AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 4 16.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 28.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 16.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 8.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-30, 16:57   Link #21
zibi88

I wonder when Tatenashi or Madoka will join the run for ichika at the ending ^^ 2episodes and Kanzashi is running... and Tatenashi holds solid for 9eps and no space for her there yet... but current chapter points a slight possibility she will joing the jog :P
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 17:14   Link #22
kampfer91

Nope , Tatenashi won't join , but she makes sure she will troll everyone .

I do hope that the author can make Ichika a little bit stronger , i mean , his IS really can't defeat everyone with that sword which rapidly drain energy and can't cut through enemy weapon , and hell , Tanabe admits that his IS response to his feeling ( and still make him useless ) , i wonder if other ISs are the same , Akatsubaki indeed evolves itself according to Houki 's wish , but it is generation 4 IS ....

Imotou-chan definition : the one who won't hand over her onii-sama to any woman .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 22:39   Link #23
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Okay, just finished the episode. Wait a second...
Spoiler:
Uh yeah... seems like it. Extremely disappointed with this episode. It felt really rushed and they cut out a ton... Ichika flies off and then a couple seconds later gets tossed back... you see Houki get caught in Tatenashi's explosion and then just magically show up later. They also skipped the whole resolution on Ichika betraying Kanzashi's trust by working with her sister that caused her to run off and hide in the first place. The only thing they actually resolved was her inferiority complex.

And what do we get by rushing this... more drawn out filler and a possibly a couple rushed episodes for the 8th novel (which is far, far inferior to the 7th they just blitzed through). And the novel about the race was imo a lot better than the 8th one which they decided to skip everything except the epilogue. The pacing in the first season was soooooo much better.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 03:32   Link #24
monir
cho~ kakkoii

So when exactly would have these teachers intervened? After the students were dead? I understand Orimura sensei has too much of a nice hiney to engage in a fight, but at times I wish she would just put on a suit and go out there.... and do something.

This was a strange episode. Ichika is as useless as ever.
Old 2013-12-01, 03:58   Link #25
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
So when exactly would have these teachers intervened? After the students were dead? I understand Orimura sensei has too much of a nice hiney to engage in a fight, but at times I wish she would just put on a suit and go out there.... and do something.

If I had to make a less-than-educated guess, a certain team of senior students that appeared in Season 1 gets disbanded for being unable to take care of the first Golem attack.

Following the path the anime is going to, there are NO other Personal unit owners aside from Ichika and co. and they're supposedly the only line of defence the Academy has against threats.

There are no "teachers" to intervene. Only two whom seemed competent enough to warn the students, even though they did practically nothing aside from that.

Their "defense" team consists of a platoon of nothing.

Even the novel mentioned of other Personal unit owners. This one just makes it seem there's only 8 competent students out of the entire school, most of them being first-years.

I'd give it a 4, but since I'm pleased by the action scenes, I'll raise a 6.
Old 2013-12-01, 14:50   Link #26
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

That depends if we have LN8, that is the only time when we see Chifuyu in action.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 14:58   Link #27
DGDCOne

So funny how she thought Ichika says he loves her but it's anime instead.:P
Old 2013-12-01, 17:24   Link #28
DiscoJacen

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
That depends if we have LN8, that is the only time when we see Chifuyu in action.
Considering the LN8 is basically
Spoiler for :
I can easily imagine them "adapting" it into 1 or 2 episodes in this season.
DiscoJacen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 18:22   Link #29
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoJacen View Post
Considering the LN8 is basically
Spoiler for :
I can easily imagine them "adapting" it into 1 or 2 episodes in this season.
Fixed that for you
Old 2013-12-02, 04:22   Link #30
DarkJak2050

Even though it's from the Light Novels, I'm overall disappointed by it...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 04:55   Link #31
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
If I had to make a less-than-educated guess, a certain team of senior students that appeared in Season 1 gets disbanded for being unable to take care of the first Golem attack.

Following the path the anime is going to, there are NO other Personal unit owners aside from Ichika and co. and they're supposedly the only line of defence the Academy has against threats.

There are no "teachers" to intervene. Only two whom seemed competent enough to warn the students, even though they did practically nothing aside from that.

Their "defense" team consists of a platoon of nothing.

Even the novel mentioned of other Personal unit owners. This one just makes it seem there's only 8 competent students out of the entire school, most of them being first-years.

I'd give it a 4, but since I'm pleased by the action scenes, I'll raise a 6.
It's frustrating to watch this series to say the least. Why don't they just stick to fanservice instead of trying to come back to any semblance of story? The story doesn't make sense at any time. Just stick to fanservice. I sure hope this season would be it for Infinite Stratos.
Old 2013-12-02, 10:21   Link #32
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
It's frustrating to watch this series to say the least. Why don't they just stick to fanservice instead of trying to come back to any semblance of story? The story doesn't make sense at any time. Just stick to fanservice. I sure hope this season would be it for Infinite Stratos.
The fanservice is the reason I am getting turned off, when the story of Infinite Stratos could have been so much better, season 1 wasn't bad, but this one....oh boy. It was Tatenashi and Kanzashi that saved season 2, and NOT the other girls.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 10:25   Link #33
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Or, they could just have made Madoka into an Yander Imouto.

Which she already did.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 10:31   Link #34
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Tatenashi is the reason I am getting turned off, when the story of Infinite Stratos could have been so much better, season 1 wasn't bad, but this one....oh boy. It was Kanzashi that saved season 2, and NOT the other girls.
Fixed that for me

This is probably the last time I'll give high score
Old 2013-12-03, 02:21   Link #35
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

If this is all build up for a Chifuyu-end, I'll gladly suffer through it. XD But yeah, at this point, it looks as if she's using the school and it's resources as her own private army against 'the unknown enemy' ( ). At this point, I'll gladly accept an original ending if I get to see either Carbon Fiber or ... 'something else'
Old 2013-12-04, 15:16   Link #36
Preciize
Them Feels~

Good episode, I'm glad everything turned out okay Got scared for a second when Tatenashi got stabbed. Is she actually immortal? Cause I dunno how someone would've survived that :S

Anyways, I hope Chifuyu does do something in the last few episodes. Been waiting so long to see her in action
Old 2013-12-08, 10:43   Link #37
Guido

This is what I was talking about, an action-packed episode laced with introspect drama.

The highlight moment, unquestionably, was Kanzashi drifting with Tatenashi and Ichika in the subspace to make her realize she isn't worthless but can do something on her own to protect her friends.

Chifuyu from her lines must have an intuition of what the enemy is after and what are they up to.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote