AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2013-11-27, 02:53   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 656 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 02:55   Link #2
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I call it: Heel Face Door Slam.

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 03:09   Link #3
The Small One

Strange chapter.
In the beginning I didn't really get what was going on, because every panel showed a different scene and the later part was strange story wise.

So Obito was preparing a resurection technique… but who was it, that he wanted to ressurect?
Then black Zetsu took over to ressurect Madara instead. Which is totally stupid IMHO.
As Edo-Tensei Madara is much more powerful, isn't he?
He can't be hurt and has unlimited chakra. Now that he is alive, those advantages are gone and he gains nothing significant in exchange.
And how did he break free? Just becoming alive again shouldn't really change anything concerning his immobilized position.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 03:56   Link #4
ImperialFlameGod8190

Well that was weird on one hand thank you madara for killing obito before he revived everyone on the other hand why did u revive in reality that's a bit dumb.
On the final part glad the bijuu are fighting to help naruto and the scene with shukaku and gaara was funny
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 03:59   Link #5
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

would had been it better if madara were a zombie? does it require a real body to absorb the bijuu?
Old 2013-11-27, 05:43   Link #6
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Strange chapter.
In the beginning I didn't really get what was going on, because every panel showed a different scene and the later part was strange story wise.

So Obito was preparing a resurection technique… but who was it, that he wanted to ressurect?
Then black Zetsu took over to ressurect Madara instead. Which is totally stupid IMHO.
As Edo-Tensei Madara is much more powerful, isn't he?
He can't be hurt and has unlimited chakra. Now that he is alive, those advantages are gone and he gains nothing significant in exchange.
And how did he break free? Just becoming alive again shouldn't really change anything concerning his immobilized position.
If Madara is alive, then he can become the bijuu of the Juubi. Which pretty much makes him god. Plus, even if he's alive, Madara has near unlimited chakra to begin with, and the Rinnegan.

I really didn't like where this chapter was going at first. Obito pulling a Nagato would have been the most retarded thing period. Luckily, Black Zetsu finally showed his true purpose. It's a nice turn of events.
Old 2013-11-27, 06:44   Link #7
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

tell me the pros and cons of transferring a unkillable edo-tensei'ed body to a human body
Old 2013-11-27, 06:59   Link #8
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Questions, since I am confused. It's been seen that a person can't summon something that's sealed away (Madara trying to summon Kuruma but failing since it's still sealed inside of Naruto). So how can Madara summon GM when it's still sealed in Obito?

Another question. Is GM the same a bijuu? If it is. Then once the host dies, the sealed being will temporarily die as well. So how can Madara summon something that's "dead"?

It's been stated that for the Juubi to be resurrected you need at least some chakra from the other tailed beasts. But Since B and Naruto took the eight's and Kuruma's chakra back from Obito/GM. How can Madara become the juubis host when he doesn't have those two chakras?

How can Madara even seal all those bijuus inside of himself all alone. When in the past it took so many people and some days to seal away just one bijju?

It's been stated that the tree stopped evolving after Obito lost the bijuus. So how can Madara make the tree continue without the bijuus chakra (Juubi)?

I am really confused!
Old 2013-11-27, 08:52   Link #9
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-So Obito was trying to resurrect Neji and some random-ass cannon fodder that died recently. Though I fail to understand how a quick sacrifice is more of a punishment than years of atoning for your crimes, but then again Obito was never one to think like a sane person. Thankfully Madara cancelled that order and trolled everyone by becoming a living person again. Good show Madara.
Old 2013-11-27, 09:08   Link #10
Hoodspirit

I'm confused as well,
particularly in these points: Why did Madara claim to be stronger now just by becoming alive?
And second, why was he revived at the battlefield, shouldn't he be revived as old man at the location of his real corpse and not in the body of a total stranger?

"Verfallen wir nicht in den Fehler, bei jedem Andersmeinenden entweder an seinem Verstand oder an seinem guten Willen zu zweifeln." Otto von Bismarck
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 09:09   Link #11
Hiking_Bear

The odds are kind of stacked against Madara. Hashirama, alone, is a match for him. But, to go up against the rest of the former and current kages, Naruto, Sasuke, and all of the tailed beasts, is just too one-sided. I think Madara would have been killed more than once already if he weren't in his Edo Tensei form.

I suspect that Madara will find a way to get the flower to bloom and start the Infinite Tsukuyomi. It might involve the Gedo Mazo statue somehow. Then, Sasuke and Naruto and the tailed beasts will work together to break free from the Tsukuyomi, blah blah blah, teamwork, yadda yadda yadda, friendship.
Old 2013-11-27, 09:29   Link #12
ranchan13

Thank God Madara trolled us on that. A simple resurrection of all the dead would have made this feel WAY too much like the Pain arc. Neji's dead, ALL dead. Leave him that way. His death was pointless, it was sudden, it's the kind of death that should happen in war. Ergo, it was the most believable death in the series. Neji died for nothing. Thank you Madara for leaving him dead. Despite starting with the same-old BS we've had for nearly a year, this has been the best chapter in a long while. It's the first time in a long time that something seems permanent in the series.

Now, let's kill Madara, make Naruto Hokage, and end the series.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 09:46   Link #13
Sinedd

Send a message via AIM to Sinedd Send a message via Yahoo to Sinedd Send a message via Skype™ to Sinedd
Obito wanted to revive Nagato (Pain). He's probably dead now, Black Zetsu is the last member of Akatsuki and Madara is back, in flesh and bones.
It's highly to see him as a Jinchūriki. Can't wait! Madara as a Jinchūriki, woaw!
Sinedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 09:56   Link #14
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Kabuto said he made him past his prime. What happens now when he's in a new body?

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 10:30   Link #15
shalala

TBH I'm annoyed that Obito died like that given given all hat he has done so far. 1 tail looks looks to also be a tsundere :P still nice to see that s/he is helping Garra. I would like it if Fifth Mizukage was able to convince Goku to team up with her. Seeing how it would match up with her justus. Also poor Kakashi he was unable to get his bf other eye.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 10:48   Link #16
The Green One

The final boss has now appeared.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 11:09   Link #17
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
TBH I'm annoyed that Obito died like that given given all hat he has done so far.
obito's reveal was horrible from start to finish. none of it made sense up until the bitter end. essentially committing suicide is a much easier route than living a life making up for what he did. he was basically convinced by naruto to change with less of a reason than nagato had. at least nagato had the jiraiya angle and the fact that he was being used and never really had his own ideology to begin with. what was obito's reason for changing so drastically? just because?

also narutism is just all over the place. people who have never even met are becoming friends and allies simply because they both know naruto... this is way out of hand. everyone should just sacrifice themselves and add their souls to naruto's. he's apparently the only person who matters anymore

i'm curious to know if madara still has wood power. if not, then he's really at a disadvantage now and has to act quickly or he's toast. we'll probably get the IT soon. also, i'm surprised edo-hashi won that fight. that's pretty crazy actually
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 11:29   Link #18
Casshern

This is disappointing. Edo Madara with the rinnegan and mokuton, still lost to Hashirama. I bet he'll absorb the bijuu next, and together with the rinnegan and mokuton, still lose to Hashirama. Are these guys supposed to be equal according to Kishi? They should just keep edo Hashirama around forever, since he can stop war forever on his own. Everybody can just go home.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 11:41   Link #19
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
obito's reveal was horrible from start to finish. none of it made sense up until the bitter end. essentially committing suicide is a much easier route than living a life making up for what he did. he was basically convinced by naruto to change with less of a reason than nagato had. at least nagato had the jiraiya angle and the fact that he was being used and never really had his own ideology to begin with. what was obito's reason for changing so drastically? just because?

also narutism is just all over the place. people who have never even met are becoming friends and allies simply because they both know naruto... this is way out of hand. everyone should just sacrifice themselves and add their souls to naruto's. he's apparently the only person who matters anymore

i'm curious to know if madara still has wood power. if not, then he's really at a disadvantage now and has to act quickly or he's toast. we'll probably get the IT soon. also, i'm surprised edo-hashi won that fight. that's pretty crazy actually
Yes hashirama is a near absolute beast. Alas, the only thing he can't do is sealing jutsu :face palm: where is mito when you need her lol

Time for the totsuka blade...
Old 2013-11-27, 11:46   Link #20
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
I suspect that Madara will find a way to get the flower to bloom and start the Infinite Tsukuyomi. It might involve the Gedo Mazo statue somehow.
I thought the tree was the statute...

Okay chapter. More or less what I expected. Hopefully next chapter will feature some action again (or at least something more than the current level of uninspired claptrap).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote