AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-12-18, 16:45   Link #41
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
As far as I remember "Seastone" is a very rare material.

Sea stone was never actually confirmed to be "rare". All we ever really learned about it is what Smoker said back in the Alabasta arc about it coming from "a certain ocean". So for all we know, the material may be quite abundant in whatever ocean it originally came from.....

Also, I just realized something: Maybe Violet will fight alongside Luffy's group? She's also headed to the palace after all, and recall that some of the Dofla officers (particularly Gladius) were not very happy about the news of her betrayal....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 18:19   Link #42
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
It's mainly going to be Peeka, Diamante and Trevor, though. If Luffy will take on Doflamingo, I guess Zoro and Kinemon are going to fight Peeka and Diamante, while the guys of operation SOP are planning to attack Trevor.
Eh, Kinemon hasn't really shown himself to be strong enough to take on one of the top teir fighters of an arc; not to mention that he's not a strawhat and the big fights are generally reserved for them. Also Diamante stayed back in the collisuem where they think Luffy is still participating.

One piece can be notoriously hard to predict... Though for how I can imagine things breaking down... With Luffy, Zoro, and Kinemon on the outside; they will most likely take on the three remaining members of the combat squad guarding the toy house. NOt sure who gets who, but i'm thinking Zoro will get Lao G cause he tends to get the serious guys. After that, Zoro will end up against Peeka, while Luffy will get Doflamingo. Robin and Ussop will got after Sugar and Trebol, but will have trouble and then franky will join them. Kinemon meanwhile will go after his buddy and fight who ever is guarding them; could be Buffalo and Baby 5 since they are back in action... Could be gladius, but i can see Gladius vs ussop being an interesting match up(brains vs brains). No idea what role violet will play... though i could easily see her confronting someone too strong for her and winding up a damsel in distress.

As for Diamante... i think he's gonna end up fighting Sabo. He think he's preparing for a fight against Luffy, but he doesn't realized they switched places. Sabo being Luffy's brother ends up getting a fittingly epic fight to ring in his return... He needs a nice big fight to show himself as being Luffy and Ace's equal. Really no clue how the gladiator fights will play out since we have no idea how the format of the fights might have changed for Diamante and the 4 block winners
Old 2013-12-19, 10:33   Link #43
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Eh, Kinemon hasn't really shown himself to be strong enough to take on one of the top teir fighters of an arc; not to mention that he's not a strawhat and the big fights are generally reserved for them. Also Diamante stayed back in the collisuem where they think Luffy is still participating.

One piece can be notoriously hard to predict... Though for how I can imagine things breaking down... With Luffy, Zoro, and Kinemon on the outside; they will most likely take on the three remaining members of the combat squad guarding the toy house. NOt sure who gets who, but i'm thinking Zoro will get Lao G cause he tends to get the serious guys. After that, Zoro will end up against Peeka, while Luffy will get Doflamingo. Robin and Ussop will got after Sugar and Trebol, but will have trouble and then franky will join them. Kinemon meanwhile will go after his buddy and fight who ever is guarding them; could be Buffalo and Baby 5 since they are back in action... Could be gladius, but i can see Gladius vs ussop being an interesting match up(brains vs brains). No idea what role violet will play... though i could easily see her confronting someone too strong for her and winding up a damsel in distress.

As for Diamante... i think he's gonna end up fighting Sabo. He think he's preparing for a fight against Luffy, but he doesn't realized they switched places. Sabo being Luffy's brother ends up getting a fittingly epic fight to ring in his return... He needs a nice big fight to show himself as being Luffy and Ace's equal. Really no clue how the gladiator fights will play out since we have no idea how the format of the fights might have changed for Diamante and the 4 block winners
Quote:
He has shown many big feats that would lead on to believe he is quite strong. And what do you mean the big fights are reserved for the straw hats. We have been in the new world for 1 arc and in that arc it was:

law and smoker who fought vergo which was the second biggest fight of the arc. sanji tried and got fodderized.

Tashigi fought monet with a little assistance from zoro but it was her fight which was the third bigest fight of the arc.

In all previous arc there was no one else but the straw hats in the location that were stong enough to fight or im sure they would have. other then skypeia and sabody and in both of those arc others fought against big guyz.

Oda loves to use all his characters not just focus on the straw hats.

Just saying dont think the straw hats are gonna be the only ones fighting named soldies in the new world.
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 11:21   Link #44
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
sanji tried and got fodderized.
What?

Are we reading the same manga?
Old 2013-12-19, 12:11   Link #45
grey_1960
Baby 5

Chapter 732
That was a good chapter. Seeing the structure of Daflamingo’s crew is pretty cool. White Beard had divisions and Crocodile (Baroque Works) there officers and field agents. So Trebol doesn’t know that the Straw Hats are aware of Sugar and the fact that she is the source of the toys. I am thinking Violet told them about it. That would make sense since she was part of Trebol’s special ability squad. I wonder if Violet works for the revolution? People suggestions for Sabo not being able to save Ace was because of his status and his job. Violet mentioned she knew someone in the WG and it sounded like trust was not an issue. If Sugar gets knocked out before Luffy, Zoro, and Kinemone get to the factory, then they may not have to fight with Daflamingo. Admiral Fujitori might do it for them.

Best thing to do is do nothing at all
Admiral Fujitori has a lot on his mind. You have Smoker’s report (From Punk Hazard), Straw hats making their move, one Shichibukai (Law) already down and a possible second (Daflamingo), possibly destruction of a country like Dressrossa, the Mera Mera No Mi, Caesar (if Daflamingo loses his title), all the pirates in the coliseum, your the Marine intelligence, the list goes on. I don’t think we will see Admiral Fujitori do anything. Why? Fleet Admiral Akainu ordered him to sort the mess out. Even Akoiji who is not an Admiral anymore knows that there is something wrong with Daflamingo. Fujitori made that assessment when they were at Green Bit. I personally think it is better just to wait and not interfere for now. This is a point in the battlefield were the status quo will be kept or it will be changed. See what the Straw Hats pull up and wait to find out if there are other party crashers has well. If situations go the way it is predicted the Marines could come out on top. My view is why exhaust resource when the real enemy could be sitting right next to you.

Sugar and the Unknown
You know what the crazy part about sugars power? Oda can introduce any new character into one piece. For example: Luffy could have a sister, Missing Marines, very powerful player(I am not talking about Chinjao), crew member of Gold D. Rogers, another celestial Dragon, a rival to Daflamingo, famous political figures, important WG officials, anyone could show up. I think when sugar goes down the obvious is the big shift in the Dressrosa arch but the huge shift could be in the one piece story. Daflamingo gets around and with that devil fruit(Hobi Hobi No Mi) ability you can get away with a lot of stuff. My thought is copy what you did in Dressrosa and put your people in other governments and slowly take over the WG by replacing world leaders or important figures within the WG. Then when you get enough you can control the Marines and anyone else who answers to the WG. Dressrosa arch has a potential of being very influential and possibly change the one piece world in ways we never even imagined. There could be a civil war among the WG, other countries could slip into there own Dressrosa like arch with rebellion popping all over the world, possibly other countries going to war with each other, and people pulling out of the WG. I won't be surprised if CP0 is like a Vergo situation and working for Daflamingo. Then CP0 could clean up any evidence of manipulation and provide false intel to there superiors. Admiral Fujitori has is work cut out for him. I think if I were Admiral Fujitori and I knew such power like this existed I would get rid of the user and take the Hobi Hobi No Mi and hide it. This is way to powerful for anyone including the WG to have.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-12-19 at 13:00.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 14:30   Link #46
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
What?

Are we reading the same manga?
must not be so let me tell you what happened

-vergo finger banged everyone on scene
Spoiler for finger bang:

- sanji ran up and jumped him from while he was just chilling and landed a kick
Spoiler for jump kick:

vergo threw one attack in the form of a kick at sanji and sanjis leg was fracutred
Spoiler for fractured:

then vergo got news from ceaser and had convo while fighting sanji
Spoiler for convo during fight:

Then vergo left to fry bigger fish. So explian to me what you think foderize means if not a guy that shatters you leg in one kick while having a conversation with someone else in the middle of your clash. and does it all while putting in little effort no where close to his full power. he did not even bring out his bambo or throw a punch he just chiled and threw casual kicks at sanji.

Spoiler for full power vergo:

so please if not foderized what would you call it.
Old 2013-12-19, 15:47   Link #47
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Sanji's kick was casual as well. Neither Vergo nor Sanji went all out.

Sanji seems to be at a slight disadvantage that fight, but he didn't take any major damage. Considering that this is One Piece and many characters have suffered far more, fought on and went on to win fights (see Whitebeard with half his face missing and his torso being punctured, Luffy during the Lucci fight, or being impaled by Crocodile, Zoro in practically all his fights), I don't see how you drew your conclusions.

This hardly fits the definition of being 'fodderized'. You might as well say both Law and Smoker were 'fodderized' by Vergo as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post

so please if not foderized what would you call it.
I would call it an unresolved fight. I don't see how you can call it anything else. No definite conclusions can be drawn, nor should it be.
Old 2013-12-19, 15:56   Link #48
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Sanji's kick was casual as well. Neither Vergo nor Sanji went all out.

Sanji seems to be at a slight disadvantage that fight, but he didn't take any major damage. Considering that this is One Piece and many characters have suffered far more, fought on and went on to win fights (see Whitebeard with half his face missing and his torso being punctured, Luffy during the Lucci fight, or being impaled by Crocodile, Zoro in practically all his fights), I don't see how you drew your conclusions.

This hardly fits the definition of being 'fodderized'. You might as well say both Law and Smoker were 'fodderized' by Vergo as well.

I would call it an unresolved fight. I don't see how you can call it anything else. No definite conclusions can be drawn, nor should it be.
Stopped reading at bold for obvious reason. clearly a conversation with someone who does not consider a fracted almost kicked in half bone with on kick major damage does not know a thing about what they are talking about.

if you call a broken leg not serious what would you call a bullet to the brain and average wound.

and sanji did not go all out then why did he throw on diable jambles during the fight. that is one of his best moves and he landed it clean to a vergo who was not even paying attention and vergo was not even phased by it.

obviously he did not give it everything but dont act like that was casual when he busts out one of his best moves. vergo was casual sanji was throwing down. and just looked like he wasnt trying because vergo shat on him and you expect more from sanji.
Old 2013-12-19, 19:50   Link #49
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Diable jambles used to be one of Sanji's strongest moves, I doubt it still is after the time skip. We saw him casually kicking around fire balls during the battle on Fishmen Island. Plus, yes, a fractured leg is a minor injury in One Piece. You shouldn't have stopped reading paradox13's comment, because it went on to be a very good one.
Old 2013-12-19, 20:07   Link #50
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

A fractured leg would be a "minor injury" for most of the cases, that may be true.

However the fact that it was Sanji, who is supposed to have the strongest legs in the crew and him being a leg-only-fighter, then it may be more than a "minor injury".

From another perspective: We do not know for sure, if Sanji went all out, as we did not see a fight where we could say for 100% that he fought seriously (this includes the fight with Doflamingo, because of the strings he never even had the chance to fight seriously). However we know that Vergo did NOT fight seriously, as he did not use his weapon. We do not know for sure though if he had his CoA active under his clothes.
i.e. we don't know about Sanji, but Vergo did not fight for real, but we also don't know "by how much" he held back.

If we think about what happens if the fight continued, Sanji would have lost most certainly, as in the next leg "duel" he would probably not be able to block Vergo's kick with his damaged leg, as the last time he "tied" with Vergo in a clash caused his body to get damaged. So I agree with Zenex mostly, but still wouldn't call Sanji "fodder", but instead more like "severly weaker than Vergo".

The only possible way of changing this fact is if Sanji simply "forgot to turn his own CoA on before the fight", but I don't see Sanji as such a kind of character (aside from when women are his opponents). The only one in the crew who is known to do such mistakes is Luffy.
Old 2013-12-19, 20:28   Link #51
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Diable jambles used to be one of Sanji's strongest moves, I doubt it still is after the time skip. We saw him casually kicking around fire balls during the battle on Fishmen Island. Plus, yes, a fractured leg is a minor injury in One Piece. You shouldn't have stopped reading paradox13's comment, because it went on to be a very good one.
no I read it afterwards just to make sure i did not miss anything and it really did not. when you get your leg cracked in on kick and a guy is not even trying. if vergo went full power he would have caved in sanjis anus through his leg.

and diable jamble is one of sanjis best moves and he has massively improved it during the time skip with he leg stregth going through the roof and with it could not even effect vergo. that is sad. sanj legs is his best most powerful part of his body and it could not even withstand a casual kick from vergo with no haki.

fodderized is when someone beats someone with little to no effort and that is exactly what vero did to sanji and sanji is lucky he left to go deal with law or he would be dead right now.

and im not saying sanji is fodder im saying he was foderized in this instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
As far as I remember "Seastone" is a very rare material.
it was said that sea stone is rare but I have to think is it more controlled by the wg then actually rare base on they coat huge battle ship bottoms with it. they have prisions made of it and wepons made of it and wernt the walls at marineford made of it aswell.

SO for something so rare the wg sure has like 1 million tons of the stuff
Old 2013-12-19, 21:31   Link #52
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Not the Sanji vs. Vergo crap again. Neither of them was going all-out in that fight. Sanji was portrayed as being comparable to Jinbe on Fishman Island. Vergo is not strong enough to "fodderize" someone of that caliber.
Old 2013-12-19, 21:37   Link #53
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Not the Sanji vs. Vergo crap again. Neither of them was going all-out in that fight. Sanji was portrayed as being comparable to Jinbe on Fishman Island. Vergo is not strong enough to "fodderize" someone of that caliber.
so then how did he do it....if sanji was not trying then he should not have got his leg broke. people who are not trying fighting others who are not trying dont get their legs broke.

people who are not as strong as the one their fighting do.

vergo fodderized sanji. it does not make sanji weak or take away from his character its just what happened
Old 2013-12-19, 21:40   Link #54
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Off the top of my head, there's only been one time when Sanji was actually fodderized, and that was on Skypeia. I wouldn't count Enies lobby for relatively obvious reasons. And if you think that a fractured leg is a big injury, let's not forget that Usopp had his head smashed in on Alabasta (and he's not even one of the Monster Trio), and Zoro took all of Luffy's pain when Kuma showed up. A fractured leg? Not a big deal.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 21:41   Link #55
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
so then how did he do it....if sanji was not trying then he should not have got his leg broke. people who are not trying fighting others who are not trying dont get their legs broke.

vergo fodderized sanji. it does not make sanji weak or take away from his character its just what happened
Old 2013-12-19, 22:00   Link #56
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:

All that scene really conveyed was that Vergo hits really hard. Nothing more, nothing less. Was Sanji taken out of the game by that kick? No. He was still very much going strong for the remainder of the arc. That is NOT being fodderized.

And what I find baffling from some people is how they're judging Sanji's full potential based on that encounter. Again, both Sanji and Vergo weren't going all-out. To use a similar example, there was Luffy vs. Jinbe on Fishman Island. Jinbe appeared to have the edge in that scuffle. I guess we should judge Luffy's full potential based on that scene as well, right (even though we haven't seen his utmost limits yet)?

Again, Vergo doesn't have anything in his arsenal to suggest he can "fodderize" someone on Sanji/Jinbe level.
Old 2013-12-19, 22:07   Link #57
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:

Well, I gave an example above. Sanji possibly did not "activate" his CoA before his "fracture" happened. However this makes Sanji seem arrogant, to "hold back" against Vergo like that. But considering the situation that seems like a plausible explanation now. Well, considering that Sanji didn't have any major opponent until that point of the story and how he actually toyed around with any enemies he had on Fishman Island, maybe he did not realize the seriousness of the situation (i.e. underestimating Vergo) and got "pulled back into reality" by getting this fracture. It seems to have healed quite fast though.

I do still think that Vergo would most likely win this fight, escpacially with the damage Sanji took, even if he got "more careful" later on.
Old 2013-12-19, 22:09   Link #58
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
All that scene really conveyed was that Vergo hits really hard. Nothing more, nothing less. Was Sanji taken out of the game by that kick? No. He was still very much going strong for the remainder of the arc. That is NOT being fodderized.

And what I find baffling from some people is how they're judging Sanji's full potential based on that encounter. Again, both Sanji and Vergo weren't going all-out. To use a similar example, there was Luffy vs. Jinbe on Fishman Island. Jinbe appeared to have the edge in that scuffle. I guess we should judge Luffy's full potential based on that scene as well, right (even though we haven't seen his utmost limits yet)?

Again, Vergo doesn't have anything in his arsenal to suggest he can "fodderize" someone on Sanji/Jinbe level.
other then with little effort he broke sanjis leg. your in denial bro if you think sanji was not trying.

again 2 people who are not trying so not result in a broken leg

When luffy fought jinbei neither of them took any more damage then the other no broken bones just a friendly scuffle between respectful opponents who have different views.

^^^ nothing like sanji vs vergo so has no place in this talk ^^^^

vergo broke sanjis leg with litte effort and then left. if he stayed sanji would be dead because its clear vergo is way way way stronger then he is unless you wanna burry your head in the sand and act like fact dont matter.

I am going to bed now but dont think im saying sanji is weak its just vergo is strong and much stronger then sanji. sanji legs are his weapon and strongest part of his body.....to shatter his leg with litte effort while he is fully aware of the attack and braced for impact say a looooooooooooot
Old 2013-12-19, 22:13   Link #59
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
other then with little effort he broke sanjis leg. your in denial bro if you think sanji was not trying.

When luffy fought jinbei neither of them took any more damage then the other no broken bones just a friendly scuffle between respectful opponents who have different views.

vergo broke sanjis leg with litte effort and then left. if he stayed sanji would be dead because its clear vergo is way way way stronger then he is unless you wanna burry your head in the sand and act like fact dont matter.

I am going to bed now but dont think im saying sanji is weak its just vergo is strong and much stronger then sanji. sanji legs are his weapon and strongest part of his body.....to shatter his leg wit litte effort say a looooooooooooot
Again, CoA vs disabled-CoA = CoA wins easily in most cases. Re-read my post. We saw no indication of Sanji using CoA at that time after all, but we know that he is capable of using it. May have been hidden under his clothes though.
Old 2013-12-19, 22:17   Link #60
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:

I said neither fighter was going all-out (twice now; this time being the third). How much effort each of them exerted exactly is unknown.

No, Luffy took more damage overall than Jinbe did. Jinbe landed two hits, whereas Luffy only landed one. Edge goes to Jinbe in that scuffle. The concept is the same. See how faulty your logic is?

Again, you haven't proven anything supporting Vergo "fodderizing" Sanji.