AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 16 53.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 23.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 6.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-11, 19:13   Link #41
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's the same as any Gundam VS game, everything is balanced regardless of original tech and whatnot.

I forgot to count how many times I beat Strike Gundam with lowly training GINN in UNION vs ZAFT for example.

What matter here is customization, do note that Sei use transparent plastic as ablative armor, allowing Strike to resist beam attack as well as light physical attack to a degree. Thus the scene with Marasai's cannon and X-Maoh's vulcan.

Mao: "The plastic has been reinforced too"
Old 2013-11-11, 20:29   Link #42
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
He mean Strike have Phase Shift = all physical attack = useless against it
( Strike without it's pack got direct hit in episode two without even getting a scratch...)
But even Justice lose to physical attack

So I guess they don't use 100% of Seed technology
(Or it could be unfair to other MS // same think in games like Gundam VS Gundam or Gundam Extreme VS)
IK what hes talking about, the thing is that this show completely disregards these show factors in the game due to balance

What determines armor is the plastic and whether or not its damaged or have been reinforced. Since this is Gunpla I would even go as far to say that they take paint jobs and topcoats into account
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 20:40   Link #43
Blazer-X

Wait a second... does that mean if we buy a metal build, we win by default?
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 20:46   Link #44
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ No, because they won't react to Minovsky Plavsky particles. Minimum you need polycaps/plastic joint, and even then there would be operational mass problem.

Also, ring out FTW.

(a metal shield or sword would be a fair game though)
Old 2013-11-11, 21:16   Link #45
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Since we saw GN-X in action, Trans-am must be possible!

Just got to overclock that GN Drive!

Interested if instead of Build Freedom, Sei makes a Build Impulse with the Impulse's ability to split into 3 parts for easier maintenance/repair.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 21:36   Link #46
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Interested if instead of Build Freedom, Sei makes a Build Impulse with the Impulse's ability to split into 3 parts for easier maintenance/repair.
Hmm, won't smaller parts would cause durability issues?

Would be funny if someone use Real grade models, high performance and mobility, but broke easily.
Old 2013-11-12, 00:25   Link #47
BoyTitan

Quote:
( Strike without it's pack got direct hit in episode two without even getting a scratch...)

(Or it could be unfair to other MS // same think in games like Gundam VS Gundam or Gundam Extreme VS)
I am not even considering the fact of phase shift armor its just shell based weaponry can only take you so far I am sorry but a rifle bullet should be easy as pie to dodge. His zaku is useing a freaking rifle and pistols. I am supposed to believe the build strike can dodge beam based weaponry then loose to the zaku amazing, His heat swords should get cut in half by beam blades and his shots be easy as pie to dodge model kits or not.
Old 2013-11-12, 01:30   Link #48
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
IK what hes talking about, the thing is that this show completely disregards these show factors in the game due to balance
If things like Phase Shift, Gundamium alloy (indestructible) and 00 armour were taken into account all of the models would be 00, Wing, and SEED.

Speaking of which are I-fields taken into account?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 01:39   Link #49
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
I am not even considering the fact of phase shift armor its just shell based weaponry can only take you so far I am sorry but a rifle bullet should be easy as pie to dodge. His zaku is useing a freaking rifle and pistols. I am supposed to believe the build strike can dodge beam based weaponry then loose to the zaku amazing, His heat swords should get cut in half by beam blades and his shots be easy as pie to dodge model kits or not.
You do know projectiles fired from firearms have insane velocity and firepower right? Heck in some ways they are even HARDER to dodge since you cant see them as opposed to a beam of light coming at you. Plenty of MS have demonstrated that they can be extremely effective (eg. Tallgeese, Freedom, and many suits found in the earlier UC timeline)

On top of this you have to factor in Yuuki's accuracy, 98 freaking %, thats insane, hes obviously leagues above the other competitors they fought in the qualifiers. Its zero surprise hes landing lots of hits (many which were at close/ point blank range too

Also the game factor all melee weapons as the same. Think about it, if the different types were treated differently then that INSTANTLY gives whoever chooses a beam based melee weapon an advantage over a Heat weapon (primarily found in old Zeon suits, which are quite popular Gunpla). Even in the shows heat weapons could stand up to beam weapons for some time

Once again, in this game everything seems to be balanced out other than the quality/build of the Gunpla, and the skills of the operator. Extremely simple and efficient

Everything here is quite believable.....once you get over the fact that this is a GAME with balance mechanics, not your normal Gundam series

@SoldierOf Darkness: We have seen zero suits in battle at this point which utilize I-fields, which are actually primarily limited to MA's and the rare MS (Unicorn being the standout example). I would suppose they balanced that out as well, otherwise everyone would be using it or GN fields/barriers of the sort
Old 2013-11-12, 01:41   Link #50
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Speaking of which are I-fields taken into account?
Yes

Victory Gundam in episode 5
Old 2013-11-12, 01:44   Link #51
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Yes

Doesn't seems to be invincible at all, as proven by Victory Gundam in episode 5
Actually Victory gundam utilizes beam shields, not an I-field
Old 2013-11-12, 01:45   Link #52
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

My mistake then
Old 2013-11-12, 03:00   Link #53
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
I went back to watch the fight to more properly respond over my earlier post justification of "game balance"

The Zaku amazing was shown to fire its rifle/cannon only 4 times throughout the whole fight, once at the start, twice midway, and a final time when they charged each other with the boosters

The first 3 shots were done when the Build Strike was standing still, each time after firing its long ranged weapons, so it was a sitting duck (first time after firing a charged rifle shot at the start, and the next two shots were consecutively placed after the Strike fired its pack cannons, the 2nd shot landing squarely enabling the third follow up shot)

The final shot either missed or caused no damage

All the pistol/revolver shots were either done in the flying around sequence, in which we have no way to tell whether they hit or not, or the grappling scenes, in which all the shots were point blank

So there you have it
Old 2013-11-12, 05:51   Link #54
s07195
Distracted

Wait, is the show 1 cour or 2 cour? I just realized that with next episode probably being the last for this tournament, Sei's halfway to his goal already.

s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 06:03   Link #55
NeutralZero

there's the world champ yet...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 06:09   Link #56
LAboy 456
Portuguese Anime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Wait, is the show 1 cour or 2 cour? I just realized that with next episode probably being the last for this tournament, Sei's halfway to his goal already.
Officially, it's not known yet - but there's an important clue: the Blu-Ray release in March 2014 (the first box is refered as Blu-ray BOX 1: http://www.sunrise-anime.jp/news/gundam-bf/?off=20, which means the show might be more than just 1 cour)

Besides, there's still a/the big thing coming on: the world tournament...
Old 2013-11-12, 06:44   Link #57
BoyTitan

I would just make a high mobility melee suit with a metal anti ship sword and metal shield the way beam shots are treated in this series perfect example dodging x maoh beam shot. Tank shot with shield close in and cut mobile suit in half simple enough.

Take ex-s gundam best variant slap on a anti ship sword coat it with some metal add a metal shield and you have the most op unit in this game.
Old 2013-11-12, 12:02   Link #58
Juke16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
You do know projectiles fired from firearms have insane velocity and firepower right? Heck in some ways they are even HARDER to dodge since you cant see them as opposed to a beam of light coming at you. Plenty of MS have demonstrated that they can be extremely effective (eg. Tallgeese, Freedom, and many suits found in the earlier UC timeline)

Um, I think quantum physics states that nothing can exceed the speed of light...
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 12:15   Link #59
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke16 View Post
Um, I think quantum physics states that nothing can exceed the speed of light...
I don't know how fast the beams fired by beam weapons travel compared to projectiles, but they certainly do not travel at the speed of light. If they do, you wouldn't be able to see those beams until they hit you.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 18:37   Link #60
Scorpiopt

Quote:

build strike does not have phase shift ( all evidence i have is the fact it does not gain any color during boot and being gray turned off like in seed universe )
Most likely there is no phase shift in gunpla builders universe or was removed due to balance reason's , same will probably happen with gundam alloy and e-carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke16 View Post
yet..
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote