AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 1 3.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 29.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 40.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 18.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-10-22, 18:57   Link #61
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Another very enjoyable episode of Build Fighters!

So Sei is the "Builder" and Reiji is the "Fighter?" I see what you did there show .

I was actually expecting Ral to put up a good fight with the Gouf, but Reiji and the Build Strike took him out with barely any effort. Then again, it is a Best Mecha Collection Gouf. Don't worry Ral, you're still hilarious as always .

I'm not sure whether I should take Reiji's story seriously or not. He certainly took it seriously, but the crayon illustrations... Sei's reaction sold it though

I was expecting to see more from the Wing Fenice, but the creators are probably saving it up for its proper fight against the Build Strike.

All the references, the old Gundam fans who play with Gunpla in a bar dressed in Zeon uniforms and call Ral lieutenant, the Mobile Suit cameos, Ral being Ral... this show is so entertainingly awesome .

I like how even with Reiji's skills he still couldn't beat five opponents in a Ball. It helped show that he's not invincible and still has a long ways to go as a Fighter, and likely did a good deal to humble him as a character.

After this episode, I have to say my respect for Yuuki has really gone up, especially considering he's the only Fighter so far who doesn't damage the Gunpla to win .

I thought China's first meeting with Sei, and her ensuing interest in both him and Gunpla, was cute and I'm interested to see where that relationship goes. We already know she's getting the Beargguy, and while I agree with Mephis that it's doubtful Sei would show her every high-grade Mobile Suit that's ever been piloted by a female, I'd be disappointed if he didn't at least show her Nobel Gundam.

So the tournament is finally underway and the Build Strike Full Package has made an impressive debut. I wonder how many episodes it'll be before we get into the other Fighters in the opening? I somehow get the feeling Sazaki's going to lose off-screen rather than fight the Build Strike again . Next up is our first real female Fighter in Kirara the idol, and hopefully we're in for another great fight!
Looking at Graham Aker, Ricardo, I am going to guess he won't really fight till the world tournament since Sei and Reiji are in a Regional tournament.

Really, Ral just looked as if he lost while just standing there doing nothing =___+;; He should just use a Gouf Ignited or really customize his Gouf to a more advanced one since that Gouf is really weak even if the pilot is strong...

Sazaki is definitely going to lose off screen for sure knowing him =w=

I wonder if Kirara is fighting in the Regional tournament too. If she is against Reiji and Sei then I wonder if that means she is going to get eliminated fast then become a total side character without much plot after =w=;;
Mephis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 19:24   Link #62
Frontier

Speaking of Ricardo, with Yuuichi Nakamura in this series, how long until Hiroshi Kamiya worms his way into another Gundam show ?
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 19:38   Link #63
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
forget about Kamiya, I'll ask if Rie Tanaka volunteered to do Kirara. (keeps crossing fingers)
Old 2013-10-22, 19:42   Link #64
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephis View Post
Since the Ball may have become inoperable afterwards, it is possible Reiji went renting the next weakest MS, like a Zaku or a GM.
I suggest you take back how the next weakest kits are Zaku's and GM's lol
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 19:46   Link #65
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
forget about Kamiya, I'll ask if Rie Tanaka volunteered to do Kirara. (keeps crossing fingers)
Ehhhh..... maybe but I don't think Rie Tanaka really fits with Kirara @__@;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Well... I am just going by their original spec... @w@;; (Although in this anime they can own a way more powerful mobile suit as long as the pilot is skilled)
Old 2013-10-22, 23:27   Link #66
gordol

Qubeley Papilon, equipped with Lancebit
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 23:34   Link #67
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post

See, I knew it was a modified Qubeley!!! (Wonder why some people thought it wasn't...)

I think the unit does have a Gundam head except it's covered.

Last edited by Mephis; 2013-10-23 at 00:09.
Old 2013-10-23, 00:33   Link #68
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Really, Ral just looked as if he lost while just standing there doing nothing =___+;; He should just use a Gouf Ignited or really customize his Gouf to a more advanced one since that Gouf is really weak even if the pilot is strong...

Sazaki is definitely going to lose off screen for sure knowing him =w=
The Gouf isn't weak. It's the one he's using that's weak. That's the Best Mecha Collection Gouf after all, as you can see in its movement, it has no joint as the current kit. They are just mocking that line of model kit. You can say those are one of the lowest grade available.

And GM isn't the next weakest suit. There is a reason they are winning the war with the GMs, since it's technically a Mass Produced Gundam. If you want the weak MS, try Guntank.
Old 2013-10-23, 00:52   Link #69
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
The Gouf isn't weak. It's the one he's using that's weak. That's the Best Mecha Collection Gouf after all, as you can see in its movement, it has no joint as the current kit. They are just mocking that line of model kit. You can say those are one of the lowest grade available.
Didn't know what a Best Mecha Collection kit was =w=; I thought he was using the common HG 1/144 Gouf

Quote:
And GM isn't the next weakest suit. There is a reason they are winning the war with the GMs, since it's technically a Mass Produced Gundam. If you want the weak MS, try Guntank.
I don't mean generally though. In that display case in Episode 3, I don't think I saw any Guntanks. But I did see a GM and a Zaku. I meant the Mobile suits in that display case at the bar
Old 2013-10-23, 07:22   Link #70
LAboy 456
Portuguese Anime Fan

Quote:
I'm not sure whether I should take Reiji's story seriously or not. He certainly took it seriously, but the crayon illustrations... Sei's reaction sold it though !
The way Reiji tells it (sometimes I'd wonder if he's really that na´ve at times. But I think that's one of his charms: still a wonderful character so far, in my opinion, after only 3 episodes), Sei's reaction to that story... it all sums in one word: priceless
Old 2013-10-23, 08:20   Link #71
DuelGundam2099

Quote:
Qubeley Papilon
I KNEW it was a Quebeley! (Duo I owe you a dollar) I wonder if lance bits are meant to act like the fangs from 00.
Quote:
it all sums in one word: priceless
There is a master card joke in this somewhere.

I will return one day, I promise that much.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 08:55   Link #72
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Speaking of Ricardo, with Yuuichi Nakamura in this series, how long until Hiroshi Kamiya worms his way into another Gundam show ?
What about Koyasu? He's almost everywhere in the Gundam franchise.

Still, I wonder if Reiji's backstory is true. I mean, he might be a guy from another dimension.
Old 2013-10-23, 09:43   Link #73
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
What about Koyasu? He's almost everywhere in the Gundam franchise.

Still, I wonder if Reiji's backstory is true. I mean, he might be a guy from another dimension.
I think Koyasu is ideal to voice one of those adult guys at the ED
Old 2013-10-23, 17:11   Link #74
Skye629

Quote:
See, I knew it was a modified Qubeley!!! (Wonder why some people thought it wasn't...)

I think the unit does have a Gundam head except it's covered.
As nice as it looks.....

Those red detailes are probably all gonna be stickers on the actual kit.......sigh

Still getting it though when it comes around lol
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 19:44   Link #75
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post

It looks like a normal Quebeley head, but customized to look more like a Gundam. It's face reminds me of the Legilis actually... which is likely the most influence Age will ever have on this show

On the topic of more Gundam veterans coming back, I'd be severely disappointed if Tohru Furuya and Shuichi Ikeda never voice someone on this show.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 21:36   Link #76
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
There are many variants of them in OYW and some are capable of taking on Gelgoog or Gundam like GM command and Sniper II.And Mass produced versions of GM are better than the ones of Zaku II let alone Zaku
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 20:33   Link #77
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

They need to redeem Wing Gundam from the 1st ep defeat somehow, I wonder if Ricardo could be the guy...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 21:26   Link #78
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
They need to redeem Wing Gundam from the 1st ep defeat somehow, I wonder if Ricardo could be the guy...
Well he does use a variant of Wing Gundam, so I would say yes.
Old 2013-10-24, 21:46   Link #79
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
The Wing already got promoted a lot, though. We've seen 3 versions of the Wing Gundam in 2 episodes.

Now if only there are someone using Deathscythe...
Old 2013-10-25, 10:16   Link #80
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
The Wing already got promoted a lot, though. We've seen 3 versions of the Wing Gundam in 2 episodes.

Now if only there are someone using Deathscythe...
Yeah, we need a variant of Deathscythe ;w;