AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 5 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 13.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 23.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 3.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-01-06, 08:50   Link #21
Aurelis
Daydreamer

You know, all the units have had themselves unarmed but I noticed SBS had its railguns on? Well, probably removed its shooting ability.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 08:55   Link #22
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
You know, all the units have had themselves unarmed but I noticed SBS had its railguns on? Well, probably removed its shooting ability.
Likely would've been disqualified if they did use them anyway. Technically Aila's Qubeley Papillon should still be able to use its mystery bits, yet didn't.

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 08:58   Link #23
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Likely would've been disqualified if they did use them anyway. Technically Aila's Qubeley Papillon should still be able to use its mystery bits, yet didn't.
I kinda almost expected the SBS to utilize that yellow frame-like effect to improve its throw. The ability to focus its strengths into just the working arm was a better result though.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 09:08   Link #24
NeutralZero

not just the rail gun
many units have built in weapons yet they didn't use it
esp the german champ considering the weapon he got...
NeutralZero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 09:43   Link #25
Side-streetdog

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
BTW too, is Luang Dallara a normal Thai name? I always curious about native opinions on Japanese naming-sense for foreigners .
Nope

We have discussed this in Thai anime board too.
And no one know how to call his name in thai...

"Luang" mean great or grand but it hadn't much use in everyday life.
Normally use for royalty related or ancient government officer,
At present time it mostly use with region related like monks and priests.
But as title not a name at-lest not a normal people name.

I must accept that us feel weird when Sunrise use "Luang" as people name.

And "Dallara" thing...
Honestly even until now no one sure what this "Dallara" is.
As heard character in anime say his name we assume that his name spell like dara but it still not right.
Since no one sure what his name really is.
We just call him "Luang"

Oh well... since now days my country have a lot of weird names that even stranger than fiction.
I'll just wait for official Thai name from sunrise.

Spoiler for And here something I got from other board that describe my feeling right now:
Old 2014-01-06, 09:50   Link #26
DuelGundam2099

Oh hey, Duo goes to /m/ just like me! But that isn't important, what is important is that this episode was awesome. Yes baseball was out of left field (pun intended), but in a series like this they are trying to make new ideas. You have to give them props for the idea of battles with selected weapons. I do find it off how many liberties the plaskovsky particles are taken with the baseball game, but the fight with the Dreissen and Astray makes less sense (I am dumbstruck why you guys don't find that battle strange). I am also amazed not one of you pointed out that a STANDING TORTOISE FROM VOTOMS MADE A CAMEO! No, really, that is what Kampfer Amazing fought! Albeit it looked like a Hyaku Shiki, but the head was a give away.

I will return one day, I promise that much.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 09:56   Link #27
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I am also amazed not one of you pointed out that a STANDING TORTOISE FROM VOTOMS MADE A CAMEO! No, really, that is what Kampfer Amazing fought! Albeit it looked like a Hyaku Shiki, but the head was a give away.
Because it's not a Standing Tortoise, it's a Zaku Flipper, albeit made to resemble a Standing Tortoise, much like how the Abigorbine is a shoutout to Dunbine.

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 10:09   Link #28
DuelGundam2099

Oh wow I have never heard of that mobile suit.Thank you LG.

Old 2014-01-06, 10:11   Link #29
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

LMAO. Baseball match? The sheer ridiculous of Gunpla Baseball match was hilariously awesome

100/10
Old 2014-01-06, 10:16   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Gundams playing baseball. This is awesome. I regret that Reiji and Sei didn't get to fight the Thai champion the good old fashioned way though. I was looking forward to how they were going to overcome their weakness.

Having the contestants draw their weapons by lots was a good idea. I hope they'll continue to spice the tournament up with events like that.
Old 2014-01-06, 11:18   Link #31
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Side-streetdog View Post
Nope
Oh well... since now days my country have a lot of weird names that even stranger than fiction.
I'll just wait for official Thai name from sunrise.
Hah. Trust me, you won't want that. Japan's naming sense and all.

Old 2014-01-06, 11:33   Link #32
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Hah. Trust me, you won't want that. Japan's naming sense and all.

Japanese naming sense is a little strange but usually only when there is a theme to the names, at the risk of going off topic here, Zeta was full of names referring to women in general even most of the guy's names. Could be worse though could be Dragon Ball where every name is named after something like a food, clothing or musical instrument.

The original idea for 'Mobile Suit Gundam' which was 'Freedom Fighter Gunboy' though....

Last edited by Raso; 2014-01-06 at 12:02.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 12:20   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well not a great episode. Honestly would have preferred a legitimate rematch against Luang. Seems like a waste for him to go out through this goofy baseball game. Certainly worth some chuckles with the final pitch, but yeah would have liked an actual fight. Maybe a way to bypass actually figuring out how they'd get Sei and Reiji to beat him after he handled the Star Build Strike pretty easily in the first fight.

As always Reiji and Aila are fun to watch interact. I guess with Reiji's royal background not stepping up to fight those guys in place of Aila would have been a blow to family honor. Certainly keeps making an improved impression even though hilariously they've gotten pretty far not knowing each others name . Though should be fun to see how things proceed from here with her finding out he's a competitor.

Also getting more insight onto Aila's feelings about gunpla and battles. Insanely good, but it isn't a passion for her. I'm sure being a judge on a cooking show would be more to her tastes .
Old 2014-01-06, 12:22   Link #34
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Oh hey, Duo goes to /m/ just like me! But that isn't important, what is important is that this episode was awesome. Yes baseball was out of left field (pun intended), but in a series like this they are trying to make new ideas. You have to give them props for the idea of battles with selected weapons. I do find it off how many liberties the plaskovsky particles are taken with the baseball game, but the fight with the Dreissen and Astray makes less sense (I am dumbstruck why you guys don't find that battle strange).
Reply those in bold.

Some of us dont find it strange is because this video explains said fight.
Old 2014-01-06, 12:36   Link #35
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well not a great episode. Honestly would have preferred a legitimate rematch against Luang. Seems like a waste for him to go out through this goofy baseball game. Certainly worth some chuckles with the final pitch, but yeah would have liked an actual fight. Maybe a way to bypass actually figuring out how they'd get Sei and Reiji to beat him after he handled the Star Build Strike pretty easily in the first fight..
No one has actually been knocked out yet, it is still the prelims so the possibility of a rematch with a straight fight is still there. They are most likely saving the straight up 1 v 1 fights for bracket rounds.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 12:48   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso View Post
No one has actually been knocked out yet, it is still the prelims so the possibility of a rematch with a straight fight is still there. They are most likely saving the straight up 1 v 1 fights for bracket rounds.
Which is nice, but still left it a weaker episode. And who knows if they get a legitimate rematch anyways. Certainly no guarantees though would be nice.
Old 2014-01-06, 14:00   Link #37
DuelGundam2099

Quote:
Some of us dont find it strange is because this video explains said fight.
Isn't that some assassin move common in Japanese plays or something?

Old 2014-01-06, 15:38   Link #38
mangakid95
Grats to Germany's 4th WC

I give it a 7/10. Reason's posted HERE.
Old 2014-01-06, 15:56   Link #39
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

I think Aila's emotionless thing is just an act in front of her superiors. The way she acts with Reiji is her true personality.

And what does the RG system do besides a light show?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 16:02   Link #40
mangakid95
Grats to Germany's 4th WC

^I also noticed that, honestly, I noticed it since their first encounter. But this episode confirmed it. When she stood outside the bus & sighed before entering, showed that its just an act.

From what I gathered, the RG system focuses all the energy of the gunpla into a specific part of the mech. In this episode, the system was used to focus the energy into the right arm & we all saw the difference between that pitch & the other two. This is just the short summary, I'll leave the more detailed explanation to someone else.