AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 1 3.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 29.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 40.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 18.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-10-21, 23:05   Link #41
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephis View Post
Screw Psycho Gundam. Use Destroy Gundam 8D
No gunpla for it yet lol, and so far there have been no indication that you are allowed to use MA kits

Quote:
That's actually a good question. I wonder why no one uses those energy-type shields right now. Maybe even if they had the ability in the original anime, the Gunpla themselves can't use it? Or maybe the weapons/shield do have a durability.
The game probably balanced out any differences, also most kits actually dont have beam shields in the 1/144 scale as of now, only the old old old 1/144 NG V-Gundam kits had them (and soon to be the new HGUC V-kits and the F91). So if they were to be implemented, they would need to be modded onto existing kits, or used by upgraded versions of the old kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Also Impulse Gundam became a chick Gundam later on in GSD....

There has to be a way for Gunpla battles to not destroy the model, right?

Then that's 200 models destroyed by Fellini and Reiji???

I mean Ral's Gouf was sliced in two, but it looks like it is still in one piece after the battle.
Or perhaps they just fought till one surrendered
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 23:19   Link #42
Mephis
Banned

I don't get how the destruction system works for Gunplas =w=;;

Like despite them really being "destroyed" by being cut in half or getting shot, in reality they are still in good piece... they say it's not CG, yet it looks like it is actually CG =.=;
Mephis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 23:24   Link #43
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Like despite them really being "destroyed" by being cut in half, in reality they are still in good piece... they say it's not CG, yet it looks like it is actually CG =.=;
Hm? They actually are destroyed and damaged. See how the Wing Gundam in episode 1 had its chest orb shattered, or here where the BD1's head is torn out from its body. (Hence Yuuki trying not to damage the Gunner Zaku Warrior because he respects the kit).

China even asks the question of why the Gunpla fighters fight even when the model kits they worked hard on get damaged during battle.

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 23:30   Link #44
monster

Quote:

Like despite them really being "destroyed" by being cut in half or getting shot, in reality they are still in good piece... they say it's not CG, yet it looks like it is actually CG =.=;
It's not CG in that the models themselves are actually moving, I think, but some of the effects are simulated.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 23:33   Link #45
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
No gunpla for it yet lol, and so far there have been no indication that you are allowed to use MA kits
I remember seeing that MA from 08th Team in one of the PV, isn't it?

Quote:

I think there are simulation mode and actual battle mode, as from the first 2 eps, they shown the model kit got damaged, but it doesn't happen with Ral's lolGouf, and seeing how Reiji fight against the Wing Fenice for 200 times, unless that bar has 200 MSs for Reiji to wreck .

The effect is simulated by that magic particle, as noted by Ral in episode 2.
Old 2013-10-21, 23:37   Link #46
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
and seeing how Reiji fight against the Wing Fenice for 200 times, unless that bar has 200 MSs for Reiji to wreck .
I don't know much about gunpla, but surely a Ball would be among the cheapest kits, especially since they're renting them.
Old 2013-10-21, 23:56   Link #47
Mephis
Banned

Since the Ball may have become inoperable afterwards, it is possible Reiji went renting the next weakest MS, like a Zaku or a GM.
Old 2013-10-22, 00:01   Link #48
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I don't know much about gunpla, but surely a Ball would be among the cheapest kits, especially since they're renting them.
A Ball or weakest MS(not even close to Sei Iori-build-quality) wouldn't even be a challenge to Wing Fenice, for Fellini to even hurt his fingers.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 00:08   Link #49
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
A Ball or weakest MS(not even close to Sei Iori-build-quality) wouldn't even be a challenge to Wing Fenice, for Fellini to even hurt his fingers.
Even the simplest of actions can hurt your body when done too many times repetitively.

This is also a game, so the difference in strength might not be as great as the anime would suggest.

Plus, Reiji is apparently such a great fighter that Fellini acknowledged him as an equal.
Old 2013-10-22, 00:08   Link #50
Mephis
Banned

Seriously this anime is really unique as low level Mobile suits can defeat higher spec mobile suits with ease just because of how well made it is and of the operator's skills lol
Old 2013-10-22, 00:56   Link #51
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
For comparing, the HG Wing Fenice cost around 1400 yen, while a twin Ball set costs around 1300 yen, so I would say it's cheaper, but not that cheap.
Old 2013-10-22, 00:57   Link #52
justpassingby

I don't know if this was a animation mistake, but during the OP sequence last week, there was no blue paint on Iori's left cheek, as compared to this week.

It would be interesting to see if the colors keep on piling, week by week .
Old 2013-10-22, 01:22   Link #53
monster

Quote:
For comparing, the HG Wing Fenice cost around 1400 yen, while a twin Ball set costs around 1300 yen, so I would say it's cheaper, but not that cheap.
Oh, wow. That really is not that much cheaper.
Old 2013-10-22, 01:24   Link #54
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
I don't know if this was a animation mistake, but during the OP sequence last week, there was no blue paint on Iori's left cheek, as compared to this week.

It would be interesting to see if the colors keep on piling, week by week .
Yeah I noticed that too. There was no paint on last week's OP.
Old 2013-10-22, 07:24   Link #55
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Regarding the 200 battles, you can fight 200 battles without destroying each other's models, like what Yuuki did. What I'm wondering is, how do you injure your fingers, unless the control joystick actually materialize. It's not in the Zeon bar but I vote that overall, the weakest Gunpla is a Dendrobium without the GP03S or a Hildolfr.

I continue to like the series and while I prefer longer 1-v-1 tactical battles, I guess this episode was more about displaying the Gunpla they'll be going with and Reiji's resolve. I'll admit that it was slightly boring once you see the Build Strike owning all the other kits with ease. Guess the regional tournament arc will be for awhile before the World series. *Prays for someone good, to use an Ex-S Gundam*

I'm wondering if Iori is designing the MK-II in case there's a 2-v-2 duel or for him to train up as well. It'll be more awesome if he made the MK-II as the testbed to test new weapons before equipping it on the Strike. Makes it all the more TITAN TEST TEAM type.

If we've seen the Zeon hideout, I'd like to see a dark sleazy arcade filled with TITANS fanatics, beating up kids [Especially boys named Kamille] for lunch money. It'll boost the AoZ kits for sure! Hrairoo in action or at least Hazel! Or more cameo characters, I freaking love the scenes involving Ral.

Overall, it continues to be a fun and very likeable series. Not once did I say, "Oh ffs, please stop whining and fight" like most of the Gundam series I watched. Instead I'm giggling like a schoolgirl when I see the side mechs, like the Blue Destiny [It lost while in EXAM mode?], the Psycommu System Zaku and Ball.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 07:55   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah Sei, I mean who could possibly believe a crazy story from a guy you saw disappear in a flash of light . Clearly only a rational story would make sense and would explain all that...Might as well believe the Prince story until something else comes up to explain it. Once people I know start teleporting away in flashes of light...I'll go with whatever story they feel like giving.

A solid enough episode. Reiji getting some experience in and meeting an interesting character along the way. Now with a more complete Gunpla they should be able to really push themselves in this tournament.
Old 2013-10-22, 08:31   Link #57
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
the weakest Gunpla is a Dendrobium without the GP03S or a Hildolfr.
Erm...without the GP03 package, the weapon layout of a Dendrobium is the same as RX-78-2, so I don't know why do you think it's the weakest. The Hildolfr looks like it could even beat those Zaku with easy.

And you can't fight 200 battles against the Wing without breaking your MS every time. Even that Wing Fenice guys said his skill is on par with him, so there is no way they could fight without destroying each other's kit.

And if you watch the 2nd ep, it clearly shows that there are physic in those controller, like how Reiji has a hard time pushing the accelerate on the Build Strike when he's against the wind while fighting Gold Sumo.
Old 2013-10-22, 10:00   Link #58
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
Erm...without the GP03 package, the weapon layout of a Dendrobium is the same as RX-78-2, so I don't know why do you think it's the weakest. The Hildolfr looks like it could even beat those Zaku with easy.

And you can't fight 200 battles against the Wing without breaking your MS every time. Even that Wing Fenice guys said his skill is on par with him, so there is no way they could fight without destroying each other's kit.

And if you watch the 2nd ep, it clearly shows that there are physic in those controller, like how Reiji has a hard time pushing the accelerate on the Build Strike when he's against the wind while fighting Gold Sumo.
Erm obviously I was referring to an unmanned shoebox aka weapons container? And Hildolfr would be alright I guess as long as it's not that space map. But you made me remember that Bandai created those EX models kits of Gunperry etc! Now THAT would be weak gunpla.

Also, from what we see in episode 3, there appears to be a surrender or submission victory based on Gunner and Amazing Zaku battle.

Interesting note about the physical manifestation of the controller. That explains why the effects were able to damage the Gunpla.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 15:57   Link #59
Mephis
Banned

If Reiji and Ricardo did 200 rounds, I wonder if that means they totally did not sleep as they went fighting over night?
Old 2013-10-22, 17:12   Link #60
Frontier

Another very enjoyable episode of Build Fighters!

So Sei is the "Builder" and Reiji is the "Fighter?" I see what you did there show .

I was actually expecting Ral to put up a good fight with the Gouf, but Reiji and the Build Strike took him out with barely any effort. Then again, it is a Best Mecha Collection Gouf. Don't worry Ral, you're still hilarious as always .

I'm not sure whether I should take Reiji's story seriously or not. He certainly took it seriously, but the crayon illustrations... Sei's reaction sold it though

I was expecting to see more from the Wing Fenice, but the creators are probably saving it up for its proper fight against the Build Strike.

All the references, the old Gundam fans who play with Gunpla in a bar dressed in Zeon uniforms and call Ral lieutenant, the Mobile Suit cameos, Ral being Ral... this show is so entertainingly awesome .

I like how even with Reiji's skills he still couldn't beat five opponents in a Ball. It helped show that he's not invincible and still has a long ways to go as a Fighter, and likely did a good deal to humble him as a character.

After this episode, I have to say my respect for Yuuki has really gone up, especially considering he's the only Fighter so far who doesn't damage the Gunpla to win .

I thought China's first meeting with Sei, and her ensuing interest in both him and Gunpla, was cute and I'm interested to see where that relationship goes. We already know she's getting the Beargguy, and while I agree with Mephis that it's doubtful Sei would show her every high-grade Mobile Suit that's ever been piloted by a female, I'd be disappointed if he didn't at least show her Nobel Gundam.

So the tournament is finally underway and the Build Strike Full Package has made an impressive debut. I wonder how many episodes it'll be before we get into the other Fighters in the opening? I somehow get the feeling Sazaki's going to lose off-screen rather than fight the Build Strike again . Next up is our first real female Fighter in Kirara the idol, and hopefully we're in for another great fight!

Last edited by Frontier; 2013-10-22 at 17:25.
Frontier is online now   Reply With Quote