AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Old 2013-11-20, 05:16   Link #21
game2007

Someone from AP Forums said high heels were originally worn by men, but Dellinger still looks weird wearing them...

Last edited by game2007; 2013-11-20 at 05:18. Reason: adding more stuff
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 06:54   Link #22
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Prediction: Luffy goes balls of the walls and literally destroys the wall in front of him to get to Doflamingo. Just when he is about to take a step Zoro stops him saying that if he walks out of the Colosseum he'll be disqualified and he'll lose his chance to get the Mera Mera fruit. Zoro tells him he'll handle Doflamingo and Luffy barely contains himself.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 07:41   Link #23
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

aaahh!! LAW!! why you died??

and seems like finally Mugiwara's crews can coordinate together again....
the next chapter will be wilder and Luffy seems took some interest toward Rebecca

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 07:47   Link #24
animeisinteresting

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Prediction: Luffy goes balls of the walls and literally destroys the wall in front of him to get to Doflamingo. Just when he is about to take a step Zoro stops him saying that if he walks out of the Colosseum he'll be disqualified and he'll lose his chance to get the Mera Mera fruit. Zoro tells him he'll handle Doflamingo and Luffy barely contains himself.
And after that there will be a break till next year.
animeisinteresting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 08:26   Link #25
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'm not buying into Law being dead. 3 gunshots aren't enough to kill off these characters with ridiculous durability. That and we all know Oda doesn't like to kill off his characters unless he really has to for story progression/symbolism.

All in all, great chapter. And to be honest, I don't mind Oda taking a long break. He needs it and hopefully he'll be in better health by next year resulting in less breaks.
Old 2013-11-20, 09:55   Link #26
noktown

What's up with such a long break ?It's 2 freaking months...
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 10:12   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The break will only last a week. This week's issue was #52, the last one of the year. Issue #1 will come out next week, OP will be back right after that in issue #2.

Next chapter on December 4th.
Old 2013-11-20, 10:28   Link #28
TraffLaw4Ever

Send a message via AIM to TraffLaw4Ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm not buying into Law being dead. 3 gunshots aren't enough to kill off these characters with ridiculous durability. That and we all know Oda doesn't like to kill off his characters unless he really has to for story progression/symbolism.

All in all, great chapter. And to be honest, I don't mind Oda taking a long break. He needs it and hopefully he'll be in better health by next year resulting in less breaks.
I agree with you on all of it 100%. I mean going back too Alabasta Kohza survived getting shot 6 times for crying out loud and Pell survived that explosion and before that getting shot and earlier then that when Robin busted up his back. I also agree about Oda's health. That and he has I think two small kids now. He has too have some time for them too.
TraffLaw4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 12:11   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
Someone from AP Forums said high heels were originally worn by men, but Dellinger still looks weird wearing them...
It's not the heels that make him look weird, it's that he has woman's legs.
Old 2013-11-20, 12:32   Link #30
Dark_Ritual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Awesome chapter!

Nen was introduced around chapter 50, which should have been about the time of the millenium.
On the other hand, Haki was explained approximately three years ago. HxH has, in my eyes, one of the best fighting systems ever (very strategical, with nearly no unreasonable power ups by the good guys).
Haki has been shown in one piece right from the beginning, Shanks used it to scare away the giant fish, Garp using it to hurt Luffy(while calling it fist of love), Dragon touching smoker etc... What you should say is haki was formerly and clearly introduced not too long ago since the Strawhats are the main characters and they didn't know nothing about it so Oda wanted the readers to see from their perspective..
Dark_Ritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 12:40   Link #31
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Another break? It's damn well worth it! Awesome chapter...nice struggle there by Law, even if it's the last thing he ever does - I'll be probably the only one to think he's pretty much a dead man now, although he can escape death through various reasonable explanations- but the real cliffhanger for me is Luffy's position; will he really stay out of this one?

P.S: When Law used knife, all I was thinking was "you're doing it wrong!!!'
Old 2013-11-20, 13:10   Link #32
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Okay, less of a stroke being had knowing that it's just a week break instead of a break that lasts until January x_x

But still...damn you cliffhangers!!!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 13:21   Link #33
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriankhoo153 View Post
who is kora san??

Bad news, no OP till 2nd or 3rd week of January
I really don't know how I'm going to cope.

All I can say is that I hope Oda takes this time to get whatever out of his system, and then we have some uninterrupted story flow during the next year.

Edit: Seen Kanon's post, whew!

Last edited by philip72; 2013-11-20 at 13:23. Reason: I've been enlightened
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 13:54   Link #34
Sakuranbo
Kitsune Spy

Good chapter, Dellinger looks eh weird...high heels and hot pants, did he jump off the Newkama Ship?
Sakuranbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 14:08   Link #35
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ritual View Post
Haki has been shown in one piece right from the beginning, Shanks used it to scare away the giant fish, Garp using it to hurt Luffy(while calling it fist of love), Dragon touching smoker etc... What you should say is haki was formerly and clearly introduced not too long ago since the Strawhats are the main characters and they didn't know nothing about it so Oda wanted the readers to see from their perspective..
But the mechanics behind this supernatural powers were explained merely three years ago, so Shank's display of CoC doesn't accout for anything. HxH did it 10 years earlier and Shank's Haki burst could have also been some sort of killing intent like in other manga.
Furthermore, Dragon was touching the jutte not Smoker and the rest all happened years after the detailed explanation from HxH's system.
I'm not saying Oda copied it, but it's safe to assume, that he gained inspiration for his own system from his former roommate Togashi, who did his explanation way before him.

Another thing, I found interesting in 729: I really want to know, which one of the colosseum fighters is the Marine's target. Issho was sent by Akainu to deal with Law/Strawhat, which Fujitora didn't, when he had the chance. And now, Bastille and the other Marines have forgotten the name of their target(s) although the Strawhats weren't turned into toys.
Any thoughts?

Last edited by ri0; 2013-11-22 at 06:23.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 15:08   Link #36
NinjaRealist
Mako Mankanshoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But IMO, what's most interesting of all is Law's answer to Dofla when he asks him why he places so much trust in the Straw-Hats. Quoting Aohige's translation here:
Dragon vs Kaidou to end the arc in the most awesome way possible?

Make it happen Oda!
Old 2013-11-20, 15:20   Link #37
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
There are so many different ways in which the current scenario could play out, it's ridiculous. What I'm most excited about: Zorro and Doflamingo are standing almost next to each other. A small skirmish between the two could potentially happen within the next two chapters. If that were the case, though, Oda would need to be extremely careful about how he creates that fight. It would directly lead to more Sanji vs. Zorro comparisons, fans could go mental. What's also possible is that Luffy comes crashing through the wall and attacks the bad guy head on. I think it's not unlikely, because usually, when he is facing the main antagonist of an arc, there are multiple confrontations between the two, and Luffy loses the first of those in most cases. That was even true against Caesar, even though that guy turned out to be a joke in comparison to his opponent. So if it's really going to be the big showdown of Luffy vs Doflamingo at the end, this situation right here could serve very well as a sort of foreplay for that. But then again, would it be likely that Oda just takes Luffy out of the tournament? I don't think so. Maybe Fujitora interferes, or maybe Doflamingo just two- or threeshots Zorro and Kinemon before taking Caesar and flying off. Anyway, I can't wait for the next chapter. I think it's going to be the 9th of december, right, as in the next publishing year for Shonen Jump?
Old 2013-11-20, 15:44   Link #38
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
There are so many different ways in which the current scenario could play out, it's ridiculous.
Yeah, I thought so too! I'm also most interested, if there's a small intermezzo between Doflamingo and Zoro.
That's by far the thing I'm voting for. Finally an opponent, where he had to go all out.

What's also got to be taken into consideration is Issho's role. He clearly has no sympathies for Doflamingo and I somehow wait for the moment, a crucial information about the latter's doings is spread.

Damn good cliffhanger!
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 17:15   Link #39
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Like I mentioned some weeks ago: I really doubt, that the tournament is proceeding until the end.

Don't get me wrong, I already figured that the tournament would be interrupted. It's just I figured that Oda would wait until at least midway through the semifinals before that happened, though. Of course, there's still a chance that the tourney could still continue regardless, with Diamante entering the ring much sooner than expected (and that's still not counting wild cards like Burgess)......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's not the heels that make him look weird, it's that he has woman's legs.

Apparently, Dellinger even talks like a girl in the original Japanese, so I don't think the legs are the only thing to consider here. So I dunno, it really seems like he may be a gay dude, just not in the "okama" style that we've seen throughout the series so far.

Also, as much as it may annoy guys like James, I think this chapter pretty much guarantees that we'll get a Law flashback. Maybe "Kora-san" was a "D" that he knew in the past.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 17:51   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't know about him being a D but I'm pretty sure he was the former Heart seat. I doubt it's a coincidence that his name starts the same way as corazón (heart). Law was most likely a very close subordinate of his. Something obviously happened between Doffy and Cora, I'm guessing Cora was a nice guy who disagreed with Doffy at some point, and I wouldn't be surprised if this disagreement was related to Doffy's plan for seizing Dressrosa which you've got to admit was pretty goddamn underhanded.