AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-23, 20:49   Link #1
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Naruto

I have heard a lot about this anime. From what I can see, it's fanboy craze is similar to that of DBZ [when it first came out].
I was debating with myself whether to watch this anime or not. Luckily, the first couple episodes of Naruto were shown at my school's weekly anime club.
I found it rather dull. It was interesting for the first ten minutes or so, then it got sorta boring. I don't know why, but it didn't click with me.
I have been urged to continue watching this anime by a few fanboys in my club. So here is my question.

What should I expect if I continue to watch this anime? Right now, the anime is trying action and comedy, but it's not doing either well. The long interruptions by the peanut gallery didn't help, either.
Please post seriously. If some obssessive fanboy posts something like "NARUTO IS THE BEST!," it won't help my choice any. Please offer things to back up your argument, for or against.
Old 2004-04-23, 21:03   Link #2
Evilbunny
Cave guardian

well, later on the series starts moving away from comedy and more towards action. There is a little comedy here and there, but it is not as predominant as it is in the first few episodes.

The fights are very magical and interesting in the begginning because you probably won't be able to guess what will happen during the fight. Then it will get insanly cool up to about episode 16/17, then very sad and then the arc will end. If you are not hooked by that arc, then you can stop watching it. Because then i don't know what will hook you.
Old 2004-04-23, 21:04   Link #3
Griffith

I almost didn't watch it because of the rabid following it has also. It isn't all mindless fighting like DBZ, there's a decent story in there too. It also gets more dramatic, especially towards episodes 15-20 if I remember right. The first 20 episodes were my favorite parts of the series but I've enjoyed watching every episode, though a few of the fights did drag on for a while, that seems to be stopping fortunately.
Old 2004-04-23, 21:10   Link #4
Sethi
StormRider

Well Naruto story is pretty much your regular shonen stuff, you have a guy that when he was a baby the last chief(Hokage) of the village used his body to seal one of the most powerful demons, the chief died in the process, so most of the villagers despise him completely because they think of him has the demon itself, the show basically revolves around Naruto trying for the villagers to acknowledge him, has he enters the ninja academy and joins with 2 more companions with their own dark past, learning more techniques gaining more strength and learning more about himself and the demon inside of him.
What makes this show enjoyable is that the story doesn't center ONLY on the main character but on the team has a whole, the secondary characters in the show also have very interesting stories and they are also shown to you at the proper time, but the factor in which Naruto truly is excellent is the fights, because of the almost infinite number of techniques(Illusions, summoning of beasts, element casting such has fire and water to down normal hand to hand fight, kunai's etc. and some characters have unique techniques to them), so almost all of them are excellent.
Since Naruto is a very long series i would advice you to see at least until episode 19 which is the end of the first story arc, at that moment if you dislike the show still then i don't think you will change your opinion

----------------- Your Wings Are Weeping -----------------
Old 2004-04-23, 21:30   Link #5
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Naruto anime is lame. I don't know why fans love this anime.
I see lots of Naruto stuffs sold on ebay.
And everyone says Naruto is the best.
Geezz.. i even see some fans put Naruto avatars in this forum and worst, their sig are all 'bout naruto too. Weird really.

BTW, you might meet my evil twin lurking on the Series Discussion Naruto Forum.
Don't look directly tru his eyes, you might caught the Naruto bug.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-25, 20:24   Link #6
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Just wondering, does the peanut gallery gradually disappear?