AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 14 21.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 37.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 23.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-12-12, 19:11   Link #121
mangakid95
Ghost Team has Maniac. :p

I just hope we don't get an open end like R2. That will really kill me if they end Valvrave like "what do you, the viewer, think happened afterwards?"

I don't want to be conflicted over something like that again. CG's ending still hasn't sit right with me. I'm one of the people who think Lulu's alive, but Idk man, I just don't know...
Old 2013-12-12, 19:22   Link #122
_Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
I just hope we don't get an open end like R2. That will really kill me if they end Valvrave like "what do you, the viewer, think happened afterwards?"

I don't want to be conflicted over something like that again. CG's ending still hasn't sit right with me. I'm one of the people who think Lulu's alive, but Idk man, I just don't know...
Yeah, you kind of have to earn your ambiguous ending. Cowboy Bebop did, and Code Geass, to me, kind of didn't.
_Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 19:32   Link #123
mangakid95
Ghost Team has Maniac. :p

^So true. CG's ending could've been easily established as a legit ending. That ambiguous ending left me kinda .
Old 2013-12-12, 19:40   Link #124
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

One more for the road.

Valvrave: The Revolution will not be televised.

Yeah, CG as a whole is weird for me because I really like the first half but R2 left me a little disappointed. A good bit of that goes to the ending. I don't have a problem with ambiguous endings. It felt like Okouchi was torn between what he wanted to do and what the studio wanted.
Old 2013-12-12, 19:42   Link #125
the one above all

The fact that Saki made her glorious return is all the reason I need to love this episode
Old 2013-12-12, 19:43   Link #126
Thess

The entire goal of the show is to reveal the truth to the world. What happens later is the result of the truth: the flashforward which gives it closure. L-Elf and Haruto succeeded.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 19:47   Link #127
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
The entire goal of the show is to reveal the truth to the world. What happens later is the result of the truth: the flashforward which gives it closure. L-Elf and Haruto succeeded.
lol It's even the tagline for the previews.

By Liberation it means Liberate the masses by revealing the existence of the Magius.
Old 2013-12-12, 19:50   Link #128
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
lol It's even the tagline for the previews.
It's in the tagline of the show too. Haruto even said to L-Elf that they should ask everyone (the world) what to do, no more secrets. L-elf agreed that they should 'reveal/unveil' the truth and extended his hand for another contract, but it's a promise not a contract.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-12, 19:50   Link #129
~BC~

Oh man, this episode. Was kind of surprised L-Elf was the one who kind of instigated the argument (but not the fight, Haruto doesn't learn) though Haruto was out of line trying to blame him for Kyuuma, Aina and Marie's deaths. I'm glad they didn't have L-Elf gloss over the Lieselotte being a Magius thing; that's a significant mental adjustment, IMO. I don't mind the "Newtype" thing since it seems more a mental representation than the actual characters themselves.

Also glad Shoko didn't immediately capitulate. If they're going to have her screw up that bad they might as well let her attitude stick for a bit.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 19:55   Link #130
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
It's in the tagline of the show too. Haruto even said to L-Elf that they should ask everyone (the world) what to do, no more secrets. L-elf agreed that they should 'reveal/unveil' the truth and extended his hand for another contract, but it's a promise not a contract.
I don't have a problem with that. I've said before that I don't really care for L-Elf but I kind of liked him this episode. Granted, I would like some subs to understand everything he was saying but I got the gist of it. Especially that bit in the beginning when he was chilling for a while.
Old 2013-12-12, 19:55   Link #131
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Oh man, this episode. Was kind of surprised L-Elf was the one who kind of instigated the argument (but not the fight, Haruto doesn't learn) though Haruto was out of line trying to blame him for Kyuuma, Aina and Marie's deaths. I'm glad they didn't have L-Elf gloss over the Lieselotte being a Magius thing; that's a significant mental adjustment, IMO. I don't mind the "Newtype" thing since it seems more a mental representation than the actual characters themselves.
Yes, I thought the same with Aina and Nobu in the manga. The only one who has a legitimate Newtype appearance is L-Elf in episode 17. It's a representation of coming to terms, plus they were running out oxygen.

L-Elf was obviously taking out his anger and bottled out feelings on Haruto. He snapped. Actually, I'm glad he did because he represses too much. He seemed happier when he wasn't so stoic like the flashbacks he had with his team or A-drei.

Old 2013-12-12, 20:00   Link #132
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!

They start still need to explain the empire part though, how does revealing a truth and creating a nation for Kamitsuki and human led to a Galactic Empire? Adding in the fact that they are still fighting in the future lead me to think either Magius still in control of Earth or human and Kamitsuki coexisting part is BS. Which mean more Valvrave

Edit: Boo, playing waiting game suck~ it already night and they still didn't stream episode 22...
Old 2013-12-12, 20:02   Link #133
~BC~

Well, L-Elf did say it would be long battle creating a world where Kamitsuki and humans could get along. I'd like to think that was hinting at another season but it's likely just referring to Saki still fighting 200 years into the future.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 20:04   Link #134
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
They start still need to explain the empire part though, how does revealing a truth and creating a nation for Kamitsuki and human led to a Galactic Empire? Adding in the fact that they are still fighting in the future lead me to think either Magius still in control of Earth or human and Kamitsuki coexisting part is BS. Which mean more Valvrave
After the truth is revealed and Cain and the Council is defeated (which will destroy the credibility of all world governments since it's controlled by the Council), they can start from then.

L-Elf and Haruto with their allies will do their magic and, 200 later, here we are.

Quote:
I'd like to think that was hinting at another season but it's likely just referring to Saki still fighting 200 years into the future.
The Empire is established, but there will always be rebellions to be pacified. The fight is never over, but the world was reached, spread across a galaxy no less. That's what Saki's protecting: their legacy. She was the witness of their promise, maybe she also took her own oath later. It's quite a significant role she plays.

Old 2013-12-12, 20:06   Link #135
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

Cue the photoshops of Haruto, L-Elf and Saki's heads on the founding fathers' bodies.
Old 2013-12-12, 20:30   Link #136
Twi

No offense, but if they try to pull that sort of thing off it would be one of the most unfulfilling endings ever. We've seen the Valvraves outmatched in ways they shouldn't win, there is no way feasible for them to expose the Magius in two episodes that would honestly work without someone pulling a Deus Ex Machina.

If Sunrise is like any other company and wants money, there will be a sequel or movie involved.
Old 2013-12-12, 20:37   Link #137
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
No offense, but if they try to pull that sort of thing off it would be one of the most unfulfilling endings ever. We've seen the Valvraves outmatched in ways they shouldn't win, there is no way feasible for them to expose the Magius in two episodes that would honestly work without someone pulling a Deus Ex Machina.

If Sunrise is like any other company and wants money, there will be a sequel or movie involved.
They want to reveal the Magius existence to the world and reclaim Module 77. So you have two things to do:

1) Beat Cain (next episode).
2) Broadcast proof of their evidence... like the one in X-eins possession which they have been stretching to have him join the good fight.

Old 2013-12-12, 20:46   Link #138
Key Board
Donut

Quote:
Well, L-Elf did say it would be long battle creating a world where Kamitsuki and humans could get along. I'd like to think that was hinting at another season but it's likely just referring to Saki still fighting 200 years into the future.
They would need to make more Kamitsuki first for one.. There's only 4 right now

-- Mushoku Tensei. on the dangers of osananajimi attachment
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 20:48   Link #139
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!

Lol, the first thing I thought after watching this episode is....
"Did Valvrave stole Gundam 00's scene?".
I mean when Haruto was getting punched by L-Elf, he had his dead friends talk to him(From Gundam 00 movie when Lockon and the other two dead members talk to Setsuna before the final battle) and became mentally prepared(?). And also how one of the Valvrave pilots died few episode the end.
Also, I would be sad if Haruto chooses Shouko....
Old 2013-12-12, 20:58   Link #140
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!

My patient is running dry... When was last episode up?