AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-15, 16:23   Link #1881
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Fate is to cool to be a "villian of the week" such as Count Willhem was ... i'd like some more tips thrown around about who he really is, (though i'm fully aware that that might ruin some fun of his character)

In my opinion fate is the most interesting of the 'true' villians (eva aren't a villian even though she might say otherwise)
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 19:10   Link #1882
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
On that note, I hope Ishida Akira returns to do his voice again. It's perfect for an andro-looking thing like Fate.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 02:36   Link #1883
Eastern_Mage
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
yez: Mahora Fest arc seems like a story within a story. It's maybe a bit long, but I think (just a theory) Akamatsu-sensei put that arc to establish a connection on Fate's ambition and Chao action. Going back at the start, so to say.

And Fate is one of the main villains. The real villain is about to be revealed. But one thing is clear, Fate and Wilheim are working for one powerful boss.
Eastern_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 07:14   Link #1884
mdauben
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a world all my own
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen View Post
Fate is to cool to be a "villian of the week" such as Count Willhem was ...
I'd say that the fact that he has been around on and off for around half the series (he first appeared back in the Kyoto arc, after all) diqualifies him as a "villian of the week"
__________________
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-4/711686/urdsiggyformdaubenke6.JPG
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 10:30   Link #1885
Eastern_Mage
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
I have preview of Period 217. I don't know if they're ok to post those pics so to play safe, I won't. Hints are: almost everyone are back, Tosaka following Negi ang Nodoka's group were under attack. That's all. Thankies!

That's all I can give, though I have a short summary of the whole chapter.
Eastern_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 18:42   Link #1886
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Yes, no pics are allowed as Negima is licensed.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 01:03   Link #1887
Eastern_Mage
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Anyone noticed this? Fate seems to be vulnerable and completely defenseless against sudden attacks? Happened many times in the manga, actually. Hmmm, that could be his weakpoint.
Eastern_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 01:28   Link #1888
Asrialys
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Age: 26
Sudden attacks? That sounds like surprise attacks. I mean, lots of people would be caught off-guard by surprise attacks. We've never really seen him in an all-out battle yet.

But who knows. Maybe his speed or reaction time isn't that great. But his power is still immense.
__________________
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 09:07   Link #1889
Eastern_Mage
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
^ but for a high level mage like him (even if he's an illusion), he would've countered the attack which he didn't as he didn't see it 'coming' and these happened for I think, more than 5 times.

Other noticeable on Fate is that he's aware about Nodoka's artifact and he seems anxious about it. He even remarked: "You're artifact is dangerous, let me put you to sleep"
Eastern_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 10:25   Link #1890
AlaAlba
...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
nah, you re thinking too much, Fate didnt response well on those attacks because maybe he always looks down on people/enemies. He thinks he is powerful enough not to be serious in fights. He wont do any of those mistakes once he goes on 100% mode.

chapter 216 is really a good one. I really like the way Akamatsu sensei changing the time-setting thus in that way he saved some explanations and conversations.
and I really want to know what Tosaka would do after he know the fact that nagi is negi, more than Ako love story. all of this happened because Negi keeps that stupid robe. Tosaka wouldnt recognize he was Nagi if he wore another usual robe
my guess; Tosaka would thought that Nagi is good at appearance-changing magic and used it to changed his form to a boy form and do some terrorist doings.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 11:36   Link #1891
Asrialys
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern_Mage View Post
^ but for a high level mage like him (even if he's an illusion), he would've countered the attack which he didn't as he didn't see it 'coming' and these happened for I think, more than 5 times.

Other noticeable on Fate is that he's aware about Nodoka's artifact and he seems anxious about it. He even remarked: "You're artifact is dangerous, let me put you to sleep"
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
nah, you re thinking too much, Fate didnt response well on those attacks because maybe he always looks down on people/enemies. He thinks he is powerful enough not to be serious in fights. He wont do any of those mistakes once he goes on 100% mode.
Just as AlaAlba says, Fate hasn't gone all-out yet. So he knows a simple punch to the face won't cause major damage. But at the same time, I think he's a bit pissed. And intrigued.

Nodoka's artifact is dangerous. She can predict moves. Although, no idea how much that'll help in a high-speed battle. Not to mention that she can reveal lots of things if she asks the right questions. We know nothing of Fate. But despite looking young, I'm thinking that he must be pretty old to be known by Rakan and other magicians (Yuuna's father and Donette). And he said that he was created for the purpose of current plot.

Heh, now I'm thinking that Fate was created in a way similar to how I was thinking Asuna was created a few pages back...

Quote:
chapter 216 is really a good one. I really like the way Akamatsu sensei changing the time-setting thus in that way he saved some explanations and conversations.
and I really want to know what Tosaka would do after he know the fact that nagi is negi, more than Ako love story. all of this happened because Negi keeps that stupid robe. Tosaka wouldnt recognize he was Nagi if he wore another usual robe
my guess; Tosaka would thought that Nagi is good at appearance-changing magic and used it to changed his form to a boy form and do some terrorist doings.
Robe?

I think that it's going to be about the money. Negi and Kotarou are still prize fighters. They can still get him the prize money. And then he can turn them in for more money. I doubt terrorism is any concern of his. The Magic Country is already crazy as it is. And if Negi and Kotarou fail in the tournament, he can still turn them in for the money.

I can see it all coming down to blackmail.
__________________
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 13:08   Link #1892
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
Nodoka's artifact is dangerous. She can predict moves. Although, no idea how much that'll help in a high-speed battle. Not to mention that she can reveal lots of things if she asks the right questions.
well ... with the magical items Nodoka have gotten lately she is basicly able to detect anyone else's thoughts, at will, almost before they think it. As seen in Chapter 210 the diary have somewhat upgraded so she doesn't really need to ask questions, but gets the 'here and right now' thoughts

She can basicly have her book in her backpack with her ring and headset on ... her book picks up the thoughts of the person which's name is given by her ring and the headset reads the book and read it up for her ... instantly

... only thing lacking to make her abilities ultimately unfair is a item that makes her able to transmit thoughts to a named person ... and that is something i think i remember that the card is able to do, if both the Magister and Minista is within a certain range of each other
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 13:52   Link #1893
Asrialys
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen View Post
well ... with the magical items Nodoka have gotten lately she is basicly able to detect anyone else's thoughts, at will, almost before they think it. As seen in Chapter 210 the diary have somewhat upgraded so she doesn't really need to ask questions, but gets the 'here and right now' thoughts

She can basicly have her book in her backpack with her ring and headset on ... her book picks up the thoughts of the person which's name is given by her ring and the headset reads the book and read it up for her ... instantly

... only thing lacking to make her abilities ultimately unfair is a item that makes her able to transmit thoughts to a named person ... and that is something i think i remember that the card is able to do, if both the Magister and Minista is within a certain range of each other
But I was talking about in regards to Fate. Of course Nodoka may be able to figure out Fate's plan easily. But there probably may be more specifics. If she had the chance, she could ask him all kinds of things, granted that he can't mask his thoughts well. If Rakan knows about Fate, then maybe so does Negi's father. Nodoka can all kinds of things. Especially what exactly are his plans. Who sent him, if anyone. If he knows anything about Negi's father. Just exactly who is he.
__________________
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 16:22   Link #1894
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wales
Age: 35
Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Marrying a cousin is legal in both Japan and England. And quite a few states of the USA. And most of the world, really.

Is it even certain they're related at all? Being called "onee-chan" is no evidence either way.
They have the same surname, which is usually a good indication, and her father is Negi's uncle (or at least he calls him uncle, which isn't necessarily conclusive in Japan but taking the name into account as well..)
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 00:14   Link #1895
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Where have we learned their surnames?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 01:35   Link #1896
Eastern_Mage
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Asryalis: Oh, Then Fate's not perfect at all, that can still be considered as his weakpoint, which Negi can take advantege of, should they face each other again in battle. With Negi's newly acquired power and ample training, Fate can now be defeated (I'm not saying though that Negi may win instantly).

I'm still wondering if high level mages can detect that Nodoka's reading their thoughts. Hmmm...

Period 214: Is "Asu" also a monetary unit of mundus magicus? You'll find this term in the early pages of this period.

Last edited by Eastern_Mage; 2008-06-18 at 01:49.
Eastern_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 04:33   Link #1897
Asrialys
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern_Mage View Post
Period 214: Is "Asu" also a monetary unit of mundus magicus? You'll find this term in the early pages of this period.
Maybe like cents and dollars? *shrug* lol If that were the case, 1 million Drochma must be really insane.
__________________
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 09:11   Link #1898
Eastern_Mage
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Seems like it's derived from Asuna's name, huh?
Eastern_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 11:07   Link #1899
Asrialys
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Age: 26
I was thinking the same thing at one point. lol
__________________
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 00:59   Link #1900
Eastern_Mage
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
^ I can't think of another derivation of the word 'Asu' than Asuna's name. So if that's the case, I'll make an assumption that Asuna seems to be a good person/princess because a tribute was made to her, ayt?
Eastern_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, fantasy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.