AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-02-09, 13:56   Link #1281
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I reread everything about actions where Saji battled against Ise or with him and found this in Volume 6 Life 1.



Saji got a little more because he took in Ise's blood.



So we may see this come into play as Saji tries to find his path but he may realize he is forever connected to Ise.
Ise blood did act as the catalysis but let's be honest Azazel had as much to do with Saji real power increase as anyone with only what he took from Ise Saji would have had an absorption line scared gear on steroids. I don't think we are going to see much acknowledgement that doesn't seem to be the way the series goes.

Quote:
So connecting to Ise you could get influenced by the Sekiryuutei, if that is the case all of the Sitri-group carry the influence of the Sekiryuutei.



So it seems that the Sitri-group is forever linked to Ise/Sekiryuutei.

That may be what Ise's karma is, having influence on whoever he comes in contact with be it friend or foe.
I really doubt we're going to see the rest of the Sitri-group get much of an influence since most of them will probably keep there distance after getting too friendly to guy who has a harem like Ise has could be hazardous to there health and he is pervy.
Although they'll most likely always be connected to a certain degree Risa and Sona are best friends so they'll probably continue to be in the same circles.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 17:45   Link #1282
Tbolt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: In fricking hell.
@GundamFan, I'm not saying that the Sitri group is all going to jump into Ise's harem (although Saji is a charter member of the male harem) its already been shown that people are drawn to Ise. Its more like they just want to be close, they may not know why but they feel the connection.

I think we will see the Gremory group work more with the Sitri group since they have worked as a joint team before with Sairaorg Bael thrown in for good measure(also a male harem member).
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic223511_1.gif
Tbolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 17:54   Link #1283
Ickarium
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Yeah, it's pretty apparent that the Sitri group is *Saji's* harem for the most part with a few exceptions. Sadly, the one girl in the group he really WANTS isn't on the list.
__________________
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 18:28   Link #1284
Gary29
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: USA
Age: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Ise blood did act as the catalysis but let's be honest Azazel had as much to do with Saji real power increase as anyone with only what he took from Ise Saji would have had an absorption line scared gear on steroids. I don't think we are going to see much acknowledgement that doesn't seem to be the way the series goes.



I really doubt we're going to see the rest of the Sitri-group get much of an influence since most of them will probably keep there distance after getting too friendly to guy who has a harem like Ise has could be hazardous to there health and he is pervy.
Although they'll most likely always be connected to a certain degree Risa and Sona are best friends so they'll probably continue to be in the same circles.
Azazel was given credit for teaching Saji how to use Absorption Line while Grigori as a whole is credited for adding the other SGs to his body.

About Sitri... why do you say they're going to keep their distance from Ise? He's nowhere near as much of a pervert as he was at the beginning of the series, plus he's actually become quite good friends with all the members of the Student Council (volume 14, for example). And like Tbolt said, they do work together frequently.

Anyway, speaking of the Sitri group: Based on the info we do know about their abilities, what power-ups do you think they'll gain from Sun Wukong's training?
__________________


FanFiction

Highschool DxD is my all-time favorite series!
Gary29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 07:44   Link #1285
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
I think that the most likely power up that the Sitri group is going to have ... is a rise in the efficiency of their SG and Artificial SG abilities and probably an increased capability of using their respective [Evil Piece] abilities.

At least that's what I think, based upon what we know about the Sitri's group abilities.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 09:58   Link #1286
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Yeah, it's pretty apparent that the Sitri group is *Saji's* harem for the most part with a few exceptions. Sadly, the one girl in the group he really WANTS isn't on the list.
Only Nimura and Hanakai among them are interested in Saji. The Sitri group in general are quite diverse in who they like. Yura and Bennia showed interest in Ise and even Sona seems to have a slight interest from the looks of it even if it hasn't turned into a romantic kind of like yet. Shinra and Kusaka are into Kiba. Meguri likes Gasper since she is into younger boys. Hanakai and Nimura are the only ones that can be classified as Saji's harem.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 10:29   Link #1287
II Maestro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Data World
^At least he has 2 women in his harem Saji should be satisfied with 2 girls.

That's what Saji get for being the possessor of the SG of Prison Dragon Vritra a.k.a Gloomy Dragon.
__________________
II Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 19:02   Link #1288
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Only Nimura and Hanakai among them are interested in Saji. The Sitri group in general are quite diverse in who they like. Yura and Bennia showed interest in Ise and even Sona seems to have a slight interest from the looks of it even if it hasn't turned into a romantic kind of like yet. Shinra and Kusaka are into Kiba. Meguri likes Gasper since she is into younger boys. Hanakai and Nimura are the only ones that can be classified as Saji's harem.
Oh, this sounds fun~.
So for the Sitri/Student-Council girls....

Sona - Not interested in anyone. But is getting closer to Ise as a friend.
Tsubaki - A major crush on Kiba.
Yura - Prefers Ise among the male Devils in school. More of a fan of his.
Kusaka - Kiba fangirl but not to the point where she wants to date him.
Meguri - A shoutacon and prefers Gasper.
Bennia - A Oppai-Dragon fan.
Hanakai - Previously had a crush on Kiba. Now Saji.
Nimura - A crush on Saji.


Affection Points: Major crush=4 points, Crush=3 points, Fan=2 points, Friend=1 point.
Saji has two girls who has crush on him. (6 points)
Kiba has one girl who has a major crush on him. One girl who is a fan of his (previously two girls). Hence 6 points (previously 8 points).
Ise has two girls who is a fan of his. One girl who is feeling close to him as a friend. Hence 5 points.
Gasper has one girl who prefers him. Hence 2 points.
Hence ranking would go Kiba=Saji>Ise>Gasper.

Congrats, Saji. You finally beats Ise at something!
__________________
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 19:03   Link #1289
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
@GundamFan, I'm not saying that the Sitri group is all going to jump into Ise's harem (although Saji is a charter member of the male harem) its already been shown that people are drawn to Ise. Its more like they just want to be close, they may not know why but they feel the connection.

I think we will see the Gremory group work more with the Sitri group since they have worked as a joint team before with Sairaorg Bael thrown in for good measure(also a male harem member).
I don't know about the whole male harem thing but I agree with you the groups are closely connected and will continue to be although I still think Rias is probably more of the linchpin then Ise since the other 2 groups are headed up her close friend and a cousin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
Azazel was given credit for teaching Saji how to use Absorption Line while Grigori as a whole is credited for adding the other SGs to his body.
Yeah and my point was really Ise doesn't deserve any credit through the whole process since all he really provide was the catalyst to start the process and not even willing at that.

Quote:
About Sitri... why do you say they're going to keep their distance from Ise? He's nowhere near as much of a pervert as he was at the beginning of the series, plus he's actually become quite good friends with all the members of the Student Council (volume 14, for example). And like Tbolt said, they do work together frequently.
I was speaking in a romantic sense although even in a plutonic relationship they might want to keep a little distance to avoiding any misunderstandings. As far as why survival Ise has already got harem of rather powerful women and with the exception of Irina and Ravel there all Gremory girls and I don't see them simply accepting girls from another peerage moving in on Ise.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 19:26   Link #1290
Ickarium
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
I kind of want Sona to fall for Issei, just a little. Not in a burning passion sort of way. But the conversation between Rias and Sona would be amusing. And Saji would absolutely KILL him if he found out.

Honestly though, I think Sona's being pushed towards Sairaorg.
__________________
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 21:05   Link #1291
Tbolt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: In fricking hell.
Thank you n0m@n I enjoyed your post, I needed that after work.

The problem with Saji unlike Ise is that he has no dreams or goals for himself or his future, and NO the school is not his dream its Sona's.

Saji is just doing it because he's in love with her, if her dream was to open a burger joint Saji would be right there flipping burgers.

And as it stands right now Saji cannot even teach at the school, he doesn't even know what he would teach and even his mother was surprised at what he wanted to do.

Bottom line is that Saji has to find his own path while supporting Sona like Ise has with Rias and his dreams.

Now all we need in Volume 17 is a good school comedy scene with Matsuda, Motohama and Kiriyuu. Maybe some senior sports guy trying to tell Ise to get away from the girls and breaks his hand hitting Ise in the stomach.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic223511_1.gif
Tbolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 03:05   Link #1292
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
^ I agree, having some good school comedy, before all the action would begin, would be pretty nice.

The scenario that you put ... would be especially quite hilarious ... since, just trying to think of what Ise could say to explain his bodies supernatural durability without revealing the fact that he is a humanoid dragon that has been resurrected into a devil, makes me laugh

Speaking about durability ... I'm kind of wondering just what would you need to pull off to completely defeat the current Gremory team.

Since, apart from an ability that nullifies Sacred Gear's ... which, eliminates the stronger members of the team or the fact that some of their members has a short duration time of their strongest modes and in the case of Rias her Extinguished Star takes some considerable time to activate the team has almost no other weak points and the ones I mentioned can be taken care of, with training or be covered up by the other members of the team.

On some other potential weak points, the team's racial devil weaknesses can be blocked by Kiba's Holy Eraser sword or Ise's new dragon swarm ability.

Ise's dragon slayer weaknesses can be blocked by the other members of the team....

Basically, the only way to defeat the team, that I see is to ... wear their stamina down by putting them against some huge army of quite powerful 'grunts' or by separating each of the team members and try to defeat them with superior numbers, while they are separated from each other ...

But, it's probably easier to say that, compared to actually executing a tactic like that...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 10:51   Link #1293
GrrDraxin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Empire of Lolitannia (as Ambassador)
Age: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
It all comes down to if the enemy has the resources and the tactical mind to pull off such an assault. Lately it seems that most enemies would rather have the players gathered before attacking them, and it's that very tactic that gets them defeated.

Most of the characters can hold their own for a period of time, against some opponents, but like you pointed out, if one fights each one of the group one-on-one, or as a mob, then some of the group will fall rather quickly. But in all fairness, the main problem with with the Gremory group is simply 'holding back'. We only had a taste of how far beyond most devils the group is, as the promotion chapters demonstrated when Ise pulverized a no-name devil to gauge their power.

At this point, and perhaps once the Rookie 4 complete their training with Son Goku(yes I'm using his japanese reading, it's easier to remember), they all will have enough power to enter and perhaps sweep the field of the Rating Game. But right now, I would say they're becoming less suited for the games and more to being veteran warriors meant solely for the battlefield, and the Rating Game reduced to mere sparring matches for entertainment.
__________________
GrrDraxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 16:43   Link #1294
it_happens
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
I can see the author foreshadowed the possible volume for inira (which ever number maybe 18 or 19) in the short story in volume 13 extra life

Quote:
I was told that rather than acting individually, a reincarnated Angel can use their actual traits more efficiently by working as a group. The [Brave Saints] system which Heaven created by using the idea of [Evil Pieces], is the twelve cards which each of the Seraph and High-level Angels have to use, to make people reincarnate into an Angel (It seems like each High-level Angel chooses the "suit" of their liking. Though the ones with a fixed "suit" are Michael-san with Spades, Gabriel-san with Hearts, Raphael-san with Clubs and Uriel-san with Diamonds). They say that mostly humans have reincarnated. Unlike Devils who choose by strength regardless of species, Heaven chooses and reincarnates those who are strong followers and who are very talented as their main targets.
- I can see even if the angels have a alliance with devels they may feel upset with inira always living with devels and like a devel (ise)

Quote:
The [Brave Saints] system, just like the traits of each of the chess pieces of the [Evil Pieces], has a special ability of their own. Those were based on card games, for example “Black Jack”.
Each suit gather reincarnated Angels and then make it 21. For example, each suit prepares reincarnated Angels with the number 4, 6, and 10 and if they make them team up with the Ace(1) Irina and cooperate with her, they say that they would be able to unleash overwhelming power.
- This could be a chance too get them to enter heaven maybe to see inira in a match.

Quote:
Also, they added in the Poker’s system as well. The five High-level Angels or Seraphs who are the Kings, gathers representing their cards from Ace to Queen and by forming a ‘hand’ it will give birth to a certain power. The good point is that this will not only work amongst the ones in the same group but also with other groups, which will make it possible for teamwork with other groups(Of course the effect will be stronger if it is within the same group).
I heard that when they get a “Royal Straight Flush”, the power is unbelievable. The interesting part is that it’s similar to the Devil’s reincarnating system, but also different
Quote:
Sensei also said if there was a Rating Game among the Devils and Angels with different systems, it will be heated up to the extreme. I can’t even imagine what kind of match it would turn out to be.
- or maybe devel vs angel match ?
it_happens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 21:27   Link #1295
Tbolt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: In fricking hell.
In about 17 to 18 years Ise is going to have 9 to 12 kids in every grade from kinder garden to seniors in high school, I want to sit in on the parent teacher meetings.

Three daughters are being harassed by some delinquents when one girl starts praying and is asked by delinquent 1 why are you praying are you scared, another girl says no she is praying you don't get killed.

Delinquent 2 who do you think is going to do that, last girl says our 10 brothers that are standing behind you.

Every girl is going to be bishoujos except Xenovia's girls, there going to be big time Tomboys with band-aids all over them.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic223511_1.gif
Tbolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 21:33   Link #1296
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Thank you n0m@n I enjoyed your post, I needed that after work.

The problem with Saji unlike Ise is that he has no dreams or goals for himself or his future, and NO the school is not his dream its Sona's.

Saji is just doing it because he's in love with her, if her dream was to open a burger joint Saji would be right there flipping burgers.

And as it stands right now Saji cannot even teach at the school, he doesn't even know what he would teach and even his mother was surprised at what he wanted to do.

Bottom line is that Saji has to find his own path while supporting Sona like Ise has with Rias and his dreams.
I agree with you but I think the first step Saji needs to take is to stop comparing himself to Ise. Frankly Ise is abnormal in a short period of time he went from being a nobody to having power, money and women so of course Saji going to seem inadequate in comparison most would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
In about 17 to 18 years Ise is going to have 9 to 12 kids in every grade from kinder garden to seniors in high school, I want to sit in on the parent teacher meetings.

Three daughters are being harassed by some delinquents when one girl starts praying and is asked by delinquent 1 why are you praying are you scared, another girl says no she is praying you don't get killed.

Delinquent 2 who do you think is going to do that, last girl says our 10 brothers that are standing behind you.

Every girl is going to be bishoujos except Xenovia's girls, there going to be big time Tomboys with band-aids all over them.
That would be great although I could see him having more then 12 kids by then since his peerage could have up to 15 women in it.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 22:33   Link #1297
Tbolt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: In fricking hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
That would be great although I could see him having more then 12 kids by then since his peerage could have up to 15 women in it.
No its 9 to 12 kids in EACH grade up to 120 + kids, and that's with just with Rias and the girls. Not even getting into his peerage yet.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic223511_1.gif

Last edited by Tbolt; 2014-02-11 at 22:45.
Tbolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 23:15   Link #1298
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
No its 9 to 12 kids in EACH grade up to 120 + kids, and that's with just with Rias and the girls. Not even getting into his peerage yet.
Does it include reverse kiba and reverse gasper

I wonder how strong does future descendant of rookie 4 with peerage and Vali's group + dxd team :3
__________________
I love both Kiniro no Corda, K-ON!! and GE/GC and High School DxD ^_^


kusabireika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 23:39   Link #1299
Chris38
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Age: 28
^ Well, when it comes to Ise's future descendants then I'm quite sure that they are going to be pretty unique... due to the current genetic makeup of Ise's body.

Their strength is hard to predict though ... since none of the characters that you mentioned, have reached the limits of their 'growth'.

Although, I'm quite sure that they are going to surpass their parents in certain area's ... which, might mean that Ise's kids are going to be even more perverted then their father
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 23:50   Link #1300
Tbolt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: In fricking hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Does it include reverse kiba and reverse gasper
No,Nein,Ne,het!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I wonder how strong does future descendant of rookie 4 with peerage and Vali's group + dxd team :3
Well with at least the Gremory Group your looking at probably 1 God class for a father and ultimate class for the moms then throw in Heavenly Dragon into the gene pool and you have Monsters!
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic223511_1.gif
Tbolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light novel, translation

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.