AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-13, 05:52   Link #4481
kwendy
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Russia
Quote:
Actually no, Ki and magic come from different sources. Eva states that Ki and magic will conflict without compatibility practice, a strange thing if their sources would be the same. (Chapter 60)
Well, my bad: 've chosen wrong word. "Without incantions it looks almost no different from the concentration of Ki. Well, that's becouse they are originally from the same root" and ""magick power" and "ki" both refer to energies that reside inside an infinite variety of living organismes". That to be correct.
Quote:
As for Eva using instant movement, look at her first match. Moving half the distance of the arena before the opponent can even react certainly seems like instant movement. Either that, or Eva is able to move at that speed without instant movement. Either way, if she is able to move as fast as she was shown during her first fight without magic when she wasn't even really paying attention, dodging worms and escaping should be no problem for her.
She just went and hit her opponent in weak point. "Enter" wasn't shown, if it was shindou, so... Oh, and by the way: it is possible that Akamatsu himself didn't payed much attention at this point. After all the attention was binded to Imma and Eva's mood.
And about speed: Chachazero said her speed not different from 10-years girl when she ran back to the arena to meet fake Nagi.
Quote:
It basically says that magic is the spiritual power to collect external energy and use that while Ki is internal energy. Either way, it doesn't show a thing about why "Ki" wouldn't be able to used in a place with no magic.
Either way McDowel never used Ki
Quote:
Now onto the next thing. Yes, Eva is, by her own admission, a long distance fighter. However, she has also stated the differences between fighting styles break down the more powerful one becomes. And she is the inventor of M.E., which is pretty much only suited to close-distance fighting. Don't assume that because she's better at long range fighting means she's completely helpless at close range.
1) It doesn'n means she have reason to learn shindou or shikuchi. 2) Magia Erebea is suted for close battle only becouse Negi's speciality is magick fighter; the ability to adsorb enemy's and your soul's energy can be used at every distance. It was demonstrated by Negi in that "final strenght contest" with Rackan.
Quote:
I mean, Nagi should only be around 16-18 when he pulls off the escape from valley with Arika stunt. Yes, he's the thousand master, but in an anti magic valley, all his spells aren't going to do anything. Either he's using "Ki" to help him move, or he was just so ridiculously fit that he could carry another person and outrun killer worms at the age of 16. I notice that people aren't saying, "Nagi can't do that because he has the body of a teenager".
1) Nagi isn't only "greates mage ever", but he is trained soldier. Of course trained 17-years teenager is much faster then even strongest 10-years girl, iven when he is carring women. + he is damn lucky
2) And yes, Nagi can't do that because he has the body of a teenager
By the way, 17-years teenager can be strong enoth and fast you know.
Quote:
The point is, throw Eva in that pit, and chances are, she'll escape on her own. Nagi managed it while carrying another person. She has either instant movement, or can move ridiculously quickly even in no-magic form, considering as I mentioned above, her first fight in the tournament. I think your seriously underestimating high daylight walkers in general here. Even the main guy in charge, who was sure that even the Thousand Master would not be able to escape (which he did while carrying another person), wasn't sure that a high daylight walker wouldn't escape.
1) Can't use shindou without magick 2) I think you trust too much in the power of that chibi-bloodsucker (sound bad, but it's true ). Shinso not very different from human even if they are counted as monsters. 3) He wasn't shure Daylight Walker should survive, not escape.
+ There was high enoth to brake your legs you know.
__________________
Sorry for my bad english

Last edited by kwendy; 2009-11-13 at 08:53.
kwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 09:31   Link #4482
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Spoiler:

A keyblade ? o.o
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 10:36   Link #4483
DKN117
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whittier, Southern CA
Age: 25
AGAIN we're given 271's spoilers before 270 comes out! WTF?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 12:12   Link #4484
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwendy View Post
1) Nagi isn't only "greates mage ever", but he is trained soldier. Of course trained 17-years teenager is much faster then even strongest 10-years girl, iven when he is carring women. + he is damn lucky
2) And yes, Nagi can't do that because he has the body of a teenager
By the way, 17-years teenager can be strong enoth and fast you know.
Do you honestly have any idea how slow a person will be when carrying another person? Especially a teenager carrying a grown woman? First, he is a trained solider. He's a genius mage who also happened to drop out of magic school or w/e the hell that is. It's never stated anywhere that he was trained as a solider. And no, there is no way a 17 year old will be strong enough. A trained solider would be able to march at a fairly quick pace, but run? There's no way. Have a 17 year old wear a backpack with weights inside that weight around the same amount as a grown woman, and have him race a 10 year old girl in an 100 meter dash. The 10 year old girl would win. Seriously. People just aren't able to run that fast when they're carrying that much weight.

Quote:
She just went and hit her opponent in weak point. "Enter" wasn't shown, if it was shindou, so... Oh, and by the way: it is possible that Akamatsu himself didn't payed much attention at this point. After all the attention was binded to Imma and Eva's mood.
And about speed: Chachazero said her speed not different from 10-years girl when she ran back to the arena to meet fake Nagi.
Watch the first match again. She freakin teleports halfway across the ring in the blink of an eye. How the hell did she move that far in such a small amount of time? Or are you just going to claim that Akamatsu wasn't paying attention? That's amount to saying, this doesn't fit in my theory, so the author must have made a mistake.

Quote:
Either way McDowel never used Ki
As seen above, either she used "Ki" and did instant movement, or she can just move insanely fast. Either way, she's fast enough to dodge the giant worms.

Quote:
1) It doesn'n means she have reason to learn shindou or shikuchi. 2) Magia Erebea is suted for close battle only becouse Negi's speciality is magick fighter; the ability to adsorb enemy's and your soul's energy can be used at every distance. It was demonstrated by Negi in that "final strenght contest" with Rackan.
So are you saying she used it for long range fighting? Regardless, "Instant movement" seems to be a fairly basic technique. After all, Ku Fei and Kotoaru were using it long before they went through Eva's training regime.

Quote:
1) Can't use shindou without magick 2) I think you trust too much in the power of that chibi-bloodsucker (sound bad, but it's true ). Shinso not very different from human even if they are counted as monsters. 3) He wasn't shure Daylight Walker should survive, not escape.
+ There was high enoth to brake your legs you know.
First, yes you can. You can use "Ki" and do it. Second, you are massively underestimating her. And I mean massively. She was able to hold up fairly well against Setsuna, who despite what you say about being a schoolgirl, is also a shirymeruu half-youkai swordswoman. Let me quote Chachezero here: "Even without magical powers, living for hundreds of years isn't just for show, y'know." Also the "You people underestimate her way too much". Third, you obviously missed my entire point there. He was so confident in the valley that even the Thousand Master would not survive. But even though he was confident that the Thousand Master wouldn't survive, he still wasn't sure that a highdaylight walker would survive. See where am I going with this yet? He probably overestimates the valley greatly, or underestimates the people being thrown in greatly. Either way, if the "it's impossible for" person easily survives it while carrying another person on top of that, than the "it's difficult for" person should have an even easier time surviving it. And lastly. It obviously isn't. If the thousand master landed without breaking his legs, I see no reason why Evangeline would break her legs upon landing.
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 12:14   Link #4485
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Chapter 271 looks like its going too kick ass. I mean all the things that happen in it is pretty wild.
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 12:59   Link #4486
kwendy
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Russia
Quote:
Have a 17 year old wear a backpack with weights inside that weight around the same amount as a grown woman, and have him race a 10 year old girl in an 100 meter dash. The 10 year old girl would win. Seriously. People just aren't able to run that fast when they're carrying that much weight.
Quote:
2) And yes, Nagi can't do that because he has the body of a teenager
____________________
Quote:
Or are you just going to claim that Akamatsu wasn't paying attention? That's amount to saying, this doesn't fit in my theory, so the author must have made a mistake.
Never said such a thing. And how much pictures can take insufficent match? Pic1: before math started Pic2: eva starting movement pic3: eva doing step #* pic(*+1): eva strikes the enemy. Magnificent.
Quote:
She freakin teleports halfway across the ring in the blink of an eye.
By the way, shindou isn't teleport, that i suppose she used in the battle with averrunkus.
Quote:
As seen above, either she used "Ki" and did instant movement, or she can just move insanely fast. Either way, she's fast enough to dodge the giant worms.
O_O When did she used Ki?
+ Chapter 117 page 1 Chachazero's comments. She cant even impruve her speed, strenght and defense, what instant movement (that is cincentrating power of Ki or magick that is the same thing) can she perform?
Quote:
Let me quote Chachezero here: "Even without magical powers, living for hundreds of years isn't just for show, y'know." Also the "You people underestimate her way too much
Experiense is not that kind of power that will help you in that kind of situation.
Quote:
It obviously isn't. If the thousand master landed without breaking his legs, I see no reason why Evangeline would break her legs upon landing.
I wonder, where was he hiding before catch the princess? Well, if Negi is truly son of Nagi and Arika, the Thousent Master wasn't splat by falling queen. What can it mean? a) Thу canion not too deep and the executers was in danger of being eaten. b) The consil was mistaken and magick just surpressing, not nullifying in that whole and can be used. c) Nagi is superhuman, like I said few pages ago (haven't changed forum's options of view) he is mage, monster, bakemono And the way of punishment is useless, 'couse her royal highness is the same kind of monsters d) Some circumstances were missed during Kurt's story.
Quote:
So are you saying she used it for long range fighting? Regardless, "Instant movement" seems to be a fairly basic technique. After all, Ku Fei and Kotoaru were using it long before they went through Eva's training regime.
1) Yes, I do. 2) Regardless, she didn't tought Negi this skill.
__________________
Sorry for my bad english
kwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 14:18   Link #4487
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 24
Quote:
By the way, shindou isn't teleport, that i suppose she used in the battle with averrunkus.
I was being sarcastic. My point was that moving that fast looked like teleportation.

Quote:
Never said such a thing. And how much pictures can take insufficent match? Pic1: before math started Pic2: eva starting movement pic3: eva doing step #* pic(*+1): eva strikes the enemy. Magnificent.
I honestly have no idea what your trying to say here.

Quote:
____________________
That was a response to your previous claims. You said that a 17 year old would be both strong and fast enough. No, they would not. and ____________________ doesn't really defend your arguement at all.

Quote:
O_O When did she used Ki?
+ Chapter 117 page 1 Chachazero's comments. She cant even impruve her speed, strenght and defense, what instant movement (that is cincentrating power of Ki or magick that is the same thing) can she perform?
To be honest, this is something that bugs me about a majority of the manga I've read. A character uses super speed in battle, but outside of battle they resort to running at normal speed. But anyway, all Chachazero comments did not imply anything about her not being able to improve speed, strength, defense, ect. She was just running at fast as a ten-year old girl.

Quote:
Experiense is not that kind of power that will help you in that kind of situation.
Who the fuck knows? How the hell would you know? Experience helps in alot of situations. Maybe she's dealt with something similar without her powers before. Maybe she learned a weakness sometime during her previous centuries of living.

Quote:
I wonder, where was he hiding before catch the princess? Well, if Negi is truly son of Nagi and Arika, the Thousent Master wasn't splat by falling queen. What can it mean? a) Thу canion not too deep and the executers was in danger of being eaten. b) The consil was mistaken and magick just surpressing, not nullifying in that whole and can be used. c) Nagi is superhuman, like I said few pages ago (haven't changed forum's options of view) he is mage, monster, bakemono And the way of punishment is useless, 'couse her royal highness is the same kind of monsters d) Some circumstances were missed during Kurt's story.
What are you even trying to say? Nagi didn't break his legs when he entered the Valley. Therefore, the valley isn't deep/high enough for a person to break their legs, or the ground is really soft, or whatever other reason. It doesn't matter, all the matters is that there's a precedent.
Quote:
1) Yes, I do. 2) Regardless, she didn't tought Negi this skill.
I would love to hear an explanation about how a spell that only boosts a person's physical abilities is used in long range combat.

Besides, Asuna also has a magic cancel/nullify ability which appears to be extremely powerful. If the Valley works in a similar way to Asuna's ability, then chances are this arguement is invalid anyway. Throughout the course of the series, I think there's only one time when an offensive spell worked against her. And that was Evangeline's "let me freeze in in a Popsicle lol" spell. If the valley works through "magic cancel", then Eva could presumably overload it, depending on how it compares to Asuna's "magic cancel".

This entire arguement is stupid anyway, because once again I'll point out that there's literally no way that Eva would be captured in the first place. Who are they going to send to capture her? How are they going to keep her from teleporting away in the shadows or just turning into a group of bats and flying away?
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 16:16   Link #4488
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
AGAIN we're given 271's spoilers before 270 comes out! WTF?
if you actually managed to read my reply last time (which i highly doubt you did) you'd know that it first have to get translated and scanlated before it gets out in english ... and that the usual translator is way over his head with stuff currently
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 16:56   Link #4489
DKN117
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whittier, Southern CA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian View Post
if you actually managed to read my reply last time (which i highly doubt you did) you'd know that it first have to get translated and scanlated before it gets out in english ... and that the usual translator is way over his head with stuff currently
Sorry. It's just frustrating, and I've had a lot on my plate recently so my patience (and my thought-to-type mental filter) is at an all-time low.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 22:57   Link #4490
al103
Grumpy Russian bear
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Russia, Krasnoyarsk
Age: 34
Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Sorry. It's just frustrating, and I've had a lot on my plate recently so my patience (and my thought-to-type mental filter) is at an all-time low.
...
You don't seem to be present when we hadn't new scanlation for 3-4 month... 2-3 days is nothing to whine about.
__________________
Proud Nanoha/Yuno/Fate, Caro/Elio/Lutecia, Alto/Sheril/Ranka and Honor/Hamish/Emily shipper. Last one even canon.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 23:03   Link #4491
AstroNerdBoy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
...
You don't seem to be present when we hadn't new scanlation for 3-4 month... 2-3 days is nothing to whine about.
There's going to be a break coming up so there will be plenty of time for these things to get caught up.

Anyway, a couple of new pages and one blow-up page from before.

http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/200...er-images.html
__________________
AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 23:22   Link #4492
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
...
You don't seem to be present when we hadn't new scanlation for 3-4 month... 2-3 days is nothing to whine about.
Wow. Has there ever been a gap that long? That's huge for a weekly manga.
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 05:30   Link #4493
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Wow. Has there ever been a gap that long? That's huge for a weekly manga.
There was that gap between 249 and 250, but I think that was only about 1 month.
__________________

↑Click for MAL.↑
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 11:26   Link #4494
DKN117
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whittier, Southern CA
Age: 25
WOO! 270's finally out on Mangafox! And regarding the 271 spoilers:
Spoiler for spoiler:
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 13:09   Link #4495
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
there as also some fairly wide gaps back when Aquastar was the primary/only scanlator
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 14:40   Link #4496
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 24
Well, it appears as of 270 that Godel has the Ala Rubra and Evangeline seal of approval/authenticity
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 13:17   Link #4497
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
hmm ... was giving some stuff a thinking with some of the new infomation from this (270) chapter ... more speficicly Yue's small infodump

Could it be that the reason that Negi was able to make a Pactio with Chachamaru, be that the Pactio system was made by (or prehaps powered / administated / something) his great, great, [... inset an unknown ammount of 'great' ...] great Grandmother Amateru ... or maybe Her Father (or Mother? ... do we even know for sure what Gender the worlds Creator was?) is the one ...
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 23:48   Link #4498
5yewy5r
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian View Post
hmm ... was giving some stuff a thinking with some of the new infomation from this (270) chapter ... more speficicly Yue's small infodump

Could it be that the reason that Negi was able to make a Pactio with Chachamaru, be that the Pactio system was made by (or prehaps powered / administated / something) his great, great, [... inset an unknown ammount of 'great' ...] great Grandmother Amateru ... or maybe Her Father (or Mother? ... do we even know for sure what Gender the worlds Creator was?) is the one ...
No, I'm fairly certain Negi's passionate kiss(lol) made Chachamaru believe she had a soul, which granted her a soul like Eva said.

That said, I don't like the idea of Negi having ANOTHER genetic/born with/ genius/random ass talent skill, especially if its some super powerful ancient magic of some sort. He has been working hard, but you can't refute that there's a lot of luck involved with being the son of the thousand master, one of the greatest mages of all time who ALSO was a naturally talented genius and had shitloads of magic, and Arika, the queen of Ostia who could use ancient magic who also had shitloads of magic.

Or maybe it's just because I prefer the manly hard-working type like Rakan

So has anyone else seen the 271 spoilers? Looks like a pretty important chapter, can't wait for it to be translated or for raw to come out.
5yewy5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 14:59   Link #4499
5yewy5r
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5yewy5r View Post
No, I'm fairly certain Negi's passionate kiss(lol) made Chachamaru believe she had a soul, which granted her a soul like Eva said.

That said, I don't like the idea of Negi having ANOTHER genetic/born with/ genius/random ass talent skill, especially if its some super powerful ancient magic of some sort. He has been working hard, but you can't refute that there's a lot of luck involved with being the son of the thousand master, one of the greatest mages of all time who ALSO was a naturally talented genius and had shitloads of magic, and Arika, the queen of Ostia who could use ancient magic who also had shitloads of magic.

Or maybe it's just because I prefer the manly hard-working type like Rakan

So has anyone else seen the 271 spoilers? Looks like a pretty important chapter, can't wait for it to be translated or for raw to come out.
Nevermind, raw and translation are both out. You can find them at the usual places, since I don't think I'm allowed to post download links.

Some shocking stuff.
Spoiler:
5yewy5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 17:18   Link #4500
DKN117
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whittier, Southern CA
Age: 25
Minor question for a guy who's too short on time to comb through several volumes looking for something. What chapter was it where Chao revealed her magic circuits and then used Ourania Phlogosis (super fire-type spell) against Negi?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, fantasy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.