AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 5 16.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 25.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 29.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 9.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-27, 23:39   Link #61
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
This is very off-topic but can I assume that you also liked 00: A wakening of the Trailblazer?
Yes. I hate the direction S2 was going, but at least they got back to their track from S1 with the movie.

Quote:
The Tallgeese was already commented to be heavily armoured and with the skills of its builder and probable high quality painting, I'm not surprised it was unscathed.
Yet its hands got cut-off easily. Keeping the old way forever is never a good thing. Like how people are amazed at Sei integrated metal inside the shield and the rifle to enhance its quality, or Yuuki's way of using reactive armor from tank model to reinforce his Zaku, to Mao's Plavsky Particle manipulation prevent him from getting paralyzed by the Aspalus (PP manipulation isn't the new thing, though. He learned that from his master, and that old man is the head of the whole school).

The Tallgeese isn't new. It's the same as last year, or just an enhance version from the information page Felini looked at. Not a scratch build, since it's basically a repaint Tallgeese with the 1/100 gun from Tallgeese III. His lost is almost guaranteed. That Kaiser guy could be the same. His kit has no noticeable change from the appearance.
Old 2013-11-28, 00:04   Link #62
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Yes. I hate the direction S2 was going, but at least they got back to their track from S1 with the movie.

Yet its hands got cut-off easily. Keeping the old way forever is never a good thing. Like how people are amazed at Sei integrated metal inside the shield and the rifle to enhance its quality, or Yuuki's way of using reactive armor from tank model to reinforce his Zaku, to Mao's Plavsky Particle manipulation prevent him from getting paralyzed by the Aspalus (PP manipulation isn't the new thing, though. He learned that from his master, and that old man is the head of the whole school).

The Tallgeese isn't new. It's the same as last year, or just an enhance version from the information page Felini looked at. Not a scratch build, since it's basically a repaint Tallgeese with the 1/100 gun from Tallgeese III. His lost is almost guaranteed. That Kaiser guy could be the same. His kit has no noticeable change from the appearance.
It probably is upgraded somewhat though

Presumably it uses parts from the 1/144 NG Tallgeese for the head and shield, while the rest comes from the HG 1/144 EW Tallgeese III (most recent Tallgeese 1/144 model, even then its about 13 years outdated), then put together with modifications to properly fit the parts and add in quality and articulation
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 00:05   Link #63
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I don't have many knowledge about model kit building, though. From what I heard scratch build is different to kitbash, right? As in scratch build mean building part on your own, and kitbash as in slapping part from different kit together?
Old 2013-11-28, 00:09   Link #64
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I don't have many knowledge about model kit building, though. From what I heard scratch build is different to kitbash, right? As in scratch build mean building part on your own, and kitbash as in slapping part from different kit together?
You are correct ^^, the in-between of that is modding, in which you use the original parts and materials such metal parts, epoxy putty, polystyrene plates (plastic plates), etc for a better/custom effect
Old 2013-11-28, 00:25   Link #65
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Any Gunpla that performs about the same as the MS it was modeled after can't touch the "new generation".
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 00:36   Link #66
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I do like the design on Astray the most so far
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 00:38   Link #67
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Any Gunpla that performs about the same as the MS it was modeled after can't touch the "new generation".
Well, yeah. If you notice, most of the losing Gunpla since the beginning of the show are just those with little to non customization. The only exceptions are Aila in the Jegan (which is glorious), Reiji in the Ball, which are for displaying the different between player's skill.

I really hope that GM Sniper is for Mihoshi. Mihoshi and the GM both need some love, too.
Old 2013-11-28, 01:06   Link #68
molitar

I hate Nil and his awful attitude! Why they have to bring such a jerk into this show! All he wants to do is win to do corporate sabotage instead of properly researching the particles! He doesn't even enjoy what he does and ruins the game for everyone!

Secondly the beam splitting with swords and that last move that drains the particles from the opponent what a cheat move! Should be banned if it was an actual Gundam it's not powered by particles and he would not have been able to cheat like he did to win! I hate him and his cheating cocky ways.

I think he is a cheater probably bounded some sort of plastic like maybe mixed in graphite or that! I would not put it past him cheating! Blade to Blade and his just happens to not get damaged and cut through his opponents??? That just screams out cheating in my book! Special Weapon my ass more like Special Cheat! Blocks all particles from reaching the opponent! What a damn cheater! That is why he has no pride and walks away like an ass he knows he cheated!
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 01:28   Link #69
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
I hate Nil and his awful attitude! Why they have to bring such a jerk into this show! All he wants to do is win to do corporate sabotage instead of properly researching the particles! He doesn't even enjoy what he does and ruins the game for everyone!

Secondly the beam splitting with swords and that last move that drains the particles from the opponent what a cheat move! Should be banned if it was an actual Gundam it's not powered by particles and he would not have been able to cheat like he did to win! I hate him and his cheating cocky ways.

I think he is a cheater probably bounded some sort of plastic like maybe mixed in graphite or that! I would not put it past him cheating! Blade to Blade and his just happens to not get damaged and cut through his opponents??? That just screams out cheating in my book! Special Weapon my ass more like Special Cheat! Blocks all particles from reaching the opponent! What a damn cheater! That is why he has no pride and walks away like an ass he knows he cheated!
Eh well... Sure he's a bit of a douche but that aside manipulating the Plavsky Particles to produce new and unpredictable effects isn't really new. As Duo said Mao has already learned it from his master. This would mean firing the Satellite Cannon using Plavsky particles instead of the microwave from the moon is cheating. Heck even Sei is researching a way to use the particles too. Try to check out the new Build Strike model Bandai recently released and you'll see what I mean. I bet we'll see more of these players taking advantage of the particles in the world tournament. As Fellini said it'll be the new generation taking down the old.
Old 2013-11-28, 02:14   Link #70
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Is this another "tales of my ass"? Where did he say he want to sabotage? There are 4 people who don't enjoy Gunpla battle, and 1 of them just recently discover the joy of battling (I'm putting my faith in Mihoshi, but until it's confirmed, I won't include her). It's only the first appearance of Nils, and people are already rage?

Graco did talk big, and he lost, fair and square.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Nils actually respect his opponent, that's why he did his research about Graco, and decided to use his best kit for the match. People keep being confused his attitude with his genuine question when he asks Graco why does he still trying when he's clearly lost. Being an Go player, it always pissed me off seeing people who are clearly lost but keep on trying in hope to see their opponent make a mistake, so I sort of understand Nils' reason for asking such question.
Old 2013-11-28, 03:43   Link #71
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

You know, I wonder what people thought about Reiji disappearing into thin air in episode 2 when they cry out how this episode shows the Gunpla being "mystical" and such. Why didn't they cry foul then?

The almighty particle in Gundam has always been a constant in the franchise, from Minovsky Particles that allow everything from levitation to beam shields to GN Particles that can promote telepathy. And mystical powers aren't new to Gundam either: the EXAM system works through a newtype's SOUL, while Zeta had souls of the dead to provide combat assists, and those are in the Universal Century setting, which is most often lauded for its 'realism'! And of course, G Gundam running entirely on rule of cool.

Compared to such feats, what Nils did in this episode is actually quite trivial, which is simply using Plavsky particles to perform and enhance attacks. Also, consider the properties of Plavsky Particles as established in the first 7 episodes:

- Can create objects with mass out of thin air; said objects can be manipulated like physical objects.
- Can manipulate certain physical objects to move, like Gunpla plastic.
- Can create energy constructs that can physically interact with real objects, like beams.
- Can create illusions of damage (see how many of the Gunpla that are supposedly sliced apart by beam sabers and other objects simply end up having polycaps and parts popped off instead of outright melted).

Put such incredible abilities of the Plavsky particle in mind, and you can pretty much imagine that someone with knowledge to manipulate them can perform rather nice feats with them: the sword slash wave can be construed as a programmed energy attack no different from beam weapons in principle, just appearing differently.

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 03:49   Link #72
NeutralZero

since I field became usable through pp
then it can be also done with PS armor
hyper mode, trans am or NTD seems more possible now than ever...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 03:57   Link #73
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Indeed, too easy.

Both Victory gundam and G-savior had their beam shield by default. So we can assume 00 machines can generate GN field as well.
Old 2013-11-28, 03:59   Link #74
monster

Yeah, so far the Plavsky Particles still seem within the norm of Gundam tech, although it might be better if some limitations were revealed later in the series. Right now, a strong fighter is still necessary. But if there were no limitation to the effect of the Plavsky Particles (which I'm almost certain there will be), it will just take a strong builder, and not even a superior fighter may have a chance.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 04:09   Link #75
LoweGear
Kuso Teitoku
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Yeah, so far the Plavsky Particles still seem within the norm of Gundam tech, although it might be better if some limitations were revealed later in the series. Right now, a strong fighter is still necessary. But if there were no limitation to the effect of the Plavsky Particles (which I'm almost certain there will be), it will just take a strong builder, and not even a superior fighter may have a chance.
Actually strong fighters are still required as shown: that's the entire point of Aila owning the Devil Gundam using only a Jegan afterall. Nils is just a good fighter in addition to being a good builder (he did get into the national finals using only a custom Hyaku Shiki).

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 04:14   Link #76
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

This might be the reason why Sei has difficulty in creating plavsky hax on his own

Most people are builder in addition to a fighter. One need to understood both sides of viewpoint to manipulate plavsky.
Old 2013-11-28, 04:17   Link #77
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Easy way around that: build a Gundam that's a two-seater so he and Reiji both participate in battle?
Old 2013-11-28, 04:22   Link #78
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Easy way around that: build a Gundam that's a two-seater so he and Reiji both participate in battle?
Take a linked-control suit and stick an ace and a completely unskilled pilot into the cockpit

Yup, great idea
Old 2013-11-28, 04:26   Link #79
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Umm, wasn't that basically how they fight anyway?

Sei is basically doubles as Weapon System Officer.
Old 2013-11-28, 04:45   Link #80
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Actually strong fighters are still required as shown: that's the entire point of Aila owning the Devil Gundam using only a Jegan afterall. Nils is just a good fighter in addition to being a good builder (he did get into the national finals using only a custom Hyaku Shiki).
Well, actually, that's what I was referring to. Would the Jegan be able to defeat the Devil Gundam had the latter have its full capability through the use of Plavsky Particles?

In that case, is a superior fighter enough to offset what can be achieved with the Plavsky particles? I'm hoping we'll know the answer to that.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote