AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-05, 00:14   Link #1
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
One Piece - Chapter 727 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.



It's that time once again, fellas! Credit goes to Redon from AP for the spoiler:


Quote:
- Toy soldier gives the flashback about how Doflamingo took the throne 10 years ago.
- Dolfamingo kidnapped the ships that took tribute from countries to the Celestial Dragons and threatened the World Government to be part of the Shichibukai.
- He threatened King Riku for 10 billion Berries for Dressrosa. King Riku didn't want a war. There's no wars for last 800 years in Dressrosa so he accepted.
- Dressrosa soldiers went to the town to collect money.
- But suddenly King Riku started attacking people and set fire to buildings with tears, he was controlled by Doflamingo. Soldiers also started attacking people later.
- "The timing that hero shows up is when people have fears and hate King Riku." Doflamingo said to Trébol, Diamante and Pica.​

​End of chapter.​



So basically, Dofla pulled something similar to Crocodile's Alabasta plot, but actually succeeded in stealing the king's throne! I also find that thing about him threatening the WG to make him a warlord very interesting. My guess is that the only reason they didn't send any admirals after him was because they were already aware that he's a noble descendant himself......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 01:12   Link #2
JonSnow
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
According to the translation, XDrake was the guy that beat the crap out of Caribou. That takes care of all the doubts then
__________________
JonSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 01:15   Link #3
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
No surprise how Doflamingo arranged this setup. And the World Government made him a warlord out of fear.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 01:26   Link #4
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
According to the translation, XDrake was the guy that beat the crap out of Caribou. That takes care of all the doubts then
Was there really any real doubt?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 04:48   Link #5
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
According to the translation, XDrake was the guy that beat the crap out of Caribou. That takes care of all the doubts then
Not confirmed yet.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 18:56   Link #6
Dany Rangel
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Was there really any real doubt?
Yes. We could not get a good look at the Dinosaur and their was some decent arguments on the possibility that it was not Drake. Seems it really was.
Dany Rangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 19:28   Link #7
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel View Post
Yes. We could not get a good look at the Dinosaur and their was some decent arguments on the possibility that it was not Drake. Seems it really was.
Look was just one argument brought up. There were many more actually . Like how it could be an artificial zoan fruit user or how people drew their own Photoshop drawings of who that guy was earlier ( Aokiji on his bird) and every was wrong( people claimed it was many different things with their drawings). And much more.

The possibility of him being Drake was never denied by me personally but i was leaning more on he isn't drake theory. But we shall see when it is confirmed.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 22:07   Link #8
Dany Rangel
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Look was just one argument brought up. There were many more actually . Like how it could be an artificial zoan fruit user or how people drew their own Photoshop drawings of who that guy was earlier ( Aokiji on his bird) and every was wrong( people claimed it was many different things with their drawings). And much more.

The possibility of him being Drake was never denied by me personally but i was leaning more on he isn't drake theory. But we shall see when it is confirmed.
I agree. Their was more argumentsI didn't see would I would call many though. More like a few.

What is that about "people drew their own Photoshop drawings of who that guy was earlier(Aokiji on his bird) and every was wrong(people claimed it was many different things with their drawings). And much more"?.I didn't understand you.

I believe it has already been confirmed by Ishuhui that it was Drake.Let's wait for the chapter now to see if his confirmation is true.

Last edited by Dany Rangel; 2013-11-05 at 22:35.
Dany Rangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 00:24   Link #9
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel View Post
I agree. Their was more argumentsI didn't see would I would call many though. More like a few.

What is that about "people drew their own Photoshop drawings of who that guy was earlier(Aokiji on his bird) and every was wrong(people claimed it was many different things with their drawings). And much more"?.I didn't understand you.

I believe it has already been confirmed by Ishuhui that it was Drake.Let's wait for the chapter now to see if his confirmation is true.

Before Aokiji was confirmed earlier, there was a intense argument/debate as who it was. Then people were making their own colored version of the pic and making it look as what they wanted it to be ( Like some one with a hat on a boat, ...) .

When we saw what it was, it was completely different than what it really was ( Aokiji on his beard).

My point is people had really interesting imagination in making out what that pic was same as this new pic.
----

Also about him being Xdrake or not, in the spoilers it was said it was Xdrake or one of the Drake Pirates . We have to wait for it to be confirmed. Also Spoilers aren't always accurate ( though pretty accurate majority of time).
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 01:31   Link #10
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Not confirmed yet.

Uh, yes it has. Fresh from Aohige's (currently ongoing) summary of the raw:


Quote:
Chapter 727 "Hero awaits"
Caribou is beaten, and is being dragged by X Drake (human form)
All opposition has been defeated..

And that, as they say, is that.


Edit: BTW, having looked at the raw myself, I can personally also confirm that it's X Drake. But putting that aside..... damn, Dofla wasn't just controlling the king, but his ENTIRE FREAKING ARMY with his strings! Dude's power is really no joke.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-11-06 at 02:40.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 03:10   Link #11
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Uh, yes it has. Fresh from Aohige's (currently ongoing) summary of the raw:





And that, as they say, is that.


Edit: BTW, having looked at the raw myself, I can personally also confirm that it's X Drake. But putting that aside..... damn, Dofla wasn't just controlling the king, but his ENTIRE FREAKING ARMY with his strings! Dude's power is really no joke.....
Yup. Now confirmed. It wasn't confirmed before now though .
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 05:07   Link #12
Eleutheria
旅行癖
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Not the most satisfying of One Piece chapters as they go, but man, was that chapter brutal.
__________________
ロースクールに入ったから、アニメはもはやこれまでかな…
日本語のレベルも段々退歩してるし~
Eleutheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 05:29   Link #13
The Small One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Germany
I'm a bit confused about the recent chapter.
How comes, the king could address his people with a video transmission? Isn't this a retcon?
IIRC the OP world didn't know the video technology until we came to Impel Down. It makes sense for this prison to be the first to get this important tech and the next appearance of the video snails was the Marineford war/Ace's execution, which also makes sense since it's an event of global scale.
But suddenly we are told, that the technology was already available ten years ago, in a relatively poor kingdom? IMHO this doesn't add up.


Then there is another thing which worries me: This chapter said, that the country was without wars for 800 years. So why did the soldiers even have weapons?
The other thing is the colliseum: From what we know, the tradition of the Gladiators seems to be older than Doflamingo's reign (Kyros is supposed to have resigned 20 years ago). But the speech of the king in this chapter ("humans shouldn't kill each other") doesn't sound like he would permit a barbarian thing like the colliseum in his kingdom.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 05:31   Link #14
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Yes. We could not get a good look at the Dinosaur and their was some decent arguments on the possibility that it was not Drake. Seems it really was.
There were no decent arguments.

Quote:
IIRC the OP world didn't know the video technology until we came to Impel Down. It makes sense for this prison to be the first to get this important tech and the next appearance of the video snails was the Marineford war/Ace's execution, which also makes sense since it's an event of global scale.
But suddenly we are told, that the technology was already available ten years ago, in a relatively poor kingdom? IMHO this doesn't add up.


Then there is another thing which worries me: This chapter said, that the country was without wars for 800 years. So why did the soldiers even have weapons?
1) Where was it said that video technology did not exist anywhere else?

2) Just because a country is peaceful and has been peace for a while doesn't mean there is no need for an army. Who is keeping the peace if not the army? And why wouldn't soldiers have weapons?

Australia hasn't been at war for a while and they still have a standing army. In fact Switzerland hasn't been at war with anyone for a couple of hundreds of years and they have mandatory conscription for their citizens, in order to deter others from attacking them.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 05:38   Link #15
Archaeon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Doflamingo is evil and cunning but that's what make him interesting character.

Him and Law are my favorite shichibukai.
Archaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 05:42   Link #16
J4n1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Every nation has an army within it's borders, either its own or of someone else.
To paraphrase a quote from some old politician i can't remember a name of.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 05:49   Link #17
The Small One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
1) Where was it said that video technology did not exist anywhere else?
It wasn't explicitly stated, that the technology didn't exist, but it wasn't stated that it exists either.
Fact is we (the readers and with them the main characters) never encountered this specific technology, even in situations where it could have been of use.

For example after the Alabasta-Arc: Why did the royal family (Vivi and her father) address their people with an audio-transmission only?
If a poor kingdom had video transmission 10 years ago, then a rich kingdom like Alabasta should have it in the present as well.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 06:08   Link #18
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Now I hate Dofla
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 06:24   Link #19
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It wasn't explicitly stated, that the technology didn't exist, but it wasn't stated that it exists either.
Fact is we (the readers and with them the main characters) never encountered this specific technology, even in situations where it could have been of use.

For example after the Alabasta-Arc: Why did the royal family (Vivi and her father) address their people with an audio-transmission only?
If a poor kingdom had video transmission 10 years ago, then a rich kingdom like Alabasta should have it in the present as well.
I am thinking something new Oda thought about. But i get what you mean .
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 06:31   Link #20
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Holy hell...this chapter was heart-wrenching and brutal. Man, Donfla is really beyond just an evil bastard...
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.