AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 5 16.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 25.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 29.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 9.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-25, 20:57   Link #21
Raso

It is really only funny if they spoof it, IE Hinagiku in Hayate, there are plenty of insanely skilled kids in shows and play it completely straight faced... Conan in Detective Conan for one.

So far they are playing it completely straight.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 21:47   Link #22
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

For a show about model kits fighting in tournaments, it sure makes itself very dramatic. It's crazy. I wonder where they will go with all this.

Either way, this last episode was pretty good. Glad I decided to catch up when I did. I can tell things will get crazy now.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 23:44   Link #23
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
That beam-split was meh .
Also as you say all that Plavwanking is not interesting at all, seriously stop trying to apply science to impossible stuff .
I for one really like the partices its making the series different and making it more than a model kit advertisement great job after this episode my interest in this series has went up double.

But they way over did the child prodigy to much useless crap.

1 the 3 P.H.D thing is impossible period. 2 from personal experience being good at martial arts improving game skills near to that extent does not happen you might get some good spacial awareness that anyone who plays fighting games will already have but that is it You won't have a martial arts exclusive reaction time over other gamers period. 3 A black belt in judo seems wasted seeing it is a grappleing art thing they just pulled random martial arts out of a hat because he displayed no proficiency in judo actually the opposite or he would have hip tossed the tallgeese soon as it charged in. You can Judo throw some one with swords also Benny The Jet Urquidez Judo threw some one with boxing gloves on.

Actually if this was real life most people would be raging about this particle meta stuff I can just see the rage quit especially since the old guard of the game didn't use it lol.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-11-26 at 00:05.
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 00:15   Link #24
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Noticed the change of the ED and does that mean Kirara will return(YES!)?

And all the old farts(losers!!!) except Ral are replaced with the "new generation"/World Tournament participants.

I do wonder if Fellini is the only "old fart" that made it to the World Tournament? He was quite amazed at the full use of Plavsky particles. I haven't seen anything special about the Wing Fenice yet.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 00:48   Link #25
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
It's here!
SD Knight Gundam next episode! So excited over this..
Old 2013-11-26, 00:48   Link #26
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
2 from personal experience being good at martial arts improving game skills near to that extent does not happen you might get some good spacial awareness that anyone who plays fighting games will already have but that is it You won't have a martial arts exclusive reaction time over other gamers period. 3 A black belt in judo seems wasted seeing it is a grappleing art thing they just pulled random martial arts out of a hat because he displayed no proficiency in judo actually the opposite or he would have hip tossed the tallgeese soon as it charged in. You can Judo throw some one with swords also Benny The Jet Urquidez Judo threw some one with boxing gloves on.
This is not G Gundam. Nils knowing a certain martial arts does not mean that's how his gunpla will fight. And why are you talking about reaction time? Was that even a factor in this episode?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 01:06   Link #27
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nils applied footwork in the battle, notice how efficient he is in dodging.

I used to practice martial arts myself so I recognize that.

This is also the reason why heavy as fuck Zaku amazing can dodge beamspam, via aim dodge + calculated movement.

As for the particles Hax? One part I don't like that it's completely missing the point.

Wasn't scratchbuilding is the POINT of the fucking series?
Old 2013-11-26, 01:29   Link #28
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
As for the particles Hax? One part I don't like that it's completely missing the point.

Wasn't scratchbuilding is the POINT of the fucking series?
You're not wrong at all. Nils just customized his gunpla to be able to manipulate the particles. So I don't see how it's hax?

All on has to do is figure a way to counter him with a different build.
Old 2013-11-26, 03:23   Link #29
Skye629

I just realized the American dude looks nearly identical to Louise Halevy's superior officer who got chopped up by 00 Raiser in its debut battle at Lagrange 3 lol
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 04:09   Link #30
monster

Quote:

This is also the reason why heavy as fuck Zaku amazing can dodge beamspam, via aim dodge + calculated movement.
That still doesn't mean the gunpla has to use the battler's martial arts style to fight.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 04:14   Link #31
NeutralZero

if the bull is similar to the character in 00, is there any resemblance the former champ that got beaten quite badly to any prev. gundam character?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 06:13   Link #32
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:

Kawaguchi can do outright dodges as well.

Spoiler for See?:
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 06:25   Link #33
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
1 the 3 P.H.D thing is impossible period. 2 from personal experience being good at martial arts improving game skills near to that extent does not happen you might get some good spacial awareness that anyone who plays fighting games will already have but that is it You won't have a martial arts exclusive reaction time over other gamers period. 3 A black belt in judo seems wasted seeing it is a grappleing art thing they just pulled random martial arts out of a hat because he displayed no proficiency in judo actually the opposite or he would have hip tossed the tallgeese soon as it charged in. You can Judo throw some one with swords also Benny The Jet Urquidez Judo threw some one with boxing gloves on.
No, you can't. He has no foothold when being tackled, and the forward force from the Tallgeese make it really hard to do any back throw or hip throw (I assumed you was talking about Hikikomi-gaeshi, right?). Try to do that while being push floating forward. You need at least one foot on the ground if you want to do that. That's why he tried to slow down the push with his swords, but Graco made sure he doesn't have time to regain his stand.

Also, all Japanese martial arts have one thing in common, and that's footwork. He displayed his skill in that part. You have to take into account that it's not purely the joint/muscle that doing the movement, but the gunpla's thruster as well, which is something human don't have. You can't just blindly apply martial arts into this.
Old 2013-11-26, 06:41   Link #34
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Don't forget that it's set on the moon

Environment counts, thus the colony leakage and underwater testing.
Old 2013-11-26, 07:16   Link #35
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Don't forget that it's set on the moon
I guess it is, the Moon has less than Earth's gravity, so Nils would have a harder time gaining ground, and Judo requires a solid base.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 07:39   Link #36
Gundamx

Kawaguchi new MS have horn..... Unicorn custom?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 07:53   Link #37
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Kawaguchi new MS have horn..... Unicorn custom?
The Kampfer already had a horn in its design long before Unicorn.

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 08:22   Link #38
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Just watched ep 8. Hmm...things are getting a bit more serious now seeing how many factions want to get the secret of Plavsky particles. Brightman's comment in the previous page is spot on. This episodes feels like how all the countries in the world want a piece of Gundams and GN Drives in Gundam 00. I guess PPSE has been solidified as this anime's Kaiba Corporation (a corporation who uses certain high-tech only on toys) with other corporations/factions eager to get their hands on the "secret formula". Well, it's not so surprising considering GBF already established their own version of "Yugi Mutou & Yami Yugi" in Sei & Reiji.

Oh, and the fights are good. Jegan-fans probably overwhelmed with joy after watching this episode . And yeah, Aila's suit looks weird. Aside from (possibly) enhancing her "cyber-newtype" abilities, maybe she wants to hide her face by wearing that helmet?

Anyway, next episode is Beargguy III & SD Knight Gundam's debut?? Can't wait!
Old 2013-11-26, 11:14   Link #39
Juke16

Not sure if I'm the only one who thinks this, but does Aila remind anyone of Soma Peries from 00?
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 12:06   Link #40
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ For me, characters like her are so common that I can't really put my fingers on who she reminded me of. I guess she's just an archetype of a silent, cold & calculating lass. Oh, and Aila's smirk of confidence certainly doesn't remind me of Soma's almost-always stoic expression . I do admit that Aila has Soma's looks and the way she got introduced to that old fart is a bit similar to Soma's first introduction to Sergei.