AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-12-11, 09:15   Link #81
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

They showed the cups and Ace's grave! It must be Ace! Oh wait, it showed Whitebeard's grave as well! So maybe it is actually Whitebeard, who came back from the dead. Or when Akainu destroyed half of Whitebeard's face, the piece of his beard went flying and the pure manliness that resides in Whitebeard's stache made it come to life. Makes perfect sense.
Old 2013-12-11, 09:27   Link #82
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!

Sabo being alive was very predictable but having all these events occurring is epic.
Old 2013-12-11, 09:59   Link #83
janipani

Burgess thinks he is going to face Luffy, but he gets ass whipping from big brother instead.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 10:02   Link #84
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
What makes you think that at the time Dragon met with Luffy he knew about his connection with Sabo? Not only that but they barely had any interaction at all back then.

And it looks like Sabo really wants the Mera Mera (hope it's for himself and not someone else in the Revolutionaries). I'm fine with Sabo getting the fruit , though I kind of wanted Rebecca to get it, as long as he'll be the one using it.
Because Sabo probably talked about his hometown and his best friends and more then likely wanted to get back to them...

Luffy has had zero interaction with Dragon as far as he knows. Dragon's just like Ging from HxH only Luffy doesn't give a crap about him where as Gon reveres his father.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 10:08   Link #85
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Some things are bothering me about this chapter.
One thing is: Why wasn't Sabo's face shown?

Wait..... are you telling me that comics use such a thing like..... SUSPENSE FOR DRAMATIC PURPOSES!??? Well, I never....!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 10:43   Link #86
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazkoom View Post
This seems to be aligning very well with the orders that Doflamingo dictated in Dresrossa. That is, toys should go back to the factory every night and must not anyone of the people be outside of their homes at night. Which is apparently the time of her sleep.
But IMHO it doesn't make much sense. If the people really regain their memories, when the DF-user is unconscious, then they should remember their missing people every night. And why should they still follow Doffy's orders, if they remember what has been done to them?

And what is with toys that don't follow the orders? Toy soldier doesn't seem to be someone who goes back every night, just to be turned into a toy again.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 10:58   Link #87
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Sleeping and being knocked unconscious are two completely different things, the brain works differently in the two cases. It's reasonable to assume that the act of sleeping does not break the effects of devil fruits while being unconscious might cancel effects either on others or even on the user.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 12:28   Link #88
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and all are equal, but...

1. Where is this "Ace being alive" talk coming from?
2. Why did you think Sabo was dead in the first place, that you're so surprised he is "alive" and part of the revolutionaries?
3. Why is Bon Clays name popping up... really?

It feels like some people lack imagination. Wasn't it was obvious Sabo was part of the revolutionaries when Dragon showed up?

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 12:47   Link #89
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke2007 View Post

2. Why did you think Sabo was dead in the first place, that you're so surprised he is "alive" and part of the revolutionaries?

It feels like some people lack imagination. Wasn't it was obvious Sabo was part of the revolutionaries when Dragon showed up?
Honestly I just didn't think a 10/11(?)year old boy in a small boat made of wood could survive a blast like that.
Old 2013-12-11, 12:53   Link #90
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I thought the common consensus was that Sabo was Doflamingo?
As if their ages alone (Sabo being 22 and Doflamingo being 41) weren't enough of an indicator to tell otherwise .

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Burgess thinks he is going to face Luffy, but he gets ass whipping from big brother instead.
I'm thinking Burgess vs. Sabo (if it does happen) will end in a draw. Oda's not going to make a yonkou division commander look bad, and conversely he won't make the long-anticipated revolutionary Sabo look bad either.
Old 2013-12-11, 13:47   Link #91
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
3. Why is Bon Clays name popping up... really?
Some people failed to understand the concept that a person can disguise himself as another without having some kind of supernatural shapeshifting abilities. Like for example...using their clothing and fake beard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Honestly I just didn't think a 10/11(?)year old boy in a small boat made of wood could survive a blast like that.
Don't apply real world logic here or you'll have to do the same with everything else that happens in the series...we've seen pretty fatal things just "knock people out"...it's like pokemon sometimes.

Plus, Oda showed us Dragon rescuing someone soon after for a reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
As if their ages alone (Sabo being 22 and Doflamingo being 41) weren't enough of an indicator to tell otherwise .
Marvel was being sarcastic.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 13:53   Link #92
chidorimen

Welp guess there's no getting off this hype train...
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 14:03   Link #93
Burden

The big question is what'll happen with the Mera Mera?
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 15:21   Link #94
bartoletti17
The JoKer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
That's what I was wondering, I thought it was Bon Clay, not Sabo
very probably he is Sabo ( to notice the sake's bottle and the smalls glasses in front of the ace's grave) maybe it was simply disguised, when luffy go out from the colosseum, Sabo take the luffy's disguise
bartoletti17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 15:22   Link #95
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Marvel was being sarcastic.

Pretty sure that BDK was already aware of that. Still, it truly does amuse me to see how many people are in denial about Sabo, even now......

Also, with all the excitement over the rest of the chapter, I nearly forgot about the ministory! So it looks like it's finally reached the end. Caribou sacrificed himself to X Drake for the old granny and is (presumably) on his way to meet Kaidou in order to receive punishment for destroying his territory. Will his knowledge of mermaid island's ancient weapon truly save him from certain doom? Only time will tell....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 15:33   Link #96
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

The surprise was that Granny knew from the beginning that Caribou was not her Grandson.
Old 2013-12-11, 16:19   Link #97
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Not all opinions are equal.

It's interesting how people can think that its likelier for Ace to be alive rather than Sabo.
Old 2013-12-11, 16:22   Link #98
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Still, it truly does amuse me to see how many people are in denial about Sabo, even now.......
This.

Sabo confirmed.
Old 2013-12-11, 18:34   Link #99
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Sabo and Koala are in revolutionary army??!! oh my.... Jinbei will be overjoyed if he looked at Koala now
I'm under the assumption he already knows. I mean she a fishman karate master and Jinbei is the best karate master there. Also as someone else pointed out, the Fishman Hack was talking to someone over a den-den mushi; not had to believe that he is koala's teacher and a member of the revolutionaries. And Hack is a known friend of Jinbei. Seems hard to believe that koala would learn fishman karate WITHOUT meeting up with Jinbei at some point and time.

Quote:
Well he DID kinda get blown up. Really there was only small hints that he actually survived; ones that are easy to miss
Old 2013-12-11, 19:02   Link #100
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Y'know... considering Oda already showed us an older Sabo with 596's Cover Page...

Spoiler for Cover Page:

... I am wondering as to why Sabo's full adult face isn't really ever shown... is it possible that when Oda said he was saving the eyepatch for an important character in the series... he was refering to Sabo...?

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion