AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 19 46.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 26.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 21.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-12-09, 10:21   Link #21
Bgunit

I bet in the team event reiji sei nils Ricardo and Mao will be a team
Bgunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 10:26   Link #22
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Images
And this is why I said that the helmet has to go
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, took someone else pointing it out for me to realize, but the Star Build Strike's abilities are pretty much inspired by the Gundam Stargazer, including how the particles look like in action. Even the placement of the yellow "stars" on its back with the particles coming out of it is reminiscent of how the Stargazer appears.

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 10:35   Link #23
Blazer-X

So Star Build Strike PROBABLY charges his wings by absorbing beam attacks, from what it seems.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 10:39   Link #24
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

More like plavsky ramjet for me

Wings for agility, gate thing for brute speed
Old 2013-12-09, 10:42   Link #25
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Images
And this is why I said that the helmet has to go
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, took someone else pointing it out for me to realize, but the Star Build Strike's abilities are pretty much inspired by the Gundam Stargazer, including how the particles look like in action. Even the placement of the yellow "stars" on its back with the particles coming out of it is reminiscent of how the Stargazer appears.
It's pretty much running off all light effect stuff from Gundam series, the wings flapped in the same way V2's did, other shots it looked like Destiny's, and then there were the moonlight butterfly angles taking out those funnels... Generated from 'universe booster' Meme reference has gotta be intended.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 10:50   Link #26
FlavoryFantasy
┬──┬╯︵ /(.□. \)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Also, something to consider from this episode: Fellini WON his block despite suffering from a hangover. Imagine how much better a fighter he'll be sober.
Winning drunk at Gunpla, I really can't wait to see his fights actually animated. Heck from the preview, his Fenice has a damn motorcycle?! Fellini is so damn awesome.

More Mihoshi is great, but damn how i love her purple hair more than her Kirara hair.

Star Build Strike is one sexy machine. It's already a tough opponent even without the whole wings of light mode activating. Good job to Sei for coming up (well okay Kousaka for inspiration) with that for his gunpla to use. Where the hell is his dad? I want to see him give some comments on his son's work. Surely he could take a break from traveling to attend this tournament.

Aila already showing emotion, and she is cute as hell. That smile, HNNNNNNNNNNGH.
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 11:42   Link #27
quagmire

I'm enjoying this show more than I thought I would. This episode was great. Star Build Strike was amazing.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 12:04   Link #28
Vsin
Aldracity

I swear, Build Fighters is proof that when content creators (of any genre) just say "Screw precedent, I'm making my own cool stuff!" they end up putting out really good work despite ditching what came before.

Something, something, souls bound by gravity?
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 12:08   Link #29
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
I swear, Build Fighters is proof that when content creators (of any genre) just say "Screw precedent, I'm making my own cool stuff!" they end up putting out really good work despite ditching what came before.

Something, something, souls bound by gravity?
Infinite Stratos prove otherwise...

But honestly, Build Fighters doesn't even try too hard to make things intense, they let the story flow as it is and drama just come to take a visit naturally.

Unlike other toyetic series.
Old 2013-12-09, 13:12   Link #30
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

So a screencap from this episode presents an interesting scenario ahead:

The 6th period in the Tournaments is a 3 vs 3 team battle. Makes you wonder which ones will team up eh...

Old 2013-12-09, 13:16   Link #31
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Always wanted to say this after every episode but just been too lazy: Gundam has never been so bloody epic.

As a series that builds on the reputation of the entire franchise spanning all those years, this definitely lived up to all the expectation except political ideology, which I am willing to exchange for all these win.
Words can't describe how awesome this series has been.
AOTYAY.
  • That BGM (Based Hayashi Yuuki, doing God's work here and in Legal High).
  • That SAKUGA.
  • That choreography/storyboard
  • That ケンカップル (best type couple imo)
  • That Ral attempt to NTR Mama (no)~ (C85 plz).
  • That V2 Wings of Light/Moonlight Butterfly(?)/NTD(?)/Voiture Lumiere (all my *HHHNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG* *MAXIMUM nosebleed eye-gasm ahegao*)
    BANDAI: BEHOLD! THIS IS THE FULL EXTEND OF MY POWER! NONE CAN RESIST ME! ALL WILL BUY MY GUNPLA!
    ME: *assumes worship posture"

Holy mother that propulsion system's so hax that it's beyond particle speed.
Look forward to Discharge Rifle and Aqua mode
And finally!
  • That Aila!

I don't even remember the last time I have the urge to go "MAI WAIFU" at a character. So much win!

Can I give this episode a score beyond 10?!?

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2013-12-09 at 13:26.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 14:16   Link #32
Skye629

Episode Review:

Excellent!

- Many great and unexpected MS cameos, we also get to see the Geymalk, man I love that suit (and Throne Zwei with GN particles lol)
- Fellini meeting and betraying everyone's expectations LOL, then winning with a hangover
- AILLLAAAAAAA <3, this episode was pure win for her
- Rivalry over a meat bun, ok that works
- Star Build Strike was much better than I expected, totally a seller for the kids
- Cant wait too see what different match types they have in store

9/10
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 14:16   Link #33
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Was Kirara wearing Wang Liu Mei's dress?
Old 2013-12-09, 14:52   Link #34
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Holy s***, Aila went Super Duper Ultra Hyper Moe Mode on us. Definitely didn't see that one coming.

She now makes the second Gundam female character who I could truly call "My Waifu." (though Build Fighters isn't exactly mainstream Gundam.....) The first was Liu Mei. First season 00, mind you. (in the second season they made her face too masculine for God knows whatever reason)

Lots more cameos including plenty of ones who we never thought we'd see again, and all getting their fair share of action. Beautiful.

Seriously, how the heck did they manage to make this so much better than the usual Gundam?!
Old 2013-12-09, 15:04   Link #35
Gundamx

By usual Gundam you mean Age right?
than it's normal for it to be better than usual Gundam...

Joking aside ( after all I like Age.....most of it....half of it ?)
It's gundam fan service show = anyone who like gundam will like it

don't to mention they didn't make same mistake as Age part one = aiming it only for kids show
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 15:17   Link #36
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

AGE wasn't aimed to be a kids-only show, it was aimed to be appealing to all ages, families in particular.
Old 2013-12-09, 15:34   Link #37
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
AGE wasn't aimed to be a kids-only show, it was aimed to be appealing to all ages, families in particular.
Ages main issue was 1 the pacing 2 The who made wrote it never wrote a anime just video games which have a much different pacing. 3 Kio sorry but god did I want him to just die towards the end.

Honestly the ova battle between Dark hound and Legalis showed how good that series could of been.

Honestly unicorn is far better at gundam fan service than this. Sorry but to many of the battles have been fan service at a absurd level model kits or not at least in Unicorn the old suits shine but they don't completely dominate. Plus this whole series 00 and G gundam units have been given the fodder treatment. I have yet to see one U.C. unit get rolf stomped except Alpha but we never even saw the battle.
Old 2013-12-09, 15:40   Link #38
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... way to come off as a UC elitist, dude.
Old 2013-12-09, 15:49   Link #39
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
I have yet to see one U.C. unit get rolf stomped except Alpha but we never even saw the battle.
UC suits in this show has been pretty even. The Zaku F2, Geara Doga, Gunblastor, Mesalla, The-O (which never even got to fight) and Geymalk in the recent episode, the Hambrabi being defeated by Build Strike Full Package, the former World Champion's Alpha Aziel, the Gyan Gya Gyan being defeated, the Gerbera Tetra getting destroyed by the Build Booster etc. For every UC unit that has won in Build Fighters, there are more that got defeated quite handily if you look past the AU stomps.

Old 2013-12-09, 16:29   Link #40
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Ages main issue was 1 the pacing 2 The who made wrote it never wrote a anime just video games which have a much different pacing. 3 Kio sorry but god did I want him to just die towards the end.

Honestly the ova battle between Dark hound and Legalis showed how good that series could of been.

Honestly unicorn is far better at gundam fan service than this. Sorry but to many of the battles have been fan service at a absurd level model kits or not at least in Unicorn the old suits shine but they don't completely dominate. Plus this whole series 00 and G gundam units have been given the fodder treatment. I have yet to see one U.C. unit get rolf stomped except Alpha but we never even saw the battle.
Its somewhat better in terms of UC FANSERVICE, you have to remember that this show have to balance more fanservice from MOST of the existing series

There have also been plenty of UC suits which have been stomped so far, I think you need to go back and watch the fights more closely
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote