AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-01-07, 12:46   Link #981
5hiro
House Guardian NEET

Long-time lurker, First-time poster...

From what I've read, the moment Gasper became that black form, it was his Balance Breaker becoming active. It's this form that can be considered as the 14th Longinus.

We have to also remember that Gasper was born in this "Balance Breaker" form and from what Gasper Balor states, all of this was due to Valerie's Holy Grail giving access to Balor's consciousness to awaken. Similar to how Vritra awakened his consciousness when connected to Ise's blood (in context).

Of course, this was done subconsciously by Valerie, who had (apparently) no knowledge of the Sephiroth Grail Sacred Gear inside of her until much later.

perhaps after the 4th chapter, the following one titled "Gasper Balor" may explain a few more things in regards to the Forbidden Invader Balor the Beast.

let's look at the lines which state everything we know about Balor:

《Yes. I am Gasper. Except, I can say that I am Gasper, but not Gasper. What possessed in this boy when he was in his mother’s womb is a fraction of Balor’s consciousness that has been broken.》

and

《For some reason, I felt that I need to save this girl who is in possession of the Holy Grail. Very strongly, that is. That was a feeling different to my other self who is feeling indebted to her. ……Is this my gratitude towards her? I don’t know very well about it myself, but most likely, she had been using her power unconsciously even before it awakened completely. Even the fraction of Balor’s consciousness that became me is something she summoned by using the Holy Grail……and did she create me with it……?》

“You are saying that what gave birth to Gasper was Valerie when she was a child……? So the reason why Rias was able to reincarnate Gasper was due to the fraction of Balor that had lost its divinity…… And is the reason why Gasper was born with “Forbidden Balor View” due to being attracted by Balor’s power……? It sure is like a joke to have the actual being reside in it despite being something that was an imitation of it. Why didn’t Crom Cruach show any strong response to him just before? But, that is—”

It seems like Sensei is coming up with many ideas and is now muttering.

Gasper then tells Sensei.

《This form—is at least something created due to the fusion of the Sacred Gear and the Balor inside me. You can say this is the Balance Breaker, but also isn’t. Yeah. —I might as well call it the “Forbidden Invade Balor the Beast”.》

... So pretty much we can safely say Forbidden Invade Balor the Beast is the name of Gasper's Balance Breaker, which sounds closely related to [Breakdown the Beast] in that it's similar to [Juggernaut Drive] Ise possesses (and later discards) and thus considering it's conscious, it can be considered the 14th Longinus. And yes, it doesnt mean it IS the [Breakdown the Beast] effect they explained in Vol 11, but it is somewhat similar in name only.
5hiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 13:08   Link #982
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Balor isn't sealed inside the Sacred Gear, so I don't think Breakdown the Beast can be applied here.

It is quite clear here, at least to me that is, that Balor isn't inside the Sacred Gear but is more closely connected to Gasper.
That's why I said it referenced it, like how "Chaos Break" and "Chaos Drive" refer to Balance Breaker and Juggernaut Drive, while not being directly connected.

Speaking of which, since there was alot lately about vampires with sacred gears there is something I wondered. Gasper could gain power by drinking Issei's blood since he was a Heavenly Dragon, and Chaos Break powered up sacred gears using the blood of who descended from a Maou, what would happen if one of them used Vali's blood.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 21:21   Link #983
Tbolt

It is very interesting that Gasper and Balor are one but at the same time separate but Balor also carries Gasper's feelings for the gang.
Quote:
I did watch over all of you through my other self.
So Rias and the gang have gained a powerful ally within there friend.
Old 2014-01-07, 21:54   Link #984
Vezon

What I'm confused is that Gasper was hinted to be some sort of super vampire that is born every several hundred years, but instead his power comes from a "dead god" was part of or hidden in gasper sacred gear. But either way Gasper a monster.
Old 2014-01-08, 00:04   Link #985
5hiro
House Guardian NEET

it's simple. think of Gasper's sacred gear as one which was possessed the powers of the Evil God Balor. Just like Saji and Vritra...

... and this Sacred Gear gained a consciousness. Just like Vritra.

plus, what made it appear was due to the trigger of losing Ise in Vol. 12. (Vol. 6 if you think carefully due to Juggernaut Drive being active)
Old 2014-01-08, 00:47   Link #986
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hiro View Post
it's simple. think of Gasper's sacred gear as one which was possessed the powers of the Evil God Balor. Just like Saji and Vritra...

... and this Sacred Gear gained a consciousness. Just like Vritra.

plus, what made it appear was due to the trigger of losing Ise in Vol. 12. (Vol. 6 if you think carefully due to Juggernaut Drive being active)
Vritra's soul is sealed inside Saji's Sacred Gear. Balor isn't. I think that's what is causing the confusion, to me that is.

Quote:
《All of you from the Occult Research Club, I am an existence that will taint everything in darkness. However, I promise that I won’t hurt all of you at all cost. I did watch over all of you through my other self.》
That means Balor's consciousness is already awake the whole time. Not unlike Vritra.
He only manifested hmiself because of the grief that Gasper has when he learned of Issei's "death". (just like what you said)

Balor is kinda like Gasper's alter ego.
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 01:03   Link #987
ady623

"So that phenomenon back then was due to the fractional power of both Ise-kun and Gasper-kun’s……!? ”

so does ise have a fraction of balors consciousness inside him as well and will this play a big part in the future like how it is with sanji and virta helping sanji control the dragon king by just being in his presence or is this just a coincidence
ady623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 04:20   Link #988
Anicca
Lost Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ady623 View Post
"So that phenomenon back then was due to the fractional power of both Ise-kun and Gasper-kun’s……!? ”

so does ise have a fraction of balors consciousness inside him as well and will this play a big part in the future like how it is with sanji and virta helping sanji control the dragon king by just being in his presence or is this just a coincidence
I think that's not the case. When Ise went rampage using Juggernaut Drive, fragment of Balor's consciousness (or Gasper's alter ego)is already awake. He did demonstrated to Ise that he can somehow "link" his eyesight to others or vice-versa.

So I think it was not the Juggernaut Drive/Ise that stopped Shalba Beelzebub at that time but Gasper. (unconsciously though)
Anicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 06:40   Link #989
qade21

hello everyone, i just recenly joined and can you pls post a link to n0m@n blog i've reading the threads and i can't seem to find a link to it or did i just missed it, i want to read the translation n0m@n did for volume 16. thank you.

and also this may not be related but from what LN does the pics n0m@n used in every post of his it keeps me thinking that i somehow read it just cant remember clearly.. thanks again
qade21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 12:41   Link #990
Tbolt

gade21 and use the drop down menu at the top.
Old 2014-01-09, 19:31   Link #991
qade21

thanks for the link and your time
qade21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 04:39   Link #992
5hiro
House Guardian NEET

And N0m@n has updated it to include life 4 (50%)

thanks! but after all that explanation so far, how will the ORC and Vali handle this situation? and what will happen to both towns and inhabitants?

MORE QUESTIONS, NOT ENOUGH ANSWERS!
Old 2014-01-13, 07:51   Link #993
Chris38

Nice update.

So, I guess that means that this arc is still going to last quite a long time, considering the fact that most of the Gremory group and their allies, that are Sacred Gear users, have to develop abilities that are completely independent from the abilities that they have due to their Sacred Gear's, from the scratch.

It also probably means that we might see Vali and Ise fighting without using their armor's, since,after all, this ability is a part of their Sacred Gear powers.

Although, it's still going to be interesting to see how they are going to deal with the current situation.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 09:11   Link #994
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Nice update.

So, I guess that means that this arc is still going to last quite a long time, considering the fact that most of the Gremory group and their allies, that are Sacred Gear users, have to develop abilities that are completely independent from the abilities that they have due to their Sacred Gear's, from the scratch.

It also probably means that we might see Vali and Ise fighting without using their armor's, since,after all, this ability is a part of their Sacred Gear powers.

Although, it's still going to be interesting to see how they are going to deal with the current situation.
I don't think Rizevim will actually be left to them. While its possible to see the cast developing non-SG powers, I think Rizevim will be left to Sirzechs. That way they can focus on getting stronger their own way without going back and developing a counter to a single enemy.

Ise will still be left with Crom Cruach and maybe Grayfia's brother, which is a large hurdle as is.

Or maybe the ORC members that aren't SG-possessor's will tag team him while the rest keep the Ophis clone busy. Not a fan of this approach though.
Old 2014-01-13, 09:43   Link #995
II Maestro

Finally the chapter where Rizevim reveals the other world where Chichigami reside and Great-Red who is guarding the dimension.

Rizevim is somewhat interesting the way he talks. Judging by Rizevim's ability to cancel sacred gear abilities it looks like Ise & Vali will have to let Sirzechs to deal Rizevim.
Old 2014-01-13, 11:33   Link #996
Tbolt

Cool were getting close to Ise's two dragons popping out for some whoop ass.
Old 2014-01-13, 11:38   Link #997
Ickarium

I'm really looking forward to that.

I want to see Ise's reaction. And Vali's.
Old 2014-01-13, 17:20   Link #998
Vezon

Why can't Rizevim just take over the world he already lives in? He has the Khaos Brigade, an army of evil dragons including Crom Cruach, 2 holy relics, Lilith (who's is on par with the two heavenly dragons),his sacred gear cancler ability and eventually the 666 beast. It a bit ridiculous why he can't take over the world he lives in.
Old 2014-01-13, 18:31   Link #999
Anicca
Lost Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezonisdead View Post
Why can't Rizevim just take over the world he already lives in? He has the Khaos Brigade, an army of evil dragons including Crom Cruach, 2 holy relics, Lilith (who's is on par with the two heavenly dragons),his sacred gear cancler ability and eventually the 666 beast. It a bit ridiculous why he can't take over the world he lives in.
This is just my opinion.

The current DxD world's mythologies made an alliance. So I doubt that it'll be easy to conquer the current world.

And another reason is that, an unknown force (Khaos Brigade) spreads chaos from an unknown world (where Chichigami-sama) with unknown systems is much more easier than a well-known current world.
Anicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 19:31   Link #1000
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezonisdead View Post
Let's not forget that even Ddraig and Albion were defeated at the height of their power. There is quite a few strong guys that havn't made an appearance in the story yet. Rizevim has got quite a hacked skill, but there are gods from other religions that would likely beat him handily, doubly so if they cooperated.

Plus he just wasn't interested until he found out about the other world. He doesn't want to conquer the world they are already in. He wants to see something new. If the world burns behind him then thats a bonus. At least thats my interpretation.

Tags
light novel, translation