AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-01-10, 17:18   Link #81
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Geez, I'm gone for a few days and the thread gets closed over a silly debate.... why does this not surprise me?



Anyway, just a little reminder that 734 will be out next week, guys.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 18:43   Link #82
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
This is an official warning. The thread was intentionally closed for a few days to attempt to end this discussion, if it is continued, then the thread will be closed again, and infractions will be handed out. Move on...or at least take it to a relevant thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 19:09   Link #83
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
i am really curious to know what has meadows been up to in this block .
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 20:35   Link #84
Trax
Rock beats scissors
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
So the major things in this chapter are the toy factory battle that's about to start in earnest, and the apparent conclusion of the D-block coliseum fight. In the toy factory, the tontatta can probably handle almost anything with their speed, strength and numbers.I would expect them to only have trouble with the top tiers and their lieutenants depending on their strength and devil fruit powers.

As for the coliseum fight, assuming Meadows is the winner, who is he affiliated with and is he perhaps yet another big name in disguise? Supposedly he's a gladiator, but then again so is "Lucy". It's anyone's guess at this point. Ofcourse there's also the possibility that not showing Meadows is just a red herring, and one of the other contestants will rise up after all.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 23:08   Link #85
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
So the major things in this chapter are the toy factory battle that's about to start in earnest, and the apparent conclusion of the D-block coliseum fight. In the toy factory, the tontatta can probably handle almost anything with their speed, strength and numbers.I would expect them to only have trouble with the top tiers and their lieutenants depending on their strength and devil fruit powers.

As for the coliseum fight, assuming Meadows is the winner, who is he affiliated with and is he perhaps yet another big name in disguise? Supposedly he's a gladiator, but then again so is "Lucy". It's anyone's guess at this point. Ofcourse there's also the possibility that not showing Meadows is just a red herring, and one of the other contestants will rise up after all.
For some reason he looks a lot like Garp and Kaido to me. Or maybe he could be the Mysterious Jack person ( unless Jack is/was Sabo's nickname maybe? ).

At the moment i am leaning toward him being garp. Maybe he used conqueror's Haki and then fell sleep. He does fall sleep ( like luffy ) a lot too.

This would explain both the strength part ( some one powerful enough to knock out Block D), and at the same time explain why the person himself actually had to stand up too.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 20:08   Link #86
Zenex
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
For some reason he looks a lot like Garp and Kaido to me. Or maybe he could be the Mysterious Jack person ( unless Jack is/was Sabo's nickname maybe? ).

At the moment i am leaning toward him being garp. Maybe he used conqueror's Haki and then fell sleep. He does fall sleep ( like luffy ) a lot too.

This would explain both the strength part ( some one powerful enough to knock out Block D), and at the same time explain why the person himself actually had to stand up too.
wow you really are out there. looks like garp and kaido how does he look like kaido when we have one seen fractions of what kaido looks like?

and no one knows but jack could have been refering to the jack seat of dofs crew. heart( empty ) diamond, spade and jack.
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 20:50   Link #87
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post
wow you really are out there. looks like garp and kaido how does he look like kaido when we have one seen fractions of what kaido looks like?

and no one knows but jack could have been refering to the jack seat of dofs crew. heart( empty ) diamond, spade and jack.
At this point I think he's trolling.

Why should one assume that any character in One Piece is some other character who's been introduced in disguise ?While there might be possibilities of him being someone we know,but really,Kaido or Garp ?Kaido wouldn't even participate in the tourney,he tells DonFlamingo what to do,so if he wanted that fruit he would be talking to DonFlamingo about it directly.

And Garp ?Why would he do this ?He's a patriotic Marine who wouldn't even back off when Ace was about to get executed,he was willing to swallow his pride and watch Ace die,yet here he would get emotional about the fruit used by his adopted grandson who is already dead anyway and sneak into the tourney ?
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 21:56   Link #88
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Going back on topic, I wouldn't mind seeing an update on Sanji's team next chapter. Now that Big Mom's crew has arrived to complicate matters, I'm really interested in seeing where things will go. I don't expect there to be any big battles with an emperor's crew anytime soon of course, but will BM's men follow Sanji and co. to Zou? And how long until Kaidou catches wind of his fellow emperor's movements? As I've said in a previous thread, this could easily escalate into a war between two yonkou.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 00:28   Link #89
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
At this point I think he's trolling.

Why should one assume that any character in One Piece is some other character who's been introduced in disguise ?While there might be possibilities of him being someone we know,but really,Kaido or Garp ?Kaido wouldn't even participate in the tourney,he tells DonFlamingo what to do,so if he wanted that fruit he would be talking to DonFlamingo about it directly.

And Garp ?Why would he do this ?He's a patriotic Marine who wouldn't even back off when Ace was about to get executed,he was willing to swallow his pride and watch Ace die,yet here he would get emotional about the fruit used by his adopted grandson who is already dead anyway and sneak into the tourney ?
Just because some one have a different opinion than you, doesn't mean he or she is trolling.

Kaido well because of how powerful ( the possible ) King's haki was.
and Also he could have gone there to surprise doflamingo. We know they are not really in good terms ( I.E. Slightest difference/suspicion , Doflamingo is in big danger). It could also be one of his top commanders. Just think of it as Kaido related at the very least .

And as Garp, did you not see how emotional he was about ace's death? Also he hasn't had any clue about Luffy's where about and how he is doing after he was so badly damaged. He could want and come to see his grandson ( like how he did in post enies lobby). Just imagine his beloved grandson/family was almost dead and he had no clue how he is. Wouldn't any one get worried? And yes he would know that Luffy would be there after Doflamingo setting ace's fruit as prize. He could even want to come and get it back ( he still loved ace as much as luffy). A prideful man like garp wouldn't let ace's fruit to go away to any one. And if luffy ever needed help he would help/pick his family this time over his duty ( since he already probably regretted the whole marine ford).

I admit Sabo-Kaido theory might be very subtle to many but the above two are actually semi popular theories on the web too.

P.S. If people said Big mom would join dressrossa arc, many people would call them a troll. It's sometimes good to think outside of the box. Though the above two theories aren't even that far out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenex View Post
like?

and no one knows but jack could have been refering to the jack seat of dofs crew. heart( empty ) diamond, spade and jack.
A possible and good theory as well. I like it.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 08:47   Link #90
Zenex
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Just because some one have a different opinion than you, doesn't mean he or she is trolling.

Kaido well because of how powerful ( the possible ) King's haki was.
and Also he could have gone there to surprise doflamingo. We know they are not really in good terms ( I.E. Slightest difference/suspicion , Doflamingo is in big danger). It could also be one of his top commanders. Just think of it as Kaido related at the very least .

And as Garp, did you not see how emotional he was about ace's death? Also he hasn't had any clue about Luffy's where about and how he is doing after he was so badly damaged. He could want and come to see his grandson ( like how he did in post enies lobby). Just imagine his beloved grandson/family was almost dead and he had no clue how he is. Wouldn't any one get worried? And yes he would know that Luffy would be there after Doflamingo setting ace's fruit as prize. He could even want to come and get it back ( he still loved ace as much as luffy). A prideful man like garp wouldn't let ace's fruit to go away to any one. And if luffy ever needed help he would help/pick his family this time over his duty ( since he already probably regretted the whole marine ford).

I admit Sabo-Kaido theory might be very subtle to many but the above two are actually semi popular theories on the web too.

P.S. If people said Big mom would join Dressrossa arc, many people would call them a troll. It's sometimes good to think outside of the box. Though the above two theories aren't even that far out there.



A possible and good theory as well. I like it.
No it is not a good theory because the card suite are heart, diamond, spade and club.....not jack. lol

[cut]

Anyway could Kaido appear in this arc of course he could and could Garp appear in any arc again of course he could but on the same note so could shanks, Marco, Blackbeard, buggy the clown, Akainu and the list goes on.

Any of them could show up but the point is just knowing this and throwing it out there does not a theory make. A theory is something based on hints and facts not just would a, should a, could a.

Also We do not even know if it was kings haki. If it was we do not know how powerful kings haki is when we reach the top.
So you cannot call what you seen so powerful it must be Kaido because the new world is full of powerful users of kings haki. Shanks slight use of it knocked out half of Whitebeard's crew and cracked his ship. Chances are based on that if Kaido released his kings haki it would knock out everyone with no chance of getting up and probably damage the stadium.

^^ Notice how that is a passing thought not a theory and note the difference.^^

And how do you know Garp regrets anything about ace. All we know is aces death made him mad enough to go at Akainu. It does not mean he regrets his actions. Plenty of times I have been mad enough to fight but not regretted the situation. If he regretted it so much why is he still training marines in Akainus new marine core.


Lastly, your right if someone said big mom was to show up everyone would have been like your an idiot. That is because there was no hint or rhyme or reason for her to be there hence and talk of it would have been as this is just random mind thinking. It is something no one could have thought would happened with any kind of educated guess. It would have just been a stab in the dark followed by an I told you so which makes no sense because you guessed. That would be like winning the lotto and saying ya I knew I was right I told you so.

Last edited by james0246; 2014-01-13 at 11:53. Reason: If you want to complain about moderation or the internet, at least do it in an appropriate venue...
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 09:39   Link #91
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
@ Zendex , i don't mind if some one disagrees with me. You can disagree or agree with me if you want.

To be honest i am in agreement with many of your point ( although not all).

As for the Jack thing, i read it too fast. I thought you were referring to the 4 suits. But yes Jack isn't a suit. So yes that theory now looks less appealing.

Imo let's just wait and see what Oda has in store for us. Cheers .
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 10:33   Link #92
Trax
Rock beats scissors
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Jack? I don't remember that, where was he mentioned?

Btw. will next chapter spoilers come early? (usually happens after a break)
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 10:39   Link #93
Zenex
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Jack? I don't remember that, where was he mentioned?

Btw. will next chapter spoilers come early? (usually happens after a break)
do you remember on punk hazzard when all the brokers were on the video. that is when jack was mentioned. I dunno what chapter but if you wanna go back.



and the spoilers will come out when they come out. people can give you an answer but no one really knows. Its like when people say chapters are not coming and then they come out. People can read the internet and posts and other things but until they are out I would not count on it.
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 10:47   Link #94
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 28
I haven't posted here or even been here for a long time and have just read the latest 13 chapters.

It seem very obvious to me with Koala being here and Sabo revealing himself to Luffy and saying that he will take care of the Mera fruit, it is Sabo himself who knocked out everyone in the arena with King's haki.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 10:52   Link #95
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I haven't posted here or even been here for a long time and have just read the latest 13 chapters.

It seem very obvious to me with Koala being here and Sabo revealing himself to Luffy and saying that he will take care of the Mera fruit, it is Sabo himself who knocked out everyone in the arena with King's haki.
Last panel sabo says, " I had heard of this happening before". Oda already crossed that possibility for us.
__________________

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2014-01-13 at 21:41.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 11:48   Link #96
Zenex
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I haven't posted here or even been here for a long time and have just read the latest 13 chapters.

It seem very obvious to me with Koala being here and Sabo revealing himself to Luffy and saying that he will take care of the Mera fruit, it is Sabo himself who knocked out everyone in the arena with King's haki.
it is still d block so sabo is not even in the ring...he may be in the stadium but until d block is done sabo is not in the center fighting?
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 12:41   Link #97
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Who said anything about Conqueror's Haki ?It might be,but not necessarily Haki.

Just Sabo's line alone "I'd heard of this happening before" is suspicious,he's in new world and he doesn't recognize Conqueror's Haki ?After the skip even the fodder recognizes Conqueror's Haki as we've seen in the Donfla vs Kuzan encounter.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 12:48   Link #98
Zenex
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Who said anything about Conqueror's Haki ?It might be,but not necessarily Haki.

Just Sabo's line alone "I'd heard of this happening before" is suspicious,he's in new world and he doesn't recognize Conqueror's Haki ?After the skip even the fodder recognizes Conqueror's Haki as we've seen in the Donfla vs Kuzan encounter.
This is one I agree with, Tho i am not against it being kings haki there is far from a garuntee that is what it was. I have read oher theories on other sites about it being other stuff.

edit: and see I just read a spoiler for 734 and....

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Zenex; 2014-01-13 at 14:22.
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 17:58   Link #99
Trax
Rock beats scissors
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
I'm pretty sure it was theorized before that Rebecca used some sort of insane speed, and I admit it is somewhat plausible. Supposedly things were over in a flash (and most couldn't see what happened). Speed is her thing, and just before this shocking development there was some foreshadowing with her father's flashback/inner monologue, and her being down could be explained by not being used to the stress of extreme speeds.

It can't be king's haki imo, even if there's someone with a super-powered version of it (so it can knock out strong people) there's no foaming at the mouth.

Still wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be something completely different, and all the different hints towards other possibilities was just Oda trolling.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 19:05   Link #100
Zenex
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
I'm pretty sure it was theorized before that Rebecca used some sort of insane speed, and I admit it is somewhat plausible. Supposedly things were over in a flash (and most couldn't see what happened). Speed is her thing, and just before this shocking development there was some foreshadowing with her father's flashback/inner monologue, and her being down could be explained by not being used to the stress of extreme speeds.

It can't be king's haki imo, even if there's someone with a super-powered version of it (so it can knock out strong people) there's no foaming at the mouth.

Still wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be something completely different, and all the different hints towards other possibilities was just Oda trolling.
well ya the whole chapter was mostly about her training with soldier and speed etc so it would make perfect sense for it to be some crazy speed feat and as you said she is down because of the stress it puts on her.

kings haki i am very interested it because:

- oda said if shanks let his kings haki out at fishman island he would have dropped everyone including hordy and his crew. This means oda has comfirmed it gets stronger and can knock out stronger people as it levels up. how High we dont know but maybe one could drop an admiral if powerful enough tho maybe that is to much but theoretically it is possible.

- When shanks used it on wb ship it cracked his ship which is physical damage so i have theorized that maybe one can use it to brake bones. if it can crack a ship it can crack a leg imo.

- that is what oda has let us see of it and we are half way so im waiting to see what other secrets it holds because the wg seemed rather concerned about it when luffy showed it at the war. This makes me think it does much more then lay out fodder.
Zenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.