AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Monogatari Series Second Season - Episode 23 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 32 53.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 28.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 11.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-01-03, 21:08   Link #81
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
She didn't trick Nadeko into killing Araragi, that was pure Nadeko. All she did was trick her into becoming the snake god. And if Ougi really wanted to kill Araragi... she'd just kill him. This isn't some saturday morning cartoon where the bad guy needs to use some elaborate Joker-esque plan to beat the hero. Especially if she is the Darkness, since she could easily just swallow him up while they're talking one day.
Ougi likely has very limited freedom as of now to do what she wants. It is my opinion that she hesitates to deliberately kill people who aren't directly linked to her purpose of existence. I feel she limits herself to manipulation for now, only because it was a loophole that allow her to not break her own rules on being a punisher of liars.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 23:24   Link #82
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Did nobody else get the feeling (at the end of Otori) that Ougi simply made up her connection to "the Darkness" based on the events and suspicions she had just heard described by Koyomi? I don't have a strong basis for that suspicion, of course, but the fact that nothing Ougi described of herself could not have been inferred from the motivations of the Darkness described by Araragi, coupled with the deliberate provocativeness of the way she seemed to be baiting him, made it seem to me like she was just puffing herself up by association with the Darkness and might have had some other agenda.

Kinda off topic to this episode, but so far all I'm certain of is that Ougi's a schemer. I don't know if I can take for granted yet Ougi's representation of the Darkness's reasonings, nor her actual association with or control over its powers.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 60/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 06:10   Link #83
nanyatimz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
* sae mo
wasureta namida de
koori tsuita
omoi wa kirei de
ano kisetsu to
onaji kogarashi ga
futari no jikan wo ima wa *
kanjigai ichiji kinou mayoi
* sentimentalism
eien ni mitsukara na * na
mou ichido mou niidoto
ienai kotoba wa
osanai mama yasashii mama
kajikana kioku
mou ichido mou niidoto
iwanai kotae mo
kanashii mama kawaii mama
nukimori dake * wasurete

* need help... XD
Please help me complete the romaji lyrics of kogarashi sentimental
thanks in advance :-D
nanyatimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 09:16   Link #84
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In my delusions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Did nobody else get the feeling (at the end of Otori) that Ougi simply made up her connection to "the Darkness" based on the events and suspicions she had just heard described by Koyomi? I don't have a strong basis for that suspicion, of course, but the fact that nothing Ougi described of herself could not have been inferred from the motivations of the Darkness described by Araragi, coupled with the deliberate provocativeness of the way she seemed to be baiting him, made it seem to me like she was just puffing herself up by association with the Darkness and might have had some other agenda.

Kinda off topic to this episode, but so far all I'm certain of is that Ougi's a schemer. I don't know if I can take for granted yet Ougi's representation of the Darkness's reasonings, nor her actual association with or control over its powers.
You don't have to take everything literally and superficially in Monogatari.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 10:40   Link #85
Dusk252
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanyatimz View Post
* sae mo
wasureta namida de
koori tsuita
omoi wa kirei de
ano kisetsu to
onaji kogarashi ga
futari no jikan wo ima wa *
kanjigai ichiji kinou mayoi
* sentimentalism
eien ni mitsukara na * na
mou ichido mou niidoto
ienai kotoba wa
osanai mama yasashii mama
kajikana kioku
mou ichido mou niidoto
iwanai kotae mo
kanashii mama kawaii mama
nukimori dake * wasurete

* need help... XD
Please help me complete the romaji lyrics of kogarashi sentimental
thanks in advance :-D
Alright. I can't believe I registered just to help out on this but seeing as I was looking for the lyrics for this myself, I just had to. Yours provide a nice base for me to work off. Fortunately, the OP itself provides karaoke in Japanese, which makes the work a lot easier, even for a beginner learner such as myself.

riyuu sae mo
wasureteta namida de
koori tsuita
omoide wa kirei de
ano kisetsu to
onaji kogarashi ga
futari no jikan wo ima maki modosu
kanjigai ichiji no kino mayoi
arifureta sentimentalism
eien ni mitsukaranai setsuna
mou ichido mou nidoto
ienai kotoba wa
osanai mama yasashii mama
kajikanda kioku
mou ichido mou nidoto
iwanai kotae mo
kanashii mama kawaii mama
nukimori dake oki wasurete

Things in dark red are words that you just misunderstood slightly, either having one more sound or missing sounds that are actually written in hiragana on the screen. For the rest, here's the original words:
*理由
*巻き戻す
*気の
*ありふれた - completely in hiragana, easy to read
*刹那
*置き

And there you go. Pretty sure this is it. Still took me some time but heck, I'm crazy like that. Thank you for asking for help on this xD

Last edited by Dusk252; 2014-01-06 at 10:51.
Dusk252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 18:54   Link #86
nanyatimz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Mr. Dusk, thank you very much... :-D
I collect the romaji for the BD's I'm going to work at...
nanyatimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 01:20   Link #87
kamehameha455
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
IMO was an excellent series,the final is so dramatic ,but I'm very disappointed of Senjougahara,because she totally fell for Kaiki,since Bakemonotogari ,Araragi told her ,that as a couple , they should discuss any matter related to both,and Senlougahara lied to him.she met Kiaki ,deceiving Araragi
Also offered her body to him , and in the last day, she tried to see Kaiki just to say goodbye in a more sentimental way,and she called him many,many times , my perception is that Senjougahara wanted to finish the cycle(2 years ago) with Kiaki to have an affair and probably sex with him, the only thing is that Kiaki was also in love with her and he respected her very much,that's why he didn't do it ,but that was the only thing that saved Araragi, to be betrayed.
I hope that in the next season Araragi dumps Senjougahara,they are not the best couple ,IMO Hanekawa is much better suited than Senjougahara,to be Araragi's girlfriend.
kamehameha455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 09:43   Link #88
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
You need to rewatch. She never offered her body to him. She suggested that she'd sell her body to others to raise the money needed to pay him. As for calling many times, she kind of needed updates to keep herself from worrying. Her life was on the line, and she was trusting a known swindler. And saying goodbye to someone you had a job contract with is more proper manners than being sentimental.

Also, you clearly didn't pay attention to anything if you thought Kaiki loved her. The only person he loved was Kanbaru's mother.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 03:45   Link #89
kamehameha455
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You need to rewatch. She never offered her body to him. She suggested that she'd sell her body to others to raise the money needed to pay him. As for calling many times, she kind of needed updates to keep herself from worrying. Her life was on the line, and she was trusting a known swindler. And saying goodbye to someone you had a job contract with is more proper manners than being sentimental.

Also, you clearly didn't pay attention to anything if you thought Kaiki loved her. The only person he loved was Kanbaru's mother.
It's no excuse at all ,because she MUST told Koyomi about the problem,they are supoused to be a couple,in chapter 5 Bakemono,at the end ,Koyomi told her to make a promise ,to talk everything between them,she just broke the odd.They both have talk with Kiaki,and try to solve the things together She was going to go alll the way with Kiaki in their meting in Okinawa,she was very impressed about the new looks of Kiaki with the hawaiian shirt and is very evident, she is so interested in him. Hitagi likes older guys,she confessed to Hanekawa that she had a Elecktra complex and gets exited when she sleeps in her father's futton,there are million of signals about Hitagi falling for Kiaki and she is very,very volute and vane, actually she confessed to Koyomi and pushed him to be her boyfriend,I don't know the reason he did not reject her,because Koyomi was in love with Hanekawa.
And You are very right ,Kiaki was in love with Kanbarus's mother ,thats the reason he rejected the advances from Hitagi. Even at breaking his simcard he assured no more calls from her ,because he knew it will happen, Hitagi is a dark and malicious person,she is very violent and hope that Koyomi gets rids from her.
kamehameha455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 15:20   Link #90
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
You totally missed the point here. Hitagi doesn't like Kaiki, she blames herself and him for what happened to her mother, even when she has a good grasp on the situation. That was what the whole convo about that case on the cult with Yotsugi was about, he didn't understand that bond Hitagi had with her mother, so when Hitagi says she will never let that go her whole life, she actually means it. So no, she isn't in love with Kaiki, she used him, just like she said.

As for the Electra Complex, she has a papa crush, which is understandable, because her dad is pretty awesome. The anime doesn't show it much, but he did a crapton for her as single parent, saddled with a kid and a truckton of debt. There was even a cute scene in Tsubasa Tiger between them that we unfortunately missed. Basically, she just loves her daddy.

As for that promise you mentioned, Koyomi breaks it all the time, so he can't say anything.
__________________


Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 17:56   Link #91
kamehameha455
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
You totally missed the point here. Hitagi doesn't like Kaiki, she blames herself and him for what happened to her mother, even when she has a good grasp on the situation. That was what the whole convo about that case on the cult with Yotsugi was about, he didn't understand that bond Hitagi had with her mother, so when Hitagi says she will never let that go her whole life, she actually means it. So no, she isn't in love with Kaiki, she used him, just like she said.

As for the Electra Complex, she has a papa crush, which is understandable, because her dad is pretty awesome. The anime doesn't show it much, but he did a crapton for her as single parent, saddled with a kid and a truckton of debt. There was even a cute scene in Tsubasa Tiger between them that we unfortunately missed. Basically, she just loves her daddy.

As for that promise you mentioned, Koyomi breaks it all the time, so he can't say anything.
I respect your ideas,but the truth is ,Hitagi has an insane attraction for Kiaki,c'mon there are many times when Hitagi did many flukes against Kiaki,she is supoused to be really cool,and finally she behaved like a dumb in front of Kiaki, when they meet at the donut shop ,she asked him about a reservation with a lady,he said no lady that night and Hitagi make that weird sound with her mouth,because she was angry,the reason that Kiaki don't consider her a woman. She wants to be appealing at him.I can tell You many other details ,but if You don't want to see them is ok.
Koyomi have never broke the promise to Hitagi,if he plays around with other "girls" because they are even ghost or eccentricities,never with a real girl,is because he is just a teenager,I know is wrong,but I'll bet that Hitagi allows him to do so,but Hitagi's behavior is much serious,she is dealing with a mid 30's guy. She clearly knows the facts and risks> She went to Okinawa to offer her body to Kiaki,If she was only interested in sell her body to anyone ,just to raise money for him ,she would get first the price from Kiaki and then without telling him about prostitution ,she could go back to her town and sell her body and rise money,telling him that she was offering her body was an invitation for him to have sex.
Clear as cristal
If a Hitagi told Kiaki that she is selling her body to pay a debt ,she is committed to have sex with him,and If they turn to do it,Do You believe that Hitagi would talk about it to Koyomi...I don't think so

She is a real bit**

And is not a papa crush,she told Hanekawa ,that she gets EXITED in her fathers bed

Last edited by kamehameha455; 2014-01-15 at 18:24.
kamehameha455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 08:05   Link #92
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In my delusions
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha455 View Post
I respect your ideas,but the truth is ,Hitagi has an insane attraction for Kiaki,c'mon there are many times when Hitagi did many flukes against Kiaki,she is supoused to be really cool,and finally she behaved like a dumb in front of Kiaki, when they meet at the donut shop ,she asked him about a reservation with a lady,he said no lady that night and Hitagi make that weird sound with her mouth,because she was angry,the reason that Kiaki don't consider her a woman. She wants to be appealing at him.I can tell You many other details ,but if You don't want to see them is ok.
Koyomi have never broke the promise to Hitagi,if he plays around with other "girls" because they are even ghost or eccentricities,never with a real girl,is because he is just a teenager,I know is wrong,but I'll bet that Hitagi allows him to do so,but Hitagi's behavior is much serious,she is dealing with a mid 30's guy. She clearly knows the facts and risks> She went to Okinawa to offer her body to Kiaki,If she was only interested in sell her body to anyone ,just to raise money for him ,she would get first the price from Kiaki and then without telling him about prostitution ,she could go back to her town and sell her body and rise money,telling him that she was offering her body was an invitation for him to have sex.
Clear as cristal
If a Hitagi told Kiaki that she is selling her body to pay a debt ,she is committed to have sex with him,and If they turn to do it,Do You believe that Hitagi would talk about it to Koyomi...I don't think so

She is a real bit**

And is not a papa crush,she told Hanekawa ,that she gets EXITED in her fathers bed
All the things Altima wrote are facts actually, not just some idea she thought of.
You really need to watch the show again since you failed to understand the arc and the characters in a whole.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 11:37   Link #93
kamehameha455
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
All the things Altima wrote are facts actually, not just some idea she thought of.
You really need to watch the show again since you failed to understand the arc and the characters in a whole.
First of all I really like the anime ,Kaiki is awesome,and Hitagi in her way is also awesome,I can rewatch the arc ,I've done twice ,but If You still don't see the author's view ,sorry guys but you are so naive, Hitagi is a very inexperienced girl, she is dealing with a professional swindler,easily Kiaki could have sex with her,the reason ,he didn't ,he was not interested,that's for sure
And Hitagi is pushing him in a way ,because is a nonsense to tell him about selling her body,that is only a hook,because in real world to raise that kind of money selling her body ,she needs to get laid at least 30 times in case she will charge 100000 yens per session.(equivalent to 3 million yens from Gaen) And that my friends is so stupid .
In the real world prostitution is a serious mater,and is controlled in a way,could be very cheap (third world countries) to very expensive ,anyone can have a TOP RATED Hooker for $1000 USD,equivalent to 100000 yens ,also prostitution is controlled by the law,but is tolerated,that is why guys ,Hitagi's idea to have sex is to compromise Kiaki in a way,and as I told before ,there is no excuse of her in dealing the problem without Koyomi.

The intro song of the arc is so enlightening,just Hitagi and Kiaki
with some weird subliminal messages. No Koyomi at all.
Again this is one of my favorite shows,I'm expecting the next season, but I hope that Koyomi and Hitagi end their relation,also I'm pretty sure is not the ending of Kiaki,he is just a marvelous anti hero,love his works

Last edited by Konakaga; 2014-01-17 at 01:55.
kamehameha455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 19:09   Link #94
silvercover
Romance Expert
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
please learn to add more enter spaces to make it easier to the eyes.

also you must remember how the author and the studio are trolls. try not to take it too seriously, a lot of the antics are just the characters messing around with each other.

as for the above, we(and hitagi) dont know how much kaiki would honestly charge her. maybe it would have just been 1 million, or maybe even 500 thousand. using gaen's money is unfair, she may have even just added a crap ton more than what kaiki normally charges.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 01:07   Link #95
kamehameha455
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
please learn to add more enter spaces to make it easier to the eyes.

also you must remember how the author and the studio are trolls. try not to take it too seriously, a lot of the antics are just the characters messing around with each other.

as for the above, we(and hitagi) dont know how much kaiki would honestly charge her. maybe it would have just been 1 million, or maybe even 500 thousand. using gaen's money is unfair, she may have even just added a crap ton more than what kaiki normally charges.
Trust me I'm not taking this seriously ,this is for fun,but my point is that the author/studio developed a dark and bitchy Hitagi to add a great plot,from the beginning Hitagi was a person with a psychopath attitude. Afterward ,she became, ia sweet girl,with some tsundere issues, but the perfect girlfriend,and her importance in the series just faded.

Now comes this twist ,the attraction to another dark character,but anyway I'm in the opinion ,that Hitagi has crush in Kiaki.

As for the money,what Kiaki could charge is an easy guess,because he is an exorcist,they have to say market price.
If Oshino charged Koyomi 5 million yens,for his job , then,should be around that quantity.

I hope that Koyomi chooses the Hanekawa route,

Last edited by kamehameha455; 2014-01-17 at 02:18. Reason: Please try to be more civil, k?
kamehameha455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 20:33   Link #96
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In my delusions
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha455 View Post
Hitagi is a very inexperienced girl, she is dealing with a professional swindler,easily Kiaki could have sex with her,the reason ,he didn't ,he was not interested,that's for sure
And Hitagi is pushing him in a way ,because is a nonsense to tell him about selling her body,that is only a hook,because in real world to raise that kind of money selling her body ,she needs to get laid at least 30 times in case she will charge 100000 yens per session.(equivalent to 3 million yens from Gaen) And that my friends is so stupid .
In the real world prostitution is a serious mater,and is controlled in a way,could be very cheap (third world countries) to very expensive ,anyone can have a TOP RATED Hooker for $1000 USD,equivalent to 100000 yens ,also prostitution is controlled by the law,but is tolerated,that is why guys ,Hitagi's idea to have sex is to compromise Kiaki in a way,and as I told before ,there is no excuse of her in dealing the problem without Koyomi.

The intro song of the arc is so enlightening,just Hitagi and Kiaki
with some weird subliminal messages. No Koyomi at all.
Again this is one of my favorite shows,I'm expecting the next season, but I hope that Koyomi and Hitagi end their relation,also I'm pretty sure is not the ending of Kiaki,he is just a marvelous anti hero,love his works
I don't really get it why is it that you have to keep forcing yourself into believing that Gahara is eagerly wanting to sell her body in order to save Araragi and herself from Sengoku's threat. It was a just a matter of speech based on the current situation that only forced her to spout out something like that.

Quote:
but If You still don't see the author's view ,sorry guys but you are so naive,
Lol. You are comparing your understanding towards the series which is most probably from just watching the anime with some people here that are actually reading the novels (which understands moon) and watching the show-- I don't really see why the novel readers being naive and cannot grasp the author intention when they directly read his works word by word, rather than just watching stuff with most of the contents were cut out from the original sources.

Spoiler for :
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 00:22   Link #97
kamehameha455
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
I don't really get it why is it that you have to keep forcing yourself into believing that Gahara is eagerly wanting to sell her body in order to save Araragi and herself from Sengoku's threat. It was a just a matter of speech based on the current situation that only forced her to spout out something like that.

But it is a fact,she DID IT,I don't care the reasons, but she was willingly to have sex ,Can be lots of other ways,good and bad ways,to get the money .Speaking with her friends and boyfriend,was the best option,TOGETHER they could rise a good quantity of money and solve the problem .Sex was the only option she proposed to Kiaki,and as I told before ,that was only a hook,she keep all this to herself and Kiaki,only Hanekawa discovered this plot,but only a part of this ,but was by luck. Hitagi like to decieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
Lol. You are comparing your understanding towards the series which is most probably from just watching the anime with some people here that are actually reading the novels (which understands moon) and watching the show-- I don't really see why the novel readers being naive and cannot grasp the author intention when they directly read his works word by word, rather than just watching stuff with most of the contents were cut out from the original sources.
You are so lucky, I assume You can read japanese, sadly I can't ,But HERE my friend we are in Episode 23 Discussion [ANIME!!!] As we know ,Animes,Mangas and Light Novels,have subtle differences, you can enlighten us ,but in a different thread and I will be grateful to understand the LIGHT NOVEL

Spoiler for :


again ,wrong place,.....then ,please blame Aniplex ,Shaft and Kodasha,I'm a simply mortal which has enjoyed only the Anime


why people can't accept ,that Hitagi is sick and her feelings are volute my only point is that I wish Koyomi dumps her,but I know that is never gone to happen,cause he is very rightful and nice.
In the Anime,the relation Kiaki -Hitagi is not so evident ,but is very real ,the author did not want to destroy Hitagi's image from a sweet loving girlfriend to a first class naughty girl.

But .....

Last edited by kamehameha455; 2014-01-18 at 04:21. Reason: correcting
kamehameha455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 05:10   Link #98
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In my delusions
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha455 View Post
But it is a fact,she DID IT,I don't care the reasons, but she was willingly to have sex ,Can be lots of other ways,good and bad ways,to get the money .Speaking with her friends and boyfriend,was the best option,TOGETHER they could rise a good quantity of money and solve the problem .Sex was the only option she proposed to Kiaki,and as I told before ,that was only a hook,she keep all this to herself and Kiaki,only Hanekawa discovered this plot,but only a part of this ,but was by luck. Hitagi like to decieve



You are so lucky, I assume You can read japanese, sadly I can't ,But HERE my friend we are in Episode 23 Discussion [ANIME!!!] As we know ,Animes,Mangas and Light Novels,have subtle differences, you can enlighten us ,but in a different thread and I will be grateful to understand the LIGHT NOVEL

Spoiler for :


again ,wrong place,.....then ,please blame Aniplex ,Shaft and Kodasha,I'm a simply mortal which has enjoyed only the Anime


why people can't accept ,that Hitagi is sick and her feelings are volute my only point is that I wish Koyomi dumps her,but I know that is never gone to happen,cause he is very rightful and nice.
In the Anime,the relation Kiaki -Hitagi is not so evident ,but is very real ,the author did not want to destroy Hitagi's image from a sweet loving girlfriend to a first class naughty girl.

But .....
Well I guess no point discussing this matter with you since you totally take all of it into your own perception and understanding and totally disregard others' point of views.
I mentioned the novel earlier because I just wanted to tell that your point is not as exactly right as you thought it was because you only take all of the things shown in the anime superficially without really trying to understand the conversations occurs between Gahara-Kaiki and Gahara-Hanekawa in depth. I will not bring further the LN topic in this thread, and I don't even feel like it actually.


-Hitagi sweet loving girlfriend
lol. you really need to revise back the root and the nature of the character.

You have missed a lot of points while watching the show, both superficial and underlying ones. And since we are talking about episode 23 (26), please do tell me, if you please, what do you understand from the episode. Anything could do. I will not reply to any of your later posts since I clearly made my statement in the first line of this post.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 06:51   Link #99
kamehameha455
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
Well I guess no point discussing this matter with you since you totally take all of it into your own perception and understanding and totally disregard others' point of views.
I mentioned the novel earlier because I just wanted to tell that your point is not as exactly right as you thought it was because you only take all of the things shown in the anime superficially without really trying to understand the conversations occurs between Gahara-Kaiki and Gahara-Hanekawa in depth. I will not bring further the LN topic in this thread, and I don't even feel like it actually.
again light novel ,wrong place

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
-Hitagi sweet loving girlfriend
lol. you really need to revise back the root and the nature of the character.
You're right I messed here ,but well ,she is supposed to be in love with Koyomi , OK ,she is a sweet psycho girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
You have missed a lot of points while watching the show, both superficial and underlying ones. And since we are talking about episode 23 (26), please do tell me, if you please, what do you understand from the episode. Anything could do. I will not reply to any of your later posts since I clearly made my statement in the first line of this post.
You are making this a ruff ride and is no use,I accept that You have a better perception about the "whole" thing,because the novel is much much better than the anime,but my point is so easy,I'm criticizing Htagi's attitude,that's it .no less no more.

as You said ,I can miss a lot of points ,data ,whatever,but the reality...,she offered her body to Kiaki that's it .Simple and clear.And You should accept it,if you are excusing Hitagi attitude ,ok ,but IMO she is double dealing Koyomi.

I don't need to clarify my understandings of the whole arc,because light novel perception is different than anime,and even is the same show ,details are different is like comparing 2 snow flakes ,both are the same but not equal.
be free to enlight me with details about the arc,and if You please can explain me the opening song of that arc ,because still confuses me a lot

Last edited by kamehameha455; 2014-01-18 at 08:20.
kamehameha455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 13:38   Link #100
Dodgers
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Age: 24
^ It's natural that novel readers have a better grasp on the story considering adaptations can only cover so much in a given timeframe (and Monogatari S2 is no different), but at the same time, it's not that hard to grasp the smaller details each arc if you're willing to pay attention to small details, read between the lines, and ultimately see the whole picture. For instance, it's not necessary to read the novel to see that Hitagi was very desperate to save at least Koyomi no matter what, and she was willing to go as far to offer her body as payment, which says a lot about someone who was traumatized by attempted rape in the past. It also doesn't take a novel to understand why she haven't told Koyomi about this: it's obvious she would've told him about this if it weren't for Koyomi himself, who has enough beef with Kaiki to flat-out reject the idea of asking help from him. Sure, selling your body is usually not the most honorable thing in the world, but the world isn't just black and white, and in a way this is the most recurring theme of this franchise.

Point is: you do have a point about novel and anime having different stances when it comes to percieving the content (and it doesn't help that Shaft had to cut out some content from each story arc), but this series IMO is still one of those titles that you shouldn't watch if you're aiming for an easy, spoon-feeding entertainment. Even the adaptation "sabotages" this when the vast majority of the dialogue is written in a fashion where even the most casual chatter, or a nonchalantly said sentence (or heck, even a word) can hold significant importance to the arc's theme and main character later if not right on the spot, and fortunately Shaft is willing to use the medium to give further enhancement to a part of these details. For instance, the body language of Hitagi in Koi's first episode gives it away that she's much more frightened/desperate about the situation than she lets it on (instead of being a cheap hooker...), and in general, there's a reason why Shaft puts so much emphasis on something like body language, or zooming on a character when he/she says or hears a thing that is important to him/her (like "good morning/night" in Neko:Shiro, to pick a subtle one). The lack of 100% adaptation of course makes it harder to draw conclusions, but the direction in general always assumes that the viewer is willing to not take everything at face-value and is willing to think about the story with an open mind, so even if Shaft doesn't deliver the 100% package to anime-only viewers, you can still figure things out for the most part if you're paying attention. To be fair, even as an anime-only viewer I can tell that Kabuki should've gotten at least 5 episodes instead of 4, but even that arc has the "meaty" element to a certain degree in things like why not the four swords, but a simple pat on the head was the thing that solved the situation.
Dodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.