AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-06-12, 11:08   Link #121
Death Usagi
Death by Re

I sense tons of Shinon doujins incoming in the near future >_>;;
Old 2014-06-12, 11:40   Link #122
konart

Send a message via Skype™ to konart
New art from SAO web site:

Spoiler for pic:
Old 2014-06-12, 13:30   Link #123
Netto Azure
→ Asada Shino

That's some great abec style art there.
Old 2014-06-16, 00:21   Link #124
c933103
FTNR

As announced previously, There will be buses wrapped with SAO ads in 7 regions, and in this tweet, it include a image of how the Korean version of the bus would look like: https://twitter.com/ANIPLUSTV/status...990592/photo/1
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 01:18   Link #125
Netto Azure
→ Asada Shino

Sigh. I repeat yet again. The only time I can't go to Anime Expo, they do this to me. Jeez, and here I thought not going to Sakura-con was bad LOL.
Old 2014-06-19, 13:05   Link #126
l.kostas

Sword Art Online II's 5th Promo Introduces Kirito's Mission

"The official website for the Sword Art Online television anime began streaming the fifth in a series of short promotional videos for the Sword Art Online II series on Friday. The video features narration from Kirito:
The real person Shino has not returned from the virtual world. I don't believe that's possible. But, I'll head there if there is a one percent possibility."
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 14:03   Link #127
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
Sword Art Online II's 5th Promo Introduces Kirito's Mission

"The official website for the Sword Art Online television anime began streaming the fifth in a series of short promotional videos for the Sword Art Online II series on Friday. The video features narration from Kirito:
The real person Shino has not returned from the virtual world. I don't believe that's possible. But, I'll head there if there is a one percent possibility."
It seems Anime News Network'previous translation was wrong. Here is the correct one:

"From the virtual world, causing the deaths of real people... I can't believe that's a possibility. But, I'll head there if there is a one percent possibility."

Here is an alternate translation by an ANN form user:

"Real people are dying because of the virtual world. I don't believe that's possible. To find out if there's any chance, I will log in."
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 14:58   Link #128
Dr. Casey

"The Virtual World causing people to die in real life... I don't believe that's possible. Even though I was stuck in a game for two years where I was surrounded by that happening every day."

Kirito, what.

Unless he means that GGO might be killing people that aren't involved with the game?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 15:14   Link #129
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
"The Virtual World causing people to die in real life... I don't believe that's possible. Even though I was stuck in a game for two years where I was surrounded by that happening every day."

Kirito, what.

Unless he means that GGO might be killing people that aren't involved with the game?
The virtual world wasn't killing people, NerveGear, the hardware people had used to access it, was killing people. One detail the first series omitted was that it's successor Amusphere is supposed to be physically incapable of pulling off the same thing.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 03:50   Link #130
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
The virtual world wasn't killing people, NerveGear, the hardware people had used to access it, was killing people. One detail the first series omitted was that it's successor Amusphere is supposed to be physically incapable of pulling off the same thing.
Usage of Nervegear in Japan is banned after the SAO incident happen
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 13:02   Link #131
rladls2121

Kirito new looks is better than that fairy-looking form but still less than SAO's form.

I dislike long range weapons such as the one Sinon uses.
For me, it is too hard to use, it is better to go closer to have more accurate shot.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 11:35   Link #132
CptChaos

So Yui won't be in this arc?

Edit by LKK: Answer this question by PM. No spoilers are allowed in this thread.

Last edited by LKK; 2014-06-22 at 12:05. Reason: added PM message
CptChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 19:52   Link #133
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Hm, someone should go call up the animation studio and find out of this is 2 cours.

Because I am very ... kininarimasu.

^ My weeaboo moment of the day.

On a serious note ... SAO season 1 PVs showed absolutely nothing about ALO, so there are pretty good chances we'll see a 2nd cour for the 2nd season too. (Assuming they do the same thing this time around.) *Crosses fingers*

Weeeeell, if they know where the money is, they'll definitely milk the BD sales with 24 episodes.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 02:38   Link #134
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I too would be very surprised if this doesn't end up being a 2-cour 25-episode season, like the first one. Obviously there are no guarantees in life, but it seems like a safe bet to me.
Old 2014-06-26, 11:38   Link #135
l.kostas

Sword Art Online II's Long Promo Video Reveals Sinon's Stakes:

Sinon: I've started getting panic attacks just by seeing photos or video of guns. The stronger Sinon gets, the stronger I can become in reality, too... That's what I believed as I continued to fight with Hecate II.
Kirito: I can't believe that someone from the virtual world can bring death to someone in reality.
Sinon: This kind of pain... Yes... Compared to that time...
Kirito: I wonder if it's really possible... That that girl is Death Gun...
Sinon: If I defeat all enemies, and confirm that I am the strongest... At that time, surely...
Kirito: If we cross swords... No... If we cross bullets, I'm sure I'll understand something.
Sinon: Show me you can die at gunpoint, even in just a game!!
Sinon: Sword Art Online II: Activated.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 12:07   Link #136
Faerie
10% but stupid as toast

Alright, someone please clear up my confusion: where is this show going e.g. What is it's overarching purpose? Are the 2nd arc and this one filler?
Is the show about FOTM games and girls? I'm a bit lost as to the overall purpose of this series, is there a point, or is it like, to use an extreme example, Detective Conan: lots of filler and the occasional bite size chunk relevant to the original/underlying plot?

Spoiler-free answers only please (please don't PM me spoilers either)
Old 2014-06-26, 12:20   Link #137
Rageth
That Guy

It hard to determine or explain what the "main purpose" of the series is. For the most part, it all still goes back to the first arc, and the SAO incident, and how many lives it affected both directly and indirectly. If the third arc's events are a direct result of what happened in SAO.

It's sort of like that..
Rageth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 12:35   Link #138
konart

Send a message via Skype™ to konart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Alright, someone please clear up my confusion: where is this show going e.g. What is it's overarching purpose? Are the 2nd arc and this one filler?
Is the show about FOTM games and girls? I'm a bit lost as to the overall purpose of this series, is there a point, or is it like, to use an extreme example, Detective Conan: lots of filler and the occasional bite size chunk relevant to the original/underlying plot?

No, both 2nd arc and this arc are not filler.
This is going toward Accel World
Old 2014-06-26, 12:38   Link #139
Rageth
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
This is going toward Accel World
That's mostly a fan-theory at this point.
Rageth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-26, 13:07   Link #140
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post

I guess one way of looking at it is that, while the game settings for SAO might change, the examining of virtual worlds, the effect they have on people and the psyche, and what truly defines reality pretty much remains constant. At least that's how I look at it .

It also looks like season 2 is going to at least somewhat come back to the idea of a death game with Gun Gale Online.