AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2003-11-20, 20:25   Link #61
Animaniac
On leave?
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Cambridge, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
THE POT IS CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK
I feel your pain.

I'm glad this thread brought up some interesting dicussion, though not about what I would have liked.
__________________
इन्द्रियेभ्यः परं मनो मनसः सत्त्वमुत्तमम् ।
सत्त्वादधि महानात्मा महतोऽव्यक्तमुत्तमम् ॥
Animaniac is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 20:43   Link #62
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: look behind you...


The representatives for the U.S. loves puppy dogs.

rejoice!

There is a difference between racism and bigotry. Not everyone is a bigot. Everyone is racist.

Its fine to say that certain people are racist, but to say that "some countries are generally more racist than others, namely white countries," is contradictory to your argument.

My take on the middle east: the oil argument is pretty dry. they need land so that they can have middle eastern investments (airports, hospitals, commercial area). Also to gain a foothold in the middle east by conquering Iraq and Iran (which they plan on doing).

This plea for ridding North Korea of their WoMD is totally blown out of proportion. North Korea has the ability to produce 5 warheads yearly. That is nothing compared to the north.

__________________

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 21:36   Link #63
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
hmm i dont remember saying koreans are better. i even said that koreans shouldnt have been rated so friendly during the world cup. Cuz i know koreans can be super-racists. So read my posts carefully before deciding wat i said.

i also remeber saying "lets attack N.Korea" only thing is its just too complicated
the reasons why im against attacking N korea is simple:
they would bomb s.korea, japan, will cost over 1000 US casulties, and if their missles have developed as much as the US intelligence say it has, they will bomb Hawaii and maybe even CA. That affects me ALOT, cuz im KOrean American in CA.
and as hunter said, N Korea is no ant, Iraq is, but N Korea isnt. My history teacher last yr was a military expert. and to quote him "You do not want to piss of the israelies, the vietnamese, the N Koreans, and especially u dont not want to piss of the chinese" Since N Korea is right next to china, if they feel the US is getting too close... yea its bad. China may bad in global wars cuz of mobility, but when it comes to the continental asia, US can have up 100,000 casulties fighting the chinese.

yea and china is allowed to have nuckes. Let see, so is russia, france, india, pakistan and i forget. THere was 8 i believe. PLus hunter, with wat army would u feel comfortable for attacking china with?

btw: if hussein had no WMD why was he "hiding" it. He wouldnt let inspectors go through certain areas. I mean, i dont know how confident u have to be to provke the US military. Which Hussein did. Plus do u really expect the US army to find a giant building that says "THERE IS WMD INSIDE HERE!" To quote a Commander in the MArines: "We're not expecting to find a giant factory with gleaming WMD all in place with hussein's picture stamped on it. We're looking for bits and pieces of WMD scattered all over IRaq, wats worse is that it can be all over Europe for all we know" (Time Magazine... it was.. forgot wat month it was about a month after the war ended)

you guys dont listen do you? i said 3 times now, that i said white countries have been racists, not white ppl are racists. And you even quoted me on that. I must hate white ppl cuz they are racists and my friends.... hmmm tat works out perfectly right?
Do u think i go around going at school: YES white ppl are racists! Oh hey John, i forgot ure white... oh and u too jeff, ok all white ppl except you guys... and dana... and u... and u.... Honestly u dont know anything about me, so dont put the term "Racists" on me cuz ive been thru shitload to get into the US and be comfortable AND I STILL GET RACIST REMAKRS OUTSIDE OF CA.
If you think i was being too blunt or watever else, than im sorry. Its just how i am, AND in my school we're all comfortable with the race thing. Its one of the most mixed school in CA, and thats saying a lot. I can make jokes and no one cares, cuz its only a joke. I can say my political views, and no one will be like "ure a stupid racists" maybe im just more comfortable than most of you.

my euro history teacher, who is white btw, said that the european countries couldnt have been more racist in history. on the same day, my english teacher said the samething, except it was america.

africans sold africans true.... but africans didnt call africans N___ or savages, or inferior beasts. Nor did they have the model "African's Burden" Nor did africans run around white countries taking it over and using the Bible as an excuse to exploit all they have. You cant change history im sorry, so as far as history goes....

Uh... im sorry did you not call me a racist cause i said white countries have been and in many ways still are racists in their policies? How is it tha America accepts only 10,000 asian immigrants a year, while nearly 100,000 europeans are allowed? How many black, hispanic, or asian presidents have you seen in white countries? and of course there are enough minorities in those countries to have a president of that race, especially here in the US.
Uh... did i not notice the fact tat u called me racists for that, and u support the fact that ryutengu said "koreans are stupid cause of you"
victim? victim of what? i dont feel like a victim, im just offended how u technically supported ryutengu's post about that, and u go against my posts which have been supported by government policy and the history of these countries. While the only thing ryutengu can come up with is.. "Koreans are stupid cause of you"

Its not true that everyone is a racist. Im not a racist no matter how much you want to think so. I may feel more comfortable with koreans, but tats natrual, especiall cuz i was born in that country. At school u notice most hispanics hangout with hispanics, and so on for just about all other races. They just feel comfortable.

my friends? if i gave u a list of the races i hang out with, the post will be too long. So dont even say im racist, dont even imply it.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 21:42   Link #64
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
EDIT: somethings wrong with this thread: i cant go to pg. 4 so i cant edit my post up there. ANyone know the problem?
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 21:45   Link #65
Lambda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 35
OK, here are a few points:

Firstly, everyone is racist. Now that's certainly not to say that everyone has a racist philosophy, certainly many people, when asked about it would say that they treated peoples of all races equally. But that's not quite how it works in practice, because most racism is unconscious. People will inevitably make intuitive judgements. And people are programmed by evolution to favour other people who are likely to be closer relations to them, which in this case will mean of the same race. This is unescapable when it comes to intuition.

(The reason is because a closer relation is likely to share more of your genes, and therefore genes which encourage this sort of behaviour will survive better than those that don't.)

Second, it is probably fair to say that in general, Whites are more racist than average, but this isn't an inherent quality, rather it is cultural, the legacy of a long period of time in which Europe held a massive technological advantage over the rest of the world, which its people naturally interpreted as evidence of their superiority.

And WMDs. The only country in the Middle East we know has WMDs is Israel, it has nuclear weapons. Syria probably has chemical weapons, but purely as a response to Israel's nuclear arsenal (and since it hasn't signed the convention against chemical weapons, it is perfectly entitled to.) Iran is more difficult to read.

And North Korea does have nuclear weapons, that's why they're not going to get invaded any time soon.

The message that current American foreign policy is sending? "If we don't like you, you need to get WMDs to protect yourself." Apparently, this will make the world a safer place, as will putting more American troops on Arab soil, the main reason (along with support of Israel) that so many Muslims want to attack America through terrorism in the first place.
Lambda is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 21:50   Link #66
Lambda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
if hussein had no WMD why was he "hiding" it.
One word. Pride. I think you need to understand the psychology of such people a bit better.
Lambda is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 21:53   Link #67
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambda
OK, here are a few points:

Firstly, everyone is racist. Now that's certainly not to say that everyone has a racist philosophy, certainly many people, when asked about it would say that they treated peoples of all races equally. But that's not quite how it works in practice, because most racism is unconscious. People will inevitably make intuitive judgements. And people are programmed by evolution to favour other people who are likely to be closer relations to them, which in this case will mean of the same race. This is unescapable when it comes to intuition.

(The reason is because a closer relation is likely to share more of your genes, and therefore genes which encourage this sort of behaviour will survive better than those that don't.)

Second, it is probably fair to say that in general, Whites are more racist than average, but this isn't an inherent quality, rather it is cultural, the legacy of a long period of time in which Europe held a massive technological advantage over the rest of the world, which its people naturally interpreted as evidence of their superiority.

And WMDs. The only country in the Middle East we know has WMDs is Israel, it has nuclear weapons. Syria probably has chemical weapons, but purely as a response to Israel's nuclear arsenal (and since it hasn't signed the convention against chemical weapons, it is perfectly entitled to.) Iran is more difficult to read.

And North Korea does have nuclear weapons, that's why they're not going to get invaded any time soon.

The message that current American foreign policy is sending? "If we don't like you, you need to get WMDs to protect yourself." Apparently, this will make the world a safer place, as will putting more American troops on Arab soil, the main reason (along with support of Israel) that so many Muslims want to attack America through terrorism in the first place.
fixed the problem: i know u must hate it but ha!

anyways: Lambda knows wat hes talking about.
US still says not 100% sure on N.korea tho. Only to make ppl not panic i guess.
I dont think US is there for oil, but more like conquest if its anything bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambda
One word. Pride. I think you need to understand the psychology of such people a bit better.
tats a pretty big and dangerous ego.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 21:59   Link #68
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: i dont know can you help me
Age: 25
to solve this whole "lets kill immigrants" problem is to boot bush outa the white house and get another president like we had during the sixties who tried to abolish rascism all together now can i get an amen
__________________
A.S.S. for ever!!!
The Anti Sasuke Syndicate, where sasuke lovers go to feel really really bad about themselves and their favorite character. Est. 2003
Lee-pimp is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 22:01   Link #69
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-pimp
to solve this whole "lets kill immigrants" problem is to boot bush outa the white house and get another president like we had during the sixties who tried to abolish rascism all together now can i get an amen
hmm i support bush.
but having kennedy back would be nice, or go even furthur back to ppl like Lincoln... u have a point there Lee-pimp. AMEN!
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 22:08   Link #70
Lambda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-pimp
to solve this whole "lets kill immigrants" problem is to boot bush outa the white house and get another president like we had during the sixties who tried to abolish rascism all together now can i get an amen
I'm all for kicking out Bush, but the idea of eliminating racism altogether can be dangerous since it suggests a lack of understanding of the situation, it is impossible and the obvious methods of fighting it are often not only ineffectual but will often intensify the problem.

Fighting racism takes subtlety and patience.
Lambda is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 22:10   Link #71
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambda
I'm all for kicking out Bush, but the idea of eliminating racism altogether can be dangerous since it suggests a lack of understanding of the situation, it is impossible and the obvious methods of fighting it are often not only ineffectual but will often intensify the problem.

Fighting racism takes subtlety and patience.
thats why i said how can u expect these countries to stop having racism in their policy only after 30 yrs? Some ppl in this country grew up during segregation. bitterness must be still there.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 22:26   Link #72
Neko no Makai
f0rum n00b
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
fixed the problem: i know u must hate it but ha!
I dont think US is there for oil, but more like conquest if its anything bad.
Sorry to say, but there is evidence that US did attack iraq because of the oil market. Think about it, bush's administration is all for big business. Not to mention we have the vise president and a number of his fathers friends whispering in his ear. I said it before and ill say it again, when the market opens up again. Vise president and those companys will all be rich, and i doubt the citizens will ever see a fraction of those profits.
Neko no Makai is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 22:34   Link #73
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko no Makai
Sorry to say, but there is evidence that US did attack iraq because of the oil market. Think about it, bush's administration is all for big business. Not to mention we have the vise president and a number of his fathers friends whispering in his ear. I said it before and ill say it again, when the market opens up again. Vise president and those companys will all be rich, and i doubt the citizens will ever see a fraction of those profits.
if bush wanted oil so bad, he'll just dig in good ol Texas and Alaska.
i thought it was a possibilty too, until my teacher said "unlikely" US has more oil here than most ppl think. Plus Iraq is not the only place that has oil

but wat u say is true, politican always go out of office knowing they'll have money from corporations.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 23:00   Link #74
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fish-shape Paumanok
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
hmm i dont remember saying koreans are better. i even said that koreans shouldnt have been rated so friendly during the world cup. Cuz i know koreans can be super-racists. So read my posts carefully before deciding wat i said.
Read what I quoted.

I summarize your post like this: "Western countries are such racists. Jews are racists especially."

If that is not hypocrisy, I don't know what is!
__________________
Learn to define and spell moé
Shii (formerly known as ashibaka)
Shii is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 23:08   Link #75
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Read what I quoted.

I summarize your post like this: "Western countries are such racists. Jews are racists especially."

If that is not hypocrisy, I don't know what is!
hmm i never said koreans are any better.
its just the government policies of these countries are worst. i mean allowing less asians and hispanics to enter the country, while if ure a citizen of a european country ure allowed in america, and if ure american ure allowed everywhere.

btw: i can tell most of ure getting mad because i said white countries are racist from what they have done and are doing thru policies, but all u guys read is "white......racist......korea" thats all u guys seem to read. cuz when u reply its always, "whites arent racist..." "yea koreans blah blah"
once again country is different than ppl.

jews especially? no theyre not different from others. but....http://johnw.host.sk/photo/nazism_vs_zionism.htm
tat may interest u.

also in the beginning i said: "These ppl can get away with racism" that was my main point about jews.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 23:21   Link #76
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic
My take on the middle east: the oil argument is pretty dry. they need land so that they can have middle eastern investments (airports, hospitals, commercial area). Also to gain a foothold in the middle east by conquering Iraq and Iran (which they plan on doing).
The oil argument isn't pretty dry anymore when you know that the last estimation about the quantity of oil in the world will not last more than a century more or less, but indeed it's not the only reason.

For those which this kind of story amuses, in order to fight against Iraqi resistance and the Bin ladenist terrorists infiltrated, the US government consider more than very seriously to use the Iraqi chintz, ie indirectly Iran.
Did you remember at the time of the fall of Saddam the crazy guys which were whipped to the blood by themself by achieving their pelerinage? They're maybe the future auxiliary of Freedom and Democracy.
There are people who never learns.


Zoro it's impossible to discuss with you, first you said that Iraq was dangerous, then not anymore when that bothered you, you say one thing in a post and the opposite in the other.

Then you're bad informed, Saddam didn't let passed the inspectors to certain place before the threats of war launched by the US.
After that, the inspectors said that they could go anywhere they wanted, they only asked for more people to accelerate the process.
But the Bush government refused by saying that they have proof of the possession of WMD by Iraq, finally all the 'evidence' was fakes, only lies.

I'm already tired of your one man show about the-white-country-more-rascist-than the-other so I will just point some thing.

First you're completely wrong, , African made and make genocide because they think that other Afrikan are inferior beasts.
Never heard of the pigmee? You can forget them, they were genocided by other African ethnos group in the last ten years.
Or about the Rwanda? About the Tutsi and the Hutu?
The genocide organised by the Khmer Rouges in Kampuchea in Asia?
The way the chinese act on the Tibet?
Or in Bangladesh in 1971, in Indonesia in 1965, in Ethiopia during a douzen years until 1991, recently the Indian Achés of Paraguay...

And I just speak about the last ones, the list isn't even complete.

Btw I didn't 'supported ryutengu's post' (I didn't even know what he say), but one thing is clear I didn't supported you.
You speak about history, and well you should study a little more before saying that only the white made this kind of thing.

Finally I'm tired to hear race this or race that.
Genetically speaking there is only one human race, the color of the skin has the same kind of difference that the colors of the hair or of the eyes, or that the freckles...
You can be white and to be genetically closer to a black than of another white people.
Hunter is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 23:41   Link #77
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: look behind you...
Hunter: Right, oil does play a role, but only because of the energy crisis facing the United States, and mayhaps even all of North America. Oil is just a scapegoat that uninformed pedestrians use to justify American Affrimative Action. It isn't exactly the shortage of oil, but the population consumption.

Matt Simmons, CEO of the world's largest energy investment bank states that:

Someone's going to be left holding the bag big time. If natural gas consumption surges in ten days of excessive heat then it would require almost a complete shutdown of industrial consumption to compensate and protect the grid. As I have been reporting for years now, there isn't going to be enough gas to run those plants, let alone new ones.


all this slander towards the "US government those sons of bitches" is nothing more than gossip that youths like to propogate to "stick it to the man."

Moderate doses of http://www.gnn.tv/ and CNN oughta set youths straight.
__________________

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 23:50   Link #78
Tzurial
in silent opposition
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: oh...I've been there
Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
if bush wanted oil so bad, he'll just dig in good ol Texas and Alaska.
i thought it was a possibilty too, until my teacher said "unlikely" US has more oil here than most ppl think. Plus Iraq is not the only place that has oil

but wat u say is true, politican always go out of office knowing they'll have money from corporations.
Yes the US has an incredible amount of oil. “The average estimate for economically recoverable oil in ANWR [Alaska National Wildlife Reserve] is 10.3 billion barrels. That is double the amount of all the oil n Texas , and almost half the total U.S. proven reserves."

But Bush will not be getting any of it because I am going to chain myself to the caribou and stop him!!
Tzurial is offline  
Old 2003-11-20, 23:55   Link #79
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic
Hunter: Right, oil does play a role, but only because of the energy crisis facing the United States, and mayhaps even all of North America. Oil is just a scapegoat that uninformed pedestrians use to justify American Affrimative Action. It isn't exactly the shortage of oil, but the population consumption.

Matt Simmons, CEO of the world's largest energy investment bank states that:

Someone's going to be left holding the bag big time. If natural gas consumption surges in ten days of excessive heat then it would require almost a complete shutdown of industrial consumption to compensate and protect the grid. As I have been reporting for years now, there isn't going to be enough gas to run those plants, let alone new ones.
Indeed, the future development of the energy crisis will be 'interesting'.
It's an old chinese curse which say : May you live in interesting times, right?


Quote:
all this slander towards the "US government those sons of bitches" is nothing more than gossip that youths like to propogate to "stick it to the man."

Moderate doses of http://www.gnn.tv/ and CNN oughta set youths straight.
lol it's not untrue
Hunter is offline  
Old 2003-11-21, 00:03   Link #80
NinjaServ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Amen to the gov, and they need to go after those damn lazy white ppl too!!!! oh wait....I am one, shit, nevermind.....
__________________
Give me negative feedback, even on good posts, going for -100 so I can have TWO red buttons !!! Current Feedback: -21[/size]
NinjaServ is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.