AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 7 25.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 7.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 29.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 14.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-10-26, 00:55   Link #21
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

That is right, Ichika is born for CQC, but only in wide area with his BFS. In a close area like that, a knife is better.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 01:24   Link #22
zibi88

but what I dont get it... is why couldnt ichika use his setsura arm here...... I mean come on he has a close range claw attack... he could practice here his own energy beam weapon... so he could fight back.... and not just the sword, sword,sword,sword... this is no place for swords in such small crampled area with a roof

when autumn was holding ichikas head... he could soooo f...k easy use setsura claw attack to fight backas she was in point blank range.... even particle gun would do...

and what is amazing is why cecilia or rin did not fight those flying pods but were just running away...rin too has a gun

tatenashi's teasing (how did my boobs feel) and chifuyu's blushing saved the episode
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 03:58   Link #23
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

The preview is such a tease: Mini Chifuyu finally meets Ichika face to face and some....Houki-nyan?
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 06:31   Link #24
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

"Mist can go through cracks in the armor", "Water drill deflecting beam cannon" what kind of bullshit Mary sue hax is this? oh wait. Nanomachines.

I suppose even super advanced power armor SPACE EXPLORATION SUIT is not NBC proof.
Old 2013-10-26, 08:59   Link #25
Xero8420
The Enigmatic One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
"Mist can go through cracks in the armor", "Water drill deflecting beam cannon" what kind of bullshit Mary sue hax is this? oh wait. Nanomachines.

I suppose even super advanced power armor SPACE EXPLORATION SUIT is not NBC proof.
ZeroSEED. You seems to have an issue here?

PS: Spacesuit =/= NBC suit.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 09:20   Link #26
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Space Exploration suit is vacuum rated by default :/

Don't mind me, though. I'm the only one rambling like a madman here, I apologize.
Old 2013-10-26, 09:49   Link #27
n120cky

I don't know why people seem to hate Tatenashi, I found her character was interesting, her approach for Ichika is more daring in the term of 'nee-san' role compared to Chifuyu..., I see her as alternatives big sister for Ichika..., It's not like I hate Chifuyu but it's good that once in a while he got non cold big sister....

And I think this the first time I see Chifuyu blushing for Ichika...
Old 2013-10-26, 09:51   Link #28
Mephis
Banned

Tatenashi and Charlotte = Best Girls

Chifuyu = Best Onee-sama

Rest... can go away =w=
Mephis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 09:53   Link #29
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Her personality is extremely refreshing, compared to hivemind of a yandere blob the main character rosters are. This far, it's true. And yes, I bet my name that I swear I like that part of her.

The thickness of her plot armor and strength of plot bending power however, is my main issue. Let's use makeover analogue, do you like a women with far too thick foundation and powdering? Too colorful of a shading and whatnot? While hogging too much spotlight on the stage?

What waste of great character...

Ah, I'm ranting again, I apologize. Really apologize.
Old 2013-10-26, 09:57   Link #30
Xero8420
The Enigmatic One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Her personality is extremely refreshing, compared to hivemind of a yandere blob the main character rosters are. This far, it's true. And yes, I bet my name that I swear I like that part of her.

The thickness of her plot armor and strength of plot bending power however, is my main issue. Let's use makeover analogue, do you like a women with far too thick foundation and powdering? Too colorful of a shading and whatnot? While hogging too much spotlight on the stage?

What waste of great character...

Ah, I'm ranting again, I apologize. Really apologize.
That's just you lol. If you don't like it from your POV, feel free to keep it to yourself. But it don't stop me from liking Tatenashi.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 09:59   Link #31
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That said, the first 15 minutes of this episode is EPIC

More + points for her because her training regime seems to take effect, more so than the novel. I practically jumped off my chair when Ichika pulled a feint and attack from BELOW.
Old 2013-10-26, 12:48   Link #32
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
And I think this the first time I see Chifuyu blushing for Ichika...

And I thought doujins were the only media where we would see her blushing for Ichika.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 13:54   Link #33
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnnn, maybe we are looking at the anime all wrong. They are CLEARLY trying to make a more concise and (somewhat) believable story than the LN did and also putting extra padding to certain scenes to draw it out. At this point, I don't care if the anime takes it's own route - it's much better this way.

And they actually made Tatenashi likable (I blame VA ). Still, what sort of combat mage is she!? Controlling water molecules with her nanomachines via IS? That's just... At least 'M's hax showed as being so technically proficient that manipulating a 6-BIT system is nothing for her when even Cecilia's technique shows visible holes large enough for a complete rookie (Ichika) to take notice of.

And I can't wait for more scenes with 'M'. I just know I'm going to fanboy Mini-Chifuyu almost as hard as the original Chifuyu. Count it odd that the photo in her locket or whatever is of Chifuyu probably in her piloting/teenager days. Orimura genes are truly demigod-tier hax.

And now that I've seen Squall... she really is beautiful - in a 'super secret agent/spy' way.
Old 2013-10-26, 14:24   Link #34
Kakurin-san
ねぇ、無理は禁物よ?

Right, Tatenashi's water-molecule manipulation was shown to be kind of overpowered and slightly topping it off towards ridiculousness. But oh well, isn't it always like that? When a character gets introduced the first time they are kind of invincible, but as the story progresses that character suddenly starts to suck (if that person is allied to the main character), in order to leave the spotlight to the main character.
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 16:42   Link #35
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hnnn, maybe we are looking at the anime all wrong. They are CLEARLY trying to make a more concise and (somewhat) believable story than the LN did and also putting extra padding to certain scenes to draw it out. At this point, I don't care if the anime takes it's own route - it's much better this way.

And they actually made Tatenashi likable (I blame VA ). Still, what sort of combat mage is she!? Controlling water molecules with her nanomachines via IS? That's just... At least 'M's hax showed as being so technically proficient that manipulating a 6-BIT system is nothing for her when even Cecilia's technique shows visible holes large enough for a complete rookie (Ichika) to take notice of.

And I can't wait for more scenes with 'M'. I just know I'm going to fanboy Mini-Chifuyu almost as hard as the original Chifuyu. Count it odd that the photo in her locket or whatever is of Chifuyu probably in her piloting/teenager days. Orimura genes are truly demigod-tier hax.

And now that I've seen Squall... she really is beautiful - in a 'super secret agent/spy' way.
Inb4 3P/Threesome doujinshi of M, Chifuyu and Ichika
Old 2013-10-26, 19:43   Link #36
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephis View Post
Inb4 3P/Threesome doujinshi of M, Chifuyu and Ichika
Depends on how the anime portrays 'lovesick' M for Ichika...
Spoiler for Can't help it:
Old 2013-10-26, 20:17   Link #37
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Depends on how the anime portrays 'lovesick' M for Ichika...
Spoiler for Can't help it:
But but... Ichika needs an imouto character in his harem D:
Old 2013-10-26, 22:19   Link #38
velvet nightmare

is it just me or does byakushiki somehow seem really gimp now compared to all the new suits.

even the one off ability seemed kind of stupid. it's supposed to bypass the shield but he gave arachne a good 2 hits, and it still manages to get away

it's supposed to eat up shield energy too, so might as well not use it since it doens't do much anyways. just ditch the sword and stock up on guns and go train with tatenashi. i think we'd all much rather see that, then him swinging a sword for 15 minutes of the show and still not improve.
Old 2013-10-26, 22:45   Link #39
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Byakushiki IS gimped from the start

Japanese government practically run around like a headless chicken because their effort result in an I.S. which don't know what generation it belong. It wasn't until Tabane's intervention that ByakuShiki becoem considered 'passable prototype' at best.
Old 2013-10-27, 02:34   Link #40
Anime Online

I have this feeling mini-Chifuyu is a clone. I'm kinda reminded how clones were also made of Mikoto Misaki, one of the powerful level-5 users, in A Certain Magical Index. How else can it be explained that mini-Chifuyu looks so much like Chifuyu-san?
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote