AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2006-05-03, 21:23   Link #841
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Is it a Negima month? I thought last month was Negima month.

EDIT:Barnes and Noble says not til August, grasshopper.

EDIT 2: OOP! Schooled myself! I thought Volume 11 was next, but it's Volume 10, and indeed Vexx is correct, it should be out at the end of this month.
Old 2006-05-03, 21:38   Link #842
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm gonna have to put up a freaking wall chart so I don't mess up and miss a release of all these silly series and figurine release dates..... I almost went negative accidently last week on bank account because a small flood of pre-order books and figures all splorted out of the warehouse at once. ((I was putting a new computer together for my son's birthday and got "excited" at the parts place after ordering a nice little LAN-partyable xoxide case.))
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-03, 21:41   Link #843
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I'm lucky because most of my US manga is actually prepaid by a month or so (and nets me a 30% discount with no shipping). Unfortunately I never really know which month it is. I know Del Ray runs on a Tsubasa-Negima-Pastel schedule with their months, but I can never actually remember which one I'm in.

I can't wait for the new volumes, we're entering my favorite phase of the story.

EDIT: Negima is that one thing for me. Everyone has the one thing where rationality flies out the window. For me, it's Negima. I know I should probably only rate it a 7 or 8, but I always give it a perfect 10.

A-YA-KA! A-YA-KA! A-YA-KA!
Old 2006-05-04, 13:08   Link #844
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye...it isn't exactly snobby high class literature ... but I've grown very attached to it. I think he's done a fair job of separating the personalities, keeping the various story threads moving in a believable fashion, and mixing the action with the "young love".

I can't decide if I care for the "magi-cops" (for lack of a better term) yet.

In related news, my Evangeline figure (8") from Konami just arrived....
its so Evangeline --- it is this spectacular swirl of cape, darkness, and blonde hair that it overshadows almost all my other figures (even my 12" Motoko). Since the anime thread is basically dead until the OVAs come out, I may post a pic here.

(I already decided I couldn't afford to be inclusive with the possible spread of Negima figures so I'm just collecting my favorite characters -- only Asuna and Evangeline so far in the 8" category .... hoping for Chach and Kaede, probably Setsuna --- Tatsumiya would be a hit with me but I hold little hope of seeing her realized in fig-form)
Old 2006-05-04, 13:29   Link #845
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I was thinking about ordering the Evangline figure myself - would you have any pictures to show of at all Vexx?
Old 2006-05-04, 13:51   Link #846
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

stand by... powering up the digital camera.... grrrr, or not. My wife has it .... I'll try to post some by morning.
Til then I'd refer people to the www.hlj.com site. http://www.hlj.com/product/KNM12695

Only complaint is that the face is a bit tooooo baby-ish compared with the manga or anime. OTOH... I don't even want to THINK about the mold that was required to cast her hair.....

edit: yeah, the HLJ photo is pretty bad.... there's a lot of haircolor tone and texture that gets washed out. the model has a bit of "redwash" tint to the hair and skin tone variation. She's balanced in such a way that she falls off her base rather easily --- I could see having to add some sticky down the road. (right... back to work now)

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-05-04 at 14:59.
Old 2006-05-04, 14:40   Link #847
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I noticed the Evangline figure on HLJ - though not very good images.. i think i'll wait for your images. ^_^

True about the baby face, its just something you gotta live with.
Old 2006-05-05, 07:12   Link #848
meroko_mew_mew
Meroko_Mew_Mew

Send a message via MSN to meroko_mew_mew
I am almost finished number 6, and then I have 7 to read and thats all I have.. Do you know how many are in total?
meroko_mew_mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 07:16   Link #849
rooboy
Umeboshi!

There are 9 released in the US (10 is at the end of the month). The series is still ongoing in Japan though.
Old 2006-05-05, 11:11   Link #850
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay... here's the pics of the Konami 8" figures Evangeline and Asuna:
I'll post the trading figures in another post.

Evangeline is a bit cartoony but her swirl of hair, cape, and dynamic pose make up for it. Her figure is right on the edge of being unbalanced (relying a bit much on friction to keep her bolted on) so I can see applying a bit of sticky as she ages.

Asuna is dead on target with a lot of detail ... no complaints about her quality.

These figures are good enough I'm thinking of selling my shuffle! figs to make room for more Negima since I enjoy the manga so much anyway.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-05-05 at 11:27.
Old 2006-05-05, 11:38   Link #851
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Trading figure pics... as often is, I'm highly impressed with the quality in figures this small (about 6")

Sadly this is all that's out at the moment. The figures come in a 10 pack box (so you end up getting two of each usually). I'm hoping they'll release a "martial arts girl" pack of Setsuna, Kaede, Tatsumiya, and Fei Ku but haven't heard anything yet. It is probably going to depend on the response to the new OVAs.
Old 2006-05-05, 11:53   Link #852
meroko_mew_mew
Meroko_Mew_Mew

:o

Oua!!! Where did you get them? ^_^
Old 2006-05-05, 12:01   Link #853
meroko_mew_mew
Meroko_Mew_Mew

Oh yes, and should I watch the whole anime or will it give away the ending to the manga? (please don't give the ending away) ... 5 episodes left and i'm reading the 6'th manga currently..?
Old 2006-05-05, 12:08   Link #854
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by meroko_mew_mew
Oh yes, and should I watch the whole anime or will it give away the ending to the manga? (please don't give the ending away) ... 5 episodes left and i'm reading the 6'th manga currently..?
Go ahead and watch the rest of the anime, since the anime has already started to stray far from the manga's path at this point (as seen by what they cut from the Kyoto arc) and is about to start an "anime-only" plotline for the last five episodes (although Xebec should have done the right thing and have the Kyoto arc be the final arc, while adding in the stuff that they cut).
Old 2006-05-05, 12:30   Link #855
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks a lot for the images Vexx. ^___^

I planned to buy the Evangline one, but now after seeing close up images i have even more reason to.. shall have to try and get a hold of the trading figures too. ^^
Old 2006-05-05, 13:20   Link #856
meroko_mew_mew
Meroko_Mew_Mew

Ooh thanks TnAdct1!!
Add me to msn and we'll talk more about it.. meroko_mew_mew@hotmail.com

Thanks again!! ^_^
Old 2006-05-05, 15:09   Link #857
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have several sources I usually get figures from --- as usual, pre-ordering before release is best.
www.hlj.com
www.cdjapan.co.jp
www.animaxis.com
www.amazon.co.jp
www.e2046.com (this one sells mostly paint.assemble kits)
---- these are the only sources that have never left me hanging (as in said they could get it and then failed). Be wary of any shop that needs more than 72hrs to ship it if the figure is *released*.

Meroko: the anime diverts pretty heavily from the manga, ends oddly, and actually irritated a lot of people over the story re-write and the animation problems.
Some of us just call it "Negima Alternative" (spoofing the Futukoi Alternative name) and its more enjoyable that way. Most of the people I talk to consider episode 19 the best episode showing what the series might have achieved.
There are also two OVAs (special eps) coming out later this spring.summer - done by the same folks who animated Pani Poni Dash. Many people are excited that if they do a good job on that, there may be another season of Negima.
Moral of the story: the anime really wont spoil much of the manga at all especially if you are up to volume 6 or better.

Oh... also be aware that there is a separate thread for the Negima *ANIME* under the Fansubs section (its a few pages back at this point) but thats where we discuss the anime and the upcoming OVAs and possible second season. I only put the figure pics here because the manga thread is still active.
Old 2006-05-08, 17:16   Link #858
meroko_mew_mew
Meroko_Mew_Mew

I have another question about the Manga.. I just watched the end of the Anime...Just finished crying my eyes out lol.. But umm, Okay.. I hate to say this in case it spoils the ending for someone... so im going to ask it very carefully and if you'd much rather e-mail me the answer go ahead: Meroko_mew_mew@hotmail.com

My question is: Is the ending of the anime ANYWHERE in the manga? if you know what I mean... If not, and you may know the answer please e-mail me or add me to msn.Thanks!!
Old 2006-05-08, 19:20   Link #859
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

not at all. The anime starts diverging during the Kyoto arc (where they suppress a character that becomes important later...) and it went in its own way after it. (Well... the anime final arc is very loosely based on some events of the manga, but... well... you should read the manga yourself )
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 22:15   Link #860
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Well, technically we don't know if the anime has diverged yet, since we don't know anything about the mystery the last anime arc explores. We won't know if it's diverged until
Spoiler for it's not the anime thread, so:

Tags
action, fantasy