AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters ~Refrain~ - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 15 39.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 31.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 21.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-12-08, 14:03   Link #41
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Key Magic explains everything...ever...duuuuhhh!

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 14:17   Link #42
Haak
Forever Alone...

This is definitely one of the better episodes that I was hoping for. I didn't think much of Masato's episode and whilst I did like Kengo's episode, I didn't like some aspects of it. This, however, was one of those inoffensive episodes that I was able to enjoy throughout, without anything getting in the way. It's funny because this is now the third time in a week that I've seen an episode summarize past events to give the full perspective of a character. First it was Kyoukai no Kanata (very good episode), then it was White Album 2 (excellent episode) and now this (also very good). Weird coincidence.
Old 2013-12-08, 15:38   Link #43
Deathscyther

9.3/10. This was definitely the best episode so far. When the second season started, I never expected them to use an entire episode to animate this part of the story, but now I'm glad that they decided to do it. I'm expecting the coming episodes to be even better than this one.

I really liked the way the episode summarized everything that happened so far from Kyousuke's point of view. It was about time we learned more about his feelings and his reasoning for the things he did. The episode managed to convey just how much it pained Kyousuke to put Riki and Rin through all those sad things. He hated doing it, but he decided that he'd do anything to help them grow, because he won't be able to protect them any longer when this is over. It was all or nothing. He's fighting for them in the real world as well. Respect for the guy.

I liked the visual effects that were used throughout the episode. The scene where you see the destroyed items of the girls (Komari's picture book, Mio's umbrella, etc) in the real world is really heartbreaking as well.

So while most of the mysteries have been solved for the viewers, Riki and Rin are still completely in the dark. It's kind of sad when you think about it. Riki managed to help Rin and together they have succeeded at getting the Little Busters back together. They must be thinking about the happy times that are coming, while despair is the only thing waiting for them.
Old 2013-12-08, 19:10   Link #44
Julio C

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
As an anime only viewer, I was left confused quite a bit. How was I supposed to figure out that the rest of the girls died in that accident? I thought Kyousuke was the one that died in that accident, and Riki and Rin have to live with that reality. Maybe I wasn't paying attention too much. I need to re-watch that episode once more.
Old 2013-12-08, 19:19   Link #45
Wigwams

I think there was just 1 line from kyousuke that mentioned about he recruited the girls who shared the same fate as them... from my understanding... the others are dead, while kyousuke is reaching the end... only riki and rin are probably spared.
Old 2013-12-08, 19:37   Link #46
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yes, Kyousuke basically said he chose other people that shared his fate and still had unresolved issues to help in making the two stronger.

Old 2013-12-08, 19:41   Link #47
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
It's not really a (big) spoiler, but it should be explained in the next episode so just hold on for another week
Thx, can't wait for next week, but
will it also show whether we have ever seen the prime universe before EP 10?

Thinking back to clannad we first saw the Prime universe before any other... well on the other hand...they never did as many timelapses there...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 20:30   Link #48
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Thx, can't wait for next week, but
will it also show whether we have ever seen the prime universe before EP 10?

Thinking back to clannad we first saw the Prime universe before any other... well on the other hand...they never did as many timelapses there...
No, the first episode was already in the other world (never stated but implied).

Old 2013-12-09, 03:26   Link #49
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
As an anime only viewer, I was left confused quite a bit. How was I supposed to figure out that the rest of the girls died in that accident?
Because Kyousuke practically flat out states they were on the same bus with him?
Because the anime goes to great lengths of showing the girls' items among the debris?

Not to mention their whole departure scenes.

Well, Komari is still there. I wonder why she hasn't appeared. I know she wants to watch, but what exactly is holding her back from spending a bit more time with Rin?
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 11:36   Link #50
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
Well, Komari is still there. I wonder why she hasn't appeared. I know she wants to watch, but what exactly is holding her back from spending a bit more time with Rin?
Kyousuke might have felt that Rin was relying too much on Komari, and so he might have discouraged Komari from getting directly involved in the latest time-loop. However, Komari's feelings for Rin are very strong, so she wants to watch over Rin and hopefully see Rin grow stronger/mature before she goes bye-bye.
Old 2013-12-09, 20:39   Link #51
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

That instrumental version of "Haruka Kanata" still kills me every time I hear it.

Aw, jeez, Komari. Don't make me like you now. Not after all the horrible things I've said about you That was such a great moment, to make it clear that she wasn't just playing along with Kyosuke's plan, but really has come to love Rin.

While I don't think there were any big surprises (though I have the benefit of having played through the girls' normal routes from the VN, so I may have picked up on some stuff there) there were a ton of enlightening clarifications. I was a little heartbroken to learn that Riki and Rin are indeed the only survivors after all. I knew Kyosuke was done for, and I actually thought that he was already a ghost, but I was holding on to the hope that he was the sole tragedy for Riki and Rin to face up to.

I've seen enough Key shows to know that "because Key" is sometimes the only explanation I'll get on the mechanics of the magical realism in play, and I've made peace with that. I'm invested, and ready to be broken next week. DO YOUR WORST, LITTLE BUSTERS.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 00:03   Link #52
Julio C

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Because Kyousuke practically flat out states they were on the same bus with him?
Because the anime goes to great lengths of showing the girls' items among the debris?

Yeah, I think was paying too much attention to the subtitles when they showed that, and the CR translation wasn't accurate perhaps? I watched it 3 times now, and I got a much better understand.

I hope the next episode captivates me like Clannad or Kanon, I still don't feel sad for the characters to the same extent as those other key shows.
Old 2013-12-10, 00:14   Link #53
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

Well, now that the majority of spoilers are out of the bag, I'm curious to know how many anime-only watchers here noticed this clever visual cue at the start of every time loop:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It was repeated a grand total of 7 times in the anime, yet I saw little to no mention of it by anime-only watchers in the episode threads.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Zettai Shougeki: Platonic Heart
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1993 OVA)
Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu!
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 01:08   Link #54
Cakeisgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Actually wait I thought about this a bit.
Was this really a class trip?!

I mean Kyousuke is not in their class, in fact he should be a grade above them as he was already looking for work/a college place
So why the heck was he in the bus if it was a class trip?
I may not be too knowledgeable about this, but I believe that during the school excursion the explosion happened, etc.. It says that regardless to Kyousuke being a year older, would still hang out with them. I don't think I was really helpful, but I understand the anticipation of wanting more knowledge. Wait until the next episode!
Cakeisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 01:13   Link #55
Cakeisgood

Quote:

I think it might be that Kyousuke made her realize that she couldn't keep depending on Komari, or that he wasn't in a condition to where the artificial world would remain for much longer.
Cakeisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 02:50   Link #56
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Well, now that the majority of spoilers are out of the bag, I'm curious to know how many anime-only watchers here noticed this clever visual cue at the start of every time loop:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It was repeated a grand total of 7 times in the anime, yet I saw little to no mention of it by anime-only watchers in the episode threads.
Yes I noticed that. I kept it in mind, though I didn't jump to any definite conclusions until episode 22, where Kyousuke has a talk with Kud.
A loop was the first thing that came to mind, combined with the date being shadowed out on the clock after his attacks, but I thought it was weird that some things still seemed to carry over, though I never knew how far the world was rolled back each time anyway.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 21:11   Link #57
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I hope the next episode captivates me like Clannad or Kanon, I still don't feel sad for the characters to the same extent as those other key shows.
It did for me and many others in the game, so I hope they do it justice! I don't want to set our expectations too high but. Without spoiling the other shows, scenes in the next episode will be on par with the flower field and the promise scene.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 09:18   Link #58
viperdk1
Heart = Stolen

Godammnitkeystopmakingmecry. It's done it before with Clannad and Air and now this.

As an anime-only viewer, I wasn't overly enamoured with the whole flashback scene at first, but as time went through the episode and things became clearer with Kyousuke's purpose, I realised it made perfect sense.

Bring on the last few episodes - I know I won't be disappointed after the 36 we've had before them.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 22:30   Link #59
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
OMG NOOOO Brosuke. I can't believe you're maintaining an entire world throughout literally infinite iterations while on your last legs while bleeding from everywhere and trying to plug a gas leak with yourself when I can't even properly follow a few anime this season. he does look like a goner from what he intends to do but this is Key yo.

I thought the first half of the episode was okay; suffered too much from exposition syndrome but the last part was spectacular. And come to think about it, even bringing up the bus in Rin's arc did seem to make sure that there was a lot of foreshadowing in the story and that this story at least has some form of logical cohesion to its more fantastical elements, which isn't perfect but honestly a Key plot that actually makes any kind of sense is already pretty surprising.

I admit, I never imagined this show would surprise me like this.

Good cliffhanger as well; we'll just see what happens!
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 11:20   Link #60
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Godammnitkeystopmakingmecry. It's done it before with Clannad and Air and now this.

As an anime-only viewer, I wasn't overly enamoured with the whole flashback scene at first, but as time went through the episode and things became clearer with Kyousuke's purpose, I realised it made perfect sense.

Bring on the last few episodes - I know I won't be disappointed after the 36 we've had before them.
You forgot to mention Angel Beats - Clannad , Air and Little Busters was written by Jun Maeda, who also wrote Angel Beats, and there seems to be similar themes in all his works.
Spoiler for Angel Beats Spoilers, but then again, it's Maeda:

Also, the mechanics of each of Maeda's worlds (the Key Magic in other words) seems to be more and more better defined with each show.

Alot of the "Key Magic" is very much Jun Maeda's doing, from what I can tell.

If there's one thing I was slightly disappointed about this episode, it was JC Staff not showing the worst of Haruka's bad end.

Spoiler for VN Comparison, Haruka Bad End spoilers:

Then again, it might have actually made Kyousuke look irredeemably evil, and they were trying to redeem Kyousuke here anyway.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote