AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-03-10, 19:28   Link #8281
ZeroForever

in general while i don't agree on all of game8910 points i do agree it to meh as i've said elsewhere this feels like a suikoden ending where all you get is snippets of the characters.

but unlike those it still left major plot points open and but still it didn't tell you squat on how it transpired...

though kurt implied marrying hakase was a WTF moment if i saw one.
Old 2012-03-10, 19:40   Link #8282
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

The rush job sucked big time, but honestly I really liked the last chapter itself. I don't even mind that Negi didn't end up with any of the girls, they all stayed great friends and that's enough for me.

It's a shame we didn't see the Lifemaker fight, but I was really happy to see that Negi got to free Nagi and have his dad back. Warmed the heart to see them laughing together, bickering over silly stuff and just being a family.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 19:53   Link #8283
Xion Valkyrie

Maybe there will be some 'after stories' that fill in the gap. Like with the Love Hina stuff.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 20:01   Link #8284
Sheep_

About the whole Chisame thing didn't anyone else feel like it was kinda out of character due to all the development she had?

Like in the mini arc before all this she was getting bored of updating her site because it wasn't giving her the same thrill. Plus she wanted to help Negi more / be his right hand person like she was during the MW arc.

It makes no sense for her to become a shut in worse then what she was at the start of the manga after she finally stops caring so much about the online world.
Old 2012-03-10, 20:01   Link #8285
karuroso

Akamatsu is now on my personal list of authors I shouldn't never follow ever again
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 20:03   Link #8286
Divini
Senpai!

For the most part, I liked the ending a lot. Pretty much how I expected it to end.

The major thing that bothers me is that it seemed like an entire story arc was offscreen. Also, what happened to Arika?
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 20:05   Link #8287
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

In a sense, KA didn't lie that we're going to get a good ending. However, the fact that he choose this way to conclude some sub-plots is a bit....disappointing

Quote:
Also, what happened to Arika?
Maybe died or something to make some hopes for those who are cheering for Nagi x Eva

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 20:15   Link #8288
passin'gass
Cropduster

As someone who has never purchased a Negima product, it is not my place to criticize or mouth off on how the author ended this wonderful manga series.

Thank you Ken Akamatsu-sensei for keeping me internet-entertained these past 11 years. Looking forward to your next series!
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 20:17   Link #8289
Shadow5YA

The number of timeskips within the last five chapters is appalling.

Akamatsu must really have wanted to be done with Negima. Considering the number of times he took breaks, I really wonder if he ran out of steam very early on, and his editor and publishers kept pushing him for more, until one day he was just fed up with it.

I mean, there have been countless number of romantic developments in the series, but in the end, we still don't have an official pairing. It makes me wonder if all of that was just pointless fanservice to satisfy his editors and fans, and he never really wanted to put in any romance at all. I could go on wondering what made him quit...

Oh well. As for the actual ending, there isn't much left to be said. There was plenty that could be covered, but was rushed and done offscreen. I still enjoyed following this series for the most part, and I'll be looking forward to his next work.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 20:45   Link #8290
bonsobon

Does a bad ending mean that the whole manga was bad and therefore a waste of time to read? I don't think so. Sure this ending could have been handled better and not have so many plot points unresolved or events happen offscreen, but that's the way it goes sometimes. It's not like Negima is the only manga to have this problem. I for one enjoyed it for the most part and don't regret reading this series.
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 21:04   Link #8291
Iromaru

I like this end.

Only really stupid thing was resolving the Lifemaker thing off-screen.

Other than that I'm fine with everything.

I lost interest in Negi and who he's going to choose long ago.

Negima was slowly becoming a boring mess on the level of Naruto/Bleach. Good thing he ended it before it became completely horrible.

And I love all the yuri.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 22:17   Link #8292
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
I like this end.

Only really stupid thing was resolving the Lifemaker thing off-screen.

Other than that I'm fine with everything.

I lost interest in Negi and who he's going to choose long ago.

Negima was slowly becoming a boring mess on the level of Naruto/Bleach. Good thing he ended it before it became completely horrible.

And I love all the yuri.
Not sure if srs. It didn't repeat it's plot so it's nothing like Bleach. And I didn't hate most of the characters so it can't be Naruto either. Oh well. Guess I might as well catch up on this series and finish it up.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 22:24   Link #8293
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Okay, the ending was a bit of a letdown (not sure how Akamatsu thought it would satisfy the Negima fans), but of course, I still love this manga and still consider it one of my favorites.

I liked the ending explaining the characters' futures though. It reminds me of Fire Emblem.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 22:28   Link #8294
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I say he loves his childhood friend as it is obvious it wasn't Asuna.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 22:55   Link #8295
pampz21
ripApart

Maybe Akamatsu-sensei is in his death bed?

Or rather

Has A death wish!

Boredom can kill you~
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 23:44   Link #8296
zerodragon

with this, one of my favorite manga ending, thank u negima for all the great years.
it had its up and downs with the last 10 chapters, and the miss out on many things but overall I love it.

I look forward to ken's next work.
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 23:48   Link #8297
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

And so it ends, not with a bang but a whimper

Well, that settles it. The manga's ending has ruined Negima and any subsequent Akamatsu creation for me.

Comment(long version):
Spoiler for Warning! Incoming rant:

Comment(short version):
YOU MANIAC! YOU BLEW IT UP! OH, DAMN YOU! GODDAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!
Old 2012-03-10, 23:56   Link #8298
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

While I can't say I like how Akamatsu ended Negima, I don't feel the burning hate that so many seem to feel, I'm just disappointed. Overall, however Negima will always remain something special to me and I look forward to his next work.

As for not seeing who Negi picked, while I am quite disappointed about that, especially considering what happened with Asuna previously, I cannot blame Akamatsu for leaving it like that.

I've seen how fans react, when they don't get their OTP, and trust me, it isn't pretty at all, both in Japan and the West. Akamatsu probably wanted to avoid that, and in a way, that's very wise of him.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 23:58   Link #8299
cyberdemon

concerning who Negi likes, i can't help but feel it is Makie. When Negi told Asuna who he liked she was REALLY surprised. This could basically eliminate all the main cast like Asuna, Ayaka, Setsuna, Konoka, Ku, Eva, Nodoka, Yue, etc. All the ones you would expect negi would end up loving. With Ako's crush on "Nagi" she should be one of the major side character suspects but Asuna's surprise can knock her out of the running too. Then there is Asuna talking about how the girl Negi likes is the same type of person as Negi. Personality wise at the time Negi and Makie were very similar. Goofballs, airheads, but serious about what they want. Also Makie's reactions to Nagi can sort of be seen like the girlfriend meets the father. Also it seems that of all the girls only Yue, Nodoka, and Makie are still serious about their feelings for Negi. Lots of little things like these adding up makes me think makie could be the final girl.
Old 2012-03-11, 00:03   Link #8300
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Quote:
I've seen how fans react, when they don't get their OTP, and trust me, it isn't pretty at all, both in Japan and the West. Akamatsu probably wanted to avoid that, and in a way, that's very wise of him.
I still think it's better for him to at least makes one part of his fans happy because Negi choose someone in the end rather than pissing off everyone like this.

Quote:
While I can't say I like how Akamatsu ended Negima, I don't feel the burning hate that so many seem to feel, I'm just disappointed.
Same here. I don't feel angry or even want to bash him for what he did in this chapter...but I just feel really disappointed with this that I don't even know what I want to say about it anymore.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy