AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2014-02-15, 19:27   Link #41
Kimidori
Let's Play

no, the lack of start menu absolutely messed up my workflow tanked my productivity, as I (and many others) consider putting icon on desktop ruin wallpaper and look bad, I launch all my program from the start menu.
Old 2014-02-16, 00:24   Link #42
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
no, the lack of start menu absolutely messed up my workflow tanked my productivity, as I (and many others) consider putting icon on desktop ruin wallpaper and look bad, I launch all my program from the start menu.
Well, I don't know what your workflow is.

But for me, my workflow is to click on the corner, and search and click on the program I want to run. The layout for the Start Screen might be bigger, but I don't consider that a significant difference. The overall workflow is pretty similar.

Of course, it also helps that the taskbar can also hold more commonly-used programs.

And speaking of my parents, some people also launch programs from the desktop. So again, their workflow there isn't changed much.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 13:54   Link #43
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Next Windows will witness the return of a (hybrid) Start Menu, which will fuse the original SM we've all come to know with the Windows Live Tiles.

Of course, this is only a first blend, so it's still subject to change. Remember the community previews/betas of Windows 7, which first looked like an updated Vista...until MS finally revealed the W7 Glass theme? Nothing's final yet.

EDIT: well, Myerson said "I'm not here to announce the next version of Windows", but I guess it gives us an idea of what may come in the future. And he also announced that W8.1 would be free for devices with screens < 9''.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; 2014-04-02 at 14:31.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 18:27   Link #44
Sacredus

I stopped reading this news at first "titles" word. I don't want this thing in any form.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-03, 14:20   Link #45
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Looks like the odd ones will be shit too from now on...
Old 2014-04-03, 22:31   Link #46
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Windows 8 is fine for touchpads, but it doesn't meet the needs of the business Desktop/Laptop that is Windows' bread and butter.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 22:36   Link #47
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Windows XP is officially at its End of Life stages; Microsoft has announced end of support for the 14-year-old operating system.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...d-support-help

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote