AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 3 11.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 14.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 7.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-03, 23:50   Link #21
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Episode 5 was pretty good. It had some execution issues, but it managed to get core points across pretty well. Those core points being...

1) It would be in Rin's best interests to be this transfer exchange student.

2) Kyousuke might not be quite as manipulative as what Riki thinks, but Kyousuke has been carefully shifting things to an end-point where Rin (and Riki) are both stronger and more mature.

3) Riki and Rin have strong feelings for each other, beyond basic friendship. Riki was right that he was being selfish at first, but that selfishness itself speaks to his sincere desire to be with Rin and develop a romance with her. Rin's negative reaction to Riki telling her to go to that other school is also important and telling here.

4) This world has a strange and likely dark mystery behind it.

My main issue with the execution is that Riki's degree of anger here seemed a bit much. I don't recall him ever being this angry before, and he's certainly had just reason to be angry on many occasions. It does seem a bit odd for him to be this pissed off with his beloved best bud Kyousuke when he was not this pissed off even with the two girls that were bullying Komari and Kud just a few episodes ago. Even if Riki doesn't like being pulled around by Kyousuke's strings, he must realize that Kyousuke's intentions are entirely good. Kyousuke is obviously looking out for his best friend and his little sister, which is just to be expected. Is it really something to start gritting your teeth over?
Old 2013-11-04, 00:26   Link #22
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Episode 5 was pretty good. It had some execution issues, but it managed to get core points across pretty well.

My main issue with the execution is that Riki's degree of anger here seemed a bit much. I don't recall him ever being this angry before, and he's certainly had just reason to be angry on many occasions. It does seem a bit odd for him to be this pissed off with his beloved best bud Kyousuke when he was not this pissed off even with the two girls that were bullying Komari and Kud just a few episodes ago. Even if Riki doesn't like being pulled around by Kyousuke's strings, he must realize that Kyousuke's intentions are entirely good. Kyousuke is obviously looking out for his best friend and his little sister, which is just to be expected. Is it really something to start gritting your teeth over?
Well as they say, "Love makes you do crazy things." On a more evidential note, he was also upset during the bullying incident of Kurugaya's route and he did tell Kanata that he and the other Little Busters hated her during the beginning of Haruka's route.

EDIT: And also what Reckoner said.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-11-04 at 00:37.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 00:30   Link #23
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Yep, it's not the first time he's shown emotion like that. Also this goes far deeper that just wanting to stick together with Rin... For Riki this feels like betrayal. The man who supported his relationship the previous episode is all of a sudden "trying to split them apart."
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 19:55   Link #24
Dawnstorm

I like the way the second season goes surreal at key moments. Kyousuke letting go and running on is one of those moments: you start to lose the certainty that what you're seeing actually happens, or that at the very least this is a psychologically formed world in which they're all trapped (Kyousuke might actually be dead already - kept alive by the power of denial).

Komari had to remain, really, as she's the only one who blatantly foreshadowed what would happen in her picture book. I hope they'll resolve this, but even if they don't, that foreshadowing made her stand out as more just than background-singer support group.

It's also quite disturbing that the bus accident had exactly two survivors... I'm getting the idea that Riki and Rin are caught in a protective fantasy and Riki is about to force Rin out alone.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 21:32   Link #25
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Really good episode except one major part missing was a very good sound track that was used with Kyousuke's reveal that was taken out. It really made that scene more powerful and I have no idea why they took it out. Maybe they will use it later on *shrug*. I guess they don't want to overuse it. They should have tried to remix some tracks in different ways like in Clannad with Kyoto Animation.

Triple_R : I think it has to do with a few things. One is this whole letter thing, Riki feels like Kyousuke is messing with him. He knows that Kyousuke, his best friend, knows more and isn't telling him straight. He is frustrated by what is going on and feels this isn't the right way to help Rin. He feels that this is only going to hurt her and especially their relationship. That is how I see it anyway .
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 09:56   Link #26
s07195
Distracted

Why do I get the feeling that **** is going to hit the fan next episode?

s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 10:26   Link #27
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
I... don't even wanna comment anymore on how depressing this episode is for me. I know Riki wants Rin to mature, but come on...! It's obviously obvious that Rin loves Riki as much as he does, if not more. Rin just simply sounds like a child to you, Riki. >.>

But, the fact that the others are missing are signs of the times... the end is coming. D:
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 18:03   Link #28
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Riki is baka..... you shouldn't underestimate love....
don't let her go!!!

well, I love this development.. although I really want Riki and Rin to have their some final moment before separate for 6 months
that's little ridiculous about sending a girl student to cheer up students in other school...

Kyousuke become more mysterious... somehow, I feel angry toward him in this episode... He's like emotionless and heartless although he's still wise as usual

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 20:18   Link #29
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Wait, Mio, Haruka, Yuiko... gone
Komari... Still here!

Though she expressed her love for Rin better than Riki... oh man that is kinda sad.

Silly Riki, it's nice to know that you realize that it's selfish to want Rin to stay around for yourself, but wouldn't you think Rin is the one to get the say in this. I mean, Rin grew as a person and I would hope she knows what she wants more than what everyone else think she wants. But yea, it was kinda depressing and shit to see how they are without each other and the others.

The best part of the episode was this though...

I mean Kyousuke even did the laughing thing, making me wonder if he was indeed Kira. But it's not, and he has to hope Riki can figure his message out.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 17:14   Link #30
kitten320

Why do I have the feeling that survivals of bus accident are Riki and Rin and now they are trapped in some world of dead, almost like Angel Beats.
Old 2013-11-08, 02:22   Link #31
s07195
Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Why do I have the feeling that survivals of bus accident are Riki and Rin and now they are trapped in some world of dead, almost like Angel Beats.
That's all I can speculate about at the moment, actually.
Like they can't face reality and so are pretending their friends aren't dead- actually, let's not go there.

s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 19:26   Link #32
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Little Busters was originally written in between Clannad and Angel Beats. That's all I can say for now.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 02:22   Link #33
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

The "chessmaster" is Kyousuke?! What a surprise!

On a serious note, Kyousuke, the guy who had been supporting a Riki-Rin couple is now trying to pull them apart. Of course, this could only mean that Kyousuke is trying to test this new relationship... but I admit, Kyousuke's approach is a bit too harsh.

Riki's both cast into the light and dragged into the dark at the same time. Will he break or will he pull through?

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 40!! Completed: 210. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote