AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2004-05-01, 10:09   Link #21
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie
Ah well, guess my local borders hasn't gotten it yet then -_- Damn.
Waldenbooks would definitely have it if your borders doesn't.

Holy Pictures BatMan!!

Rin&Ran's father O'Rang Yhun

Rin&Ran's Mother Lunar Ice(not her real name)

w/ Rin&Ran

Couple

Chibi Parents + North Star

Note* Most of these are before Rin&Ran were born so they were younger.

In Remembrance - Founder of Sladism / Slade's Photobucket
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 21:41   Link #22
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade

3 Volumes are currently out and there are currently up to 11 out in Korea and still going.

It's got very good action, alot of comedy and a bit of romance(not too much but the subliminal relationships are there and growing each volume) .

What I like about the romance in this series is that it's not one of those "HOLY CRAP I JUST MET YOU AND I'M TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH YOU!!!" It's a gradual thing as they experience many things together and overcome hardships while supporting each other which I think makes more sense.

Rin supports Bi Ryu in a way that tames Bi Ryu's murderous nature while Ran acts as a witness(for lack of a better term) to Yu Se's change as he starts to turn his back on what is right to gain power. It's a nice balance that will become apparent as the next few volumes are released... Safe to say, there are massive amounts of character developments in this manwha(I should know, I've read up to volume 11 in korean I just collect it in english so I can show more people). I can't waittttt for volume 4. It's gonna be crazy
so all 3 are out and in stores huh...i bought vol 2, vol 1 wasent there and plus i would buy vol 2 first since i got vol 1 on internet(still im getting vol 1) ...i forgot to ask about vol 3 though :S....and im curious when does vol 4 comin out? and i guess if u know the other release dates plz tell..

havent read vol 2 yet

and when did comics one licence this

In a Teletha Tesstarossa mood :3
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 10:18   Link #23
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Waldenbooks would definitely have it if your borders doesn't.

Note* Most of these are before Rin&Ran were born so they were younger.

I live in Singapore, there isn't a Waldenbooks here. In fact there's only ONE borders here as well -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 11:04   Link #24
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Quote:
Originally Posted by I)ark-I)eath
so all 3 are out and in stores huh...i bought vol 2, vol 1 wasent there and plus i would buy vol 2 first since i got vol 1 on internet(still im getting vol 1) ...i forgot to ask about vol 3 though :S....and im curious when does vol 4 comin out? and i guess if u know the other release dates plz tell..
My Waldenbooks only had volumes 1 and 2 on the shelf. They had expanded their manga section from bookcases to 4 though. ^_^

I only got the first volume to test it out and now, of course, I wish I had gotten both. I'm really excited about the characters already. Thanks Slade for promotion! I'm always up for a good manga, or in this case manwha, suggestion. ^_^ I will be going back to get the second one soon. (And third if they have it.)

Aliens, Time Travelers, Sliders and Espers recieve FREE FOOD! Come to us!
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 19:31   Link #25
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Quote:
and when did comics one licence this
Comicsone licenced NOW July 30, 2003 and the first issue was released September 2003. Looking at the pattern it looks like a new issue is released every 2-3 months. Gah!! So long isn't it? I think one of the problems is that NOW is considered one of comicsone's side projects instead of it's main ones and it's taking translation bloody long.

I'm hoping with better sales they'll speed things up a bit. Volume 12 was released in Korea not too long ago so they've still got alot to tranlate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo
My Waldenbooks only had volumes 1 and 2 on the shelf. They had expanded their manga section from bookcases to 4 though. ^_^

I only got the first volume to test it out and now, of course, I wish I had gotten both. I'm really excited about the characters already. Thanks Slade for promotion! I'm always up for a good manga, or in this case manwha, suggestion. ^_^ I will be going back to get the second one soon. (And third if they have it.)
It seems alot of the borders and waldenbooks don't have volume 3... that's odd considering when I goto the book store I see 1,2, and 3 all there and in borders only a bunch of copies of 3(I'm hoping 1,2 are sold out ).

Oh, if you're interested in any of the other manwha series Park Sung Woo has written, here's a link that lists all the manga he's made... it's a bit out of date. Maybe 1-2 Volumes off.

http://kayue.lil.to/
click comic.b on the topright(the site is in korean)

I've read the first 2 manwhas listed there and of course the fifth which is "NOW"

The second one you see is the prequel to "NOW" which deals with Rin&Ran parents. Hopefully they'll pick that series up as well.

The first one listed there is another favorite of mine called "Zero" it deals with people with ESP. I doubt it willbe brought over anytime soon as it has some nudity and sexual situations(too bad ).

Old 2004-05-02, 20:31   Link #26
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Quote:
Comicsone licenced NOW July 30, 2003 and the first issue was released September 2003. Looking at the pattern it looks like a new issue is released every 2-3 months. Gah!! So long isn't it? I think one of the problems is that NOW is considered one of comicsone's side projects instead of it's main ones and it's taking translation bloody long.

I'm hoping with better sales they'll speed things up a bit. Volume 12 was released in Korea not too long ago so they've still got alot to tranlate.

It seems alot of the borders and waldenbooks don't have volume 3... that's odd considering when I goto the book store I see 1,2, and 3 all there and in borders only a bunch of copies of 3(I'm hoping 1,2 are sold out ).

Oh, if you're interested in any of the other manwha series Park Sung Woo has written, here's a link that lists all the manga he's made... it's a bit out of date. Maybe 1-2 Volumes off.

http://kayue.lil.to/
click comic.b on the topright(the site is in korean)

I've read the first 2 manwhas listed there and of course the fifth which is "NOW"

The second one you see is the prequel to "NOW" which deals with Rin&Ran parents. Hopefully they'll pick that series up as well.

The first one listed there is another favorite of mine called "Zero" it deals with people with ESP. I doubt it willbe brought over anytime soon as it has some nudity and sexual situations(too bad ).

what's the prequel to "NOW" called?

wow thats alot of volumes :sweat: why cant comics one combine some :sweat:

lol.. i read vol 2...a part where i laughed the most:
Spoiler:

pure jokes

Old 2004-05-02, 20:32   Link #27
MikoKikyo

I’m pretty generous when it comes to manga (or manhwa), and even though I was tempted to read it critically because of all the fuss you’re making, I didn’t.
Here are just my thoughts, ole?

Quote:
It seems alot of the borders and waldenbooks don't have volume 3... that's odd considering when I goto the book store I see 1,2, and 3 all there and in borders only a bunch of copies of 3(I'm hoping 1,2 are sold out )
As a true manga lover, I set out to buy all three volumes, at Borders, but curiously enough they didn't have 1, only 2 and 3. I could still understand everything though.

Thoughts!
It took me reading until the end of volume 2 to realize what was so great about this Korean manga, and I was really starting to think you were overreacting, but turned out I was wrong. The plot twists around brilliantly, so that every turn of events serve a greater purpose for the basic plotline. This is especially true in volume 3, where all the minor incidents of the previous volume start to build up suspense into an intricate web of relationships and events that will leave you sitting at the edge of your chair in excitement.

Not as much mythology or intellectual content as I would’ve liked, or as I hoped from reading your first post, but I guess all the magic, martial arts, and mystery make up for it. The characters are charismatic, including some of the "enemies". Best of all, they’re highly original and thankfully escape the stereotypical anime roles that we otakus see repeated over and over, which bores me to death.
I also liked to see some significant female influence in the story. There’s nothing more satisfying than dominant female fighters in a martial arts story, and I was delighted at how Ran proved to be a great match for the male protagonist, and how the mother of demons’s amazing power prevailed during a major part of the last scenes.

This may seem trivial but the girls’ outfits were really cute somehow it means a lot to me

You already know how much I like Ghun…Yu-se was for a time my favorite…I was starting to like him a LOT until he starting going on about how
Spoiler:

So I definitely don’t like that side of him.
All things considered, Ghun is my favorite! She’s just really appealing to me…Now what exactly were you thinking of when you said there’s more to her than meets the eye?

Last edited by MikoKikyo; 2004-05-02 at 21:00. Reason: it's *mother* of demons ugh
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 21:15   Link #28
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo

Not as much mythology or intellectual content as I would’ve liked, or as I hoped from reading your first post, but I guess all the magic, martial arts, and mystery make up for it.

Yu-se was for a time my favorite…I was starting to like him a LOT until he starting going on about how
Spoiler:

So I definitely don’t like that side of him.
Nothing gets past your critical thinking! It's almost eery the way you analyze things so well .

Guilty as charged, this manwha won't make you rethink the way you think about life but it's "hella entertaining" as my friend would say. There's history value as some of the characters you see in the manwha are based off legends of the past. North Star among others plays a central role in the story's backbone as he founded Sa-Shin-Mu.

Your point about Yu-Se is very reasonable because he seems as though he's going off the deep end but considering

Spoiler:

wheww... that was a big rant about Yu Se.

Oh... and about Ghun I stand by what I said before "She's more than meets the eye" and no, I'm not going to tell you what because that would ruin one of the most fantastic scenes in the series!

I'm very glad everyone is enjoying this manwha as I haven't gotten one negative feedback about it. Feel free to discuss the manwha and ask questions as I will do my best to answer your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key
Straying a bit off the topic at hand, I think it's worth noting that there are 13 volumes out in Korea right now.
13! Crap! I need to go down to the korean rental place . I've only read till 12. Thanks for the update.

Last edited by Slade; 2004-05-02 at 21:55. Reason: I'm Sir-Edit-Alot for a reason
Old 2004-05-02, 21:27   Link #29
Key
s e m p i t e r n a l

Send a message via AIM to Key Send a message via MSN to Key
Straying a bit off the topic at hand, I think it's worth noting that there are 13 volumes out in Korea right now.
Old 2004-05-02, 21:50   Link #30
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Quote:
13! Crap! I need to go down to the korean rental place . I've only read till 12. Thanks for the update.

ownage....slade got updated.... lol

Old 2004-05-03, 06:40   Link #31
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Yu-se is very cool

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 13:01   Link #32
Secca
nya`
*Artist

wooooow, I like the arts!! ^^

It's from Korea, is it available in the US yet?
Old 2004-05-03, 13:08   Link #33
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
wooooow, I like the arts!! ^^

It's from Korea, is it available in the US yet?
Yup, upto volume 3 has been translated and up for purchase at Borders/Waldenbooks and Amazon.com.

Feel free to post your thoughts about it postive nor negative, I'm always looking for input about what others think.

Quote:
ownage....slade got updated.... lol
I also appreciate people updating me with info I myself might not be aware of .

Old 2004-05-03, 13:28   Link #34
Karala

I went to the local comic shop yesterday *cough* only one around that's 30 minutes away *cough* and I saw the 1st and 2nd volume there, they only had one copy of volumes 1 & 2, volume 2 was hiding in the wrong section too! And out of the many shelves of manga (or whatever you wanna call it) there were, I got both of them! I've never heard of it before, and then today I look and here's a thread on it ^__^

Great pics! *saves them to the desktop*

I thought it didn't look like a Japanese manga to start with, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were Korean, that's what I was thinking without even knowing anything about them O_o;

Last edited by Karala; 2004-05-03 at 13:45.
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 18:46   Link #35
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

well then...when will vol 3 be available other than walden and borders?

cause i bought my vol 2 somewhere else....and im getting vol 1 there...i donno if they got vol3....but if they didnt...i guess its cause sold only walden and borders..so when does it become available in other places?

and whats the prequel to NOW called?

Old 2004-05-03, 18:59   Link #36
Key
s e m p i t e r n a l

Send a message via AIM to Key Send a message via MSN to Key
Quote:

"Chun Rang Yul Jun." I dunno what it means though because they're written in Chinese characters. ^^; The first character is the one for "heaven" but it loses me after that.
Old 2004-05-03, 19:02   Link #37
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Quote:
well then...when will vol 3 be available other than walden and borders?

cause i bought my vol 2 somewhere else....and im getting vol 1 there...i donno if they got vol3....but if they didnt...i guess its cause sold only walden and borders..so when does it become available in other places?

I believe it should be avalible in other places around june or so but if you can't find it at stores you can buy it online at Amazon.com. They have people you can buy from fother people listed in the amazon directory for $6.95(factory sealed). I bought one of those back when I couldn't find a copy of vol 2 and it was in very good condition.

NOW VOL 3

The prequel of NOW doesn't have an american name and in Korean it's called "Chun Rang Yer Jehn". It deals with Rin&Ran's parents and is also a very good read.

Old 2004-05-03, 19:13   Link #38
acidblue
IchizokuKage

Send a message via MSN to acidblue
Smile

Spoiler:

I made this, its plain and what not, but I thought some of you might like it.

Text in top left says "Now"

Enjoy,
acidblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 19:18   Link #39
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Quote:
I believe it should be avalible in other places around june or so but if you can't find it at stores you can buy it online at Amazon.com. They have people you can buy from fother people listed in the amazon directory for $6.95(factory sealed). I bought one of those back when I couldn't find a copy of vol 2 and it was in very good condition.

NOW VOL 3

The prequel of NOW doesn't have an american name and in Korean it's called "Chun Rang Yer Jehn". It deals with Rin&Ran's parents and is also a very good read.
june?*dies*..

well then.."Chun Rang Yer Jehn" isnt licenced right? so the only way to get it translated....*looks at the computer*...*looks at the modem*...*looks at the computer*...IF THEY LICENCE IT! LOL....naw ill see if i can find it on the internet

acidblue: i dont see how top left says now...

Old 2004-05-03, 21:31   Link #40
Karala

For anyone that has read the original comic and the comicsone version, how faithful is translation into English?
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote