AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-04-13, 17:09   Link #5321
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
When this whole business with Mundus Magicus, Fate Averruncus and his dad is over, though, it might be a good idea for some of the adults to make Negi see a shrink. Or a whole bunch of shrinks, because seriously ...
Unless said shrink's name is Charles Xavier, I think that might only complicate things...

Negi: Well, I've just recently reconciled with my parents after a long separation, and everything in school related to that appears to be resolving itself nicely, but I still have a lot of pent-up dark emotions over the ordeal.
Shrink: "Dark" emotions, huh? Well, it's only normal to feel that way, Negi. Maybe you should find a hobby, outside of school, and channel your emotions into that.

**one week later**

Shrink: Well, Negi, did you find a nice hobby?
Negi: Yes...
Shrink: Does it seem to be working?
Negi: Yes...but...
Shrink: What seems to be the problem?
Negi: Well, I started small, with the drug wars on the Mexican/American border, and that was simple enough... And stopping all the genocide in Africa was only a problem for a day or so... But I've come to realize that there are a lot of people who just don't want peace in the Middle East...
Old 2010-04-14, 01:08   Link #5322
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush Send a message via Skype™ to Kurush
If that ever happened, allow me to smash my head against a desk.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 02:01   Link #5323
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Unless said shrink's name is Charles Xavier, I think that might only complicate things...

Negi: Well, I've just recently reconciled with my parents after a long separation, and everything in school related to that appears to be resolving itself nicely, but I still have a lot of pent-up dark emotions over the ordeal.
Shrink: "Dark" emotions, huh? Well, it's only normal to feel that way, Negi. Maybe you should find a hobby, outside of school, and channel your emotions into that.

**one week later**

Shrink: Well, Negi, did you find a nice hobby?
Negi: Yes...
Shrink: Does it seem to be working?
Negi: Yes...but...
Shrink: What seems to be the problem?
Negi: Well, I started small, with the drug wars on the Mexican/American border, and that was simple enough... And stopping all the genocide in Africa was only a problem for a day or so... But I've come to realize that there are a lot of people who just don't want peace in the Middle East...
A demonic 10-year-old going global vigilante when not teaching at an all-girls school is a plot I want to see.
Old 2010-04-14, 09:39   Link #5324
BubbleGumCrisis

Damn. Not even Negi can bring peace to the Middle East.
BubbleGumCrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 12:28   Link #5325
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleGumCrisis View Post
Damn. Not even Negi can bring peace to the Middle East.
No, but he can corrupt 72 virgins without doing a damn thing...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 12:47   Link #5326
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
When this whole business with Mundus Magicus, Fate Averruncus and his dad is over, though, it might be a good idea for some of the adults to make Negi see a shrink. Or a whole bunch of shrinks, because seriously ...
Negi's been in dire need of foster parents his whole life (Nagi really should have just talked Eishun into raising Negi), and in dire need of a shrink since the attack on his village.

Unfortunately, it's no longer a matter of "making" Negi see a shrink, it's a matter of convincing him to see one. At his current level, "You and what army?" is a pertinent question when trying to use force against Negi.

Other forms of coercion run up against the fact that Negi's learned that his idolized father being hailed as a hero involved all kinds of screwing the rules, and pissing off corrupt governments to the point that Negi himself has enemies highly placed he didn't know existed, simply because of who his parents are. So he's learned that he doesn't need some mage diploma to be a hero, and that it'd be a bad idea to let himself be turned into an ermine, or otherwise rendered helpless due to enemies that'll happily crush him and those close to him to get what they want.

Furthermore, Negi himself has already gotten a taste of negotiating with state governors as equals, complete with the need to cut a way out through their army when negotiations fail. Which probably jumps up the degree he considers adults as "peers" not "authority figures".

So with all that, they're pretty much reduced to people close to Negi pressuring him to see a shrink. Given those he's close to have been pretty much encouraging him in most aspects (particularly the adults), it's poor odds that'll happen.

What he really needs is for one of his father's old pals to sit down with him and give him the whole, unvarnished story, from start to finish. I'd be much easier for him to get a handle on his issues if people weren't hiding things from him, and letting him find out in driblets.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 13:01   Link #5327
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

now ... to be 'fair' ... part of the reason Negi wasn't parked at Eishun was likely that Nagi saw reason that Negi was to be hidden as much as possable ...

for some reason i get the idea that Eishun and/or Al have been parked talking with Eva due to having a ready group to turn to for the full exploitation talk with all that is in that

anyways ... translations up ... anyone get the idea that Yue is going to enter the same personal debate that she had 'bout her feelings for Negi, that she had doing Mahora Fest? (more speficicly, the riverboat and previous to the Pactio)
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 13:17   Link #5328
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

I was chatting with someone a while back about Yue, and we came to the realization that Yue may not so much 'love' Negi as she does feel a certain kinship with him. They're very similar in that they are both young people who are simultaneously bereaved and under tremendous amounts of pressure. However, where Yue previously just shut down and turned inward, Negi found an application for his anguish.

An application Yue herself has recently found herself very interested in as well.
Old 2010-04-14, 15:38   Link #5329
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
What he really needs is for one of his father's old pals to sit down with him and give him the whole, unvarnished story, from start to finish. I'd be much easier for him to get a handle on his issues if people weren't hiding things from him, and letting him find out in driblets.
Exactly. That's what he needs, and not a shrink. He doesn't have any issues that he can't work through himself, or with someone related, once he gets a handle on the truth...
Old 2010-04-14, 16:07   Link #5330
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Exactly. That's what he needs, and not a shrink. He doesn't have any issues that he can't work through himself, or with someone related, once he gets a handle on the truth...
i can just see Al or Rakan having a man to man talk with Negi

you guys think Negi is screwup now just waited either of those two got more time with Negi.
Old 2010-04-14, 16:23   Link #5331
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
How about finally getting the full truth out of someone and some attention from someone with psychological training? -_- Especially in the magical world, with all its insanity, there must be some people who get that kind of education.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 16:36   Link #5332
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Kurt ... but he's hardly trustworthy :P
Old 2010-04-14, 17:10   Link #5333
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
I was chatting with someone a while back about Yue, and we came to the realization that Yue may not so much 'love' Negi as she does feel a certain kinship with him. They're very similar in that they are both young people who are simultaneously bereaved and under tremendous amounts of pressure. However, where Yue previously just shut down and turned inward, Negi found an application for his anguish.

An application Yue herself has recently found herself very interested in as well.
The way she was blushing when he first found her before the ball indicates that there's still more to things than just a sense of kinship alone.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 17:35   Link #5334
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Lol in japan there kinship isn't blood so it would be allowed :P think of that to gearhead lol.

But its obvious that she loves him, she even can figure she loves him seeing how when negi was talking to her through the pactio card before kurt showed up she was blushing like hell.
Old 2010-04-14, 20:49   Link #5335
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Lol in japan there kinship isn't blood so it would be allowed :P think of that to gearhead lol.

But its obvious that she loves him, she even can figure she loves him seeing how when negi was talking to her through the pactio card before kurt showed up she was blushing like hell.
I think you are misunderstanding my use of the term kinship.

No fifteen year old girl has any idea what their feelings really are. What Negi represents, for the most part, to the entire class is a 'safe target.'
Old 2010-04-15, 04:24   Link #5336
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

New chapter out!

...I swear, if they fix the Nodoka/Yue/Negi triangle by having Yue conveniently forgetting that she fell in love, I am buying a plane ticket and me and Ken are going to have words. No, I don't speak Japanese. The words I plan on using are kind of universal, though.

I noticed Luna was featured prominently in the Harem Pose, as were Yuuna and Makie! It looks like we'll be seeing more of them, so Ako has a good chance, too.

And whoa, didn't see that last page coming.

Last edited by Blank-Mage; 2010-04-15 at 05:28.
Blank-Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 05:17   Link #5337
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

not really surprised by last page, only reason that bomb didn't go off before is that Yuuna never have had 'access' to talking with Takane or Mai, with them knowing that she's knowing enough to get this info ... and leaving Ako alone with Negi was telegraphed a mile away (well ... when Chamo gave the blue pill to her)

as of rthe Yue/Nodoka/Negi Triangle, i'm of the believe that he'll just let Yue go though the 'pains' of achknowlegdement that she had when they were on the Riverboat in Mahora once more ...
Old 2010-04-15, 06:41   Link #5338
random_person_4840

Do you guys think that Makie, Ako, Yuuna, and Akira's reducing of Negi's ME effects is from their previous vampirism from Eva?
random_person_4840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 07:20   Link #5339
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Wow new update, although not a lot happened this chapter. I suppose it really is a 'breather' chapter before the finale. After everything's that happened to Negi it sometimes startling to realize he really is just 10 years old. I'm finding myself siding even more with Asuna's assertion that Negi should be able to enjoy being a kid, something that Nagi wants him to do. Of course I can understand why he can't, especially not after what happened to his village, the events in the Magical World are only exacerbating and pushing Negi over the edge of his limit.

Thinking about his attitude, it really goes to show how Negi is very much his mother's son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
New chapter out!

...I swear, if they fix the Nodoka/Yue/Negi triangle by having Yue conveniently forgetting that she fell in love, I am buying a plane ticket and me and Ken are going to have words. No, I don't speak Japanese. The words I plan on using are kind of universal, though.
Hmm... I think Yue will remember her feelings for Negi but I think because after everything she's been through it wouldn't be as strong, like she said, the memories seem to belong to a different person. Yue's grown-up a lot in the Magical World I guess we'll have to wait and see how her old memories integrate with the new person she's become.
Old 2010-04-15, 10:09   Link #5340
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
New chapter out!

I doubt it. Resolving it wouldn't really cut down on the competition for Negi, and Ken can get more humor mileage out of keeping it. Besides, it's pretty clear that eventually Yue's going to get the rest of her memory back. It'd be hard to pull off leaving just the love part out.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy