AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-03-11, 16:59   Link #8341
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Yeah after following this for like 8 years at the VERY least I would have liked to see who Negi had a thing for. Outside of that I'm fine with the ending.

Also don't bring up School Rumble again, that shit was a disaster and bi polar. Ugh.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 17:07   Link #8342
Athena
The Power of One

Quoting someone on another forum, where's Anya?
Old 2012-03-11, 17:19   Link #8343
Tsuchimikado
土御門 元春

I was bored.. so i did this:

Spoiler:

ahaha XDD
Tsuchimikado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 17:32   Link #8344
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Yeah after following this for like 8 years at the VERY least I would have liked to see who Negi had a thing for. Outside of that I'm fine with the ending.
I'd even have been fine with him not liking anyone in particular. But first he says there is someone, and then refuses to say who it is? The hell?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 20:27   Link #8345
DKN117

...Yeah, f*ck Akamatsu's ending. I'll be making up my own Negima storyline ending for my in-progress fic. It'll involve a properly epic Final Battle against the Lifemaker, who turns out to be a billions-of-years-old evil spirit who seeks to return Mundus Magicus and Earth to "the pure, eternal silent peace of death", resulting in an epic battle with over nine billion lives at stake.

(goes back to ME3: Galaxy At War)

Last edited by DKN117; 2012-03-11 at 20:28. Reason: spelling derp
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 20:59   Link #8346
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
...Yeah, f*ck Akamatsu's ending. I'll be making up my own Negima storyline ending for my in-progress fic. It'll involve a properly epic Final Battle against the Lifemaker, who turns out to be a billions-of-years-old evil spirit who seeks to return Mundus Magicus and Earth to "the pure, eternal silent peace of death", resulting in an epic battle with over nine billion lives at stake.

(goes back to ME3: Galaxy At War)
Well, I think Lifemaker works better as a basically Well Intentioned Extremist who just got so lost in his own views through the centuries he lost touch with humanity, including his own. Most Complete Monster antagonists just feel so generic.

But then again, your story, your rules. Just putting two cents in.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 21:01   Link #8347
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
There's a lot of (valid) complaints I don't care about.

I don't mind that Chisame became a hikkikomori - she always did most of her work with the internet anyway. She doesn't have to do it from a laptop while being dragged around a jungle by Chachamaru.

I don't mind that Negi rescued his father offscreen. He became pretty broken, and so are his allies. Fine, whatever.

I don't mind that plot threads (like Ako's origin, or what Zazie's deal was, aside from being a demon princess) were abandoned.

But couldn't he have provided even small text explanation for what happened with Negi's mother? Said who Negi liked?
This may sound shallow, but Zazie was a fun enough character towards the end I kinda would have liked to have seen more stuff with her

I HOPE he does side stories...
Quote:
I'd even have been fine with him not liking anyone in particular. But first he says there is someone, and then refuses to say who it is? The hell?
Well he WAS an 11 year old kid at the time...roughly.

Though it is interesting that BOTH Setsuna and Konoka are blushing at meeting Nagi.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 22:20   Link #8348
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Yeah it's a pretty dick move.

I mean the entire premise of the series hinged on that concept and then they just threw that to the wayside.

Someone clue me in on the stuff the ending is really missing, even if it was handled 'off screen'. I want to blog about it later and I dont want to miss anything lol

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 23:44   Link #8349
HinataShou

New Manga ???

HinataShou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 23:47   Link #8350
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Someone clue me in on the stuff the ending is really missing, even if it was handled 'off screen'. I want to blog about it later and I dont want to miss anything lol
Among some of the big ones:
Spoiler for The big things that were missing from the ending:
Old 2012-03-11, 23:53   Link #8351
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinataShou View Post
New Manga ???

Assuming what I read is the title, its called

Gyakuten Meiten
Old 2012-03-12, 00:00   Link #8352
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
New Manga ???

While the character designs look a lot like Ken Akamatsu's, I doubt it's by him, especially if this is an on-going manga.

Keep in mind that it took over a year after A. I. Love You was done before Ken Akamatsu started Love Hina (and over a year after Love Hina before he began Negima).
Old 2012-03-12, 00:55   Link #8353
APNki

Quote:
New Manga ???

Spoiler for size:
It's an old image from the looks of it, oldest date of it appearing is around 2007 using google reverse image search.

Screen cap of search results here: http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4677/77658164.jpg
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 00:57   Link #8354
amatakamata
4koma and web manga fan

Quote:
New Manga ???

It's Gyakuten☆Maiden by Yuzuki Ryouta, it's pretty old too btw. It won GI Gangan 2007 award but was never serialized and criticized heavily because of the resemblance to Akamatsu's Negima. Heck, the mangaka was flamed so badly that he even changes his drawing style.
Old 2012-03-12, 08:23   Link #8355
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Yeah Negi...might wanna be more careful about this kind of recommendation in the future.

Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 09:34   Link #8356
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

hey it actually not bad as expected
Old 2012-03-12, 09:56   Link #8357
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

So he did gave hints for Hakase's epilogue I thought it was pretty random

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 10:44   Link #8358
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Well, my Nodoka ship was shot down, as was my back up Yue ship, we still don't know where Arika is or has been for the last decade, and Shiori wasn't even mentioned. My world is slightly darker.

*Shakes fist*
Old 2012-03-12, 11:01   Link #8359
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Found in the Net:

That made my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
If it was really the writer's fault, I doubt the latest arcs would actually manage to keep up with the steam.
It's a matter of personal taste I guess. And everybody's entitled to their opinion so I'm not going to force you to agree with me or anything.

I will, however, at least explain why I think the later chapters suffered from bad writing.

Simply put, there's one rule that goes for every story, whether it is in literature, manga, or movie form. That rule is "Show, Don't Tell", also known as "SHOW ME THE MONEY!", which basically translates as "If it's important enough to be in the story, the writer better have the fortitude to actually show it, rather than force his reader to do fill that part for him."

Now obviously we can't show all things. That is why we limit it to the important bits. for example, the "where they are now" scenes for side characters who barely have any relevance to the story doesn't need to be detailed, and some short description will suffice.

The important bits, however, have no excuse. I'm talking about Nagi - despite being absent for the majority of the story his existence and disappearance had left a great mark on Negi's character, so much that it defined his entire childhood. It was then logical for us to assume that Negi's quest to find him, to really find him instead of getting distracted by the "saving the Magical World" bit, as well as their eventual reunion to get a major focus.

Instead, it got resolved off-screen. We never knew what happened to him. Worse, We never saw what happened to him.

Same thing with the Lifemaker. Despite still being a threat at the end of the Mundus Magicus mega-arc we never saw his defeat, only a text describing that he lost and they win, parties for everyone!

But those two had it better. Arika didn't even get a slight mention. It's as if Ken purposely avoid mentioning her just to ship him with Eva.

In the end Negima Told, not Showed. So there, my 2 cents on why Akamatsu's writing plummeted near the end.

Quote:
The whole issue is basically a lose lose situation anyway: Akamatsu had a certain period of time to wrap up Negima, and still under Kodansha directives regarding content that should remain prevalent. Surely enough, you expect Sport festival gimmicks while Negi is saving Nagi? Doubtful.
It doesn't need another hundred chapters. He could have resolved the whole Nagi thing back at the Mundus Magicus Arc. Instead, we merely get yet another mystery surrounding his disappearance which never got resolved on-screen.

He could have tidy up all the loose ends there. That couple of chapters of "Who Negi Loves" which in the end went nowhere? Yeah, he could have allocated those to the Mundus Magicus Arc and let the Nagi, Arika and Lifemaker issue get resolved right there. Done - no more important loose ends. Instead, the Lifemaker somehow has Nagi's face, and then that guy drops more hints on Nagi's fate. Hints that never went anywhere!

If he knew the contract was going to end, why bother adding more hints and mysteries?! Start resolving them already!

...instead, we got several chapters of aimless harem hijinks, as well as Asuna's "heyguyswhatareyoucryingfor - TIME TRAVEL SOLVES EVERYTHING!"

Quote:
Akamatsu chickened out. Either that, or he never knew what to do anyway. And Isn't it Sad, Anya?
Old 2012-03-12, 13:29   Link #8360
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush Send a message via Skype™ to Kurush
Well, it would seem that the endless scenarios of how it could have turned up are going to pile up immensely on the Fanfiction sites.

I got no comment on how it ended. You all made that in ways I couldn't. Just disappointed in that the flotilla of Nodoka shipping got nuked.

But now I can at least see how things turned out in canon so I don't have to worry about how bad I'll make mine.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy