AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-01-28, 13:27   Link #6601
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaneseTeeth View Post
If we weren't so close to the final battle, I'd say it was certain, but as it is I don't know if we have enough time to get her develop feelings for him. If there's another arc after this one it's possible.

Although I'd kinda like to see her fall for somebody else (like maybe Kotaro) just to throw the readers for a loop. And probably confuse Chisame.
this is only the halfway mark for the story. The Author already it will be a entire school year and this is only half.
Old 2011-01-28, 14:33   Link #6602
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
this is only the halfway mark for the story. The Author already it will be a entire school year and this is only half.
People have been saying this is only halfway since before I started reading this manga, two years ago. We've gone through nearly 100 chapters since then. I rather doubt any statements of "we're only halfway" can still be considered valid.
Random Wanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 15:41   Link #6603
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
People have been saying this is only halfway since before I started reading this manga, two years ago. We've gone through nearly 100 chapters since then. I rather doubt any statements of "we're only halfway" can still be considered valid.
that is because 2 yrs ago, we are still in the same arc.
Old 2011-01-28, 18:27   Link #6604
GreatTeacherKen

Well whether it's halfway or not depends on how long Akamatsu wants the story to go. In any case, I doubt it'll be over any time soon because there are a lot of things unresolved. Plus, I think the series is popular enough to avoid the danger of being cut short.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 19:56   Link #6605
JapaneseTeeth
You don't want to know

From what I've heard Akamatsu's plan was to end at around chapter 400, so we have enough time for maybe one mid-sized arc after this one wraps up. Of course, he made that announcement a while back, so it's entirely possible that his plan changed.

And as for the "entire school year" thing, we're not exactly clear on how much time has passed since Ala Alba entered the Magic World, so we can't really know exactly how that will affect the story.

In short, we really don't know how long it's going to be. Any info concerning length is so old that we don't know if it still applies.
Old 2011-01-28, 20:40   Link #6606
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Hmm ... I hope the manga is not dragged out ad infinitum like the Naruto manga has been (at least for my tastes) ... I am thinking that returning to England would be a good after this huge arc would be a nice place to finish things....
Old 2011-01-28, 23:23   Link #6607
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
Hmm ... I hope the manga is not dragged out ad infinitum like the Naruto manga has been (at least for my tastes) ... I am thinking that returning to England would be a good after this huge arc would be a nice place to finish things....
Let's leave it at arriving to Mahora, a brief breather arc with assorted hinjinks, and then a final arc where the rest of the class gets freakin' something to do at long last. They deserve it after so much time in limbo.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 23:24   Link #6608
Random Wanderer

Quote:
that is because 2 yrs ago, we are still in the same arc.
But saying "We're only halfway done" back then meant it would be about 400 chapters. Saying "We're only halfway done" now means it'll be about 600 chapters. Do you begin to see how this is a significant difference?

Quote:
Let's leave it at arriving to Mahora, a brief breather arc with assorted hinjinks, and then a final arc where the rest of the class gets freakin' something to do at long last. They deserve it after so much time in limbo.
While most of the "special" characters have had at least a bit of exploration now (even Zazie, thanks to her sister stepping in) I suppose there are a few folks still sitting around back on Earth who haven't had much chance to shine.
Random Wanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 23:35   Link #6609
JapaneseTeeth
You don't want to know

@Overmaster: The problem that I see with that is that once the current arc is finished, there isn't much left for Negi to do; all the truly major plot threads will have been resolved, so spending another arc on the students would seem like dragging the manga out after the plot had ended.

Of course, Negi hasn't found his father yet, so I guess Akamatsu could make an arc out of that.

If we want to focus more on the other 3-A students, I think a sequel series would be a better way of doing it. That way the current set of events could recieve closure before we move on the students who aren't involved in the big epic plot.
Old 2011-01-28, 23:43   Link #6610
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
@Overmaster: The problem that I see with that is that once the current arc is finished, there isn't much left for Negi to do; all the truly major plot threads will have been resolved.
And we know this for sure because...?

Negi can't even properly save Mundus Magicus until he's come back to Mahora and got Ayaka's help for whatever he has in mind. And I doubt that'll happen without a hitch once he's there. There's another plot sure to kickstart there IMO.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 23:51   Link #6611
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Speaking of his return and such ... the one thing I have been puzzling over for some time now is Negi's remark that "Iincho would prolly be able to help out a lot" in the fulfillment of his other solution to Cosmo Entelechia's plan....

I can only assume his remark means that it is somehow related to funds (as Iincho is rich).
Old 2011-01-29, 01:44   Link #6612
DKN117

PREDICTION:

For the final arc, the Lifemaker Reborn will make his way to Earth, having decided to wipe out all life there and on Mundus Magicus. This will lead to Fate Tertium realizing that his boss has gone omnicidal psycho and switching sides.
DKN117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 07:48   Link #6613
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Quote:
While most of the "special" characters have had at least a bit of exploration now (even Zazie, thanks to her sister stepping in) I suppose there are a few folks still sitting around back on Earth who haven't had much chance to shine.
I'm still hoping for those cheerleaders girls to shine

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 13:24   Link #6614
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
From what I've heard Akamatsu's plan was to end at around chapter 400, so we have enough time for maybe one mid-sized arc after this one wraps up. Of course, he made that announcement a while back, so it's entirely possible that his plan changed.

And as for the "entire school year" thing, we're not exactly clear on how much time has passed since Ala Alba entered the Magic World, so we can't really know exactly how that will affect the story.

Chp 287, page 13. one of the teacher mention they were still preparing for the new term. So the 2nd half of the school year has not started yet.

As one of the other poster said, too questions still unanswered for the manga to end.

Quote:
In short, we really don't know how long it's going to be. Any info concerning length is so old that we don't know if it still applies.
Akamatsu already has the story plan form chapter 1, i seriously doubt he doesn't know how long his story will last.
Old 2011-01-29, 13:48   Link #6615
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Chp 287, page 13. one of the teacher mention they were still preparing for the new term. So the 2nd half of the school year has not started yet.
True, but for all we know, it might be a montage of them studying as a way of saying 'everything's back to normal now'. I don't know how close we are, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised at anything.
Old 2011-01-29, 14:00   Link #6616
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
PREDICTION:

For the final arc, the Lifemaker Reborn will make his way to Earth...
Hmm ... this is an idea I hadn't thought of.

Have been wondering if the magaka will pull a historical surprise out of his hat - something like the Lifemaker actually being first created by ... I don't know ... Paracelsus or someone?

Am also still wondering what Negi meant when he said Iincho could help out a lot ... hmm ... I sure hope he does not "transplant" the magic world to the internet or something and needs Iincho to buy a huge server room or something similar.
Old 2011-01-29, 15:20   Link #6617
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
I sure hope he does not "transplant" the magic world to the internet or something and needs Iincho to buy a huge server room or something similar.
And THAT'S how you start a .Hack crossover.
Old 2011-01-29, 16:17   Link #6618
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
True, but for all we know, it might be a montage of them studying as a way of saying 'everything's back to normal now'. I don't know how close we are, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised at anything.
the teacher was complaining that she was still preparing for the new term when she got interrupted by the World tree starting to glow emergency. The chapter also ended with Ayaka and the others heading back to japan form England.
Old 2011-01-29, 16:52   Link #6619
JapaneseTeeth
You don't want to know

Quote:
I sure hope he does not "transplant" the magic world to the internet or something and needs Iincho to buy a huge server room or something similar.
And Chisame suddenly enters God Mode...
Old 2011-01-29, 18:39   Link #6620
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

I with those people who feel that there's still a long way to go before Negima can officially end. After all, there's a number of things that still need to be resolved/explained:
Spoiler for Unfinished stuff:

Tags
action, fantasy