AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-23, 22:16   Link #1
Patapi

Been Out of the Loop, need some suggestions

I've been away from fansubs and anime for about a year, and I have no idea what is out now or what anything is about. I haven't really watced anything yet except for the Raganarok animation, just cuz I am a Ragnarok addict

I am downloading, Full Metal Alchemist, Jubei-Chan 2 (I loved the first series), This ugly and Beautiful World, Monster, Tweeny Witches (although the copy I have is encoded HORRIBLY), Bakuretsu Tenshi.....that's all I can remember for right now

I really like anime like: Witch Hunter Robin, Bebop, Boogipop, Fruits Basket, And I like most magical girl anime, although I don't know why ex: Tokyo MewMew, Wedding Peach, CCS.

I hated: Angelic Layer, Any Sports anime, Any anime that looks like Slam Dunk or Fist Of the North Star. And Martial arts type anime (Street fighter and such)

So based on that info, what are some good ones being released currently?
Old 2004-04-23, 22:32   Link #2
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Do you like shojo? ^^

- Aishiteruze Baby
- Maria Sama ga Miteru

New Mahou Shojo:

- Pretty Cure

Tweeny Witches is like that, made by studio 4c who did animatrix, it's dark and different from the popular genre, not sure about encoding quality tho. ^^

Romance Comedy:

- Midori no Hibi
Old 2004-04-23, 23:27   Link #3
TronDD
Team the box!

I can't let you go without recommending Gunslinger Girl. It looks like a girls with guns action shoot-em-up, but it's not. It has some action but it's really a masterful illistration and exploration of ethics and emotions.
Old 2004-04-23, 23:46   Link #4
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
umm neko onegashi - studio ghibli latest movie
Old 2004-04-24, 16:46   Link #5
senti_MENTAL

Well, I'll pick up your shoujo liking and recommend Princess Tutu and Full Moon wo Sagashite; those two are the ONLY magical girl anime I've liked, and I really dislike the genre (Secca's Pretty Cure recommendation reminded me of the vomit-fest that it was. I simply hated it). Princess Tutu has recently been licensed though, so you have to wait a while. You can download Full Moon fansubs.
Old 2004-04-25, 01:16   Link #6
Patapi

Quote:
Originally Posted by senti_MENTAL
Well, I'll pick up your shoujo liking and recommend Princess Tutu and Full Moon wo Sagashite; those two are the ONLY magical girl anime I've liked, and I really dislike the genre (Secca's Pretty Cure recommendation reminded me of the vomit-fest that it was. I simply hated it). Princess Tutu has recently been licensed though, so you have to wait a while. You can download Full Moon fansubs.
Yeah I saw Full Moon, or most of it, I found it a little boring really.

Anyone have any suggestions for recently completed series or soon to be completed series I should look into? I kinda like having all the eps before I watch, takes away the angst of waiting for the next ep.

I should have waited until I got all of Jubei Chan 2 before I started watching it Now I must wait for the downloads to finish, Oh the pain!!
Old 2004-04-25, 02:52   Link #7
kamatari honjo

if you liked boogiepop you might like paranoia agent, same dark feel and same kind of story-telling by using multi-characters.

hmm haven't seen many magical girl shows around.

hard to come up with any from your like list for me, but i can recommend few that i like and wouldn't be in the catergory of what you hate.

hmm, in my opinion full metal panic: fumoffu is one of the best things to come out in the last year. i think can be seen independently of the first series, has nothing to do with mechs, just great comedy.

hmm, planetES is very good. a more realistic space anime with good characters and a nice blend of drama and comedy.

hmm, you like romance comedies, do you like romance stories? if you do kimi ga nozomu eien, but if you don't like every emotional stories its not for you.

those are my favorites from the last year that i dont think you would hate.

things other people of mentioned that are good:

aishiteruze baby, is crazy cute. about a womanizing guy taking care of a young girl.

things i just want to mention, but didn't want to suggest because its iffy.

unlicensed:

scrapped princess - fantasy setting, good pace, decent story.
uninhabited planet survive - ment for a younger audience, but ensnaring story, decent characters, a little slow.
bottle fairies - if you like cute things; this is about as cute as you get.

licensed:

wolf rain - more fantastic storyline (more fantasy, not better), same mood as bebop.
kaliedo star - girl joins something like circus/dance/ballet troop. very cute, but might be too sports anime like for you.
last exile - nice story good characters.
rod tv - excellent story, little slow to the meat of the story, but i liked the slow episodes as much as the meaty ones. it has good drama and action, but they aren't well intergrated.
Closed Thread