AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-12-17, 18:28   Link #21
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The next chapter will come out next week, albeit probably later than usual (on Friday or so).

Hence the "probably" in my post. But I'll be keeping a lookout all the same.

Anyway, I also appreciated the spread of the Dofla family's hierarchy. I also like how it kept pretty consistent with what we learned about Vergo at PH and listed him as an "elite officer" (so I guess around the same rank as Diamante/Trebol/Pica, then?). Also, as tough as Franky is, I'm not sure about him taking on all four of Diamante's men by himself..... maybe he'll get some help in the form of Luffy's group (if the toy house happens to lie on the path to the palace), or Koala, who we just saw last chapter.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 18:43   Link #22
Rainbowman

Another snoozefest during the holidays. Time for my hibernation till next chapter whenever that comes out.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 18:44   Link #23
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Another snoozefest during the holidays. Time for my hibernation till next chapter whenever that comes out.
pick up a new manga i just started kenichi histories mightiest deciple and its long as shit lol
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 19:45   Link #24
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

It was an ok chapter, gotta say Franky's been on fire this entire arc, can't wait till he gets an actual one on one fight with big guy's in Dof's crew.

The rest has been a set up for up coming events, UGH!!! Two week break? Just as things are about to go down

Edit;

Wonder when will get back to Sanji's plot? He's fighting against a few of Big Mom's crew.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 21:09   Link #25
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

To be honest this felt like the weakest chapter of this arc yet, including the other "build up chapters". I don't know why, but it felt too empty somehow.
Old 2013-12-17, 22:13   Link #26
SeanQ

kinda boring chapter but had to be done i guess
Old 2013-12-17, 22:20   Link #27
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I don't like that senor pink dude...

well, seems like Doflamingo would be the toughest enemy for Strawhat Pirates so far (well, they've got rid of Monet, Vergo, and got Violet on their side though)

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 23:24   Link #28
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

I think the pacing in One Piece is perfect, which is why I emulate it so much even with my own comic I've been working on.

Seems Senior Pink has the "Swim Swim fruit", doubt it would actually allow him to swim in the ocean though - but like most DFs it has various & unique uses.
But can you take me home?
Sakuranbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 01:36   Link #29
marvelB

Well, I at least hope that we'll get a proper intro for Lao G next chapter..... he's always interested me the most out of Dofla's officers (with Gladius, Diamante, and Pica following close behind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I like the litte overview we get of the "executives". But I have to say that at this point, the minor ones don't feel like a threat. Baby 5 and Buffalo where already taken care of by Franky alone once, Dellinger couldn't do a thing against Bartholomeo and Jora as well as Violot are out of the picture as enemies, too.

In regards to the bold, I wouldn't put Dellinger's inability to penetrate the barrier against him. Really, Barto's power seems almost like an absolute defense at this point (after all, remember how he blocked that king's punch earlier in the tournament..... the punch that can supposedly KO a yonkou). At the very least, I'd say there's a good chance that Dellinger is a step above the Baby 5/Buffalo combo and Jora since Diamante's team was specifically labeled as the "combat" team....
Old 2013-12-18, 01:52   Link #30
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Still, "Commando" sounds more powerful that "Fighter" which are the respective designations of each division. Maybe I am just revolted by Franky's opponent so much I hope he disappears as fast as he has arrived.
You think so? To me, it sounded like Diamante's men are the most powerful squad, as they are the big stars of the colosseum and being labelled as Combat Team.

@Kanon: I also thought about the possibility of Franky using Kairoseki in a similar way to Smoker. That would be awesome, especially since the Monster Trio wouldn't be the only ones capable of handling Logias!
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 02:01   Link #31
marvelB

Yeah, Franky using sea stone weapons would actually be pretty neat. And it's certainly not impossible for that huge, bulky body of his to be hiding something of that sort....
Old 2013-12-18, 02:08   Link #32
danielevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It was confirmed on Punk Hazard that only Law and the monster trio can use Haki, so everyone else is screwed against logia users (barring their elemental weaknesses, that is).
I wonder if haki is just the only way to beat logia df. . Its look like that you understimate character that can't use haki. .
In my opinion haki is not the only way, example maybe franky can make his fist made from kairoseki, nami can produce rain that use seawater that weaken df users, and many more. . But thats just my theory if except monster trio have to fighting againts logia users. .
So my main idead is that haki is not the only way to fight. .
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 02:20   Link #33
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
nami can produce rain that use seawater that weaken df users, and many more. .
Rain wouldn't do any good, as it isn't standing water...
Old 2013-12-18, 02:50   Link #34
danielevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Rain wouldn't do any good, as it isn't standing water...
Then how about salt that use in moria chapter, its just a bit of salt from seawater, but it can make moria ability in zombie lost.. moreover if nami clima tact use water from seawater, it will weaken df users in an instant..
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 03:21   Link #35
ri0

Quote:
Then how about salt that use in moria chapter, its just a bit of salt from seawater, but it can make moria ability in zombie lost.. moreover if nami clima tact use water from seawater, it will weaken df users in an instant..
The salt was inserted into the Zombies, not rained on them. They were purified of their control by Moria, which wasn't a very strong link (more to say, a specific demerit of the Kage Kage no Mi). I doubt, any of the known DF users would be weakened by salt.
If so, Vegapunk or other Marine Scientists would have already built weapons to exploit that weakness.

Furthermore, Luffy was eating so much stuff in the last 700 chapters and I doubt those were all salt-free
Old 2013-12-18, 04:31   Link #36
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
This is not quite correct. If the DF changes the bodily composition of a user, the ability is not lost. But the user can't use it actively by himself.
That's what I meant with "they lose their strenght, not their power".
Luffy still had the rubber power to stretch every part of his body, but he didn't have the strength to do so by himself.

Though seastone handcuffs always bothered me. Technically, someone beeing near Luffy should be able to simply remove the handcuffs, since Luffys arms are still rubber and can just be deformed to fit through.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 05:19   Link #37
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
That's what I meant with "they lose their strenght, not their power".
Luffy still had the rubber power to stretch every part of his body, but he didn't have the strength to do so by himself.

Though seastone handcuffs always bothered me. Technically, someone beeing near Luffy should be able to simply remove the handcuffs, since Luffys arms are still rubber and can just be deformed to fit through.
Ah sorry, I misunderstood.
But you're right about the handcuffs
Old 2013-12-18, 07:01   Link #38
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Well, this chapter seemed kinda bland. But then, anything would seem bland after the previous 2 chapters. It was good to see the composition of the Donquixote family though, and I also found it interesting how Fujitora seems reluctant to participate in this conflict (I think he's been like that from the start, but so far has not neglected his duty).

So who will be fighting the guards at the other entrances? Unless they move inside the toyhouse rather than stay outside (which would make sense, why stay there when there are already intruders).
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 12:23   Link #39
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
I wonder if haki is just the only way to beat logia df. . Its look like that you understimate character that can't use haki. .
In my opinion haki is not the only way, example maybe franky can make his fist made from kairoseki, nami can produce rain that use seawater that weaken df users, and many more. . But thats just my theory if except monster trio have to fighting againts logia users. .
So my main idead is that haki is not the only way to fight. .
Tho the kairoseki is a good idea I doubt you will ever see a good guy have it as a main weapon because it would just be anti climactic. Usopp used seastone cuffs on ceaser because the were around but I mean how boring would one piece be if franky had k.stone fists.

picture franky just walking up to an opponent and just putting his hand on them and bang fight over.

remember the move z:

Spoiler for Z movie:

so i highly doubt we will ever see a straw hat using k.stone as a main weapon.

All that being said:

if one piece was a real world not based on plot but like real then they all should except the df users because they can't unless on a weapon like smokers jute.

sanji should have it built into his shoes
usuopp should have it tipped on the end of his sling shot and a few chunks in reserve for firing
nami should have it in her staff
franky should have it in his fists
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 15:35   Link #40
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post
Tho the kairoseki is a good idea I doubt you will ever see a good guy have it as a main weapon because it would just be anti climactic. Usopp used seastone cuffs on ceaser because the were around but I mean how boring would one piece be if franky had k.stone fists.

picture franky just walking up to an opponent and just putting his hand on them and bang fight over.

remember the move z:

Spoiler for Z movie:

so i highly doubt we will ever see a straw hat using k.stone as a main weapon.

All that being said:

if one piece was a real world not based on plot but like real then they all should except the df users because they can't unless on a weapon like smokers jute.

sanji should have it built into his shoes
usuopp should have it tipped on the end of his sling shot and a few chunks in reserve for firing
nami should have it in her staff
franky should have it in his fists
As far as I remember "Seastone" is a very rare material.