AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-01-25, 07:04   Link #1101
lived_1714

@jasper222

Ishibumi did say Kiryuu is just a meganero (glasses erotic girl). But who knows? The author is the same guy who wrote in his Vol 1 afterwords about Issei fighting some monster with beam, then Issei himself shot that monster, now look at Vol 12. Also, Chichigami also was said to be only appeared one time, now look at what the hell Rizevim's gonna do.

He likes to troll us, it's not a bad thing anyway.
lived_1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 07:17   Link #1102
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by lived_1714 View Post
@jasper222

Ishibumi did say Kiryuu is just a meganero (glasses erotic girl). But who knows? The author is the same guy who wrote in his Vol 1 afterwords about Issei fighting some monster with beam, then Issei himself shot that monster, now look at Vol 12. Also, Chichigami also was said to be only appeared one time, now look at what the hell Rizevim's gonna do.

He likes to troll us, it's not a bad thing anyway.
......You know, the thing in Volume 1's Afterword doesn't even link to Volume 12.

Quote:
The last boss of this book is the “Dragon-King of Darkness Black Satan” who holds a grudge against the main character. It’s going to end with a fierce fight where the main character uses his ultimate technique, “Chaos of Shot”, and the last boss uses “Dark Breath Type 0” where the last boss gets defeated. At the end, the main character and the heroine fly up the sky heading for their love.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 09:02   Link #1103
lived_1714

@G147

Ultimate "Chaos of Shot", the "Ultimate" sounds similar to Ultimate move known as Longinus Smasher, which is a "Shot", and has "Chaos" (originally comes from Juggernaut Drive), too. "Dark Breath Type 0", Jabberwocky did "breathe" a fire ball, and got defeated.

The flying up part wasn't include, but you can count Issei flying with Ophis on his back is one. Wait, fly up the sky heading for their love... Does that mean Issei (the main character) and Ophis (the heroine) fly to their love (in Issei's case, and friends in Ophis' case)?
Old 2014-01-25, 11:06   Link #1104
DragoMuseveni
Shadow Realm Ruler

Send a message via Yahoo to DragoMuseveni Send a message via Skype™ to DragoMuseveni
Quote:
The last boss of this book is the “Dragon-King of Darkness Black Satan” who holds a grudge
against the main character. It’s going to end with a fierce fight where the main character uses his
ultimate technique, “Chaos of Shot”, and the last boss uses “Dark Breath Type 0” where the last
boss gets defeated. At the end, the main character and the heroine fly up the sky heading for their
love.
This is how this book will be.
Hahaha, I spoiled it for those who read the afterword first!
It’s a lie. I’m sorry. No one like that will appear in this book.
I got carried away because there are those who read the afterword first. And I’m not regretting it.
so no i dont think its a conexion between vol1 and vol12. Ise harem will be formed with only powefull bishoujo , and i dont think that valerie will be part pf this group . An d i hope that Ajuka Beelzebub will alter ise future evil pieces for ise to have ophis as her servant
Old 2014-01-25, 11:26   Link #1105
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoMuseveni View Post
so no i dont think its a conexion between vol1 and vol12. Ise harem will be formed with only powefull bishoujo , and i dont think that valerie will be part pf this group . An d i hope that Ajuka Beelzebub will alter ise future evil pieces for ise to have ophis as her servant
I don't think that's it's possible to make a god class being into you're servant with just a alter of evil pieces.

Not to mention, Ophis past and recognition as the founder of Khaos Brigade, isn't as simple to resolve as Vali's past ... and I doubt that even, all the leaders of the three powers alliance will be capable of convincing the public that Ophis has changed.

The fact that Lilith is involved with Rizevim's actions doesn't help, since the public thinks that she is the real Ophis.

Furthermore, I don't think that Ise will be capable of getting away from Ophis since after all her bond with Ise is something that no god can purify - and it's not like there is something that prevents Ophis from assisting Ise outside of the Rating game tournament, in which Ophis would have her power sealed anyway since she is too strong, for the Retire system to work.

Basically, I see no point in turning Ophis into Ise's servant since, she is already more then powerful enough to provide some assistance to him, in her current state.

Last edited by Chris38; 2014-01-25 at 11:39.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 11:33   Link #1106
Gary29

Quote:
Originally Posted by lived_1714 View Post
@G147

Ultimate "Chaos of Shot", the "Ultimate" sounds similar to Ultimate move known as Longinus Smasher, which is a "Shot", and has "Chaos" (originally comes from Juggernaut Drive), too. "Dark Breath Type 0", Jabberwocky did "breathe" a fire ball, and got defeated.

The flying up part wasn't include, but you can count Issei flying with Ophis on his back is one. Wait, fly up the sky heading for their love... Does that mean Issei (the main character) and Ophis (the heroine) fly to their love (in Issei's case, and friends in Ophis' case)?
You're looking WAY too deeply into that. It has nothing to do with the actual DxD story whatsoever, it was a joke to mess with people who read the Afterword before the actual story.

Quote:
The last boss of this book is the “Dragon-King of Darkness Black Satan” who holds a grudge against the main character. It’s going to end with a fierce fight where the main character uses his ultimate technique, “Chaos of Shot”, and the last boss uses “Dark Breath Type 0” where the last boss gets defeated. At the end, the main character and the heroine fly up the sky heading for their love.

This is how this book will be.

Hahaha, I spoiled it for those who read the afterword first!

It’s a lie. I’m sorry. No one like that will appear in this book.

I got carried away because there are those who read the afterword first. And I’m not regretting it.
Anyway, Volume 16 is almost finished! All that's left is Life.DxD and the Afterword.

Gasper's become more manly, and the Vampires took a heavy blow to both their pride and their homeland. They'll probably join the Alliance, learn to work together and maybe have some assistance from the other factions in rebuilding.

I like how Ise acknowledged he relies completely upon his Boosted Gear and that that frustrates him. I also liked that he wanted to unlock the powers of Great Red and Ophis that are inside his body; I'm looking forward to his training with Sun Wukong even more now.

FanFiction

Highschool DxD is my all-time favorite series!
Gary29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 11:44   Link #1107
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
It's a common fan theory, but I think it was crushed by the author in a Q&A somewhere.
I don't think too much about stuff not directly in the books even if said by the author. I've seen many authors claim something to not be true and then turn around and do that exact thing later.
Old 2014-01-25, 12:01   Link #1108
Tbolt

@Chris38
I agree, also Ophis is unique in that she had no life experience like we did growing up. She was born the strongest ,uber, infinite etc. while as we grew we learned about friendship love hate and all the other emotions. So as we have seen Ophis's "emotional" growth started when Ophis came to Ise's house, so I think she will always be with the members of the team as she continues to learn all these new feelings. Now how she uses these new feelings will be fun to watch, like if she is at some new battle and one of the team is in bad trouble or the girls find her in a skinship moment with Ise.
Old 2014-01-25, 12:11   Link #1109
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
You're looking WAY too deeply into that. It has nothing to do with the actual DxD story whatsoever, it was a joke to mess with people who read the Afterword before the actual story.
And how many joke like things that seemed to be there just to mess with the readers turned out to be relevent later on, like Bilingual, the Rias dolls, and Chichigami. It probably isn't connected to volume 12, but possibly to the ending of the series.

In the most recent volume, they showed that removing the weakness of someone using the Holy Grail could turn them into a dragon. If it wasn't for his Sacred Gear immunity, I would say Rizevim doing a One-Winged Angel and using it to intentionally to make himself a dragon and calling himself "Dragon King of Darkness Black Satan" wouldn't seem unlike him.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 00:06   Link #1110
bludvein

Vol 16 is done. The chapter was pretty much as expected. Looking forward to Sun Wukong's training though,
Old 2014-01-28, 01:04   Link #1111
Chris38

Well, the latest translated chapter is more informative based, but that's fine.

I'm glad that DxD has been formed as a general terrorist countermeasure group, rather then just a team to deal with Rizevim, since it suggests that there are might be some future incidents that this team is going to be involved in, and it won't be just the current incident that we will see this team in action.

Although there is a question, of how strong the future enemies would need to be, for even god level Ise to need some support in dealing with them...

I have to say that Vali's adoption as Odin's son, has been done pretty well, although it makes me wonder, how his actions are going to change now that he is officially recognized as Odin's son, rather then a terrorist.

I also can't wait to see, what kind of training from hell, Sun Wukong is going to bring up...
Old 2014-01-28, 01:08   Link #1112
II Maestro

[DxD] nice job Koneko-chan~!

Look at Rias breast don't you think its justice? Oppai is justice~!

Albion & Ddraig sure have become friendly and they aren't even scared of oppai & butt anymore "The two heavenly dragons destined fight has come to an end in this era".
Old 2014-01-28, 02:52   Link #1113
Chris38

After reading the afterword of volume 16, it seems like volume 17 is going to involve magicians again, rather then mythologies.

Since, the author mentioned that there will be something about the building of Sona's school in it, as well ... I think that it will contain less action compared to volume 16, which is good ... since I believe that we need a small breather, after all the information that has been dumped on us in volume 16.

I also wonder what power up Irina is going to have, since Ishubumi mentioned that it is planned for her to get a power up, in the afterword.
Old 2014-01-28, 04:30   Link #1114
jopjopjop

There's a high possibility that the possessor of Incinerate Anthem, (Lady Shien ?) will make its appearance since we're talking about magicians.

~Before Irina, there's Ross' hidden ability first. There hasn't been a decent speculation towards that.
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 05:17   Link #1115
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
~Before Irina, there's Ross' hidden ability first. There hasn't been a decent speculation towards that.
I think that, Rossweisse's power up / hidden ability, is most likely going to be related to her Valkyrie origins.

Unfortunately since there hadn't been a lot of information about what kind of powers the Valkyrie have in the DxD universe - it's pretty hard to make speculations about something that we have no information about.

Although, I'm speculating that Rossweisse's hidden ability might have been the reason why she was chosen as Odin's bodyguard, before she has been abandoned by him.
Old 2014-01-28, 05:18   Link #1116
lived_1714

Swan Dance maybe?
Old 2014-01-28, 05:44   Link #1117
jopjopjop

@Chris : Well, we can make speculations by basing it on the original myths.. but the problem is even in the original myth, there is no possible power that can be linked to DxD.

~My first guess was she's a troll.. since trolls are somewhat considered as magicians in Norse mythology and Ross' granny is said to be a famous magician.
I know that's a farfetched idea since trolls are generally viewed as ugly creatures.. but still
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 06:28   Link #1118
G147

Rossweisse hidden ability, the 100-yen Valkyrie that powers-up using 100-yen goods. lol
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 09:14   Link #1119
n0m@n
too tired

The preview came out for volume 17 an hour ago and its already translated and uploaded on my blog.
Now we wait for the v17 cover......Please let it be Rossweisse again.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 09:28   Link #1120
Chris38

Well, thanks for the preview n0m@n.

And after reading it ... I have to say that my rage towards Qlippoth is definitely rising up

Although, I can't help but wonder what is so special in Rossweisse, for even the Qlippoth to want to make her join their ranks.

Tags
light novel, translation