AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-10-29, 07:59   Link #21
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
oh yay... Barto is reunited with Luffy

and such a great revelation... King Riku is alive... and he's not Rebecca's father?!?!
then Rebecca won't inherit the throne??

so many unrevealed stuffs.... I thought we will march to finale now but seems not
I'm sure that the Toy Soldier or Rebecca's mother are the ones who are supposed to inherit the throne. Actually the toy soldier has the same hair color as Riku and that would make me believe that the Toy Soldier is actually Riku's son.
I'm not sure. There isn't much evidence that says so.
Old 2013-10-29, 08:08   Link #22
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
Rebecca doesn't really do much of a fighting style, she just knocks her opponents out of the ring.

I would guess that the fighting style that Rebecca the Toy Soldier and Ricky use are the same style that the kingdom teaches the Riku army.

And Kyros hasn't been around for more than 20 years which means he's been gone since before Doflamingo came around.
It could be that the old man in the crowd only remembers that fighting style as the one the Riku army uses.
Though she clearly asked for a way to fight without hurting people, while Ricky did cut people which means they have a different fighting style. But yes Ricky might just be using the Riku army fighting style and that's what the old man recognized.

I had forgotten about how long ago Kyros was, it makes him being Soldier unlikely, the king is a possibility, but why would a king fight as a gladiator?
I'm a bit confused though since everything points to Kyros being a relative of Rebecca.

Any way more on topic.
What Trebol's ability is still remains a mystery, we didn't actually see him transform Sai and it isn't even clear he personally kidnapped him (though he does have a slimy theme going, so it does point to him).
Also interesting is that the toys seem unable to resist their orders, yet toy soldier is able to plan a revolt.

Ricky seems like he was quite a popular king so that should make it easier for him to restore his lineage.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 09:09   Link #23
JonSnow

Here's part of Aohige's script that I found interesting:

Quote:
Tank bursts in tears, rejoicing to see his king alive.
Tank’s disloyalty to Doflamingo was because he was royal to the Riku royalty.
Riku guessed Tank was looking after Viola’s safety all along, and that he would never question his loyalty.
Quote:
Hack, hidden from others, communicates with someone on a small Den Den mushi.
He reports that with such a huge pit underground, there may be more hidden secrets here.
The person on the other side of the communication acknowledges, and tells him to continue his recon.
Old 2013-10-29, 09:49   Link #24
animeisinteresting

Doesn't the crown on luffy's head on the front cover remind you of when Natsu (Fairy Tail) stole the king's crown?
animeisinteresting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 10:45   Link #25
Slayerx

Quote:
I'm sure that the Toy Soldier or Rebecca's mother are the ones who are supposed to inherit the throne. Actually the toy soldier has the same hair color as Riku and that would make me believe that the Toy Soldier is actually Riku's son.
I'm not sure. There isn't much evidence that says so.
Chapter is out...
And your thoughts are confirmed; toy solider claims to be rebecca's father.

Also small additional details... seems that Violet may have some kind of connection to the Riku family as it turns out that the army commander Tank has been working for dioflamingo so that he could keep watch over her. Slightly uncertain since the chapter i'm reading translate the name to Viola; though i assume they mean the girl Sanji has been with

Also its seems like th fishman Hack, has a den den mushi and is communicating with someone on the outside...

Last edited by Slayerx; 2013-10-29 at 10:57.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 10:51   Link #26
janipani

Someone has been so evil, that Luffy is going to kick his ass!

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 11:21   Link #27
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

So let me summarize:

Old guy gladiator in garbage dump: Rebecca's grandfather
Toy Soldier: Rebecca's father

This makes the theory of Rebecca joining the Straw Hats more likely again, as now we got even 2 people who can take the throne.

Also we finally saw the guy who turns people into toys...
Old 2013-10-29, 12:52   Link #28
itachi29al

Im honestly kind of bored with this arc, i mean its not bad but the build up seems kind of slow even by one piece standard, its shame because i really like Dofla to. But right now much of this seems unnecessary. Ill be patient but im hoping things pick up a bit.
Old 2013-10-29, 13:36   Link #29
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
Im honestly kind of bored with this arc, i mean its not bad but the build up seems kind of slow even by one piece standard, its shame because i really like Dofla to. But right now much of this seems unnecessary. Ill be patient but im hoping things pick up a bit.
That's only because we had like 5 breaks in this arc alone.
Personally I consider this is the best arc yet.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 13:47   Link #30
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
I tend to agree. With so much going on, its surprising how little it seems has happened. Thankfully this chapter gave use some more history lessons (context is our friend), and I especially liked Luffy remembering his home island, but the tone feels so lackadaisical at times. A little too plotted to the point of plodding.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 15:50   Link #31
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
The twists regarding Ricky and Thunder Soldier don't surprise me at all, really.
Yeah, I saw these revelations coming a mile away. No surprises there.

Trebol has got a troublesome ability (converting people into subservient toys and all). It should be interesting to see how its effects can be reversed.

Not much else to comment on. I'm enjoying the deep and rich history behind Dressrosa.
Old 2013-10-29, 15:56   Link #32
marvelB

I'm.... not seeing a problem with the pacing. Or I guess it seems slow to people because of the tournament? Even then, I think Oda's handling it a lot better by making it a flat-out battle royal rather than a series of one-on-one matches. Otherwise, everything plot-related seems fine to me (though as I mentioned a couple chapter threads back, I do find it highly curious that Oda is taking his time in revealing the full designs of Dofla's top 3 officers. This chapter was the first time we even had a good close-up look of Trebol's snot-nosed face! ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
So let me summarize:

Old guy gladiator in garbage dump: Rebecca's grandfather
Toy Soldier: Rebecca's father

This makes the theory of Rebecca joining the Straw Hats more likely again, as now we got even 2 people who can take the throne.

I don't think so. Rebecca would want to stay because she needs to repair her relations with the townspeople. Running off with pirates would practically further justify the people's current hatred towards her, wouldn't you think?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 16:01   Link #33
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Same way King Riku was a good guy after all , kaidou could also be a good guy. Thus the reason people like Drake might join him or look for him.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 16:32   Link #34
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Same way King Riku was a good guy after all , kaidou could also be a good guy. Thus the reason people like Drake might join him or look for him.

None of the emperors aside from Shanks and Whitebeard were indicated to be "good". I mean, Big Mom was willing to destroy entire nations just because they don't provide her with candy, and I can't really see any good coming from a guy like Kaidou who's apparently a regular customer of Doflamingo's underground weapon business (and who already has an army of zoans under his wing). So yeah, I'm gonna go with Kaidou being a villain here.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 16:37   Link #35
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I highly doubt Kaido is a good person.
He first attempted to kill Whitebeard during the time the war would begin. My guess is that he tried to kill Whitebeard because he most likely thought that Whitebeard may actually win the war against the marines and that wouldn't be good for him and his goals which is to take over the world.
Someone who's trying to take over the world is most likely not a good person.
He is also known as stated by Law someone who isn't the type to talk first seeing as talking won't help Doflamingo and that Kaido would just kill him.
He's also using all of those fake zoan types and has evil guys like Scotch working for him.

No, I highly doubt Kaido is good at all. I can list so many reasons.

I always thought from the start that King Riku was a good guy and that Doflamingo manipulated everything which led the Dressrosa citizens to hate him and his bloodline. Even Crocodile attempted to do the exact same thing but failed due to Luffy's sudden appearance.

And Drake might actually be a pretty decent guy seeing as he used to be a marine, that is unless he just used them for training. But even so I don't think he's a bad guy but he does have ambition and I believe that is to become pirate king.

Last edited by Shockingly; 2013-10-29 at 20:00.
Shockingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 19:17   Link #36
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Wow, this arc is getting pretty depressing. Amazing how Oda merges real world villainy like giant corporates destroying everything with high connections, legal slavery and Lord Of War businesses in Doflamingo.
Dofla and his gang created a small scale Illuminati in Dressora. And I thought World Government was something, these guys already installed and are in the corruption system.
Old 2013-10-30, 12:06   Link #37
The Small One

Quote:
I highly doubt Kaido is a good person.
He first attempted to kill Whitebeard during the time the war would begin.
IIRC he didn't want to kill Whitebeard. I just remember he attacked him to stop him from going to Marineford.
This was actually a rather intelligent decision, seeing that Whitebeard's death was unavoidable there. I think he just wanted to keep the status quo and avoid the strengthening of the WG, which happened after WB was dead.

I'd prefer it, if he turns out to be neither good nor bad. Would be much more interessting if he had a deeper charakter.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 12:35   Link #38
JonSnow

If Donchinjao and Boo doesn't end up forgetting Sai, then we can assume that the toy maker has nothing to do with the memory loss. Which makes Violet the prime suspect for erasing them.
Old 2013-10-30, 12:50   Link #39
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
If Donchinjao and Boo doesn't end up forgetting Sai, then we can assume that the toy maker has nothing to do with the memory loss. Which makes Violet the prime suspect for erasing them.
I'm quite sure that Trebol has nothing to do with any memory loss. It seems that his only abilities are turning people into toys and having complete control over their will.

It's like he can create a toy army. It's kinda cute.
And I find it a little difficult to think that Violet has anything to do with that considering what her ability is all about.

It could just turn out that no ones memories were altered.
I suppose we'll have to wait and find out.
Old 2013-10-30, 19:13   Link #40
Sakuranbo
Kitsune Spy

I am really liking Rebecca so far even though I know she won't end up being a strawhat, and that goop power is interesting and it seems that all of the members of Doflamingo's family have powers relating to the arts [Doflamingo> String (marionette), Trebol>Toys (doll making), Violet> Dancing (not a DF power), Jora>Art (abstract)] we might even see someone with a sound (singing)DF that can remove/swap sounds from/with people.

Last edited by Sakuranbo; 2013-10-30 at 21:34.
Sakuranbo is offline   Reply With Quote