likely. Ise probably won't be ready to take on gods until maybe vol. 20+. But by then Rias may have to reconsider her ambition on the rating games, because when you have to develop sure-kill techniques to handle actual threats... the protective precautions taken for the RGs don't seem to be that sufficient anymore. I can see at least one accidental death happening to illustrate that even if the process of "retiring" is in action while an attack is hitting, it may not be fast enough to save the victim from dying mid-transport. Which may get Rias or one of the others of the Gremory group banned from the RGs.
Yep it was stated in Volume 14 Life 2.

Quote:
This crimson sphere will definitely become a forbidden move for the game.
Quote:
It must mean that it has a power where even the retiring system of the Rating Game cant avoid.
Old 2013-11-25, 00:20   Link #886
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

even isse's fist can actually kill someone before the system in the rating game can save them ..
remember sairog's queen ? everyone was surprise cause iisse actually went all out
Old 2013-11-25, 09:19   Link #887
peinmaximus@

guys,I think that in the next vol ise will update much more his power and he will can fight with gods.I think that the enemy of vol 17 will be one norse god.
guys,is already the moment in that the MC show his power of be the main character and defeat the powerful beings alone.
Old 2013-11-25, 10:19   Link #888
wilhelmus

I think that Isse will improve to full dragonification for his ultimate power. But I also think that it will be a case where he won't be able to revert, at least in the beginning, on his own. Think about it, will the author really bypass the Ecchiness of having Rias or Akeno or both suck the dragon aura from his whole body like they did his arm?

I think also the only reason Ddrang and Albion are having problems are that they won't accept who they are. Remember that Isse used oppai to get through to the previous consciousness and also when he listened to the messages they left the Albion senpai told him that bits are good too. Perhaps that is what the original fight was about.
wilhelmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 11:18   Link #889
peinmaximus@

guys,the author of dxd is devaluing his MC(ise).now even gasper,that was the weakest of the gremory group three or two volumes ago,is stronger than ise.this really makes me nervous.
now ise even can defeat grendel,that probably is the weakest of the evil dragons.
the author will really have to make ise become more powerful in vol 17.
Old 2013-11-25, 11:32   Link #890
wilhelmus

As has been said before on here. It is time for the other group members to get stronger, otherwise they will hinder Isse. If they can not protect themselves he will be constantly protecting them and unable to beat the bad guys. Also, when Isse sees his friends get stronger, he also works harder to become stronger.
wilhelmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 11:37   Link #891
Ickarium

Not to mention I find the idea that the others are stronger than Issei to be fallacious. To use gaming terms, Issei in Crimson Queen is a Jack of All Trades. He's very fast, very strong, very tough.

Rias using her black hole move is a Glass Cannon. It takes time to build up, and she can be pounded on during the time, but if she does get it off, it hits for /massive/ damage.

When fighting someone who has uber-defenses, yes, Rias will be better right now. That's the whole point of the tradeoff there. Issei's punches hurt him a little bit. Meanwhile, Rias' attack obliterates his defenses, but it's the equivalent of a finishing move. Also note that it's implied that Grendel was 'improved'. My guess is through the Holy Grail, so he's not the same dragon he was before.

Not sure about Gaspar yet as I haven't gotten that far, but he feels from what I've seen before to be a technique type. Really, really great in a fight, but I don't think he's suddenly going to outpower Issei.

As the above poster said, the others are just rising to Issei's level more or less. The idea of Issei being weakest in the team is laughable. They're just getting stronger. Unless you want Issei and his team of chumps, anyway.
Old 2013-11-25, 11:54   Link #892
G147

DxD is more on the team battle not individual battle, that's why the author is spending time making everyone stronger. Every Volume of DxD focuses on the Occult Research Club, if Issei's the only one getting a power-up, Ishibumi might as well start omitting the ORC and start focusing on Issei only which would be really boring.
Old 2013-11-25, 17:15   Link #893
Gary29

That's one of the things that makes DxD as great as it is. It's built on a team effort in battles instead of just the MC being all-powerful and beating everyone on his own. They have to work on a team to win and Ishibumi does it really well. There's no way Ise is underpowered, some people just think that because he's not getting the direct spotlight while the other characters are rising to Ise's power level more or less.

FanFiction

Highschool DxD is my all-time favorite series!
Gary29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 09:17   Link #894
MrZellian
something...

Well if volume 17 has to do with Norse mythology I would predict that maybe Nhǫggr(evil dragon from the Norse) will appear...

Also the others stronger than Issei???....ehhh??? what? If anything the others need to start catching up somewhat before he is able to slay Gods...
MrZellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 16:47   Link #895
kikix

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Yeah i know and it's not that i'm against you or anything but many of you guys keep on emphasizing that Kiryuu is Tiamat like it's a must. Just let the story go naturally.
You misunderstood my post entirely. It certainly would be entertaining if she was Tiamat...but not once I though that she is.
All I did was pointing out that the barrier is in no way relevant to knowing whether she is Tiamat or not. Or anyone within the Issei's hometown, for that matter.

Also, I'm sorry but trying to explain things to peinmaximus@ seems to be really just a waste of time. He keeps saying the same questions over and over (probably copy/pasted), even when they were completely answered on multiple occassions. This exact same discussion was already done few times before.
I think he's just a troll or a horrid case of someone that never reads replies. But I may be wrong.
kikix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 20:38   Link #896
Tbolt

IMO we wont see any great battles with Norse bad guys because they have already defeated the Evil-God Loki, and The Shitty Geezer Odin even though he has adopted Vali still takes great interest in Ise. We may see a friendly match between Ise and Thor, and we may see interaction between Rossweisse and other Valkyrie's.

kikix I hear what your saying, we all have feelings like that on whatever board we post on but it's just uncool to say it out loud. Peace out.
Old 2013-11-28, 10:00   Link #897
DragoMuseveni
Shadow Realm Ruler

Send a message via Yahoo to DragoMuseveni Send a message via Skype™ to DragoMuseveni
It will be fun if there will be a fight between ise and thor but i believe it won`t happen . And Issei get a power up form great red and ophis , then vali will get a power up from odin. This sure is entertaining . And gasper born was pretty nasty . I hope 17 will focus on ise and rias .
Old 2013-11-28, 10:40   Link #898
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoMuseveni View Post
It will be fun if there will be a fight between ise and thor but i believe it won`t happen . And Issei get a power up form great red and ophis , then vali will get a power up from odin. This sure is entertaining . And gasper born was pretty nasty . I hope 17 will focus on ise and rias .
It's already said the Volume 17 will focus on Rossweisse. It's probably be the ORC and Vali Team going to Asgard to finalize Vali's adoption and maybe find some new weapons to combat Rizevim and his team.
Old 2013-11-29, 17:43   Link #899
blade82

i havent yet read vol.16 so are we getting some news about Sona's feelings toward Saji or Ise?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 18:06   Link #900
Gary29

Vol16 doesn't really focus on Sona at all, so to answer your question no.

Edit: Life 2 2/3 done on n0m@n's blog, thanks n0m@n!

So that was a pretty cool update, showing their relations with Lilith outside the castle. Rossweisse is yearning for a 100-yen store in the Vampire world, poor her. Valerie, Gasper and Koneko are having daily tea-parties, and everyone else is being stalked by the castle guards.

FanFiction

Highschool DxD is my all-time favorite series!

Last edited by Gary29; 2013-11-30 at 10:39.
Gary29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel, translation