4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-12-29, 03:02   Link #21
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

How they animated the school kid scene is really executed easier than in the novels. I had a hard time imagining how that particular scene would look like. Good job on the directors and shaft for that one.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 03:41   Link #22
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Probably one of the reason why Gaen wanted to turn Araragi into a God.
Actually, Gaen wanted to turn Shinobu into a god, because she had previous experience.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 03:45   Link #23
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Whelp! Kaiki dies at the end. Sad but true that we would see that coming as he made a few mistakes & left a mark of his death flag for being overconfident. Though... I'm not sure if he purposely being a death seeker throughout this arc.

Oh wait-! Kaiki actually do have feelings for Hitagi?! If yes, then the OP was totally justified! xD
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 04:25   Link #24
monir
cho~ kakkoii

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

This can't end like this. Darn it!!!!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 04:40   Link #25
Seras

anyone know what the piano bgm that played during the kaiki & gahara phone convo is called?
Seras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 04:58   Link #26
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

That whole segment when Kaiki convinced Nadeko and guided her towards a better future was emotional for me, seeing as how Kaiki was depicted all along as a nasty sort of person. Then that cliffhanger... why?!

Kaiki for one of the most interesting character in monogatari!
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 05:17   Link #27
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Agreed. Kaiki easily has been the highlight of this season of Monogatari. He can't just die like that. (NOT asking for spoilers or hints novel readers...)

I wonder how long it will take before we get another season. I refuse to accept the way it came to an end. I want more.....
Old 2013-12-29, 05:26   Link #28
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
it almost feels like kaiki was waiting to get attacked, why would he be walking around that area in the first place?
I think that it makes sense because he would want to avoid encountering with people who know him. That's why he chose a route which has less people. But it didn't work because of Ougi.
Old 2013-12-29, 05:32   Link #29
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I think that it makes sense because he would want to avoid encountering with people who know him. That's why he chose a route which has less people. But it didn't work because of Ougi.
In those fading thought process by Kaiki before he loses consciousness, he thinks the kid has found him by chance. The kid just isn't sane enough to "shadow him". I just hope whoever was shadowing him will be able to rescue/save Kaiki. It will be a true shame if he bites the dust just like that.

I loved that final thought of his too where he was so glad to make some money before he reaches hell. I'm sure he wants to bribe someone in hell to get a good spot where he can work on his tan uninterrupted.

He is the most interesting off-color guy in a show that is all about off-color. Please don't let him die yet.....
Old 2013-12-29, 05:43   Link #30
MartianMage

That ending... need more monogatari now! Why this cliffhanger?!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 05:50   Link #31
silvercover
Romance Expert

I have a bad feeling right now...
remember what kaiki said near the ending? that it was strange for oshino to not show himself in this situation?
well remember when he said it? when he said it just moments before he got hit?

try to connect what kaiki noted with what just happened to kaiki... do you see where im getting at now?
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 08:58   Link #32
ndqanh_vn

Good bye, Kaiki, you really save this tedious season for me. "Get away Araragi!" indeed...

Anybody else feel that the CG they use for the ...sea of snakes looks quite...funny?
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 09:00   Link #33
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seras View Post
anyone know what the piano bgm that played during the kaiki & gahara phone convo is called?
it's most likely the piano version of the OP.

And that end....what the shit. :/
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 09:03   Link #34
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymious1 View Post
it will continue in 2014. there is a preview lk clip on the aniplex site
Spoiler for link to monogatari s2 continuation clip. enjoy if u understand japanese:
Interesting. Is this the first they've spoken of this? I didn't think any more had been announced previously, but here they're saying Subaru Devil is next.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 09:36   Link #35
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Interesting. Is this the first they've spoken of this? I didn't think any more had been announced previously, but here they're saying Subaru Devil is next.
It makes sense since Hana is apart of second series.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 09:39   Link #36
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
why did he break his phone and sim cards?
His contract had been fulfilled, so I assume he discarded his sim card so that Hitagi couldn't contact him again since he had agreed to never set foot in that town again, save for this one exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
I think what he meant more was that with ougi backing this guy up, the chances of kaiki surviving is a lot lower than if the kid found out about him by himself.
Exactly. I doubt that the kid would've had the ability to shadow Kaiki and deliver the killing blow on his own, but with Ougi pulling the strings it all became so much easier. She does have a way with words
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 10:21   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wasn't too far off. I thought there were yaoi doujins in Nadeko's closet, but they were just regular doujins. Glad Kaiki was able to realize on time that it was the key to deceiving her, although in the end what he did was closer to a negotiation. He convinced her to give up her godhood instead of deceiving her.

Fun fact: Nadeko's manga is going to be published.

Only 11 pages though.

The end took me by surprise. I didn't expect Kaiki to get attacked in the final seconds of the anime. I really hope he'll survive, he's too good a character. Curse that Ougi! As if (indirectly) killing Mayoi wasn't enough! I'm starting to suspect she killed Meme as well. Kaiki himself thinks it's odd he didn't show up and is still nowhere to be found. Add to that the fact Ougi is using his name (which means she knows he's not coming back) and it's quite likely he's dead.

I find it ironic that Kanbaru (who seems important to Kaiki) indirectly cause Kaiki's demise. She was the one who stopped Araragi from chasing the remaining snake. If he had managed to killed before it infected the boy, then maybe this wouldn't have happened. Ougi would have probably found another way to kill him though.
Old 2013-12-29, 10:39   Link #38
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wasn't too far off. I thought there were yaoi doujins in Nadeko's closet, but they were just regular doujins. Glad Kaiki was able to realize on time that it was the key to deceiving her, although in the end what he did was closer to a negotiation. He convinced her to give up her godhood instead of deceiving her.
I got the impression that what she draw is ecchi doujin about her and Araragi though.

The dude in the manga script really looks like Araragi-clone.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 11:21   Link #39
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

The girl drew self-insert manga. She doesn't want to be a manga artist but also a female harem protagonist. If an actual series starts from these eleven pages it will rock my world.
Old 2013-12-29, 12:27   Link #40
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Spoiler for Might be NSFW:

Notice the lines that should be her thighs.

Nadeko confirmed to not wearing panties. In other words Kaiki got a face full of fourteen year old god pussy.

Blu-rays - They zoom out a bit and we see everything.