AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-12-19, 22:19   Link #61
Zenex
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Again, CoA vs disabled-CoA = CoA wins easily in most cases. Re-read my post. We saw no indication of Sanji using CoA at that time after all, but we know that he is capable of using it. May have been hidden under his clothes though.
does not look like vergo has his coa activaed in that scene to me but even if he does then if sanji has it he should be using it. if he does not then exactly my point.

it is not that sanji is weak its that vergo is strong and makes him weak by comparison. not a big deal it was said vergo is dofs strongest guy so of course it makes sense for him to be way above sanji.

but to say sanji is not trying in that fight when he rolled up with full furry and diable jamble activated is just burying your head in the sand

if sanji was not trying he would have walked up and kicked with no moves....like vergo did...just chilling throwing fodder kicks with his hands at his sides with no effort.
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 23:47   Link #62
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 26
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Maybe using Diable Jambe doesn't take any effort at all for Sanji anymore, so that he can use it without trying or fighting serious. That's been my impression this whole time. It's like it took Goku no effort using SSJ during the Cell arc, because he trained to do it effortlessly. It became his standard state.

And no, it doesn't make sense that "dofs strongest guy" would "fodderize" Sanji, because the current arc seems to hint toward a Luffy vs. Doflamingo showdown. Our experience with this series almost dictates in this case, that Zoro and Sanji would be able to take out the main villain's top henchmen, like they did many times in the past. If Luffy can fight on Doflamingo's level, and Vergo is clearly under Doflamingo, then there is no way he can fodderize Sanji. That is unless the gap between Luffy and Sanji has grown exponentially or there's some kind of rock-paper-scissors logic to the comparisons, which I don't think there is in this case.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 00:37   Link #63
bonsobon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Maybe using Diable Jambe doesn't take any effort at all for Sanji anymore, so that he can use it without trying or fighting serious.
I agree with this. It makes no sense for the ultimate techniques of the crew before the timeskip to be the same afterwards. Luffy's gears are a good example. Before they used to be his most powerful moves, now they're just part of his normal arsenal of techniques. Who's to say the same thing didn't happen to Sanji's Diable Jambe as well?
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 09:30   Link #64
Zenex
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
the denial is strong in this thread.

if sanji was not trying then he should never have got his leg broken in the first place.

last time im going to say this. 2 people who are not trying basically in warm up mode do not get their legs broken by fodder kicks which is all vergo was throwing just casual kicks for hispower level

so if sanji was not trying and vergo was not trying? how did sanji get his leg broken

look at that scene - sanji leg master is aware of the fight and in full defense mode ready to defend vergos kick. so basically sanji sheild and defense was in the best mode it could have been in for kick absorbtion. so if he was not trying and vergo was not trying why did leg master have his leg broke with a force that was nothing compare to either of their full power?

if a force comes nothing compareable to your training then it should not effect you. instead it broke his leg why? because compared to vergo sanji is not strong.

vergo is a vice admiral and dofs right hand man so its not a big deal. you think sanji is just gonna come back vice admiral level. its the start if the new world so the guy is way stronger then he was before but has a long way to go if sanji was already va level then by the end one would expect him to be above yonko level considering he has 10 years of improvement left.


people here are just overestimating the straw hats power forgetting how much longer it is until they reach full potential. I love the straw hats but you cannot d ride them like they are already the strongest pirates on the sea. Of course oda is gonna bring them back and hype them up sowing their new power but then which is about where we are now shit gets real and we find out they are on the mid level of the new world and have alot to learn. soon enough luffy will be pused to his limits aswell along with zoro,chopper,brooks,franky,nami,robin, sanji and usopp.

sanji moment just came earlier then the others. Is there anyone who really thinks sanji could beat vergo or even stand a chance after he got his leg cracked from a weak fodder kick and vergo did not even bring out any real power.

if vergo went full haki mode he would destroy sanji like the big bad wolf blowing down sanji straw house. vergo is known as the demon bambo which means the bamboo is his main fighting weapon he is not vergo of the kicks. so a casual kick from vergo to brake the legs of sanji who is called black leg sanji because he is kicker.

so in the end a kick specialist had his leg crack from a non kicker who was not even trying at all.

Last edited by Zenex; 2013-12-20 at 09:51.
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 09:47   Link #65
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 26
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Because Vergo's leg is hard, even if he doesn't try, and because Sanji kicks that hard leg hard, even if he doesn't try.

It's like eating soup. If you try really hard and you want to eat it as fast as possible, you are likely going to get your shirt wet, even if you try not to. But if you just casually eat your soup, while being distracted by TV or something, you don't try to avoid getting your shirt wet in the first place, which is why it's not unlikely that it'll happen again. You should eat more soup, man.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 11:03   Link #66
mrShady
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Because Vergo's leg is hard, even if he doesn't try, and because Sanji kicks that hard leg hard, even if he doesn't try.

It's like eating soup. If you try really hard and you want to eat it as fast as possible, you are likely going to get your shirt wet, even if you try not to. But if you just casually eat your soup, while being distracted by TV or something, you don't try to avoid getting your shirt wet in the first place, which is why it's not unlikely that it'll happen again. You should eat more soup, man.

Mind is blown
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 11:33   Link #67
Dark_Ritual
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post
must not be so let me tell you what happened
First of all you ignore the part Oda made obvious that Sanji body was damaged
Spoiler:


Quote:
vergo threw one attack in the form of a kick at sanji and sanjis leg was fracutred
Spoiler for fractured:
You ignore the part that Sanji had his hand in pocket meaning he never considered Vergo as a threat till Vergo landed a kick that fractured his leg
Spoiler:
Sanji got a little serious and started blocking/kicking Vergo with the same fractured leg.

And getting a broken bone doesn't mean shit in one piece, Mr2 broke Sanji ribs but Sanji won that fight
Spoiler:


Quote:
Then vergo left to fry bigger fish. So explian to me what you think foderize means if not a guy that shatters you leg in one kick while having a conversation with someone else in the middle of your clash. and does it all while putting in little effort no where close to his full power. he did not even bring out his bambo or throw a punch he just chiled and threw casual kicks at sanji.

Spoiler for full power vergo:
Are you also forgetting that Sanji wasn't serious aswell? Sanji didn't even use hell memories which is considered as one of his top moves after Timeskip
Spoiler:


Quote:
so please if not foderized what would you call it.
Hasn't it occurred to you that you the only one who sees the Sanji vs Vergo clash differently? Are you blind or ignorant or fanboyism blocking your understanding? Vergo couldn't even land any attack on Sanji except the lucky one he got cuz Sanji was underestimating him meanwhile Sanji landed two attacks on him. Sanji was shown faster than Vergo, so how can Vergo damage him anymore if he can't even land any attack?
Dark_Ritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 04:19   Link #68
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Gladius looks like he's 2nd in command to Doflamingo. Him vs Zorro should be interesting.

Lao G vs Sanji.
__________________
http://img217.imageshack.us/i/clipboard01vt.jpg
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 06:42   Link #69
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Guys please post the things you wanna say in ordinary term, giving block and stressed color didn't give you more attention from the other reader.

Surely we can read and we can understand what you are typing in your post.
__________________
If you really want to be happy, nobody can stop you
nicepace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 19:53   Link #70
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Gladius looks like he's 2nd in command to Doflamingo. Him vs Zorro should be interesting.
He's not the 2nd in command to Doflamingo.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 20:29   Link #71
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yeah, the top guys after Doflamingo were already established to be Diamante, Trebol, and Pica. I wouldn't doubt that Gladius is one of the stronger officers, though. And as much as I'd like to see Usopp face him (since he seems to be a gunslinger), it doesn't look like Gladius will be guarding the factory, but the palace. Therefore, it's more likely that someone from Luffy's group will face him instead (probably Zoro or Kinemon, though I still think that Zoro will have dibs on Pica).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 06:31   Link #72
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
He's number 2 - in my heart.

Diamante's design is so bland, Can't take him seriously.

In fact, Looking at the Doflamingo crew, They're all rather bland looking besides Gladius. What happened to CP-9 character design quality Oda?
__________________
http://img217.imageshack.us/i/clipboard01vt.jpg

Last edited by Poetic Justice; 2013-12-22 at 07:19.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 08:01   Link #73
The Small One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Germany
I thought Vergo was Doffy's no. 2.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 17:25   Link #74
Dark_Ritual
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I thought Vergo was Doffy's no. 2.
Yes Vergo is Doflamingo firstmate and longest known friend.
Dark_Ritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 20:04   Link #75
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
In fact, Looking at the Doflamingo crew, They're all rather bland looking besides Gladius. What happened to CP-9 character design quality Oda?

Sorry, Dofla's gang is more of a Baroque Works than a CP9.



And personally, I think Diamante looks awesome, though we've mostly only seen his face so far (BTW, I'm pretty sure he's from the long legs tribe, considering how tall he is....).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 23:45   Link #76
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Now that you mention CP-9... I wonder where CP-0 is right now.
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 04:54   Link #77
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post
the denial is strong in this thread.

To me it seems like you're the one who's a "try hard" to deny everything.

Don't we all remember the CP9 ?Where during their first encounter the CP9 looked so overpowered against Straw-Hats ?Yet when they arrived to their HQ,Luffy single handedly with no effort at all defeated Blueno and then Lucci in a major fight ?

Don't you remember the way Luffy started fighting against Lucci ?Where it seemed like Luffy has no chance ?

I'm 100% positive that when it comes to the monster trio,Oda won't disappoint us and in their next major fight,we might actually see something new they've learned over the 2 years.And not just "show-off" attacks.

I'm not saying Sanji was stronger than Vergo or vice versa,all I'm saying is that no one can be judged based on that encounter.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 11:37   Link #78
Zenex
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
To me it seems like you're the one who's a "try hard" to deny everything.

Don't we all remember the CP9 ?Where during their first encounter the CP9 looked so overpowered against Straw-Hats ?Yet when they arrived to their HQ,Luffy single handedly with no effort at all defeated Blueno and then Lucci in a major fight ?

Don't you remember the way Luffy started fighting against Lucci ?Where it seemed like Luffy has no chance ?

Do you remember that only happened because that is the arc and instance that luffy first developed gear 2nd and third? Not to mention if you think he beat lucci with no effort let me begin the laughing now because luffy got his ass handed to him by lucci and if it was not for all the distractions by his crew and the words inspiring him to stand up luffy was ready to lay down and die. He won yes but defeated easy maybe you wanna go rewatch that fight.

I'm 100% positive that when it comes to the monster trio,Oda won't disappoint us and in their next major fight,we might actually see something new they've learned over the 2 years.And not just "show-off" attacks.

I dont doubt that oda will not dissapoint I never said he would as he never has before. Im simply saying when someone busts your strongest body part in your own fighting style with no effort what so ever that is fodderizing. it is the same as if:

usopp got outsnipped by like 2 islands
luffy got his fist broken in a clash of punhces
zoro- got cut by someone without and effort at all ( zoro vs mihawk - zoro was fodderized)

sanji is not weak but he was made to look that way in a big way against vergo. People can deny it out there bung holes but again when you get your stongest part of your body shattered in a fight that is totally your strong point and the other guy did it without an ounce of effort that is fodderized.



I'm not saying Sanji was stronger than Vergo or vice versa,all I'm saying is that no one can be judged based on that encounter.
Yes they can be easily judged based on that encounter. And I am saying vergo is way stronger. It was shown in the manga its just to bad everyone is afraid to say sanji got messed up.

saying sanji was not fodderized in that fight is like saying zoro was not fodderized vs mihawk.

Last edited by Zenex; 2013-12-24 at 11:50.
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 13:00   Link #79
mrShady
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post
Yes they can be easily judged based on that encounter. And I am saying vergo is way stronger. It was shown in the manga its just to bad everyone is afraid to say sanji got messed up.

saying sanji was not fodderized in that fight is like saying zoro was not fodderized vs mihawk.
Apples and oranges dude. Mihawk almost cut Zoro in half, Sanji got a crack in his ?shinbone?.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 13:24   Link #80
philip72
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pekopon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post
saying sanji was not fodderized in that fight is like saying zoro was not fodderized vs mihawk.
"Fodderized", that's a rather awkward conflation. I believe you mean devastatingly lost to Vergo when you say it.
I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with everyone else here and say he wasn't "fodderized" (lol) at all.
Since there have already been some excellent and concise rebuttals to that claim posted here; I'll just add that when Oda has somebody thoroughly beaten, he makes it very obvious.


Spoiler for Definite Fodderizingizationlyismisticed:
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.