AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 2 8.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 16.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 56.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 8.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 8.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-03, 13:33   Link #101
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
That would like of defeat the purpose of having a good builder though... All you have to do is kitbash a bunch of custom OP abilities and weapons into a run of the mill suit and let it fly. Sort of like the Beginning Gundam in the OVA with its crazy I-field weapons and stuff making it impenetrable to all but a few select suits. Makes you wonder why anybody bothers to build a generic suit.

Then again... The whole effort=better suit thing doesn't make much sense anyway - how does the system recognize how much time you spent on polishing your MS? You paint your MS and all of a sudden its better? Remove a nub or two and it becomes more effective in battle? How does that all figure?
Well, there's obviously some physical effect on the models, which means better-built models should perform better. But I don't know if that extends to the paint and other aesthetic qualities of the models.

I would also assume there is limitation enforced by the system to balance the battles. It doesn't necessarily mean they have to do away with those over-the-top abilities, though.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 15:52   Link #102
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
All the data would be inserted into the GP Base. Otherwise, the system wouldn't know the capabilities of any custom models/parts, such as the Build Strike.
Build Strike doesn't have "unique ability" like Hyper mode, Trans-am, and the likes though. It's only your usual beam rifles, beam cannon, beam saber, and core booster which isn't "special" physics-wise. The only difference is the output based on what weapons a kit uses and how well the kit is built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I would also assume there is limitation enforced by the system to balance the battles. It doesn't necessarily mean they have to do away with those over-the-top abilities, though.
Your comment is rather contradictory. If the system wants to balance the fight, they should rid the OP abilities that only possessed by a limited number of MSs. If such OP abilities exist, no modelers in their right mind would want to use Zakus or GMs to compete. Note that even Phase-Shift armor of SEED Gundams is not present in the gunpla fight (so far), let alone OP abilities involving more intricate systems.

Then again, I'm not saying that we will never see these OP abilities happen in the show. We might, through some special conditions the plot dictates.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 16:09   Link #103
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Build Strike doesn't have "unique ability" like Hyper mode, Trans-am, and the likes though. It's only your usual beam rifles, beam cannon, beam saber, and core booster which isn't "special" physics-wise. The only difference is the output based on what weapons a kit uses and how well the kit is built.
Uniqueness is irrelevant. Build Strike is an original model and the data and build quality are what determine what it can do, just the same way as with a regular Zaku II.
Quote:
Your comment is rather contradictory. If the system wants to balance the fight, they should rid the OP abilities that only possessed by a limited number of MSs. If such OP abilities exist, no modelers in their right mind would want to use Zakus or GMs to compete. Note that even Phase-Shift armor of SEED Gundams is not present in the gunpla fight (so far), let alone OP abilities involving more intricate systems.

Then again, I'm not saying that we will never see these OP abilities happen in the show. We might, through some special conditions the plot dictates.
Obviously those abilities won't work the same way as in the original. There would be limitations.

I thought I'd clarify that I'm not necessarily saying this is how the system works, but how it could work given what we know so far. For all I know, they could indeed ban those abilities, but I'm not dismissing them just yet.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 16:40   Link #104
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Uniqueness is irrelevant. Build Strike is an original model and the data and build quality are what determine what it can do, just the same way as with a regular Zaku II.
And just like any other original kits, the capabilities are related only to the most basic elements of what a MS can do (beam/heat/projectile weaponry, boosters, ability to fly, detachable parts, etc). Someone can't just build an original kit and suddenly got a Trans-am-like ability in the GP Base data. If the system allow that to happen, it would be stupid.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 17:13   Link #105
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And just like any other original kits, the capabilities are related only to the most basic elements of what a MS can do (beam/heat/projectile weaponry, boosters, ability to fly, detachable parts, etc). Someone can't just build an original kit and suddenly got a Trans-am-like ability in the GP Base data. If the system allow that to happen, it would be stupid.
Well, it depends on how the data is derived. I'm simply answering your question of how the system can interpret the "special move" that a kit is supposed to have?

It could come from special, hard to find/build or expensive parts or whatever. And as I said, having these abilities wouldn't necessarily mean you're invincible, given some limitations.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 17:40   Link #106
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Well, it depends on how the data is derived. I'm simply answering your question of how the system can interpret the "special move" that a kit is supposed to have?
And just like my original question: if someone were to kitbash God, Turn-A & Quanta into one kit, how would the system interpret which skill it has between Hyper mode, Moonlight Butterfly and Trans-am? See how convoluted it is? It would be even more stupid if the system allow all of those hax-skills to be used by the said model .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 18:53   Link #107
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And just like my original question: if someone were to kitbash God, Turn-A & Quanta into one kit, how would the system interpret which skill it has between Hyper mode, Moonlight Butterfly and Trans-am? See how convoluted it is?
I'm assuming the base would still be from one model. So you take that base and then add/remove features to it depending on what parts are swapped.
Quote:
It would be even more stupid if the system allow all of those hax-skills to be used by the said model .
Well, we do don't know yet. But again, assuming a balanced system, it wouldn't be too problematic, not to mention there are probably some limitations in the construction as well.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 03:51   Link #108
BoyTitan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Buffalo,Newyork
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephis View Post
Like a lot of people say, the special armor concept such as Gundarium, Gundanium, Phase Shift Armor doesn't exist in this anime @__@;;

But I wonder if one were to use Blitz Gundam or something, if it can use Mirage Colloid.
The armor does not exist because there is no way to recreate the technology with plastic model kits. Which makes me wonder how the hell is anyone going to use funnels in this series.
__________________
BoyTitan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 04:51   Link #109
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
The armor does not exist because there is no way to recreate the technology with plastic model kits. Which makes me wonder how the hell is anyone going to use funnels in this series.
Hacking?

Who knows?

Or perhaps like in CE the pilot would need a extremely high spatial awareness/fast enough brain processing to control them
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 07:11   Link #110
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Apparently plastic sheet is treated as anti beam coating

I wonder what happened if you use RG Model (everyone in the show seems to use mostly HG parts). Perhaps high performance but rather fragile?
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 19:00   Link #111
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Episode 4, Yurin goes nuts and becomes Meer Camble, heh funny little villain. Enjoyed this one, I was making guess throughout and thought I was wrong, only to be proven right again!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.