AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 37 46.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 21.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 5.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 8.86%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-12-05, 13:32   Link #81
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
The one time I can't watch the livestream in a while and this happens. Not forming any real opinions until I see it for myself however Haruto confessing after everything goes to shit is beyond stupid. I really hope the writers aren't going for pity points there.
I'm in a similar pickle because CR is holding the show back and I'll probably be at work before it put up

I'm surprised by what I'm reading about Shouko here and not surprised. It sounds like a case of bad reaction (blind rage) and thinking she was doing the best for greater amount of students. The latter is a newbie mistake, because she should have realized they'd just turn on them but blind rage and hurt can mess up people and we're can't forget Shouko is just a teenager thrown into a power situation. The fact that Satomi seems to be a alive and with the remaining kids makes me think that Shouko could be redeemed. I have a strong feeling the kids will all turn on her as soon as they realize they're on the run and the ramifications of what she did. Satomi is most likely going to jump her case as well because his sister is a pilot because of her. I'd almost bet Shouko didn't think about Akira all that much in the heat of the moment. Then there's the situation that Shouko is going to have to deal with the realization of what she just did on top of all of this. If there isn't something else at work here (stray thought I'll bring up later), and she really isn't a heartless person and I don't think she really is, then she's going to realize what she's done and have to live with it. I theorize after it's calmed down enough for the rest of the pilots to catch up to the shuttle, Satomi will be in charge and let them back on. Then Haurto and L Elf will then deal with the aftermath with Shouko. Note - I'm not even talking some sort of shipping scenario here. I can compartmentalize main story plot from any romantic possibilities scenarios. Tossing Shouko out a airlock wouldn't make me happy from a overall plot take on this show. They've spent a lot of time creating her character to just toss her away at this point. Dealing with her bad decisions makes better drama. However, there is one caveat to this and it takes me back to my comment earlier

Spoiler for speculation on something about Shouko:

Now these are all preliminary thoughts. I've not seen the show yet because of CR holding it up. So I most likely going to change my mind after viewing it. Also, just because I can split up main plot from romance doesn't mean I don't enjoy couples. I don't think I'd rule out Shoku yet, though Haruto and her may be quickly leaving the building as a option. I do think L Elf potentially has a chance of reading her a riot act when they meet up again and because of his background he may not be quite as p*ssed off at her as even we the viewers are (what she did has a logic to it, even if many viewers would have realized she was walking into a trap by doing it).
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 13:35   Link #82
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

So this episode could be titled
Spoiler for spoiler:
?
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 13:36   Link #83
mangakid95
Ghost Team has Maniac. :p

Quote:
The funny thing is I had doubts about using the term "counter point" but sadly it seems like it was spot on.
Yes it was spot on.

Also, I don't blame her. Being in a leadership position, that was the correct decision. However, since all these people know her personally, it felt like she betrayed them. I see some posts calling her a bitch or the worst, etc...

Its not like she had any alternatives, this was just dropped onto her lap in one fell swoop. Being completely honest here, I would've done the same.

EDIT: Even if she did walk into a trap, I still wouldn't blame her for what she did. Considering that massive info dump she just got coupled with the pressure ARUS was exerting on her, she was bound to shit this up anyway you look at it.
Old 2013-12-05, 13:44   Link #84
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
I guess...this is the tipping point...and the start of haruto descent to darkness, Thanks to shoko betrayal...maybe becoming emperor of kamitsuki, accepting kamitsuki curse and the start revolution helped by the royalist of dorsia and the start of war between kamitsuki and magius that span over hundred of year into saki future and also the beginning of galactic empire third reich?
Spoiler for Assumption:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 13:45   Link #85
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

It's kinda similar to what happened in episode 11.
Old 2013-12-05, 13:49   Link #86
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
EDIT: Even if she did walk into a trap, I still wouldn't blame her for what she did. Considering that massive info dump she just got coupled with the pressure ARUS was exerting on her, she was bound to shit this up anyway you look at it.
Excellent point. In another thread it mentioned she did defend Haruto when he came back alive as well, so see this with subtitles (or just seeing it at all in my case) could help in allowing us to see how she really is reacting here. Also, the only thing that would bring a real meh out of me is if she doesn't have to suffer some for her bad decision and I'm hoping the writers don't drop the ball on that (I can't see Satomi alone allowing for that after S1).

Fricking CR! It's going to be 10PM CT by the time I get this viewed earliest
Old 2013-12-05, 13:53   Link #87
Key Board
Donut

Shoko made an emotional decision
but really, think about it. She made a deal with a country that just ordered the slaughter of many students
..which are clearly NOT reviving from the dead, so they weren't even justified to began with.
Old 2013-12-05, 13:56   Link #88
Faerie
10% but stupid as toast

Oh wow, Shoko. (Emotional first reactions below)

Spoiler for Shoko in a nutshell:

Spoiler for other reactions:
Old 2013-12-05, 13:56   Link #89
finalfury
Incognito

Why am I shivering?
This Episode holy hell.
Kyuuma ;_;
R.I.P man you can now join Aina on the other side. T.T
Despite me loving Asami Seto's voice, I was never fond of Shoko and now I know why. -____-
EDIT: It was because of her random antics that made no logical sense I guess.
Figured that Satomi wouldn't abandon Akira and considering the relationship he and Takahi have, I'm glad to see them on board.
Old 2013-12-05, 14:03   Link #90
Faerie
10% but stupid as toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
Excellent point. In another thread it mentioned she did defend Haruto when he came back alive as well, so see this with subtitles (or just seeing it at all in my case) could help in allowing us to see how she really is reacting here. Also, the only thing that would bring a real meh out of me is if she doesn't have to suffer some for her bad decision and I'm hoping the writers don't drop the ball on that (I can't see Satomi alone allowing for that after S1).

Fricking CR! It's going to be 10PM CT by the time I get this viewed earliest

She did? If she did, I completely missed it. (It's possible, I was pretty shocked at that point)
Spoiler for episode:
Old 2013-12-05, 14:29   Link #91
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!

Why Shoko? JUST WHHHYYYYY!!!!! You were awesome during the beginning of the show, just whyyy!!!! Kyuuma T_T... This feeling is like back when I'm watching Guilty Crown when I despise all the student who betrayed Shu. I can't believe that Shoko is now one of these character... I'm extremely disappointed in you. My sympathy is toward the Kamitsuki, fucking human(Human in the anime)...
Old 2013-12-05, 14:36   Link #92
Faerie
10% but stupid as toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Why Shoko? JUST WHHHYYYYY!!!!! You were awesome during the beginning of the show, just whyyy!!!! Kyuuma T_T... This feeling is like back when I'm watching Guilty Crown when I despise all the student who betrayed Shu. I can't believe that Shoko is now one of these character... I'm extremely disappointed in you. My sympathy is toward the Kamitsuki, fucking human(Human in the anime)...
But wait! Not all humans are bad! There's Satomi and Takahi! :>
Old 2013-12-05, 14:42   Link #93
LightDragonman

Man, Shouko seems to have lost a lot of sympathy points. Not to mention the death if Kyuuma.

So now L-Elf and Haruto, like Saki, are in the custody of Dorssia. Wonder how the three will escape?
LightDragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 14:44   Link #94
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
But wait! Not all humans are bad! There's Satomi and Takahi! :>
And Kibukawa sensei :/

Like seriously I get these are high schoolers and all that but damm, did they mess up and mess up big.

Takahi, Saki, and Akira are my top favorite currently alive female characters at the moment.
Old 2013-12-05, 14:49   Link #95
~BC~

Satomi and Takahi have been building up their mettle in battle during the recon mission so that comparison to Shoko really doesn't work for a number of reasons. And there are three episodes left to throw their characters under the bus.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 14:50   Link #96
Key Board
Donut

refresh my memory

who has possession of unit-1 right now?
Old 2013-12-05, 14:52   Link #97
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
refresh my memory

Module 77 IIRC

If anyone else had it, Kyuuma senpai would have gotten it back.

Liseolotte and Marie both had 1 episode to themselves and they handled it faaaar better than Shouko did in this one. :/
She does feel remorse for Kyuuma senpai and he doesn't have any hatred for them betraying the Kamitsuki. ;_;
Old 2013-12-05, 14:53   Link #98
Raxnom
煉獄

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
refresh my memory

With Kamitsuki and co.
Old 2013-12-05, 14:53   Link #99
Faerie
10% but stupid as toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
And Kibukawa sensei :/

Like seriously I get these are high schoolers and all that but damm, did they mess up and mess up big.
Oh, dang, forgot about him! The other teacher, too...and the crew on Satomi's shuttle, I guess. The rest can go get lost though

See, I can sort of, maybe not excuse, but be a tiny bit more lenient with the overall student body- a bunch of them were probably just busy running for their lives, like Otamaya and his gang. They weren't plotting anything awful.
But the people in leadership positions or who took action against the kamitsuki and were spreading chaos, oh heck no. It really bothers me that Kyuuma died to save that lot. Ugh.
Old 2013-12-05, 14:55   Link #100
MeggieMay

Quote:
Satomi and Takahi have been building up their mettle in battle during the recon mission so that comparison to Shoko really doesn't work for a number of reasons. And there are three episodes left to throw their characters under the bus.
Well not Satomi because we know he's with the other side in the future. Reading all the threads, I think the fact the two groups (Valvrave and crew and the Shouko and the kids) being separated is part of what the problem is going on at the moment. They've been split up for quite a while before the trip to earth when you start to think about it. I also am wondering if we ever did learn why Shouko ran away as a kid? I think we may be missing an important part of her backstory at this point that would play into her reaction to what is going on. Still, Satomi and Takahi went with Shouko's group, so whatever is going on is pretty fluid at the moment (i.e. the "sides" aren't really clear to anyone in the show).

Tags
crush under the bus