AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Old 2009-02-25, 06:04   Link #2981
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I dont think I could ever be bored of Mahou Sensei Negima well but still since Ken´s works have bin good so far, i am a bit curious on what he has instores for the next project ones this one is done( hope will never come lol )
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 09:58   Link #2982
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

while its another tourement its nowhere as largescale as Mahou tourement ... pretty much everything but the final battle is cut short
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 12:53   Link #2983
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye, looking over the comments by the folks reading the scans... I may be very hard pressed to keep buying this series no matter how fond I am of the characters. I can hear the "milking" sounds through the intertubes.

I have a very clear memory of reading the first few Perry Rhodan science fiction serial novels when I was a kid. Thought they were worth following ... and then I stumbled across Volume 461 in a book sale. "No I don't think so..." were my words and I never bought another.

If the stories remain compelling with plot advancement or character evolution, I'm probably good but I have no desire to follow "never-ending-serial-narugima".
I was first introduced into anime/manga with Love Hina, thinking it was at first the best thing ever, then I got tired of it...Then I was introduced, through mangaka association, Negima, and thought Love Hina was stupid and thus found Negima the best thing ever...It was a nice change from the mundane and tedious because it was a pretty exciting shounen title with some interesting character types...

I still like Negima, but I'm starting to wonder if this is going to drag on forever like your typical shounen series like Naruto or Bleach, going on fight-after-fight until the audience drops dead from old age..."Final battle with the main antagonist? Oh no, a new threat appears!"

Sian quotes the alleged end at around chapter ~400; We're on chapter 242 right now...Naruto is at 436 and Bleach is at 346, so look how long each has been running for an estimation of how much longer Negima is going to run, time-wise...Of course, assuming that it actually ends around ~400 chapters, and Akamatsu doesn't decide he's going to run with it some more...

...and yet, week after week I come back for more in the next chapter, and every couple of months I take advantage of my Boarder's Rewards to get the latest volume release in America...
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 13:32   Link #2984
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... i'd say that Negima have been much better to keep filler out (i can offhand count 2 chapters which didn't promote the plot in one way or another, negi's search for the ring in the school bath between Festival and MW act, and the onsen in MW) and keeping an extensive background story which it refers to fairly often, and a lot of loose ends which still have to be tied up
Old 2009-02-25, 18:33   Link #2985
Necromas

Bah, screwed up my equation the first time, Negi would have to weigh about 300 pounds to have enough kinetic energy to match the energy of 1,000 lightning bolts if he was moving at 150km/s.

Last edited by Necromas; 2009-02-25 at 19:00.
Necromas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 11:32   Link #2986
BerryDoyle

Quote:
Bah, screwed up my equation the first time, Negi would have to weigh about 300 pounds to have enough kinetic energy to match the energy of 1,000 lightning bolts if he was moving at 150km/s.
Please don't take manga that seriously. And if you have ever read the Laws of Anime, you would know that the normal laws of physics don't apply. Or did you realize that and that's why you fixed your equation? But seriously, it's magic. Laws of physics don't apply to MAGIC.
BerryDoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 11:40   Link #2987
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryDoyle View Post
Please don't take manga that seriously. And if you have ever read the Laws of Anime, you would know that the normal laws of physics don't apply. Or did you realize that and that's why you fixed your equation? But seriously, it's magic. Laws of physics don't apply to MAGIC.
Really...Shunpo? Any person that could project themselves at that kind of instantaneous velocity would have a damn hard time also instantaneously stopping themselves without using some sort of opposing force to take in that kinetic energy, such as a concrete wall or an automobile, of course with some collateral damage on both objects too...
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 14:13   Link #2988
Necromas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryDoyle View Post
Please don't take manga that seriously.
Who said I was taking it seriously?
Necromas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 05:35   Link #2989
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromas View Post
Who said I was taking it seriously?
Does it matter?
Old 2009-02-27, 09:54   Link #2990
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally find this thread
I don't read the manga but i know its the continuation to the anime .
I just watch some pages in the last chapter 242 and Wow someone can tell me if it was really Negi ??? the little magician in the school ?? because , he's a badass now or it was Negi's father ? and his friend , i saw Negima alba ova 2 and he was little , now he grow up .
So its many years later ? What happens to the others girls in the school ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 10:29   Link #2991
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

honestly ... do yourself a favor and read the manga first

the manga AREN'T a continuation of the Anime ... the anime is a adaption decay of the manga raping it several times over
Old 2009-02-27, 16:12   Link #2992
BlueDo

Lol, well said, Sian

And Sho, the manga is way different
Negima is pretty much a typical shounen manga, just it has a big harem...
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 16:14   Link #2993
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
just it has a big harem...
Like you said, pretty much a typical Shounen manga.
Old 2009-02-27, 17:35   Link #2994
AstroNerdBoy

Early spoiler images for 243, y'all. ^_^

http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/200...er-images.html

I guess the Japanese are making up for the long wait two weeks ago.
Old 2009-02-27, 17:38   Link #2995
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Early spoiler images for 243, y'all. ^_^

http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/200...er-images.html

I guess the Japanese are making up for the long wait two weeks ago.
Spoiler for 243 spoilers:
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 17:57   Link #2996
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Lol, well said, Sian

And Sho, the manga is way different
Negima is pretty much a typical shounen manga, just it has a big harem...
Well , i see that . The anime was kinda disappointing but some part was fun .
I watch the 8 last chapters and it was great now i understand , Negi is Nagi in the tournament and he use a magic to change his form . His friend too . The battle with Rankas was amazing .
Ako is the little girl with red hair right ? she was in maid outfit and she love Negi . And it seems Negi like her too , am i right ? or he like Asuna like the anime ?

Someone can tell me what is the chapter when Negi go find his father with the club ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 18:26   Link #2997
Xacual

You skipped ahead to the last few chapters? You really need to start from either the beginning or I think its around 55, the end of the Kyoto arc.
Old 2009-02-27, 18:34   Link #2998
ellifeedn
Thinker

I would suggest reading from the beginning and to forget everything seen in the anime.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 18:36   Link #2999
BlueDo

I think he means the magic world arc, that's around 177+
But seriously, start from the beginning.
Important stories you don't want to miss.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 20:13   Link #3000
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
You skipped ahead to the last few chapters? You really need to start from either the beginning or I think its around 55, the end of the Kyoto arc.
The Kyoto lamest arc is kyoto arc, but still not lame enough to read nothing is lame about Negima

Still okei im really looking forward towards the next chapter, it also seems that Rakan did get back up as expected.

I think that Negi will unlock the true power and its core of his dark magic. Like Rakan said when he preformed Magia Erebea this is only a fragment of its true core.

Tags
action, fantasy