AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-06, 21:34   Link #41
AdventSleeper
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Hmm, as much as I've liked the Dressrosa arc so far, I have mixed feelings on how this chapter made this arc so much more similar to Alabasta.

Then again, there were a lot of clues and hints from before that lead to this, so I shouldn't be surprised.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 22:45   Link #42
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuranbo View Post
Doflamingo is a real bastard...so the three that were with him that night were, Trebol (club-themed staff), Pica (pointed pauldrons) and Law (tall guy)?
The tall guy is Diamante, the guy who runs the coliseum.
__________________
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 00:46   Link #43
Dany Rangel
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Just the fact that it was a dinosaur Zoan, with Drake being a dinosaur Zoan, with Scotch on the island, with Drake seen last confronting Scotch that seemed to point heavily in that direction. It was the obvious choice, and by a country mile imo
I dislike to keep writing about certain things but I can't help my-self when people say what I believe to be false things...

I have not denied that their was a good possibility that it was Drake just because of how the Dinosaur looked but the fact that it was implied that Drake attacked Scotch,to me it pointed that it was not Drake.

Like I said...what does it matter now? It was Drake.
Dany Rangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 01:34   Link #44
The Small One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Doflamingo didn't dare fight Aokiji . I am not saying who is stronger than who ( could be either) but rather i bet Doflamingo wasn't so sure that he can actually control or do much to Aokiji.
You have to consider though, that Aokiji is a logia user.
Doffy's strings probably don't work too well on those: He can't cut them (well he can but they don't care, like Crocodile) and he's probably not able to attach the strings to them. So he likely has to fight with other means.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 02:13   Link #45
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
You have to consider though, that Aokiji is a logia user.
Doffy's strings probably don't work too well on those: He can't cut them (well he can but they don't care, like Crocodile) and he's probably not able to attach the strings to them. So he likely has to fight with other means.
Another question would be if he Doflamingo could imbue them with Haki. And if he could imbue them with Haki then why shouldn't work against Logia. I think Oda has taken great liberty in terms of Haki and Devil relationship and some times it can get very confusing at best.

Same with power levels. Crocodile who lost to Luffy ( the weak version of luffy with not even gear third) was some how able to go toe to toe against Doflamingo in whitebeard war.


But we know Haki alone isn't omnipotent against Logia either.

Like how Whitebeared couldn't just kill Aokiji with his haki when he pierced him. Or how akainu countered Marco and Vista's Haki.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 04:42   Link #46
Spammowarrior
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
You have to consider though, that Aokiji is a logia user.
Doffy's strings probably don't work too well on those: He can't cut them (well he can but they don't care, like Crocodile) and he's probably not able to attach the strings to them. So he likely has to fight with other means.
doflamingo made quick work of smoker. Probably you're right in that he couldn't control him, but as we've seen that's far from the only trick in his bag.
Spammowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 05:04   Link #47
Dany Rangel
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
You have to consider though, that Aokiji is a logia user.
Doffy's strings probably don't work too well on those: He can't cut them (well he can but they don't care, like Crocodile) and he's probably not able to attach the strings to them. So he likely has to fight with other means.
Doflamingo cut Smoker and hurt him. I'm not sure how.
The possibilities I see are: he used Armament Haki on his smoke body or for whatever reason(s),he cut his human body.
Dany Rangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 05:16   Link #48
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post

Like how Whitebeard couldn't just kill Aokiji with his haki when he pierced him. Or how akainu countered Marco and Vista's Haki.
The problem is, i'ts not Whitebeard who couldn't pierced trough aokiji, but it is by far, the length of Aokiji strength to control his logia(his devil fruit power) and dodged Whitebeard spear. same goes for Vista+Marco v Akainu. And I believe Akainu & Aokiji have observation haki (even thought it's not confirmed yet) that makes them even harder to getting hit or stabbed in a normal fight.
__________________
If you really want to be happy, nobody can stop you
nicepace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 05:20   Link #49
Dany Rangel
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Same with power levels. Crocodile who lost to Luffy ( the weak version of luffy with not even gear third) was some how able to go toe to toe against Doflamingo in whitebeard war.


But we know Haki alone isn't omnipotent against Logia either.

Like how Whitebeared couldn't just kill Aokiji with his haki when he pierced him. Or how akainu countered Marco and Vista's Haki.
Surely Luffy's physical strength is increased with gear third but I don't believe he is weak with-out-it. Gear third expands the impact; hits a wider area but it's the force that counts.

I believe if a Haki imbued blow,cut, or stab is successful or not, it depends on how much haki is used and the force behind it.
Whitbeard probably missed on hitting Kuzan(Aokiji).Look carefully.
Dany Rangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 06:14   Link #50
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel View Post
Surely Luffy's physical strength is increased with gear third but I don't believe he is weak with-out-it. Gear third expands the impact; hits a wider area but it's the force that counts.

I believe if a Haki imbued blow,cut, or stab is successful or not, it depends on how much haki is used and the force behind it.
Whitbeard probably missed on hitting Kuzan(Aokiji).Look carefully.
As Luffy's strength reference i meant, Luffy defeated the same Croc ( in arabasta) that Dofla fought on (sort of ) equal grounds.

And also the key word you used "probably". That's my point. The relationship between Haki and DF is still up for speculation and doubt. Oda has been really consistent (relative to other writers of similar genre) but still there are a lot of inconsistencies.

He hasn't really set an absolute rule ( there is a rule though not crystal clear/i admit that) of their relationship and thus he at times takes liberty to deviate from it.

Another example can Sword shock waves have haki that penetrates a logia?

Up to recently the answer was no but then Zoro was able to cut the snow snow fruit with a sword shockwave.

Definitely nothing major and doesn't really effect the plot in a major way, but these kind of inconsistencies imo do exist.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 14:48   Link #51
Dany Rangel
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
As Luffy's strength reference i meant, Luffy defeated the same Croc ( in arabasta) that Dofla fought on (sort of ) equal grounds.

And also the key word you used "probably". That's my point. The relationship between Haki and DF is still up for speculation and doubt. Oda has been really consistent (relative to other writers of similar genre) but still there are a lot of inconsistencies.

He hasn't really set an absolute rule ( there is a rule though not crystal clear/i admit that) of their relationship and thus he at times takes liberty to deviate from it.

Another example can Sword shock waves have haki that penetrates a logia?

Up to recently the answer was no but then Zoro was able to cut the snow snow fruit with a sword shockwave.

Definitely nothing major and doesn't really effect the plot in a major way, but these kind of inconsistencies imo do exist.
I completely agree.

Back on point: why is Drake working for Kaido? and where is he taking Caribou? Let's not forget that Caribou has powerful dangerous information.
Dany Rangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 16:52   Link #52
JonSnow
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Guys any theories regarding Violet and why she went back to the palace knowing her life's already in danger?
__________________
JonSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 20:26   Link #53
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel View Post
I completely agree.



Back on point: why is Drake working for Kaido? and where is he taking Caribou? Let's not forget that Caribou has powerful dangerous information.
Glad we agree .
---

I think it has something to do with the weapon system the WG in one piece is making.

A lot of things in world one piece seems to revolve around balance of power .

Kaidou seems to be the kind of guy that wants to actually change the world balance away from the world government ( the reason for wanting so many devil fruits). Maybe if WG is successful in their weapon system, then the balance changes drastically ( and this might have very negative effects).



So Drake went to Kaido ( maybe the only guy willing to help) to stop this.

For all we know Kaido might have gone to help Whitebeard not kill whitebeard and that might have been the reason Shanks stopped him ( to keep the balance).

Drake might be the same as Shanks.

Or maybe there is some really evil elements in WG working on this and he wants to stop them ( picking the less of evil in his point of view). We know the celestial dragons aren't really any better than the pirates.

So this is why i think Kaidou isn't really the most evil or as evil as he is made out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Guys any theories regarding Violet and why she went back to the palace knowing her life's already in danger?
- She is trying to help strawhats because she knows something that they don't or that her help must have been essential ( even if she must sacrifice herself) to help strawhats survive.

- This might have been Doflamingo's plan. Doflamingo knew that Sanji would act the way he did and thus everything is going according the (dofy's) plan. She basically tricked sanji and isn't really a traitor to doflamingo as of yet.

- She is related ( somehow) to our princess ( thus destroying that monitor). So she can't really leave without her.

Just a few from me . love to hear yours and others.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 21:53   Link #54
Dany Rangel
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Glad we agree .
---

I think it has something to do with the weapon system the WG in one piece is making.

A lot of things in world one piece seems to revolve around balance of power .

Kaidou seems to be the kind of guy that wants to actually change the world balance away from the world government ( the reason for wanting so many devil fruits). Maybe if WG is successful in their weapon system, then the balance changes drastically ( and this might have very negative effects).



So Drake went to Kaido ( maybe the only guy willing to help) to stop this.

For all we know Kaido might have gone to help Whitebeard not kill whitebeard and that might have been the reason Shanks stopped him ( to keep the balance).

Drake might be the same as Shanks.

Or maybe there is some really evil elements in WG working on this and he wants to stop them ( picking the less of evil in his point of view). We know the celestial dragons aren't really any better than the pirates.

So this is why i think Kaidou isn't really the most evil or as evil as he is made out to be
When was it stated that the W.G. is making a weapon system?
I thought Kaidou was more like Black-beard and Shanks wanted Ace to be saved...
Really? Wasn't it stated that Kaidou tried to stop Whitebeard?
Dany Rangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 06:55   Link #55
The Small One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel View Post
Really? Wasn't it stated that Kaidou tried to stop Whitebeard?
Kaidou tried to stop Whitebeard. That's all we know.
We don't have any information on WHY he tried to stop Whitebeard. His motives are unknown.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 10:02   Link #56
grey_1960
Detective Kate Beckett
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
Chapter 727
Not a bad chapter. Story is finally filling itself up and the characters are being filled in now. Now the next step is proving the Kings innocents. I kinda wonder what Admiral Fujitori will do if he learns the same thing? In the Alabasta arch it was just Luffy and Croc. Admiral Fujitori is not behind the scenes he is actually in the thick of the story.

Hope for the Best and prepare for the worst
I kinda feel King Riku's or Dressrosa's fate was inevitable. 800 years of peace and not once did the Riku ever think that Celestial Dragon would return to reclaim their former lands? Second to think that you can have ever lasting peace without fighting is a person who refuses to see reality for what it is. He let Dalfamingo dictate the whole situation and not once did he consider other options. Like having another Yonkou (White Beard) place his protection over Dressrosa. How about considering the unthinkable and actually fighting? Very naive king.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 10:33   Link #57
JonSnow
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
- She is trying to help strawhats because she knows something that they don't or that her help must have been essential ( even if she must sacrifice herself) to help strawhats survive.

- This might have been Doflamingo's plan. Doflamingo knew that Sanji would act the way he did and thus everything is going according the (dofy's) plan. She basically tricked sanji and isn't really a traitor to doflamingo.

Just a few from me . love to hear yours and others.
I like both theories. Since King Riku mentioned Viola, we can assume that she's related to the royal family? But I would like her to be the one who played Sanji and broke his heart by betraying him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Hope for the Best and prepare for the worst
I kinda feel King Riku's or Dressrosa's fate was inevitable. 800 years of peace and not once did the Riku ever think that Celestial Dragon would return to reclaim their former lands? Second to think that you can have ever lasting peace without fighting is a person who refuses to see reality for what it is. He let Dalfamingo dictate the whole situation and not once did he consider other options. Like having another Yonkou (White Beard) place his protection over Dressrosa. How about considering the unthinkable and actually fighting? Very naive king.
I think King Riku didn't want a war because war only results to more deaths. The yonko option would have been good, since paying tribute to the WG or CD's was a waste because they didn't do shit when Doflamingo invaded their country.
__________________
JonSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 11:04   Link #58
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
For all we know Kaido might have gone to help Whitebeard not kill whitebeard and that might have been the reason Shanks stopped him ( to keep the balance).
Where did you get that from?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 11:08   Link #59
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Hope for the Best and prepare for the worst
I kinda feel King Riku's or Dressrosa's fate was inevitable. 800 years of peace and not once did the Riku ever think that Celestial Dragon would return to reclaim their former lands? Second to think that you can have ever lasting peace without fighting is a person who refuses to see reality for what it is. He let Dalfamingo dictate the whole situation and not once did he consider other options. Like having another Yonkou (White Beard) place his protection over Dressrosa. How about considering the unthinkable and actually fighting? Very naive king.
To be fair, we do not know the consequences of a Yonkou, or any pirate, taking over an island "owned" by one of the Tenryuubito families. So, it could very well be that asking for assistance from a more powerful figure would have been worse for the country (I do agree that the country should have had some form of defense). That being said, Riku was seeking to kill DoFlamingo (with Explosions!), so it is not like he was blindly trusting the future despot. Sadly, Riku didn't expect a betrayal before he could even get a chance of trying to save his country.

So, I don't think Riku was naive (and the idea of the situation being inevitable is odd considering there should be no reason why a Tenryuubito would want a poor country even if it was theirs originally), but I do agree the standing defenses were lackluster.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 13:43   Link #60
Dany Rangel
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Hope for the Best and prepare for the worst
I kinda feel King Riku's or Dressrosa's fate was inevitable. 800 years of peace and not once did the Riku ever think that Celestial Dragon would return to reclaim their former lands? Second to think that you can have ever lasting peace without fighting is a person who refuses to see reality for what it is. He let Dalfamingo dictate the whole situation and not once did he consider other options. Like having another Yonkou (White Beard) place his protection over Dressrosa. How about considering the unthinkable and actually fighting? Very naive king.
Was Doflamingo still a Celestial Dragon when he returned to Dressrosa?
What could he do against Doflamingo?
He probably considered other options including fighting but he thought that humans should not kill each-other although he was prepared to try and kill Doflamingo...
He believed that 800 years with-out war proved that they were not animals.
He told his soldiers:"Don't let yourselves go wild!!Stay Human!!I will not let you kill each other!!"
Dany Rangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.