AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-01-24, 17:49   Link #1481
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
I understand what you're saying here. However, when I say "useless", I was referring more to Chisame and, up until chapter 201, Asakura, two girls who didn't need to be found this early in the arc since they really don't provide anything that can help with what I think is the real priority: finding the others ASAP (if I wrote the story, either Nodoka, Setsuna, or Haruna would have been at one of the first three sites, with Yuuna and Chamo possibly being found as well if Nodoka was at the site).
I strongly disagree with that train of thought. Chisame has hardly been useless, being that she is the one that provided a stable platform for the panicking Negi, and was the one who forged the initial plans to find the others. Asakura had been the one who gathered intell on the now enslaved girls.

I hardly see a reason for Nodoka to be found first, other then to appease the Nodoka fans. Her artifact obviously has its limits, otherwise she would have found Negi by now. This renders her use to about zero (because lets face it, apart from reading minds, what can Nodoka actually do?) and reduces her story function to eye-candy for the fans.

It's obvious Ken wants to keep the Setsuna/Asuna combi going, but regardless, my choice would rather point to Kaide rather then Setsuna. Someone like her can go undercover and scout easilly, giving the group an edge. Not to mention her calm, strong and solid personallity far exceeds Setsuna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash002 View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 200:
What's this? A comrade?

Yes, I'm still silently hoping Ken will put Chao back in to the story. T_T
Old 2008-01-24, 22:07   Link #1482
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I hardly see a reason for Nodoka to be found first, other then to appease the Nodoka fans. Her artifact obviously has its limits, otherwise she would have found Negi by now. This renders her use to about zero (because lets face it, apart from reading minds, what can Nodoka actually do?) and reduces her story function to eye-candy for the fans.
When I said Nodoka being found first, I also was considering her invovlement with the Sports Girls and how I feel she could benefit if she ended up being paired with either Ako or Yuuna (as I mentioned above).
Old 2008-01-24, 23:40   Link #1483
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

i'll guess both Ako's scar and prehaps to a lesser degree Yuuna's past unearths sooner or later ... Yuuna's past at latest as an 'afterthought' immediately after the arc when they (proberly) get back to 'status quo' on the school

the thing i would be most interested in right now is prehap almost a quick snapshot of whats happening in the 'real' world ... as far as i understand the stuff that have been said since the start of the arc time goes both places, though at a slightly faster speed in the magical world (ie. a month in magic world aren't a month in real world) ... then it would be very interesting to see ayaka and the other girls that didn't got on the ride go more or less bungus because the lost half the class ... and nekane more or less succesfully trying to get rid of them without gaining heat

Last edited by Sian; 2008-01-25 at 00:17.
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 16:49   Link #1484
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
When I said Nodoka being found first, I also was considering her invovlement with the Sports Girls and how I feel she could benefit if she ended up being paired with either Ako or Yuuna (as I mentioned above).
Actually, the one who could best explain the world of magic to them would be Yui, as she can A: keep a level head, and B: her pactio is an encyclopedia with huge amounts of knowledge, she can easilly look up and explain anything they encounter.
Old 2008-01-27, 21:35   Link #1485
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Actually, the one who could best explain the world of magic to them would be Yui, as she can A: keep a level head, and B: her pactio is an encyclopedia with huge amounts of knowledge, she can easilly look up and explain anything they encounter.
Yue may be a better person to explain it to the non-Akira Sports Girls. However, I kinda think Nodoka would be involved more when it comes to the Sports Girls because:

1. Makie obviously considers her more of a threat to Negi's heart than Yue;

2. Along with sitting next to Ako in class, Nodoka could make the "Nagi/Ako" storyline even more interesting if she does know that Nagi is Negi.

3. Ken has dropped a lot of hints that suggest that Nodoka will be the one that will explain how a Pactio works to Yuuna.
Old 2008-01-28, 00:56   Link #1486
Asrialys

Quote:
1. Makie obviously considers her more of a threat to Negi's heart than Yue;
What? Makie? I always saw her as playfully adoring Negi.

Quote:
2. Along with sitting next to Ako in class, Nodoka could make the "Nagi/Ako" storyline even more interesting if she does know that Nagi is Negi.
Personally, if Ako does find out that Nagi is Negi, then she'll be totally out of it for a bit while Yuuna (if she's around at the time) kicks Negi's butt. I think that there's a possibility that once she comes to terms with it, then she may not get involved with crushing over Negi as some of the other girls have. It can go either way.

Quote:
3. Ken has dropped a lot of hints that suggest that Nodoka will be the one that will explain how a Pactio works to Yuuna.
What hints? But I do think she wouldn't mind talking about kissing Negi. Of course, she would say that it's all for helping him :P

Last edited by Asrialys; 2008-01-28 at 01:27.
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 09:02   Link #1487
MeganeShounen
Ever-changing Life

Thoughts on 201:
Spoiler:
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 12:06   Link #1488
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
What? Makie? I always saw her as playfully adoring Negi.
When Nodoka received her Pactio, Makie and Ayaka (the two main "insane Negi fans") immediately considered her to be a rival when it comes to Negi.

Quote:
What hints? But I do think she wouldn't mind talking about kissing Negi. Of course, she would say that it's all for helping him :P
Spoiler for Possible Hints:
Old 2008-01-28, 13:48   Link #1489
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
I understand what you're saying here. However, when I say "useless", I was referring more to Chisame and, up until chapter 201, Asakura, two girls who didn't need to be found this early in the arc since they really don't provide anything that can help with what I think is the real priority: finding the others ASAP (if I wrote the story, either Nodoka, Setsuna, or Haruna would have been at one of the first three sites, with Yuuna and Chamo possibly being found as well if Nodoka was at the site).
The plot looks more realistic if it doesn't bend itself to suit the characters' needs.

Also, everyone has their favorites. I like Chisame a whole lot more than Nodoka, since I find her to be more of an original, less cliched, character. And besides, Nodoka is always getting a close spot to the spotlight; nothing wrong with leaving the others to shine as well.

But yeah, I already miss Haruna as well.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 21:41   Link #1490
Asrialys

Quote:
Spoiler for Possible Hints:
Spoiler:

Chapter 201. For a bit there, I thought Rakan yelled out "Negi Forever!" Not quite sure which one's funnier...

Last edited by Asrialys; 2008-01-28 at 22:27.
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 02:40   Link #1491
AlaAlba

helo,I m new here.

I really like negima, it s better than the author's previous work, Love Hina. my fave character is Asuna

Quote:
Chapter 201. For a bit there, I thought Rakan yelled out "Negi Forever!" Not quite sure which one's funnier...
that d be lot funnier
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 08:51   Link #1492
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Quote:
Its supposed to be his final skill of some sort to teach Negi xD

Any Chisame Fans here? <33
Old 2008-01-29, 12:18   Link #1493
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkg9990 View Post
Its supposed to be his final skill of some sort to teach Negi xD

*raises hand*

well, not really a fan (I'm more of a Chao fan myself), but I do really like her character.
Old 2008-01-29, 12:27   Link #1494
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
*raises hand*

well, not really a fan (I'm more of a Chao fan myself), but I do really like her character.
chp 201 mention the city of Zephilla

So don't be surprise if a pair of guest stars starting a flat-chest red hair mage and her yogurt brain swordsman sidekick eating in a restraunt.

Edit: chp201 not 202

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2008-01-29 at 19:35.
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 13:29   Link #1495
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
chp 202 mention the city of Zephilla
Don't you mean chapter 201, or did you get a chance to read 202 already?
Old 2008-01-29, 13:33   Link #1496
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkg9990 View Post
She's actually my favorite of the cast, with Haruna and Yue coming close.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 18:29   Link #1497
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
chp 202 mention the city of Zephilla

So don't be surprise if a pair of guest stars starting a flat-chest red hair mage and a her yogurt brain swordsman sidekick eating in a restraunt.

Edit: chp201 not 202
Oh, if only.
Old 2008-01-30, 06:39   Link #1498
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Power levels have officially infiltrated Negima, previously with ranks, now officially with numbers.

Spoiler for 202:

LOL Aegis. I guess that means Chao's robots aren't really all that powerful.

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2008-01-30 at 23:23.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 08:57   Link #1499
AlaAlba

nagi or that rakan guy is not on that list, wonder if he is the highest/strongest.
rather than these power list, I really want to know the negi love list that kamo showed to the girls back at eva's resort.

Spoiler for yue:
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 12:16   Link #1500
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Power levels have officially infiltrated Negima, previously with ranks, now officially with numbers.

Spoiler for 202:

LOL Aegis. I guess that means Chao's robots aren't really all that powerful.

Spoiler:

Who's that with 8000 anyway?
8000 is either Eva or Nagi.

that is my guess.

Tags
action, fantasy