AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2008-01-19, 01:28   Link #1461
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
You do know that Del Rey's releases are unedited, right?
Nop, I was extrapolating from Tenjo Tenge.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 02:17   Link #1462
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Nop, I was extrapolating from Tenjo Tenge.
Yes, but Tenjo Tenge was published in the US by a totally different publisher (CMX) and Tenjo Tenge was particularly infamous for the heavy editing of "mature material" in the US release. Del Rey on the other hand seems to be fairly dedicated to releasing their manga uncensored , and certianly there has not been any particular uproar about anything being censored in Negima! to date.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 13:52   Link #1463
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Yes, but Tenjo Tenge was published in the US by a totally different publisher (CMX) and Tenjo Tenge was particularly infamous for the heavy editing of "mature material" in the US release. Del Rey on the other hand seems to be fairly dedicated to releasing their manga uncensored , and certianly there has not been any particular uproar about anything being censored in Negima! to date.
Well, several people on Anime on DVD got a bit flustered about volume 16's edited cover and back cover. The front cover's original was inserted within the volume, but the back cover didn't get the same treatment. To and several others, it wasn't that big of a deal, but others are challenging Del Rey's credibility and saying that something like this could lead to more edits. Whatever, some guy from Del Rey came in and said that the contents will always remain unchanged. The cover was a special case.
Old 2008-01-21, 10:08   Link #1464
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
Well, several people on Anime on DVD got a bit flustered about volume 16's edited cover and back cover.
Hmmm... just what got censored?

Spoiler for Vol 16 Covers:

Other than the title, they both look the same to me.
Old 2008-01-21, 12:02   Link #1465
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Hmmm... just what got censored?

Spoiler for Vol 16 Covers:

Other than the title, they both look the same to me.
The top cover was the working cover of volume 16. Two main changes to Ayaka's outfit:

1. The top part was changed to avoid making it appear as if Ayaka's breasts were exposed

2. The string part of the panty-part of Ayaka's outfit was editted out (same thing happened to Yuuna on the back cover).

EDIT: Spoiler pics of 201 are out, and if what I see is correct,
Spoiler for 201:

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2008-01-22 at 22:28.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 02:10   Link #1466
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
EDIT: Spoiler pics of 201 are out, and if what I see is correct,
Spoiler for 201:
That's not a very good. The way it is now, you're merely a Nodoka fan rather than a Negima fan.
--------

Sorry for going off topic, I just can't stand some people.

Can't check the spoiler raws yet cuz I'm in the office, and it WAS tagged NSFW. So yeah, will comment later when I get back.
Old 2008-01-23, 02:25   Link #1467
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Well here be the sauce for some of them spoiler pics.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 12:26   Link #1468
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post

Its about time she got a pactio!
Old 2008-01-23, 12:28   Link #1469
Xellos-_^
Married

i always thought she had one already.
Old 2008-01-23, 12:53   Link #1470
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
That's not a very good. The way it is now, you're merely a Nodoka fan rather than a Negima fan.
--------

Don't worry. I am indeed a Negima fan. It's just that I've became such a huge Nodoka fan (What can I say? She's one of the cutest girls in anime IMO) that I like the character more than the manga itself, and hence I have a hard time enjoying Negima when she's not around (especially when I don't know what's happening to her).

Also, the start of this arc is so awful that it's kinda painful for me to follow it. Come on, do we really need to the first part of the arc to consist of fanservice that isn't really needed, "useless" characters appearing before the more interesting/useful ones, and another "tournament" storyline that wouldn't have happened if a certain girl had listened to Asuna's warning and not followed Negi's group into the Magic World? Hence, I'm hoping that
Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-23, 12:55   Link #1471
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
--------

Don't worry. I am indeed a Negima fan. It's just that I've became such a huge Nodoka fan (What can I say? She's one of the cutest girls in anime IMO) that I like the character more than the manga itself, and hence I have a hard time enjoying Negima when she's not around (especially when I don't know what's happening to her).

Don't get wrong. While I'm very upset at the way this arc is going, (come on, do we really need to the first part of the arc to consist of fanservice, characters that shouldn't be in the magic world getting invovled more than the Ministra Magi that people enjoy more, and another "tournament" storyline that wouldn't have happened if a certain girl had listened to Asuna's warning and not head into the Magic World), I'm hoping that
Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-23, 13:01   Link #1472
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-23, 13:06   Link #1473
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Spoiler:
For you maybe, but for me, this arc is causing me to put Ako in my "dislike" list. I'm sorry, but I feel that her actions results in precious chapters that could be used for more interesting things being wasted (I felt the same way when it came to her arc in the Mahora Festival, especially after the arc came to an end).
Old 2008-01-23, 17:28   Link #1474
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Also, the start of this arc is so awful that it's kinda painful for me to follow it. Come on, do we really need to the first part of the arc to consist of fanservice that isn't really needed, "useless" characters appearing before the more interesting/useful ones, and another "tournament" storyline that wouldn't have happened if a certain girl had listened to Asuna's warning and not followed Negi's group into the Magic World? Hence, I'm hoping that
Spoiler:
I do agree on the unnecisarty fanservice. While the 'screwing Chachamaru' scene least was funny, the rest of them served little purpose other then being, well, fanservice, and taking up yet more pages. The tournament made me roll my eyes, but it seems to be used more for plotdevelopment rather then the fights (heck, one of arguably one of the most important battles took place outside said tournament).

On the part of useless characters I start to disagree, mainly because almost every character started out as useless and moved on in the ranks to 'usefull' to 'core member' for this progresion, screen time is needed.

Although Ako is where I start agreeing with you once more. -_-

Now, I myself don't really like Nodoka, nor pretty much any of the popular characters (I seem to like the less popular ones. Chaaaaooo, why did you have to leave! T_T) bar perhaps Asuna (how popular is she anyway?) which is why I am looking forward to some development of the remaining characters that I really like: Mana and Asuna.

Looks like I'm in even less luck then you, though...
Old 2008-01-23, 22:09   Link #1475
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
On the part of useless characters I start to disagree, mainly because almost every character started out as useless and moved on in the ranks to 'usefull' to 'core member' for this progresion, screen time is needed.

Although Ako is where I start agreeing with you once more. -_-
I understand what you're saying here. However, when I say "useless", I was referring more to Chisame and, up until chapter 201, Asakura, two girls who didn't need to be found this early in the arc since they really don't provide anything that can help with what I think is the real priority: finding the others ASAP (if I wrote the story, either Nodoka, Setsuna, or Haruna would have been at one of the first three sites, with Yuuna and Chamo possibly being found as well if Nodoka was at the site).
Old 2008-01-24, 00:44   Link #1476
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Meh. Ako's scar and coloring scream "secret backstory". Maybe we'll get to see that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 09:47   Link #1477
mdauben

Thumbs up

Quote:
I do agree with you about Nodoka, she is probably my own favorite of the "girls", and I am quite eager to find out what is happening to her (the fact that we know nothing about her right now, makes me think that perhaps there is something interesting going to happen with her story).

Quote:
(come on, do we really need to the first part of the arc to consist of fanservice,
Well, I can't complain about the fanservice, it's one of the hall-marks of Ken's work, and I have to say one of the things I enjoy about it.

Quote:
characters that shouldn't be in the magic world getting invovled more than the Ministra Magi that people enjoy more,
I think much of that is just becuase the ministra magi (along with non-ministra characters like Kū Fei and Kaede Nagase) are more popular just becuase they have gotten developed already. I think it was pretty obvious that before he was done, Ken fully intended to develop all the girl's characters so it should be no suppise that we are seeing that development for the "athletic club" at this point, even if it means taking the spotlight off of some of the better known characters for a while.

I'm actually enjoying getting to know Ako Izumi a little better in this arc. She was just one of the background characters that I didn't pay much attention to for a long time, but as she developes she is starting to really interest me. I find the twist of her having a crush as the fictious "Nagi" especially interesting, and look forward to seeing where that goes.

Quote:
and another "tournament" storyline
I have to agree here, I think that Ken could have come up with a more interesting plot device for Negi and the crew than another shounen -style, "lets-level-Negi-up" tournament, but the humor, characters, and non-tournament plot-lines are still interesting enough that I am enjoying the current story, regardless.
Old 2008-01-24, 13:09   Link #1478
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Meh. Ako's scar and coloring scream "secret backstory". Maybe we'll get to see that.
The problem is that, when it comes to Ako, Ken is more busy with the "Nagi" subplot than the origins of the scar, hence wasting any potential that she may have.

Quote:
I think much of that is just becuase the ministra magi (along with non-ministra characters like Kū Fei and Kaede Nagase) are more popular just becuase they have gotten developed already. I think it was pretty obvious that before he was done, Ken fully intended to develop all the girl's characters so it should be no suppise that we are seeing that development for the "athletic club" at this point, even if it means taking the spotlight off of some of the better known characters for a while.
Unfortunately, I think that the main girls would have been useful in developing the Sports Girls (instead of using the same characters involved in the Ako arc, which pretty much resulted in almost nothing when it came to character development). For instance, Nodoka would have easily worked if she was found earlier because:

Spoiler:

2. Given how she sits next to Ako in her class (and has confessed her love to Negi already), she could have made the "Nagi" situation even more interesting (rather than just "should I tell Ako that Nagi is really Negi?").
Old 2008-01-24, 14:00   Link #1479
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Well, look who it is... hey there TnAdct1.
"Because people dig birds with swords."
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 15:34   Link #1480
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post

Yeah, it was about time.

Spoiler for About this arc:

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1
Well I think this is normal, everyone has a favorite girl and we want to know what happens to her in each chapter, like in this kind of arc, some characters haven't appeared and obviously we start to ignore the other ones. I find Nodoka cute (Was my first fav girl), and would be interesting to see what's she doing (She's not strong, so she's not fighting, she also is not expert in combat arts or something like that, so she's not training like Asuna/Setsuna).

Spoiler for Chapter 200:

Tags
action, fantasy